PDA

View Full Version : 2 years in a row

RunNGun
04-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Does anyone else find it weird that for 2 years in a row a team from the AFC north has traded one spot ahead of us and snagged a TE? It makes me wonder if Steelers would have gone with Njoku if not for the Browns, and Williams if not for the Ravens last year. Just seems fishy to me is all.

teegre
04-28-2017, 11:16 AM
Does anyone else find it weird that for 2 years in a row a team from the AFC north has traded one spot ahead of us and snagged a TE? It makes me wonder if Steelers would have gone with Njoku if not for the Browns, and Williams if not for the Ravens last year. Just seems fishy to me is all.

I think Njoku was a legitimate possibility at 30, because there are a lot of OLBs available for R2 (Willis, Lawson, Rivers, Bowser...). But, I think Watt was their guy.

There was talk about Maxx Williams being stolen away, and it definitely seemed that way. But, if I remember correctly, that was pretty much discredited (they wanted a DB). The Steelers tried to acquire Landon Collins, to no avail; then, were focused on Jalen Collins, and were bummed when he was drafted... and thus, they settled on Senquez Guninbag.

Steelheart
04-28-2017, 11:20 AM
All I know is if Njoku was a possibility I am glad some team jumped ahead to save us from that pick. They deserve a round of applause I say.

BlackAndGold
04-28-2017, 11:47 AM
The guy Cleveland stole was Peppers. He was there guy.

teegre
04-28-2017, 11:48 AM
The guy Cleveland stole was Peppers. He was there guy.

If they had stolen Peppers at 29, it would have hurt a lot more.

Peppers going at 24 afforded me 30 minutes to let it sink in.

86WARD
04-28-2017, 12:08 PM
I still don't think the Steelers were in the market for a TE that early and I just don't feel like Peppers was their choice over Watt. Watt pretty much fills an immediate need. Peppers may or may not fill a need...Jackson said today that the Browns will be using him on both sides of the ball. I think that Adoree Jackson was above both of them...but we will never know.

st33lersguy
04-28-2017, 12:10 PM
Cleveland did us a favor if that was true,

SteelerFanInStl
04-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Cleveland did us a favor if that was true,

yep

Edman
04-28-2017, 05:27 PM
Actually its been going on for three years now. Remember the Ravens and Maxx Williams and that fiasco? Yeah, Ozzie sure outmaneuvered and outsmarted the Steelers on that one, or so the fans would like to believe.

The unwanted AFC North children deliberately doing it in an attempt to fuck over the Steelers, but it hasn't worked.

When you deliberately draft to fuck over another team and not to make your team better, well you're only playing yourself.

Maxx Williams is hardly the great TE the Ravens hope to have stolen, and WJIII has yet to play a game.

Texasteel
04-28-2017, 06:05 PM

No doubt in my mind, that is why the browns made that trade. I think the Steelers would have considered it, but would have still gone with Watt. There are still TEs on the board that I think are not that far behind Njoku.

43Hitman
04-28-2017, 06:14 PM
I'd rather have Kittle anyways.

st33lersguy
04-28-2017, 11:10 PM
I think it's pretty well documented that the Steelers wanted DB in round 2 of the 2015. Besides, DB was a bigger need than TE at that point and what has Maxx Williams done exactly?