PDA

View Full Version : Sutton A Player With Whom Steelers Able To Call Any Defense

stillers4me
04-29-2017, 08:22 AM
I think it’s safe to say that when Pittsburgh Steelers fans went to bed on Thursday night with visions of cornerbacks dancing in their heads, the name that they heard being announced was not Cameron Sutton. But that was the cornerback that they ended up taking with the 94th-overall selection during the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft.

With names as enticing as Chidobe Awuzie and Kevin King still on the board at the start of the day, it would be easy to understand the optimism. But even by their third-round pick, the likes of Shaquille Griffin, Fabian Moreau, and Quincy Wilson were gone—long gone in the case of the latter.

The introduction of Sutton into the cornerback room, however, is still an addition that will make the group better. It is especially his potential versatility that will be valuable, since he should be able to play both on the outside if necessary, but most likely in the slot, which is where the bigger concern is, more so short-term than immediate.........

Read more @ 17/04/lake-sutton-player-steelers-able-call-defense/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Born2Steel
04-29-2017, 08:37 AM
Can we make just one player selection thread? Or maybe one per player selected?

stillers4me
04-29-2017, 08:55 AM
Can we make just one player selection thread? Or maybe one per player selected?

Nope. sorry, but we've asked repeatedly not to bury articles inside other threads to no avail. That's just one reason why I took a break from the forum because it drives me insane to scroll through dozens of pages on a single thread just to find that links to articles that should be individual posts were being buried. I reposted the articles and explained yet again and again why we do it that way. Mods will merge threads when needed. I got really tired of not being able to find what was being posted and what wasn't.

Again, our posts are automatically feed as Twitter feeds to drive traffic to our forums. Articles that have exactly the same information in them need not even be posted and duplicated. But it's draft weekend and articles that give new information and different perspectives on draft picks can be posted individually. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

The other thing that drive absolutely batshit crazy is posting updates on 6 month old threads. Just post a new thread, please!

Born2Steel
04-29-2017, 08:58 AM
You're welcome. No offense meant. Why can you not just post all articles about Sutton in a thread titled Cameron Sutton. Will EVERY new article that comes out on that pick require it's own thread now?

stillers4me
04-29-2017, 09:03 AM
You're welcome. No offense meant. Why can you not just post all articles about Sutton in a thread titled Cameron Sutton. Will EVERY new article that comes out on that pick require it's own thread now?

sigh....it always has. When the articles get buried, there are ALOT of people that never see them. As a mod, we can see how many guests are reading threads at any given time. There are currently 249 guest reading the new threads just posted. If they had been buried......zip. They don't hit Twitter. AGAIN, an article that duplicates another thread need not be posted but others are just fine.

Born2Steel
04-29-2017, 09:16 AM
sigh....ok

RunNGun
04-30-2017, 05:29 AM
Hated this pick at first, but now I'm warming up to it after watching more film. I still don't like him on the outside or covering big WRs, but he could really help us against the Hogan's and Edelman's of the NFL. We drafted to beat New England it seems and I like the direction we are headed.

BurghBoy412
04-30-2017, 09:27 AM
My favorite pick if this draft

DesertSteel
05-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Nope. sorry, but we've asked repeatedly not to bury articles inside other threads to no avail. That's just one reason why I took a break from the forum because it drives me insane to scroll through dozens of pages on a single thread just to find that links to articles that should be individual posts were being buried. I reposted the articles and explained yet again and again why we do it that way. Mods will merge threads when needed. I got really tired of not being able to find what was being posted and what wasn't.

Again, our posts are automatically feed as Twitter feeds to drive traffic to our forums. Articles that have exactly the same information in them need not even be posted and duplicated. But it's draft weekend and articles that give new information and different perspectives on draft picks can be posted individually. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

The other thing that drive absolutely batshit crazy is posting updates on 6 month old threads. Just post a new thread, please!
100% agree with you!

Born2Steel
05-06-2017, 12:04 PM
sigh....it always has. When the articles get buried, there are ALOT of people that never see them. As a mod, we can see how many guests are reading threads at any given time. There are currently 249 guest reading the new threads just posted. If they had been buried......zip. They don't hit Twitter. AGAIN, an article that duplicates another thread need not be posted but others are just fine.

Just food for thought. When new threads get started, every member has to 'click' it in order to remove it. Whether actually reading the article or just cleaning up the new posts page. Therefore, each new thread gets at least 1 click per reader. Is that fact disguising numbers as interest, rather than simply removing threads. How many posts per thread is a better indicator of reader interest. New article threads on subjects of interest, such as new draftees, make sense since that's what readers are on here for in the first place. I don't think new article threads on 'Bryant's progress getting reinstated'(for example) makes any sense at all though. One thread on that subject should be fine.

stillers4me
05-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Nope. We actually see the number of guests on the site as well as what thread they are reading.

Please don't bury articles in other articles. Period.

If a new article posted is basically the same as a previously posted thread, there's no need to post it at all. New information needs to be started as a new thread. If it's just a paragraph that has new info, just quote the paragraph if you want.

This isn't rocket science. Nobody wants to weed through a month old topic that's 30 pages long with a half a dozen articles posted in it.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

Born2Steel
05-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Doesn't have to be 'rocket science', 4. "Just food for thought" as I started my last post. Kind of defensive?

RunNGun
05-09-2017, 12:40 AM
On a related note, I don't see what the Steelers see in Sutton in terms of being an every down player. I don't like him against the run at all. It's not his willingness, because he's fairly aggressive given his stature, but his lack of size will really hold him back against a lot of teams with physical WRs. I think he can play the outside given the right matchup, being WRs under 6'1.

BurghBoy412
05-09-2017, 07:09 AM
On a related note, I don't see what the Steelers see in Sutton in terms of being an every down player. I don't like him against the run at all. It's not his willingness, because he's fairly aggressive given his stature, but his lack of size will really hold him back against a lot of teams with physical WRs. I think he can play the outside given the right matchup, being WRs under 6'1.
He could struggle. He could end up being a legend. He might end up as an average journeyman player. Its really fun to speculate. That being said. I hope your assessment is all the way wrong.

SteelerFanInStl
05-09-2017, 07:22 AM

OK, I can't seem to find a consensus on how tall he is. Some say 5'11", others 6'1". weird.

No matter. There are plenty of excellent CBs in the NFL right now, like Malcolm Butler, that are 5'11" or shorter. That shouldn't be a problem.

Born2Steel
05-09-2017, 12:44 PM
The Steelers have been 'following' Sutton for 2 seasons that we know of. There is definitely a plan for this guy.

teegre
05-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Size ain't sh*t.

--Bushwick Bill

st33lersguy
05-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Glad he can play man, need more guys who can play man

pczach
05-09-2017, 06:36 PM
Size ain't sh*t.

--Bushwick Bill

:lol:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0b/3d/40/0b3d408e1b5f5d5b13433af13f16849f.jpg

- Joe Louis Clark

RunNGun
05-09-2017, 06:38 PM
He could struggle. He could end up being a legend. He might end up as an average journeyman player. Its really fun to speculate. That being said. I hope your assessment is all the way wrong.

I hope I am wrong too. He is listed at 6'1, but he looks more like he's 5'10. It's not so much the height with Sutton as it is the weight. I think they play him in the slot this year and hope that he adds more weight and strength to be more versatile in the 2018-2019 season.

tube517
05-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Size ain't sh*t.

--Bushwick Bill

:lol: