PDA

View Full Version : BOLD predictions!!!

teegre
04-27-2017, 06:33 AM
What bold prediction do you have about tonight's draft?

I'll start it off...

Tennessee will not stay at 5. Their GM is all about acquiring extra picks. The Browns want Trubisky, but the bolder prediction is that the NYGiants trade a R1 next year in order to get OJ Howard (right in front of the NYJets).

Born2Steel
04-27-2017, 07:46 AM
My bold prediction.....

The Steelers will trade back out of the 1st for the 1st time since ??? and pick up 2 extra picks instead.

teegre
04-27-2017, 08:26 AM
My bold prediction.....

The Steelers will trade back out of the 1st for the 1st time since ??? and pick up 2 extra picks instead.

I could see that. A team wanting a QB, trades in front of the Saints.

(Then... the Steelers get Peppers early in R2. :nod: )

Born2Steel
04-27-2017, 08:29 AM
I could see that. A team wanting a QB, trades in front of the Saints.

(Then... the Steelers get Peppers early in R2. :nod: )

Maybe not the boldest of predictions but it's still early, and the Steelers never trade out of the 1st, so best I could come up with during the day's 1st cup.

BlackAndGold
04-27-2017, 08:38 AM
The Steelers take a QB. (I hate myself for writing that)

Browns pass on Garrett, take Trubisky #1 overall.

3 QB's go in the the top 10. (most of the time that's not really bold but with this class I'll say it is)

Bengals trade up ahead of Carolina to draft Fournette.

Psycho Ward 86
04-27-2017, 08:45 AM
the giants, saints, steelers, chiefs, cardinals, and chargers ALL pass on the chance to replace the old guard by not drafting Trubisky, Kizer, Watson, Mahomes, and Webb

Psycho Ward 86
04-27-2017, 08:55 AM
1) QB Deshone Kizer
2) OLB Tim Williams
3a) DE Demarcus Walker
3b) DT Davon Godchaux
4) OT Roderick Johnson
5) RB Corey Clement
6) FB Marquez Williams
7) K Conrad Ukropina

just to piss people before the draft :lol:

teegre
04-27-2017, 09:15 AM
Maybe not the boldest of predictions but it's still early, and the Steelers never trade out of the 1st, so best I could come up with during the day's 1st cup.

That is actually extremely BOLD.

Colbert might have tipped his hand, with his comments about the "fifth year option"...

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
04-27-2017, 09:26 AM
Steelers trade Bryant and there 1st to the Titans for there 1st and then select Mike Williams with the 5th overall pick.

04-27-2017, 09:35 AM
Now for my really bold prediction, The Commish doesn't get booed till day 2.

teegre
04-27-2017, 09:38 AM

There is bold... and then, there is IMPOSSIBLE!!!

tube517
04-27-2017, 09:45 AM

My bold prediction: There will be no military veterans to "deflect" the boos for Der Komissar.

Texasteel
04-27-2017, 10:11 AM
I think the Steelers will be working the phone lines hard to move up in the 2nd round. That may not be so bold, so, we take a player that has been sliding of late, Humphrey.

Dwinsgames
04-27-2017, 10:46 AM
I am all for trading back if we can get the right compensation , but when picking at 30 cant say even though I am good with it still would be a little pissed waiting all day for no selection to start waiting again tomorrow

polamalubeast
04-27-2017, 10:48 AM
The Browns are going to have a good draft.

Born2Steel
04-27-2017, 10:56 AM
I am all for trading back if we can get the right compensation , but when picking at 30 cant say even though I am good with it still would be a little pissed waiting all day for no selection to start waiting again tomorrow

That is the catch isn't it. Better chance at a better overall draft, but no day 1 pick. However, as of right now, the Patriots don't pick until round 3. At least we don't wait that long.

04-27-2017, 10:58 AM
There is bold... and then, there is IMPOSSIBLE!!! Yep specially since it's in Phili and no way it happens with those fans.

DesertSteel
04-27-2017, 11:21 AM
Steelers draft Watson at 30.

st33lersguy
04-27-2017, 11:25 AM
Bengals or Cowboys draft Gareon Conley in the 2nd round

The hometown Eagles fans don't loudly boo the 1st round pick

No one on this forum complains about the 1st round pick tonight

Browns trade up to no. 2 overall and get Trubisky

Cowboys draft Tim Williams in the first round

polamalubeast
04-27-2017, 11:29 AM
No one on this forum complains about the 1st round pick tonight

Impossible!

04-27-2017, 11:34 AM
Impossible! I think a lot had it right with WJ3 last year but the Bengals stole him from us. Thought the Burns pick was a panic one after that and may have been. So far happy it turn out that way now though.

teegre
04-27-2017, 12:10 PM

In psychology, they call that "delayed gratification."

(I hear you, though.)

Dwinsgames
04-27-2017, 12:20 PM
That is the catch isn't it. Better chance at a better overall draft, but no day 1 pick. However, as of right now, the Patriots don't pick until round 3. At least we don't wait that long.

excuse me if I have no empathy for the Pats though :drink: but yes its a catch 22 for us for sure ....

sadly I expect the Cheatriots to finagle themselves back into rd 1 or early rd 2

- - - Updated - - -

In psychology, they call that "delayed gratification."

(I hear you, though.)

it could be / would be gratifying if we moved back say 3-5 spots still got a quality Edge or CB and an additional 3 in our pocket ...

but what if they took a WR after trading back ( OUCH ) not sure they make a bandaid big enough for that one for me

Born2Steel
04-27-2017, 12:27 PM
excuse me if I have no empathy for the Pats though :drink: but yes its a catch 22 for us for sure ....

sadly I expect the Cheatriots to finagle themselves back into rd 1 or early rd 2

It wouldn't surprise me if they end up with 'the Titans' #5 pick'.(or something just as wrong) They just seem to find a way to keep ahead. But this year, they don't have much to trade with. Seems nobody wanted JimmyG, and Butler's not worth losing out on a 1st round pick. I don't know why the Browns would want more mid-late round picks, but that's probably who would make the trade. :smileystooges:

Dwinsgames
04-27-2017, 12:32 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they end up with 'the Titans' #5 pick'.(or something just as wrong) They just seem to find a way to keep ahead. But this year, they don't have much to trade with. Seems nobody wanted JimmyG, and Butler's not worth losing out on a 1st round pick. I don't know why the Browns would want more mid-late round picks, but that's probably who would make the trade. :smileystooges:

watch them send Kony Ealy and Butler to the Titans for the 5th pick .. ( Titans could use a pass rusher and a DB )

then trade back from 5 to 12 gaining a bunch of picks from the Browns

teegre
04-27-2017, 12:35 PM
watch them send Kony Ealy and Butler to the Titans for the 5th pick .. ( Titans could use a pass rusher and a DB )

then trade back from 5 to 12 gaining a bunch of picks from the Browns

:lol:

Wait... :tears:

Dwinsgames
04-27-2017, 12:40 PM
:lol:

Wait... :tears:

yea I know seems out there , but this is the bill of goods only they seemingly are able to sell ..... and it would be funny if not for that

teegre
04-27-2017, 12:43 PM
yea I know seems out there , but this is the bill of goods only they seemingly are able to sell ..... and it would be funny if not for that

Funny... because, the Browns.

Sad... because, cheating. :lol:

tube517
04-27-2017, 12:47 PM
Impossible!

Exactly. MIght as well start the complaint thread now

BurghBoy412
04-27-2017, 01:15 PM
Steelers don't draft an Edge rusher till round 3.

pczach
04-27-2017, 03:10 PM
Funny... because, the Browns.

Sad... because, cheating. :lol:

http://images.latintimes.com/sites/latintimes.com/files/styles/pulse_embed/public/2015/01/21/new-england-patriots-deflategate-memes_1.jpg?itok=bPOO3qlD

Psycho Ward 86
04-27-2017, 03:32 PM
We draft Jarrad Davis and Vince Williams gets traded for a mid round pick

Born2Steel
04-28-2017, 03:05 PM
ROUND 2 BOLD PREDICTION....

Steelers double down at OLB and select Rivers, Bowser, or Willis at 62.

teegre
04-28-2017, 03:48 PM
ROUND 2 BOLD PREDICTION....

Steelers double down at OLB and select Rivers, Bowser, or Willis at 62.

One of them (plus, Lawson) will likely be there...

Born2Steel
04-28-2017, 03:57 PM
One of them (plus, Lawson) will likely be there...

I was really high on Lawson for a while. I started hearing things about his injuries though that made me back way off. The knee things are just football and aren't as bothersome, the hip issue though could be a chronic, keep you off the field, type thing. I'm no longer comfortable with his injuries. Then I read somewhere, maybe SteelersDepot, that his wonderlic score was borderline Beavis and Butthead. Maybe late in this draft but not in the first 2 days.

teegre
04-28-2017, 04:03 PM
I was really high on Lawson for a while. I started hearing things about his injuries though that made me back way off. The knee things are just football and aren't as bothersome, the hip issue though could be a chronic, keep you off the field, type thing. I'm no longer comfortable with his injuries. Then I read somewhere, maybe SteelersDepot, that his wonderlic score was borderline Beavis and Butthead. Maybe late in this draft but not in the first 2 days.

My analysis of Lawson has been the same for two years: When healthy, he's one of the best pass rushers in the NCAA. Alas, the operative words are "when healthy".

His wonderlic... eh.
As Chad Brown once said: "I'm paid to ram my head into other grown men..."

Born2Steel
04-28-2017, 04:09 PM
My analysis of Lawson has been the same for two years: When healthy, he's one of the best pass rushers in the NCAA. Alas, the operative words are "when healthy".

His wonderlic... eh.
As Chad Brown once said: "I'm paid to ram my head into other grown men..."

Well, if we're quoting Chad Brown.....Bill Parcell's said,"I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones. (http://www.azquotes.com/quote/224712?ref=linebackers)".

teegre
04-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Well, if we're quoting Chad Brown.....Bill Parcell's said,"I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones. (http://www.azquotes.com/quote/224712?ref=linebackers)".

And, thus Parcells quote is poignant:
"A player's most important ability is avail-ability."

Born2Steel
04-28-2017, 04:31 PM
It's all about the Parcells.

teegre
04-28-2017, 04:33 PM
It's all about the Parcells.

The Millennium Falcon made the Kessel Run in twelve of him...

Mojouw
04-28-2017, 04:42 PM
Parcells also had the planet theory. That there are only so many people on the planet that are NFL athletic and 270+ pounds so you grab ALL of them and hope to form DL and OL out of them.

Which is amazing considering NO OL were drafted in the top 15 for the like the first time ever last night.

teegre
04-28-2017, 05:05 PM
Parcells also had the planet theory. That there are only so many people on the planet that are NFL athletic and 270+ pounds so you grab ALL of them and hope to form DL and OL out of them.

Which is amazing considering NO OL were drafted in the top 15 for the like the first time ever last night.

So... Kpassagnon at 62. :wink02:

Born2Steel
04-28-2017, 11:19 PM
Would not be surprised to see another WR taken by the Steelers in this draft. In fact, I expect one more. With Josh Reynolds, Mack Hollins, and Shelton Gibson still on the board I'm counting on it.

teegre
04-28-2017, 11:35 PM
Would not be surprised to see another WR taken by the Steelers in this draft. In fact, I expect one more. With Josh Reynolds, Mack Hollins, and Shelton Gibson still on the board I'm counting on it.

Reeeeally...??? Hmmm...

Born2Steel
04-29-2017, 07:50 AM
Reeeeally...??? Hmmm...

Maybe not Gibson since they goy schuster, but 6'3"/4" and 4.5/40. I'm boldly predicting AB, Bryant, Coates, Schuster, Rogers, Hollins/Reynolds. DHB, Hunter, Hamilton, Ayers, etc. either waived or PS. House cleaning on steroids. Have to put up more points each and every week.

pczach
04-29-2017, 08:02 AM
Maybe not Gibson since they goy schuster, but 6'3"/4" and 4.5/40. I'm boldly predicting AB, Bryant, Coates, Schuster, Rogers, Hollins/Reynolds. DHB, Hunter, Hamilton, Ayers, etc. either waived or PS. House cleaning on steroids. Have to put up more points each and every week.

I will say this: Cobi Hamilton had the chance of a lifetime in the AFC Championship game last year.....and he completely choked. If he doesn't drop all those touchdowns and a 2-point conversion, the Steelers are in that game, and he probably has a future in Pittsburgh. Now........I think he's gone.

When you get an opportunity in life like he had, you have to take advantage of it. He didn't and is probably going to be looking for work.

I also think it's time to move on from DHB.

There are going to be other teams circling the facility like vultures waiting for the Steelers to release some of these guys like Ayers.

Born2Steel
04-29-2017, 08:16 AM
I will say this: Cobi Hamilton had the chance of a lifetime in the AFC Championship game last year.....and he completely choked. If he doesn't drop all those touchdowns and a 2-point conversion, the Steelers are in that game, and he probably has a future in Pittsburgh. Now........I think he's gone.

When you get an opportunity in life like he had, you have to take advantage of it. He didn't and is probably going to be looking for work.

I also think it's time to move on from DHB.

There are going to be other teams circling the facility like vultures waiting for the Steelers to release some of these guys like Ayers.

What doesn't show up in the measurables is tough mindedness. Able to compete and perform when the pressure is on. We desperately needed Hamilton and Ayers to step up big time. Both failed completely. If Rogers, who did show the ability, doesn't make that next step, he's replaceable too. Right now, I would keep DHB over Hunter if only for ST. This corps, while not terrible, needs this type of shake up, IMO. They all want to be AB but they need to put in the work first and get their game right.

Mojouw
04-29-2017, 09:46 AM
So... Kpassagnon at 62. :wink02:

Yeah. Was sad to see him go to the Chiefs. But the 2nd round? WOW

- - - Updated - - -

AB
Bongtavios
jujubee
rogers
coates
hunter/DHB

practice squad: severin and other WR not on team now