PDA

View Full Version : The steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster in the second round

polamalubeast
04-28-2017, 08:28 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/juju-smith-schuster?id=2558149

BlackAndGold
04-28-2017, 08:30 PM
Shouldn't be shocking. No trust with Bryant, Coates hasn't shown consistency.

GBMelBlount
04-28-2017, 08:30 PM
I am fine with this pick.

Juju is talented and plays with heart and could be great opposite Brown.

I never want to go into the playoffs again without Ben having enough weapons.

BlackAndGold
04-28-2017, 08:31 PM
Still just 20 years old.

86WARD
04-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Don't mind this pick. Not in love with it but like it better than taking a CB here that's no where near the value of a late second round pick. Better value with JuJu.

vader29
04-28-2017, 08:35 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/Jujubes-Box-Small.jpg

polamalubeast
04-28-2017, 08:35 PM

teegre
04-28-2017, 08:36 PM
Big Ben wanted a red-zone target.

The AFCCG agrees.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
04-28-2017, 08:37 PM
Bryant is probably pissed and firing up now and expect a tweet in a bit.

Edman
04-28-2017, 08:37 PM
Re-watch the AFCCG to show that our WR core leaves a lot to be desired. It got worse when Bell went down. After AB, we have no legitimate #2. We have a 1 and bunch of 3's and 4's.

Drafting Juju is basically the organization giving Martavis Bryant the kick in the ass he needs. He better get his shit together.

Scotty Steelers
04-28-2017, 08:38 PM
I get that he's a talented player. I just don't see WR as a position of need, even though several analysts thought so in the months leading up to the draft.

AB, Rogers, Coates, Bryant, Heyward-Bey, Hamilton, Ayers, Hunter and now JuJu...we will only carry five on the active roster, and I don't think anyone is an easy cut.

polamalubeast
04-28-2017, 08:41 PM

teegre
04-28-2017, 08:42 PM

Indeed.

Bryant is on Twitter ripping Sammie Coates, saying JuJu is his (Coates') replacement.

Bryant's maturity level explain the pick.

Edman
04-28-2017, 08:43 PM
Right on cue.

I'll give Martavis Bryant credit, his stupidity is predictable.

polamalubeast
04-28-2017, 08:43 PM

Steelheart
04-28-2017, 08:44 PM
Can't say that I like it. Too early for offense when our defense is so lacking. Not saying we should reach for a guy but Rivers was still there to double up at OLB and the Saints were offering a 3rd this year and 2nd next year to move back in. Would be interesting to know if the Steelers took that call.

Just really not a fan of this pick at all. No judgement on JuJu personally but damn, WR is just not a need right now.

st33lersguy
04-28-2017, 08:44 PM
Re-watch the AFCCG to show that our WR core leaves a lot to be desired. It got worse when Bell went down. After AB, we have no legitimate #2. We have a 1 and bunch of 3's and 4's.

Drafting Juju is basically the organization giving Martavis Bryant the kick in the ass he needs. He better get his shit together.

I remember a bunch of WRs from the Patriots getting WIDE open and a scrub named Chris Hogan burn the Steelers for 9 receptions 180 yards and 2 TDs. That is the number one reason why they lost

salamander
04-28-2017, 08:46 PM
Good job, Bryant. What a dumbass. I really hope he was just busting Coates' balls. :doh:

- - - Updated - - -

I like JuJu as a player, but I don't feel we needed a WR this early.

86WARD
04-28-2017, 08:46 PM
That tweet will be blown up all over the media...prepare for,the storm.

04-28-2017, 08:47 PM
Indeed.

Bryant is on Twitter ripping Sammie Coates, saying JuJu is his (Coates') replacement.

Bryant's maturity level explain the pick. Dang and obviously just joking but really his immature explains this pick indeed. Amazing he is talk crap again.

Steelheart
04-28-2017, 08:47 PM
I remember a bunch of WRs from the Patriots getting WIDE open and a scrub named Chris Hogan burn the Steelers for 9 receptions 180 yards and 2 TDs. That is the number one reason why they lost

Spot on. Defense got torched.

JuJu ain't going to fix that.

teegre
04-28-2017, 08:48 PM

Brother, you are indeed correct.

And... there are some really good corners still available. Do not fret. :nod:

polamalubeast
04-28-2017, 08:49 PM

86WARD
04-28-2017, 08:52 PM
Spot on. Defense got torched.

JuJu ain't going to fix that.

Neither is a third round CB picked in the second round...lol.

GBMelBlount
04-28-2017, 08:55 PM
This is a great insurance pick. Ben must have weapons for us to win the Superbowl.

Our defense is improving and will be even better this year and we will have several new solid defensive players this year.

I wanted Roku in the first so very happy we added JJSS.

This is a good pick.

04-28-2017, 08:56 PM
I get that he's a talented player. I just don't see WR as a position of need, even though several analysts thought so in the months leading up to the draft.

AB, Rogers, Coates, Bryant, Heyward-Bey, Hamilton, Ayers, Hunter and now JuJu...we will only carry five on the active roster, and I don't think anyone is an easy cut. Probably carry 6 this year and Bey, Hamilton and Ayers are the guys not making it.

Steelheart
04-28-2017, 08:58 PM

2 things.

1. I never said they should have taken a CB instead of him.

2. If the 3rd round pick turns out to be a good starter the value is 2 or better anyway, so wouldn't really be a reach in retrospect.

I would have rather doubled up with Rivers or attempted that trade with the Saints.

Edman
04-28-2017, 09:02 PM

No CB is going to work when you don't ask them to cover receivers.

Doesn't matter who they have in the secondary, the Lebeau Zone doesn't work against New England.

steelerdude15
04-28-2017, 09:02 PM

Unfortunately, he's probably being serious.

I'm fine with the pick. Could be a good slot receiver or number two guy if Marty can't stay clean.

04-28-2017, 09:03 PM
2 things.

1. I never said they should have taken a CB instead of him.

2. If the 3rd round pick turns out to be a good starter the value is 2 or better anyway, so wouldn't really be a reach in retrospect.

I would have rather doubled up with Rivers or attempted that trade with the Saints. I also would have traded with the Saints. A extra two next year would have gave us a lot to make a move on the future QB next year.

Mojouw
04-28-2017, 09:04 PM
Best case these two are just busting balls and everyone is actually laughing or Bryant is using his free time from smoking weed to be a terminal dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

I also would have traded with the Saints. A extra two next year would have gave us a lot to make a move on the future QB next year.
Takes two to tango

Steelheart
04-28-2017, 09:05 PM
Takes two to tango

That is the point. Why weren't the Steelers willing to dance?

polamalubeast
04-28-2017, 09:07 PM

- - - Updated - - -

That is the point. Why weren't the Steelers willing to dance?

The steelers almost never trade up or trade down Under Colbert

04-28-2017, 09:08 PM
Best case these two are just busting balls and everyone is actually laughing or Bryant is using his free time from smoking weed to be a terminal dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

Takes two to tango Nothing more then a phone call when basically the Saints are saying it to any team within the 2nd.

Terrapinstation
04-28-2017, 09:08 PM
Neither is a third round CB picked in the second round...lol. And when the '3rd rd value' CBs are all gone by our next pick, we just push it back to the 4th, then to the 5th, etc?

04-28-2017, 09:12 PM
As for JUJU don't mine the pick but could have been had in the 3rd or someone close to his skills. Would have sooner addressed more important needs. That said Pitt has a pretty good track record picking WR's and the kid probably will shine.

Steelheart
04-28-2017, 09:13 PM
Coates meant to type "Fuck you Bryant" but his messed up fingers scewed him all up.

DesertSteel
04-28-2017, 09:14 PM
How are his hands??? We need guys who can CATCH.

I agree with MB. He's Coates replacement.

teegre
04-28-2017, 09:14 PM
Coates meant to type "Fuck you Bryant" but his messed up fingers scewed him all up.

Post of the day.

04-28-2017, 09:15 PM
Post of the day. Agree!

polamalubeast
04-28-2017, 09:17 PM

DShell31
04-28-2017, 09:18 PM
I'm sorry M Bryant doesn't deserve to wear steelers uniform. His comments on twitter turned my stomach. At Least Coats was out there trying last year. Where were you Mr.Bryant. Sickning.

polamalubeast
04-28-2017, 09:18 PM

GBMelBlount
04-28-2017, 09:24 PM
I hope Coates et al, are truly pissed.

I wonder if the FO saw complacency as well as incompetence.

WCSteeler
04-28-2017, 09:25 PM
It seems this team always drafts asshole WRs

04-28-2017, 09:30 PM
It seems this team always drafts asshole WRs Yes but they are very talented.

awe1028
04-28-2017, 09:32 PM

Exactly So far this has been a meh draft. Pittsburgh had no reason to select a WR this early. It did address the OLB though, so that's good. Bottom line: the Steelers need to fix the pass rush. Thus the The success or failure of the draft hinges on TJ Watt. If he becomes a successful pass rusher then it is a successful draft if he fails then.... It is that simple.

WCSteeler
04-28-2017, 09:34 PM
Yes but they are very talented.

Touche sir

Craic
04-28-2017, 09:40 PM
Looks like Bryant wiped out his posts.

GBMelBlount
04-28-2017, 09:51 PM
Just curious how long it takes for weed to go through your system?

steelreserve
04-28-2017, 09:54 PM
I agree with MB. He's Coates replacement.

No way man. He's Bryant's replacement. Not this year, but next year or the year after. You really think we're going to sign that guy to a big-money deal after his rookie contract ends, after all the stupid shit he's done?

Can't remember how it works exactly, but basically the yearlong suspension means we get to extend Bryant's rookie contract by a year. So we get this year and next year to audition someone. Apparently this was a guy we really liked, so i'm good with it. I mean, if Bryant is gone anyway, better that we get to go about this on our own terms.

And who knows, there's no guarantee Bryant even makes it through the year. He may well be rolling a blunt right now, to get in the right mindset to go for a nice drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious how long it takes for weed to go through your system?

About 30 days is the rule of thumb if you smoke it regularly. At least for piss tests, if they test your hair its basically until that part of your hair gets cut off.

DesertSteel
04-28-2017, 10:00 PM
No way man. He's Bryant's replacement. Not this year, but next year or the year after. You really think we're going to sign that guy to a big-money deal after his rookie contract ends, after all the stupid shit he's done?

Can't remember how it works exactly, but basically the yearlong suspension means we get to extend Bryant's rookie contract by a year. So we get this year and next year to audition someone. Apparently this was a guy we really liked, so i'm good with it. I mean, if Bryant is gone anyway, better that we get to go about this on our own terms.

And who knows, there's no guarantee Bryant even makes it through the year. He may well be rolling a blunt right now, to get in the right mindset to go for a nice drive.

- - - Updated - - -

About 30 days is the rule of thumb if you smoke it regularly. At least for piss tests, if they test your hair its basically until that part of your hair gets cut off.
MB is under contract until 2019.
Coates can't catch and his confidence is rattled.
JuJu is the 2-3 in the making.

Craic
04-28-2017, 10:15 PM

The thing is, in this offense, there's room for Brown, Bryant, Coates, and JuJu. We'll carry five receivers, six if one of them is also the return man. Bey is over thirty, and Steelers don't often sign their over thirty guys (except when their int he middle of a SB window, which is what happened a few years ago).

steelreserve
04-28-2017, 10:19 PM

We just spent our highest pick on a receiver in ages with the goal of making him the third-stringer? Not likely. This guy was drafted to be a #1 or #2.

We don't need to replace Coates. He hasn't done anything. So really any random WR with halfway decent speed leaves us no worse off. This one is, loud and clear we're not counting on Bryant and we're not getting caught with our pants down again.

If Coates ever turns the corner, it'll be a nice bonus for us, but we can't count on that either. Seems like his head is in the right place with this, so I'll be rooting for him, anyway.

Mojouw
04-28-2017, 10:22 PM
Best case for jujubee is that the Steelers just got a really young anquan boldin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tube517
04-28-2017, 10:30 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. Juju will replace Taytay when Taytay's contract is over. I don't see the Steelers re-signing him IF he (Taytay) even makes it through the 2 years. And possibly Richard Mann's last year this year so he (The double JU) can learn from the best.

In the meantime, Ben gets another toy (Maybe nudges him to play in 2018???? Hopefully.)

DesertSteel
04-28-2017, 10:44 PM
We just spent our highest pick on a receiver in ages with the goal of making him the third-stringer? Not likely. This guy was drafted to be a #1 or #2.

We don't need to replace Coates. He hasn't done anything. So really any random WR with halfway decent speed leaves us no worse off. This one is, loud and clear we're not counting on Bryant and we're not getting caught with our pants down again.

If Coates ever turns the corner, it'll be a nice bonus for us, but we can't count on that either. Seems like his head is in the right place with this, so I'll be rooting for him, anyway.

#3 receiver is not a third stringer lol. What game are you watching? Yeah they drafted him to replace AB. Ok.

Born2Steel
04-28-2017, 10:46 PM
Steelers draft a guy from USC = SuperBowls and HoF.

Craic
04-28-2017, 10:49 PM
I agree. Juju will replace Taytay when Taytay's contract is over. I don't see the Steelers re-signing him IF he (Taytay) even makes it through the 2 years. And possibly Richard Mann's last year this year so he (The double JU) can learn from the best.

In the meantime, Ben gets another toy (Maybe nudges him to play in 2018???? Hopefully.)

I don't know. If Bryant makes it two years without any problems, I think they'd reward him with another contract (provided he's performing on the field as well). I can't help but wonder if they're actually prepping for breaking in a new QB next year. Look at their picks. In the first three rounds, they picked up another WR and another RB, both of whom are a little different than anyone else we have on the team in their positions. Hopefully, we're seeing a little wisdom from the post-Bradshaw years coming into play. Supplement your great talent with some more good talent, then drop a new QB in there to learn for a year or two before he has to take the reigns.

DesertSteel
04-28-2017, 10:50 PM
I don't know. If Bryant makes it two years without any problems, I think they'd reward him with another contract (provided he's performing on the field as well). I can't help but wonder if they're actually prepping for breaking in a new QB next year. Look at their picks. In the first three rounds, they picked up another WR and another RB, both of whom are a little different than anyone else we have on the team in their positions. Hopefully, we're seeing a little wisdom from the post-Bradshaw years coming into play. Supplement your great talent with some more good talent, then drop a new QB in there to learn for a year or two before he has to take the reigns.
I think you're right. Although I'm not sure about NEXT year. Unless you mean to draft one.

pczach
04-28-2017, 10:55 PM
Best case for jujubee is that the Steelers just got a really young anquan boldin

That's the exact type of player that he is.

As soon as he was drafted I posted that he is an Anquan Boldin type of player in the draft thread.

Craic
04-28-2017, 10:57 PM
I think you're right. Although I'm not sure about NEXT year. Unless you mean to draft one.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Draft him and break him into the NFL under Ben for a year or two.

Dwinsgames
JuJu is your new Hines ward

Craic

If only.

Dwinsgames
04-28-2017, 10:59 PM
If only.

same kind of player , Ward-ish, Bolden-ish ... makes the combat catches

Born2Steel
04-28-2017, 11:01 PM

Will he get up smiling every time though?

Dwinsgames
04-28-2017, 11:01 PM
Will he get up smiling every time though?

lol probably not

pczach
04-28-2017, 11:03 PM
If only.

Those are big shoes. Rather than compare him to Hines, I think you will like his game. He competes like crazy on the field. He fights for the ball, makes the tough catches, is great in the red zone because of the big body and strong hands. He runs hard after the catch and is extremely physical.

I believe fans are going to love his effort on the field and grow to really like this kid's game.

Dwinsgames
04-28-2017, 11:05 PM
example of why I mentioned ward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLfJiYWW59M

tube517
04-28-2017, 11:06 PM
same kind of player , Ward-ish, Bolden-ish ... makes the combat catches

Is he a good blocker in the run game? If yes, I see why the Steelers wanted him

EDIT: I see your post above. It's late and I'm slow. Been looking at Youtube, this forum and the draft

tube517
04-28-2017, 11:17 PM

Ward-like. He'll need a big checkbook for some FedEx envelopes going to his house :chuckle:

Born2Steel
04-28-2017, 11:22 PM
I expect another WR in this draft. Josh Reynolds, Shelton Gibson, Mack Hollins, or another surprise with Chad Hanson.

Dwinsgames
04-28-2017, 11:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWDw4iyvIk

DesertSteel
04-28-2017, 11:24 PM
JuJu is a great name

Born2Steel
04-28-2017, 11:28 PM
JuJu is a great name

I'm going to call him John.

teegre
04-28-2017, 11:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgnaPfC20iE

fansince'76
04-29-2017, 12:58 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/Jujubes-Box-Small.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYYrLWnsH8s&feature=youtu.be

:chuckle:

RunNGun
04-29-2017, 06:34 AM
Juju reminds of Jerrico Cotchery more than anyone else, but with much more upside, obviously. Physical WR who is sure handed and willing to block. Ben will love Juju on third downs and in the red zone, where he also loved Cotch. What a great weapon to have!

Steelheart
04-29-2017, 06:49 AM
I expect another WR in this draft. Josh Reynolds, Shelton Gibson, Mack Hollins, or another surprise with Chad Hanson.

I don't see this happening at all. I mocked Josh Reynolds and Chad Hansen at different times but with the selection of JuJu I just can't see. If they go offense again it will be at TE.

43Hitman
04-29-2017, 07:27 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLfJiYWW59MOh man, that cracked me up. I needed that this morning. :hatsoff:

pczach
04-29-2017, 07:51 AM
Some highlights of JuJu for you to enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0iwtyeyonI

ETL
04-29-2017, 07:52 AM
Someone in Ravens land felt very strongly that they should have drafted Juju. Not that I care what Ravens fans think but provides a good analysis of this guy

https://ebonybird.com/2017/04/27/baltimore-ravens-must-target-juju-smith-schuster-friday-night/

stillers4me
04-29-2017, 07:55 AM
JuJu is a great name

Feel free throughout the season to use these hashtags as appropriate:

#goodjuju

#badjuju

BurghBoy412
04-29-2017, 08:14 AM
Just what this team needed. A great receiver to come in and add to the competition. Make all the other WR's step their game up. I was shocked he lasted as long as he did.

teegre
04-29-2017, 08:18 AM
Someone in Ravens land felt very strongly that they should have drafted Juju. Not that I care what Ravens fans think but provides a good analysis of this guy

https://ebonybird.com/2017/04/27/baltimore-ravens-must-target-juju-smith-schuster-friday-night/

My Ravens buddy texted me after the pick and said: "Damnit!!! We wanted JuJu."

Born2Steel
04-29-2017, 08:19 AM
One of the guys on tv brought up Snoop. "He's a USC fan AND a Steelers fan, so probably celebrating the pick. And probably illegally." LOL

43Hitman
04-29-2017, 08:22 AM
Mr. Newsome texted me after the pick and said: "Damnit!!! We wanted JuJu."Fixed it for ya! :wink02:

ETL
04-29-2017, 08:30 AM
My Ravens buddy texted me after the pick and said: "Damnit!!! We wanted JuJu."

I didn't know that their fan base wanted Juju that badly so I was curious and went on their draft message thread and this is a sample of their reaction after the Steelers took Juju. Kinda funny:

No, no, no, no , no , no, no NONONONO

How many receivers do the steelers need?

I hate Pittsburgh.

I swear they only took him to be sure we didn't.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME

HOLY KRAPP @ Steelers pick.

Crap

Steelers don't neglect their offense

Really Pittsburgh? Really.

They freaking took him just to rub it in our faces.

GBMelBlount
04-29-2017, 09:08 AM
:applaudit:

I didn't know that their fan base wanted Juju that badly so I was curious and went on their draft message thread and this is a sample of their reaction after the Steelers took Juju. Kinda funny:

No, no, no, no , no , no, no NONONONO

How many receivers do the steelers need?

I hate Pittsburgh.

I swear they only took him to be sure we didn't.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME

HOLY KRAPP @ Steelers pick.

Crap

Steelers don't neglect their offense

Really Pittsburgh? Really.

They freaking took him just to rub it in our faces.

st33lersguy
04-29-2017, 09:13 AM

Given that one of their starting WRs is Mike Wallace, I'm not surprised

SteelerFanInStl
04-29-2017, 09:42 AM

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know anything about him but I can already tell that I will love having him on the Steelers. I love his toughness and the way that he attacks the ball and the defender.

polamalubeast
04-29-2017, 10:16 AM

tube517
04-29-2017, 10:18 AM

I see him in the slot for now. Learn under Richard Mann before he retires.

pczach
04-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Thanks for posting this. I didn't know anything about him but I can already tell that I will love having him on the Steelers. I love his toughness and the way that he attacks the ball and the defender.

This guy is as physical as it gets.

He has great hands.

He wins the 50/50 balls.

The ball is his when it's in the air.

He goes up to get it with strong hands.

He will hit you and block.

Once the disappointment of not getting a CB, Edge rusher, TE, S, or whatever wears off.....Steelers fans are going to loooove this kid.

ETL
04-29-2017, 11:35 AM

He has great hands.

He wins the 50/50 balls.

Once the disappointment of not getting a CB, Edge rusher, TE, S, or whatever wears off.....Steelers fans are going to loooove this kid.

i love him already. I can't believe people are whining about picking a WR in round two. One failed drug test for Martavis and one bad hit to Coates hands and we are back to Cobi Hamilton and DHB. This is an excellent pick and I'm surprised he was even available for the Steelers to pick

teegre
04-29-2017, 11:37 AM
The Killer B's:

Big Ben
Brown
Bell
Bryant
Boswell
JuJu Bee

DesertSteel
04-29-2017, 11:38 AM
i love him already. I can't believe people are whining about picking a WR in round two. One failed drug test for Martavis and one bad hit to Coates hands and we are back to Cobi Hamilton and DHB. This is an excellent pick and I'm surprised he was even available for the Steelers to pick
Yeah people who didn't think WR was a need aren't lining up under center and wearing #7.

Psycho Ward 86
04-29-2017, 12:33 PM

i was just thinking about how much Mojouw probably likes this pick since you're not too high on Eli Rogers. Ive read comparisons of his playing style to Anquan Boldin/Mike Williams lite.

Cant say i was a big fan of the pick initially, but with our track record drafting receivers and admittedly, we could stand to upgrade at slot receiver, i like it now

Mojouw
04-29-2017, 12:38 PM
i was just thinking about how much Mojouw probably likes this pick since you're not too high on Eli Rogers. Ive read comparisons of his playing style to Anquan Boldin/Mike Williams lite.

Cant say i was a big fan of the pick initially, but with our track record drafting receivers and admittedly, we could stand to upgrade at slot receiver, i like it now

I do like the pick, but then again I don't. I think that after the run of DBs this was Colbert's BPA pick. I really did want the Steelers to add a big body WR with something better than questionable hands to contrast with Bryant, Coates, DHB, Hunter, etc. So, here we are.

That being said, I am rooting for Rogers - as he could be a great contrast to the other WRs on the roster. I just don't have a lot of confidence in him - not sure why. I can remember him making at least 3 jaw dropping catches last season. I think I am just too influenced by NO ONE stepping up in that AFCCG. Specifically Hamilton or Rogers and that may not be fair, but it is what it is.

Psycho Ward 86
04-29-2017, 12:51 PM
I do like the pick, but then again I don't. I think that after the run of DBs this was Colbert's BPA pick. I really did want the Steelers to add a big body WR with something better than questionable hands to contrast with Bryant, Coates, DHB, Hunter, etc. So, here we are.

That being said, I am rooting for Rogers - as he could be a great contrast to the other WRs on the roster. I just don't have a lot of confidence in him - not sure why. I can remember him making at least 3 jaw dropping catches last season. I think I am just too influenced by NO ONE stepping up in that AFCCG. Specifically Hamilton or Rogers and that may not be fair, but it is what it is.

Yeah Rogers sucked in the AFCCG. That was pretty much everyone though. Im really surprised they picked Juju over Godwin. Godwin didnt even go until like late in the 3rd round

Shoes
04-29-2017, 10:10 PM

He has great hands.

He wins the 50/50 balls.

Just what the doctor ordered, a WR who fights for the ball!

AtlantaDan
04-29-2017, 11:06 PM
Ed B. of the P-G nails why JuJu

Wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster, drafted in the second round, fills a hole created by the annual suspension of Martavis Bryant and the near total lack of confidence the coaches have in Sammie Coates.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/04/30/Pittsburgh-Steelers-2017-draft-recap/stories/201704300285?pgpageversion=pgevoke

st33lersguy
04-30-2017, 12:15 AM

Ok, those are some pretty impressive highlights. Bailed out Kessler a bunch, and I remember that rose bowl that awesome rose bowl catch. A lot to like about the player himself

RunNGun
04-30-2017, 07:24 AM
Does anyone else see Jerrico Cotchery in JuJu? I think they're clones. He's exactly what Ben needs.

86WARD
04-30-2017, 07:32 AM
I hope he's better than Cotchery...

tube517
04-30-2017, 07:50 AM
At first, I didn't know what to think of Juju. I thought we picked a WR too early.

But after watching his tape, I think he'll give Eli Rogers a battle this year.

Steelheart
04-30-2017, 07:55 AM
No matter what I how or how I try to spin it I still think we took receiver a round or 2 too early. It just isn't a big need. That being said, I think I will really like JuJu.

teegre
04-30-2017, 08:42 AM
No matter what I how or how I try to spin it I still think we took receiver a round or 2 too early. It just isn't a big need. That being said, I think I will really like JuJu.

Think about it this way...

How much money would you bet that Bryant makes it through the next two seasons without being suspended?

The less you'd bet, the more sense the JuJu pick makes.

GBMelBlount
04-30-2017, 08:50 AM

How much money would you bet that Bryant makes it through the next two seasons without being suspended?

And looking at the flip side....if Bryant stays healthy and clean, with JuJu as a possible beast 3rd receiver, we could potentially have a:

Top 3 QB
Top 3 Receiving corps
Top 3 Running back tandem
Top 3 Offensive line

and with a young and improving defense and possibly two or more solid additions on defense in this draft...

we could be significantly improved on both sides of the ball over the team that just made it to the AFCCG.

Steelheart
04-30-2017, 08:52 AM

A couple of things:

1. I might be in the minority but I am actually buying in a little this time. The first time around I'm not sure that I was.

And while I understand your question, there is almost no player I would bet on for almost anything. The odds always favor the house lol.

2. Even if Bryant does fail out again, I still like the potential of what is already on the roster. That is without even talking about whatever growth Canaan Severin might have had. And of course, it seems like JuJu is more likely to be a slot guy than outside guy so I don't think viewing him as Bryant protection really works. Coates and now Hunter were protection against Bryant.

If Coates gets his confidence back he is a good receiver, we have seen it in flashes. Hunter we can hope for the DHB career turn around now that he actually has a team worth playing for.

polamalubeast
04-30-2017, 08:55 AM
And looking at the flip side....if Bryant stays healthy and clean, with JuJu as a possible beast 3rd receiver, we could potentially have a:

Top 3 QB
Top 3 Receiving Corps
Top 3 Offensive line

with a average OC at best....

teegre
04-30-2017, 08:59 AM

Top 3 QB
Top 3 Receiving Corps
Top 3 Offensive line

and with a young and improving defense and possibly two or more solid additions on defense in this draft...

we could be significantly improved on both sides of the ball over the team that just made it to the AFCCG.

Indeed.

Or, a simpler way of thinking about it, the Vikings took Randy Moss when they already had Jake Reed and Chris Carter... and nobody could stop them.

teegre
04-30-2017, 09:18 AM
A couple of things:

1. I might be in the minority but I am actually buying in a little this time. The first time around I'm not sure that I was.

And while I understand your question, there is almost no player I would bet on for almost anything. The odds always favor the house lol.

2. Even if Bryant does fail out again, I still like the potential of what is already on the roster. That is without even talking about whatever growth Canaan Severin might have had. And of course, it seems like JuJu is more likely to be a slot guy than outside guy so I don't think viewing him as Bryant protection really works. Coates and now Hunter were protection against Bryant.

If Coates gets his confidence back he is a good receiver, we have seen it in flashes. Hunter we can hope for the DHB career turn around now that he actually has a team worth playing for.

There is a ton of 3's, 4's, and 5's on this roster... but, a lack of a #2.

1: AB, Bryant
2: JuJu
3: lots & lots

GBMelBlount
04-30-2017, 09:21 AM

It is sad that this even has to be said, but this could give the receiving corps the kick in the ass it needs.

Steelheart
04-30-2017, 09:31 AM

Don't mean to play semantics but wouldn't Bryant be the 2 and the slot guy the 3? In which case Eli Rogers was a pretty good slot guy.

GBMelBlount
04-30-2017, 09:40 AM
I would love to see 4 receivers more often to spread out the defenses as I think this creates the most opportunities in this offense.

AB, Bryant, Juju & Rogers (et al).

NOTHING irritated me more than seeing us lining up with no receivers wide on 3rd and short like we were going to shove it down their throats mano a mano...only to see the defense load the box and stuff us.

polamalubeast
04-30-2017, 09:42 AM
I would love to see 4 receivers more often to spread out the defenses as I think this creates the most opportunities in this offense.

AB, Bryant, Juju & Rogers (et al).

NOTHING irritated me more than seeing us lining up with no receivers wide on 3rd and short like we were going to shove it down their throats mano a mano...only to see the defense load the box and stuff us.

so the CrashFormation!!!!

But I agree with you!

43Hitman
04-30-2017, 06:25 PM

Top 3 QB
Top 3 Receiving corps
Top 3 Offensive line

we could be significantly improved on both sides of the ball over the team that just made it to the AFCCG.Agree completely. I'm stoked for the season to get ramped up. I think I'm gonna go up to training camp this year. I've never been and I really want to experience it with Ben as our QB.

Psycho Ward 86
04-30-2017, 06:44 PM
Don't mean to play semantics but wouldn't Bryant be the 2 and the slot guy the 3? In which case Eli Rogers was a pretty good slot guy.

i agree that Rogers was a pretty good slot guy. i think this board is hilariously harsh on an undrafted rookie of all players. Rogers is only going to get better

Still, if we have an opportunity to upgrade our slot receiver to a devastating weapon, Im totally game. This team hasnt given us any reason not to trust them when its comes to receivers and Juju's game is jaw-droppingly polished and physical for a player of any age. But particularly polished for a 20 year old (just read that Juju was the youngest player in the entire draft)

Dwinsgames
04-30-2017, 06:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-rvvrGUQAA4WOw.jpg:large

Psycho Ward 86
05-01-2017, 04:10 PM
ive read that Juju played through a lot of injuries? anyone know the specifics? i keep liking this pick (specifically) more and more by the passing minute

BlackAndGold
05-01-2017, 10:12 PM

He's all in.

st33lersguy
05-01-2017, 10:21 PM
I'm starting to like the player himself already, I imagine I'll like him more and more when he plays

teegre
05-01-2017, 10:23 PM
ive read that Juju played through a lot of injuries? anyone know the specifics? i keep liking this pick (specifically) more and more by the passing minute

You name it, he had it.

Bruised shoulder, dislocated finger, shoulder stinger... someone needs to tell him to run out of bounds. The dude thrives on contact. :lol: It's admirable, but it shortens careers.

Note: If I recall, he had hand surgery (for the dislocation or for a broken bone). Don't fret though; it's not a lingering situation (like with Sammie Coates)... JuJu played afterwards, and played well.

Psycho Ward 86
05-01-2017, 10:52 PM
You name it, he had it.

Bruised shoulder, dislocated finger, shoulder stinger... someone needs to tell him to run out of bounds. The dude thrives on contact. :lol: It's admirable, but it shortens careers.

Note: If I recall, he had hand surgery (for the dislocation or for a broken bone). Don't fret though; it's not a lingering situation (like with Sammie Coates)... JuJu played afterwards, and played well.

Geez. This guy really does sound like Anquan Boldin. Im loving it.

pepsyman1
05-02-2017, 12:45 AM
When it all shakes out, I would not be in the least bit surprised if when push comes to shove we end up with AB & Juju 1&2 and Eli Rogers as the slot receiver. He's got good hands, is physical, can block and is fast enough to stretch the field. Lots of good stuff to see in his highlight video.

05-02-2017, 01:20 AM
When it all shakes out, I would not be in the least bit surprised if when push comes to shove we end up with AB & Juju 1&2 and Eli Rogers as the slot receiver. He's got good hands, is physical, can block and is fast enough to stretch the field. Lots of good stuff to see in his highlight video. All three you mentioned seems to have heart so wouldn't surprise me.

43Hitman
05-02-2017, 04:52 AM
You name it, he had it.

Note: If I recall, he had hand surgery (for the dislocation or for a broken bone). Don't fret though; it's not a lingering situation (like with Sammie Coates)... JuJu played afterwards, and played well.Yeah, he played about a week later had 8 catches for a buck something...Impressive kid, oh yeah and he's only 20. We're gonna have this kid for a while if everything works out.

teegre
05-02-2017, 06:33 AM
he's only 20.

Even better: he doesn't turn 20 until November.

Suddenly, I feel very old.

DesertSteel
05-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Even better: he doesn't turn 20 until November.

Suddenly, I feel very old.
I think 21 in November (but I didn't double-check).

Psycho Ward 86
05-04-2017, 12:12 AM
https://theringer.com/juju-smith-schuster-2017-nfl-draft-usc-wide-receiver-curse-e8d0256f7c1

“I get a lot of media heat about USC wide receivers not producing in the NFL,” he says. “I tell them, ‘Look, everyone’s different. I’m my own person. And I’m here to prove everybody wrong.’”

His broken hand could sideline him for the remainder of the fall. But Smith-Schuster, who hadn’t missed a game through almost two seasons at USC, had an alternate option. Team doctors told him he could have surgery, which would require inserting a plate and screw to stabilize his hand, and try to be ready for Saturday’s game against Arizona. The choice was easy.
“JuJu didn’t even want to come out of the game [he broke his hand in],” Martin remembers. “And the day the X-rays came in, he called me and said, ‘Coach, I’m not going to miss a game.’ I was like, ‘Yeah, OK, whatever.’ I didn’t believe him.”
Surgery came Monday and with it the sleepless nights, the pain, and the crying. If Smith-Schuster was going to play, his hand didn’t just need to be functional, it needed to be strong. And so he followed protocol, grasping at rice, molding Play-Doh, and squeezing rubber balls to try to regain his force. The pain was irritating, but if he wanted to have a chance at catching a football on Saturday, he had no other alternative. The physical toll was one thing. The mental struggle was another. During practice that week, Smith-Schuster had little choice but to stand on the sideline and watch. But he couldn’t sit still, instead running fake routes and mimicking his fellow receivers who were out on the field. Even trying to evade imaginary corners and perfect meaningless slants was better than doing nothing. That Saturday, USC hosted Arizona. His mother had urged him to sit out, but Smith-Schuster was fitted in a custom cast and played through the pain. “It was probably the toughest time I had here at USC,” he says. He made eight catches for 138 yards with a touchdown in a 38–30 victory. After the game, coaches and players wondered how Smith-Schuster had played in a cast, let alone how he hauled in a 72-yard touchdown that was the eventual difference in the comeback win. Head coach Clay Helton had called the possibility of him playing “absurd,” and following the performance, he dubbed him “Superman.”
“JuJu only has one speed. If you want him off the field, you’re going to have to take away his helmet,” Martin says. “Otherwise, he’s going out there on the field. Whether it’s special teams, offense, whatever it is, he’s going to do whatever it takes to help his team and ultimately go out there and compete.”

It wasn’t that he avoided injuries — he simply overcame them. Not just the broken hand, but also a thumb injury and back spasms, along with countless bumps and bruises.

How can you not love this kid

BlackAndGold
05-04-2017, 12:29 AM
JuJu is going to be a fan favorite quickly. I've never had this feeling for Bryant, or Coates, but with JuJu, I can say he's going to be a long time Steeler.

His love for the Pens is great.

43Hitman
05-04-2017, 03:35 AM
I'm excited to see this kid play. If he turns out to be another workout machine like AB, we WILL have the best wr corps in the league, hands down.

pczach
05-04-2017, 06:11 AM
I'm excited to see this kid play. If he turns out to be another workout machine like AB, we WILL have the best wr corps in the league, hands down.

Certain things just can't be denied. When you watch his tape, this kid plays the game hard!

His effort is something that is so obvious to everyone that you can't help but love him is he's on your team.

I'm very excited to see him on the field.

Mojouw
05-04-2017, 10:32 AM
There is only one question about this kid. Does the lack of ability to separate from DB's pose a problem or not in the NFL? Now in college he was able to get away with that by simply being a "contested catch" WR. Plenty of guys do that in the NFL as well (Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins if his foot is ever healthy, Boldin, Alshon Jeffery, etc) but plenty of guys have flamed out when they get to the NFL and the DBs get bigger and faster than the dirtballs they roasted on Saturdays.

I'm not banging on Jujubee at all. I am only pointing out that it is a question that can only be answered once the lights come on on Sundays. Can't wait to see. I've been arguing that the Steelers needed this type of WR for a couple of years now. Totally excited.

DesertSteel
05-04-2017, 10:37 AM
There is only one question about this kid. Does the lack of ability to separate from DB's pose a problem or not in the NFL? Now in college he was able to get away with that by simply being a "contested catch" WR. Plenty of guys do that in the NFL as well (Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins if his foot is ever healthy, Boldin, Alshon Jeffery, etc) but plenty of guys have flamed out when they get to the NFL and the DBs get bigger and faster than the dirtballs they roasted on Saturdays.

I'm not banging on Jujubee at all. I am only pointing out that it is a question that can only be answered once the lights come on on Sundays. Can't wait to see. I've been arguing that the Steelers needed this type of WR for a couple of years now. Totally excited.
I think that the lack of separation is more legend than fact and won't show up in the NFL. Ever read the pre-draft scouting report on Antonio Brown?

Psycho Ward 86
05-04-2017, 10:44 AM

I would love to see a thread from our film junkies on Juju vs. Robert Woods vs. Marqise Lee vs. Nelson Agholor on how they are all different receivers and why we have reason to believe Juju Smith will be better than all of them

Mojouw
05-04-2017, 10:46 AM
I think that the lack of separation is more legend than fact and won't show up in the NFL. Ever read the pre-draft scouting report on Antonio Brown?

I have. And AB worked harder than any player in the league just about to refine and elevate his game. Can Jujubee do the same? That's really all it boils down to.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-juju-smith-schuster-wr-usc/ -- needs to refine and round out his game and what college WR doesn't?

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/juju-smith-schuster -- simply does not test as that athletic? His comps are all guys that needed to rip the ball away from DBs rather than run away from them. That doesn't have to be a bad thing. Terrell Owens is going to get an ugly mustard colored blazer one day based on doing that. So will Hines Ward. But those guys worked hard at being the best WR they could be. Juju is in the right place to make improvements to his game. But he simply isn't going to run past people the way Coates and Bryant can. Now those people are bigger and stronger, so can he still go get the ball?

DesertSteel
05-04-2017, 10:59 AM
I have. And AB worked harder than any player in the league just about to refine and elevate his game. Can Jujubee do the same? That's really all it boils down to.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-juju-smith-schuster-wr-usc/ -- needs to refine and round out his game and what college WR doesn't?

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/juju-smith-schuster -- simply does not test as that athletic? His comps are all guys that needed to rip the ball away from DBs rather than run away from them. That doesn't have to be a bad thing. Terrell Owens is going to get an ugly mustard colored blazer one day based on doing that. So will Hines Ward. But those guys worked hard at being the best WR they could be. Juju is in the right place to make improvements to his game. But he simply isn't going to run past people the way Coates and Bryant can. Now those people are bigger and stronger, so can he still go get the ball?
The good thing is that everything I've read about him says that he is that kind of high character/ high motor guy.

pczach
05-04-2017, 08:21 PM
I would love to see a thread from our film junkies on Juju vs. Robert Woods vs. Marqise Lee vs. Nelson Agholor on how they are all different receivers and why we have reason to believe Juju Smith will be better than all of them

Here's a link to a story talking about how JuJu may translate to the NFL.

I don't have time to break down every receiver right now, but what I will say is that JuJu's game is nothing like the USC receivers that came before him. You had guys like Mike Williams that were big, but had no explosion, wasn't good after the catch, and just didn't play with the power and determination that JuJu does.

Robert Woods, Marquise Lee, and Nelson Agholor are physically smaller WRs that have similar speed to JuJu, but have shown that they don't have the necessary combination of strength, toughness, release at the LOS, hands, instincts, route running, YAC, ability to adjust to the ball, use the body to shield the catch and create space, and the overall "it" that it takes to be an impact player at the next level.

This article seems like it was written a while ago, but the information is still appropriate as is the film on his technique and skills.

https://www.todayspigskin.com/nfl-draft/juju-smith-schuster-hopeful-reliability-translates-nfl/

Psycho Ward 86
05-05-2017, 01:41 AM
Here's a link to a story talking about how JuJu may translate to the NFL.

I don't have time to break down every receiver right now, but what I will say is that JuJu's game is nothing like the USC receivers that came before him. You had guys like Mike Williams that were big, but had no explosion, wasn't good after the catch, and just didn't play with the power and determination that JuJu does.

Robert Woods, Marquise Lee, and Nelson Agholor are physically smaller WRs that have similar speed to JuJu, but have shown that they don't have the necessary combination of strength, toughness, release at the LOS, hands, instincts, route running, YAC, ability to adjust to the ball, use the body to shield the catch and create space, and the overall "it" that it takes to be an impact player at the next level.

This article seems like it was written a while ago, but the information is still appropriate as is the film on his technique and skills.

https://www.todayspigskin.com/nfl-draft/juju-smith-schuster-hopeful-reliability-translates-nfl/

that was a good read. thank you for that. if you ever have time, please do a breakdown of the other receivers to compare with Juju. im sure this forum would love that

pczach
05-05-2017, 05:58 AM
that was a good read. thank you for that. if you ever have time, please do a breakdown of the other receivers to compare with Juju. im sure this forum would love that

Sorry, I was supposed to post this last night but I forgot. Here's a related story about JuJu and playing through injuries.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/95298/juju-smith-schuster-has-grown-up-quickly-at-usc

Bluecoat96
05-05-2017, 06:32 AM
I hate to get too excited over someone who has yet to play or even practice in the NFL, but man....it's hard not to like this kid. Sounds like a heck of a hard worker.

fansince'76
05-05-2017, 08:24 AM
I hate to get too excited over someone who has yet to play or even practice in the NFL, but man....it's hard not to like this kid. Sounds like a heck of a hard worker.

If Swann vouches for him, that's good enough for me.

SteelerFanInStl
05-05-2017, 05:11 PM
I didn't know anything about JuJu until after the draft. The more that I read about him, the more that I like him. He's our new Hines Ward and I can't wait to see him play.

43Hitman
05-05-2017, 05:12 PM
I didn't know anything about JuJu until after the draft. The more that I read about him, the more that I like him. He's our new Hines Ward and I can't wait to see him play.I hear ya. I've had to dial myself back from buying a jersey already. :lol:

86WARD
05-05-2017, 06:59 PM
JuJu seems to get "it". He's embracing the city of Pittsburgh, he's all about the "Stairway to Seven" and worst of all, he's embracing the Penguins. So far the guy is doing everything right...well almost...;)

teegre
05-06-2017, 09:25 AM

That has been the "joke" out here in SoCal for a decade: USC produces defensive studs for the NFL, and offensive stars for high school coaching. :lol:

Really though, their WRs have a history of being total busts.

Since we have about bout two months of nothing football-wise, I'll write up a breakdown for you (at some point in the future). Really. That's a good idea (for some off-season analysis).

Psycho Ward 86
05-06-2017, 09:36 AM
That has been the "joke" out here in SoCal for a decade: USC produces defensive studs for the NFL, and offensive stars for high school coaching. :lol:

Really though, their WRs have a history of being total busts.

Since we have about bout two months of nothing football-wise, I'll write up a breakdown for you (at some point in the future). Really. That's a good idea (for some off-season analysis).

maybe throw in Mike Williams in there for good measure (not the one that used to play for the Bucs. No, not the ones the Chargers drafted either. Funny how many recent receivers there are by the same name)

BlackAndGold
05-06-2017, 12:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv2wjd9tH40

GBMelBlount
05-06-2017, 06:23 PM
JuJu may be just what is needed to inspire and fire up this offense...including Ben.

Born2Steel
05-06-2017, 07:01 PM
I sincerely hope the Ward comparisons are accurate. This offense NEEDS a Hines Ward.

86WARD
05-07-2017, 09:35 AM
I sincerely hope the Ward comparisons are accurate. This offense NEEDS a Hines Ward.

Where have you seen the Hines Ward comparison? I like the sounds of that...

Born2Steel
05-07-2017, 09:47 AM

On here only.

Dwinsgames
05-07-2017, 09:49 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XygpR0Jp5Cc

I consider it Ward like and said that early in the thread perhaps that is where he heard it , maybe elsewhere IDK but those couple clips gives you an example of why I think that he brings some of those qualities as a blocker .

as a Pass catcher he is different but still exudes toughness I keep hearing Boldin as a pass catcher but he is more explosive than Boldin ...

has very good hands though and makes the tough grabs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kyEA3FbTL8

Mojouw
05-07-2017, 10:47 AM
https://youtu.be/VMd8XRal3Hg

Shoes
05-07-2017, 11:13 AM
https://youtu.be/VMd8XRal3Hg

Good stuff, thanks for the link. Coates now has a ball machine in every room of his house. :lol:

AtlantaDan
05-14-2017, 08:12 AM
Good article on JuJu Smith-Schuster's initial practices with Steelers (+ Ed B. throwing some shade at other WRs past & present)

Rookie can’t wait to meet ‘The Man’

In a couple of weeks when the veterans begin spring practices, JuJu Smith-Schuster, their second-round pick, finally will get to say hello to Antonio Brown, their sixth-rounder seven years ago. “I have soooo many questions for him,’’ ...

His No. 1 question of Brown would be “What gives you the drive to be the best of the best? Honestly, I think he is the best. I am in position to learn from the best receiver in the league.”

How fast he learns and competes to win one of the top jobs in the eclectic group of Steelers wide receivers could go a long way toward improving an offense that was disappointing last season only because of injuries to those receivers.

Ben Roethlisberger was left throwing to Brown, first-year player Eli Rogers and ol’ whatstheirnames. It did not look good in the AFC championship, especially after Le’Veon Bell bowed out early to a groin injury....

You could watch [Smith] every practice at UPMC Rooney Sports Complex and not see him drop a ball, not see him cradle one into his chest. His hands caught everything away from the body. This is no Limas Sweed, their most recent and notorious second-round pick at the position in 2008, the highest investment in a wide receiver in the draft until now.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/05/14/Steelers-rookie-receiver-JuJu-Smith-Schuster-Antonio-Brown/stories/201705140078

Like the attitude that he wants to learn from Brown. Just a wild guess that was not Bryant's approach when he came into camp his rookie year in 2014.

Texasteel
05-14-2017, 09:06 AM
Been watching a little more of JuJu lately. Was impressed with his ability and willingness to work the middle of the field. Showed not to be afraid take the hit, so many seems to hear foot steps and loose track of the ball. Will fight a defender for the ball, a few times looked like he turned an INT into a first down catch. Good Hands. I heard someone say he had small hand, but I sure can't see it on the field. Remember guys, we don't always need a 35 yard completion, sometime we need a 5 yard first down completion.

I have to admit JuJu was not on my pre-draft radar, but I can't say I am unhappy with the pick. Will be interesting to watch him improve, and show what he can do for us.

Dwinsgames
05-14-2017, 06:32 PM
Been watching a little more of JuJu lately. Was impressed with his ability and willingness to work the middle of the field. Showed not to be afraid take the hit, so many seems to hear foot steps and loose track of the ball. Will fight a defender for the ball, a few times looked like he turned an INT into a first down catch. Good Hands. I heard someone say he had small hand, but I sure can't see it on the field. Remember guys, we don't always need a 35 yard completion, sometime we need a 5 yard first down completion.

I have to admit JuJu was not on my pre-draft radar, but I can't say I am unhappy with the pick. Will be interesting to watch him improve, and show what he can do for us.

the no fear attitude comes from being a former Rugby player

FrancoLambert
05-15-2017, 05:31 AM

I'll add, "especially when it's 3rd and 3."

I sure as hell hope that Haley and Ben read your post.

tube517
05-17-2017, 10:38 AM
p/BUKv7mSgOGE

AB working w/Juju

Shoes
05-17-2017, 02:12 PM
p/BUKv7mSgOGE

AB working w/Juju

Dang, JuJu has some river barges for feet!

GBMelBlount
05-17-2017, 02:49 PM
Dang, JuJu has some river barges for feet!

You sure have a keen eye for feet...shoes. :wink02:

86WARD
05-17-2017, 05:37 PM
p/BUKv7mSgOGE

AB working w/Juju

Lies!!! AB never reached out to JuJu. They hate each other already!!!

Shoes
05-17-2017, 09:02 PM
You sure have a keen eye for feet...shoes. :wink02:

:lol:

polamalubeast
05-30-2017, 11:43 AM

Dwinsgames
05-30-2017, 02:00 PM

not surprised at all

tube517
05-30-2017, 02:13 PM
Me too. In this offense, that's where I'd see him making an impact right away.

Dwinsgames
09-17-2017, 08:33 PM

https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/909557408988631040

(https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/909557408988631040)

st33lersguy
09-17-2017, 08:53 PM
First career TD, no holding penalties, and a wicked block, improvement from last week which is what you want from a rookie

tube517
09-17-2017, 09:01 PM
https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/909557408988631040

(https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/909557408988631040)

http://prod.static.steelers.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/2017_Photos/2017_Centerpiece_Misc/08_August/Schuster-Smith_JuJu_Ward_Hines_TC_08022017.jpg

86WARD
09-17-2017, 09:10 PM
JuJu had some nice plays today.

Shoes
09-17-2017, 09:16 PM
http://prod.static.steelers.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/2017_Photos/2017_Centerpiece_Misc/08_August/Schuster-Smith_JuJu_Ward_Hines_TC_08022017.jpg

Ward is starting to look like Richard Mann. :chuckle:

Lady Steel
09-17-2017, 09:27 PM

Do his moobs look big in that shirt?

:chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-18-2017, 12:42 AM
Wasn't somebody complaining last week that JuJu hadn't shown much yet?

He's the youngest guy in the NFL and he just scored a TD and jacked up a pro bowl safety with the nickname "Hitman" Harrison. Is it too early for me to preach patience to such steeler fans, or are we getting close to STFU territory?

Count Steeler
09-18-2017, 05:39 AM
Wasn't somebody complaining last week that JuJu hadn't shown much yet?

He's the youngest guy in the NFL and he just scored a TD and jacked up a pro bowl safety with the nickname "Hitman" Harrison. Is it too early for me to preach patience to such steeler fans, or are we getting close to STFU territory?

Steeler Nation is what it is. Anything less than 4 TDs per game is unacceptable. If the D doesn't pitch a shutout every week, they fail. If a draft pick needs time to get up to speed, he is a bust. Jarvis Jones was a bust on draft day. Ju-Ju a bust after 1 week. It is what it is.

SteelerFanInStl
09-18-2017, 08:05 AM
Steeler Nation is what it is. Anything less than 4 TDs per game is unacceptable. If the D doesn't pitch a shutout every week, they fail. If a draft pick needs time to get up to speed, he is a bust. Jarvis Jones was a bust on draft day. Ju-Ju a bust after 1 week. It is what it is.

Yep. That pretty much summarizes what the Game Day thread is all about. Bell sucks, Ben sucks, etc.

tube517
09-18-2017, 09:08 AM
Yep. That pretty much summarizes what the Game Day thread is all about. Bell sucks, Ben sucks, etc.

Yep. That's pretty much every forum. I'm in an "old fashioned style" Yahoo forum and those guys need bypass surgery over a 2-0 start.

- - - Updated - - -

tube517
09-20-2017, 01:50 PM
http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/20/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-ot-alejandro-villanueva-has-been-teaching-wr-juju-smith-schuster-how-to-drive/

You know what, it’s going well. There was only one incident where he hit the gas and the brake at the same time, and that was a bit of a scare

I wonder if Juju drove w/AV to the Call of Duty event....

BlackAndGold
09-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Still amazes me that JuJu is still just 20 years old.

Won't turn 21 until late November.