BlackAndGold
04-29-2017, 12:45 PM
Welcome.

DesertSteel
04-29-2017, 12:51 PM
Just sayin...

Psycho Ward 86
04-29-2017, 12:52 PM
Dak was a way better college QB than Dobbs. Hope he pans out, i think we were all expecting Dobbs or Kaaya at some point

86WARD
04-29-2017, 01:35 PM
Fucking 'nother draft pick with alopecia. This GM and coaching staff has lost it. Unbelievable.

In other news, Landry Jones tweeted that Dobbs is taking Mettenbergers jobbs.

stillers4me
04-29-2017, 01:37 PM
Fucking 'nother draft pick with alopecia. This GM and coaching staff has lost it. Unbelievable.

:huh:

Bluecoat96
04-29-2017, 01:40 PM

Lmao. That's some funny stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DesertSteel
04-29-2017, 02:00 PM
Good one :D

Psycho Ward 86
04-29-2017, 02:07 PM
Fucking 'nother draft pick with alopecia.

I think were hosting an awareness campaign

86WARD
04-29-2017, 02:16 PM

Lol. Let's do it!!

tube517
04-29-2017, 02:18 PM

[emoji38]

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

GBMelBlount
04-29-2017, 02:56 PM

It affects dogs too.

https://retrieverman.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/worlds-ugliest-dog.jpg?w=500

DesertSteel
04-29-2017, 02:59 PM
2 of my 8 dogs are hairless

WCSteeler
04-29-2017, 03:06 PM
Kordell Stewert 2.0 ��

j-d-s
04-29-2017, 03:09 PM
Can we please get rid of Landry Jones right now? That guy does not belong on any NFL team, except maybe dumpster fires like Cleveland and SF.

Born2Steel
04-29-2017, 03:12 PM
Can we please get rid of Landry Jones right now? That guy does not belong on any NFL team, except maybe dumpster fires like Cleveland and SF.

Right after we draft Brad Kaaya in the 6th.

WCSteeler
04-29-2017, 03:33 PM
Right after we draft Brad Kaaya in the 6th.

This would make me feel better.......seriously

Steeldude
04-29-2017, 07:15 PM
Why not trade these picks away if you aren't going to use them wisely? Dobbs? I wouldn't have picked Dobbs even if the draft had 12 rounds or more.

Dobbs will be out of the league after the Steelers waste a roster spot on him for 4 years.

Texasteel
05-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Read that the 49ers traded ahead of Pittsburgh and Tampa, 3rd round comp., to take Beathard because they were convinced that both could have had him targeted for their next pick.

DesertSteel
05-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Why not trade these picks away if you aren't going to use them wisely? Dobbs? I wouldn't have picked Dobbs even if the draft had 12 rounds or more.

Dobbs will be out of the league after the Steelers waste a roster spot on him for 4 years.
Dobbs will be a Hall of Fame QB.

My statement has as much validity as yours since we haven't even seen him play.

43Hitman
05-05-2017, 05:07 PM
Read that the 49ers traded ahead of Pittsburgh and Tampa, 3rd round comp., to take Beathard because they were convinced that both could have had him targeted for their next pick.How do you think he is going to pan out at the pro level? I really like him, at the college level. I'm just not sure how he will do against the speed of NFL defenses. I think Born2Steel had mentioned us going for him and I was hesitant. Should we have? You know my heart is in Iowa and I know that you have a damn good eye for talent and how it will project to the next level. Especially when it comes to our Hawkeyes.

steel striker
05-06-2017, 11:18 AM
I'm willing to give this kid a chance and, let's see what he can do. I know a lot of long time steeler fans just think of Kordell but, let's see how he can develop.

BlackAndGold
05-06-2017, 01:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uTbAJSJg_U

86WARD
05-06-2017, 04:01 PM
He just looks so uncomfortable to me...

Born2Steel
05-06-2017, 07:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uTbAJSJg_U

My take away from this reel.....

The tips by receivers should not count as QB INTs. Most of Dobbs' INTs came from the DB under-cutting the route. That falls on timing/footwork mechanics usually. There were some downfield accuracy issues that should be *red flags*. The arm strength cannot be denied on this tape. His accuracy on the move was actually impressive by this tape. He did not get much help from his Oline and WRs on many of these INTs. Fundamentally, I liked what I saw, I like his arm strength, footwork and timing are things that are easily fixable, plus he will have bigger,faster targets at this level. Accuracy issues are rarely fixed at the pro level. All in all a good tape.

Psycho Ward 86
05-06-2017, 08:23 PM
i saw a pretty informative Steelersdepot article about how Dobbs' inaccurate throws are usually due to footwork issues and not upperbody mechanics. His upperbody technique is good, but when his footwork goes awry, everything else fizzles out at times. Apparently its a lot easier to fix footwork than upperbody mechanics though?

And I also remember reading somewhere that Dobb had one of the top 5 highest QB ratings while throwing under pressure. That combined with his deep ball accuracy are some encouraging signs. I hate getting my hopes up on a guy that i think will suck but im really trying :lol:

Texasteel
05-06-2017, 08:50 PM
How do you think he is going to pan out at the pro level? I really like him, at the college level. I'm just not sure how he will do against the speed of NFL defenses. I think Born2Steel had mentioned us going for him and I was hesitant. Should we have? You know my heart is in Iowa and I know that you have a damn good eye for talent and how it will project to the next level. Especially when it comes to our Hawkeyes.
Beathard is a tough kid, sometimes a little to tough. He has to learn to protect his body better. He will take hits that he really doesn't need to. He played through several injuries two years ago and had a great season, he then played through several injuries last year and didn't look near as good. Why?

Last year C.J. was without his favorite receiver, out for the year with an injury. His second favorite receiver, Kittle, played almost the entire season with an injury of his own. Remember Iowa's offence uses their TE heavily. The talent behind them was not nearly what he lost in those two players. C.J. could not get the same comfort level with the receivers he had available, and it showed. He made some bad decision through out the year, and that hurt him and the team.

C.J. is a mobile QB that can throw on the run, or run for yardage when he needs to. He needs to learn defenses better, and quite trying to make play when the play is not there. When healthy he can make most of the throws you need to in the NFL. His arm strength is good, not great, which can catch defenses off guard at times. He can make the medium throws to move the chains He is afraid to call off the coaches play and go with one he thinks can work.

My guess as to what he will become in the NFL? I think he can become a very good no. 2 QB, that can work his way into a starter somewhere, someday. However he will have to stay healthy, and he will have to learn behind a starter for a while. This is just an opinion of a fan that is not exactly unbiased.

teegre
05-06-2017, 11:04 PM
And I also remember reading somewhere that Dobb had one of the top 5 highest QB ratings while throwing under pressure. That combined with his deep ball accuracy are some encouraging signs. I hate getting my hopes up on a guy that i think will suck but im really trying :lol:

That was the same analysis given about Deshaun Watson. Both are great under pressure, both are better at the long ball, but both make bonehead throws to the underneath routes.

There is potential there.

But... we only used a R4 pick on Woods (as opposed to a trading up and/or using the 12th pick on him).

pczach
05-07-2017, 01:06 AM
Dobbs is compared with Dak Prescott for a reason. Both did similar things in similar offenses in college. Both are very athletic, and are able to escape pressure with their legs or turn up field and make plays running with the football. They also both have strong arms, and show the talent to get the ball down the field to make plays in the passing game.

The big question on both of them was whether they can consistently make the proper reads and throw the ball from the pocket. Prescott has a great OL and running game in front of him, and he made a quick transition to the pro game and embraced what the position demands at that level. He has shown the ability to be a very good NFL quarterback.

Dobbs has the inconsistent tape that shows you some disappointments, but also intrigues you with big-time throws from the pocket in stretches. How well he does at the NFL level will depend on how he makes the transition from a guy that often starts relying on his physical gifts with his legs to a quarterback that makes quick decisions, understands what he sees, trusts what his eyes tell him, and is then able to execute the offense by making throws from the pocket by committing to the pass and delivering the ball under pressure.

Dobbs is a very intelligent kid. He definitely has the mental capacity to grasp NFL offenses and be able to vocalize all the plays and calls at the LOS. He just needs the time to learn it.

Pure intellect does not guarantee success in football. There is a football IQ that is necessary to be able to make decisions quickly and then execute the throws. There is a very specific skill set that all the great quarterbacks have. The problem with all of this is that there is no way to know the full breadth of a quarterback's skills until he gets to the NFL and has to perform in that environment.

Dobbs has a lot of potential, but the bottom line is that he needs to show he can throw from the pocket consistently. If you get a chance, watch the episode of Gruden's Quarterback Camp on ESPN that features Dobbs. When he stood in the pocket and committed to his throws, he really looked good. When he bailed quickly from the offense and relied on his legs too much, the results were mixed. In the second half of the Florida game, Dobbs stood in the pocket, made the reads, and delivered the ball beautifully under severe pressure and with defenders in his face and taking big hits. He did all this against a very good defense with several NFL players on that squad. He led Tennessee to victory in that second half.

If Dobbs can show that he has the ability to play like that on a consistent basis against all defenses and coverages, he will have success at the NFL level.

Only time will tell if he has what it takes, but he is in the perfect situation to make that happen. He has a HOF quarterback to watch and learn from, and a patient coaching staff and organization. He will have every chance to be the best he can be. The rest will be up to him to put in the work to maximize his gifts.