PDA

View Full Version : lets be honest

Dwinsgames
04-27-2017, 03:25 PM
who is more nervous than excited ?

I am .................

polamalubeast
04-27-2017, 03:26 PM
same for me....I fear than the steelers select an QB in the first round even if he is bad!

Dwinsgames
04-27-2017, 03:33 PM
same for me....I fear than the steelers select an QB in the first round even if he is bad!

I could rationalize QB if it is Mahomes , as for the rest I do not have much faith in them .... would figure if it is QB they know more about the Ben situation than we do .... and to be honest regardless of the " strength of the QB class " no ben sooner rather than later is a scary ordeal ...

pczach
04-27-2017, 03:36 PM
who is more nervous than excited ?

I am .................

I can't ever remember being this unsure about the direction they may go, or the players that may be on the board when they are on the clock with the #30 pick.

I'm nervous and excited.

I'm also terrified I'm going to watch this entire first round waiting for them to make a pick......and they're going to trade out of the first round and I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what they do. I'll have these same feelings all over again........and I'll be exhausted at work tomorrow because I won't be able to sleep. :faint:

Devil's D
04-27-2017, 03:37 PM
I will be disappointed if it is not a LB, CB, or S. However, I’m still more excited than nervous. Looking at the last 20 years, by my count, the Steelers get an impact player 80% of the time in the first round. The stink of JJ is still lingering, and I’m confident that whomever the Steelers get in the 1st will make an impact. Hopefully, they like someone enough to move up a couple of spots…..then we are looking at a future pro bowler!

DesertSteel
04-27-2017, 03:38 PM
I'd be nervous it we were top 10, but at 30 the risk is minimized and the expectations are lower.

Born2Steel
04-27-2017, 04:18 PM
I can't be honest.

Mojouw
04-27-2017, 04:25 PM
No worries here. I figure almost everything you read about these prospects is mostly made up opinion and there really isn't anyway to know for sure. Look at what almost everyone said about Burns last year. Now maybe he doesn't ever develop and 3 years from now the pick looks like trash - but I kinda doubt it. Sweed is a pick that went the other way.

I have strong opinions and sure I will be as loud as the next person over the course of the next week or so, but I figure it all comes out okay in the end.

Texasteel
04-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Not nervous at all. I know they are going to draft a CB, or S, or TE, or WR, or, Edge Rusher, or ILB, or QB. You heard it here first.

tube517
04-27-2017, 04:30 PM
Not nervous at all. I know they are going to draft a CB, or S, or TE, or WR, or, Edge Rusher, or ILB, or QB. You heard it here first.

:chuckle:

Dwinsgames
04-27-2017, 04:30 PM
I can't be honest.

lmao

fansince'76
04-27-2017, 04:31 PM
Whoever we pick will be the wrong pick according to all the armchair GMs.

Dwinsgames
04-27-2017, 04:33 PM

and you sir are 99% right a few will love the pick , a few will like the pick but most will believe they did not get their moneys worth no matter who the selection is ( myself most likely included )

pczach
04-27-2017, 04:33 PM

How do you already know what I'm going to do later? :tongue1:

tube517
04-27-2017, 04:40 PM

I'm an armchair coach so I'll post accordingly :chuckle:

DesertSteel
04-27-2017, 04:47 PM
TBH, liking or disliking the pick will come down to who was AVAILABLE at 30. Most guys we want will be gone.

steelreserve
04-27-2017, 04:53 PM
Usually this far down in the round, our picks are dictated largely by what happens in front of us. I'm pretty certain what happens is that because there are so many pass rushers, omg, a guy who the draft experts had as one of their top five OLB prospects is still there and the decision makes itself. Then we start questioning what's wrong with him using Jarvis Jones as the standard.

Dwinsgames
04-27-2017, 04:57 PM
my logic has always been do not leave more talent on the board than what you take off ( preferably at a position of need )

how you rank the proposed talent is where it become subjective ...

Steelheart
04-27-2017, 05:32 PM
Only thing that makes me nervous is the idea that they may go offense early. I don't necessarily see it or want it to happen, but SO many mocks have had offensive players in the first or 2nd. I don't like that one bit.

Shoes
04-27-2017, 05:55 PM
I'm happy it's nearly time. May he be a HOF player who ever he may be.

pczach
04-27-2017, 06:14 PM
I'm happy it's nearly time. May they be 7 or 8 HOF players who ever they may be..

Fixed that for you.