st33lersguy
04-25-2017, 03:09 PM
It's about friggin' time

BlackAndGold
04-25-2017, 03:09 PM
Glad this got done before the draft.

Psycho Ward 86
04-25-2017, 03:10 PM
Shit. Now im considering whether or not i should change my mock draft for the forum challenge :lol:.

In all seriousness, its been a good day, even if it was expected. Heres to what will hopefully be a bombs away offense!

st33lersguy
04-25-2017, 03:12 PM
And Bryant apparently got a plan in place and sent it in to the commish quick enough for him to look at and approve in less than 2 weeks which is a good sign

Born2Steel
04-25-2017, 03:16 PM
Steelers still brought in too many WRs on official visits to throw the position out as a draft pick. I think it can be moved down the priority list a bit now, but still on the list. Remember, he's just one more fail away from a possible life ban.

86WARD
04-25-2017, 03:32 PM
He's FREEEEEEEEEE!!! Now let's hope he stays that way!

polamalubeast
04-25-2017, 03:35 PM
About damn time!!!!

tube517
04-25-2017, 03:47 PM
Now stay clean and get #7.

Business is boomin'.....:smokin: :chuckle:

AtlantaDan
04-25-2017, 04:05 PM
And Bryant apparently got a plan in place and sent it in to the commish quick enough for him to look at and approve in less than 2 weeks which is a good sign

The "plan" appears to be more Goodell posturing

As far as "plans" go Mike Tyson said it best

https://www.brainyquote.com/photos_tr/en/m/miketyson/382439/miketyson1.jpg

Hoping for the best for Bryant but not expecting it - wait until it turns out his new and improved physique is tied to training with the Pirates' Sterling Marte :coffee:

Dwinsgames
04-25-2017, 04:42 PM
Glad this got done before the draft.

this this 1000 times this

IMO the WR room just got far more talented and way more crowded ..... we normally only keep 5

Brown
Bryant
Coates
Hunter
Rogers

leaving the following fighting for the team to sacrifice 1 more roster spot than the normal to give them a job , IMO that will have to be earned as a ST ace 11 guys vying for 5 -6 jobs at max so no draft pick at WR this year

Ayers
Hamilton
DHB
Stewart
Severin
Tucker

awe1028
04-25-2017, 04:43 PM
Thank goodness. Now Pittsburgh has no need to waste an early pick on a WR

Psycho Ward 86
04-25-2017, 04:47 PM
if anyone on here still wants a receiver more than they want a tight end in the draft. i will fight you

Born2Steel
04-25-2017, 04:51 PM
:buttkick::asskick::flap:

Mojouw
04-25-2017, 04:59 PM

IMO the WR room just got far more talented and way more crowded ..... we normally only keep 5

Brown
Bryant
Coates
Hunter
Rogers

leaving the following fighting for the team to sacrifice 1 more roster spot than the normal to give them a job , IMO that will have to be earned as a ST ace 11 guys vying for 5 -6 jobs at max so no draft pick at WR this year

Ayers
Hamilton
DHB
Stewart
Severin
Tucker

I don't know there is room for a draft pick. Hunter and Rogers are talented but replaceable. Hamilton, Stewart, Tucker are just "guys". Ayers is as replaceable as Rogers. DHB is a two trick pony at this point - others might do those same tricks better. Severin is a dart throw. They may want to throw more than one dart.

pczach
04-25-2017, 05:07 PM
if anyone on here still wants a receiver more than they want a tight end in the draft. i will fight you

Stop being so confrontational!

I'll end you with my samurai-ninja-brain-liquefying strike! :rofl2:

If O.J. Howard ever fell to #30, I don't know that they could pass on that. I don't think there's any chance that will happen. I think he's going to go very high.

After that, I really think that they would be looking for a complete TE that is a strong blocker. Kittle makes a ton of sense later. I know that all of the tight ends are in play, but I find it hard to believe they would draft another tight end that isn't a strong blocker.

I literally have no idea what they're going to do with the first pick. With all the chaos of the last few days....diluted samples and rape charges.....and whatever else happens.....who knows which players will fall. I'm not discounting anything at this point.

tube517
04-25-2017, 05:10 PM

Brown
Bryant
Coates
Hunter
Rogers

Ayers
Hamilton
DHB
Stewart
Severin
Tucker

My gut feeling, I think Ayers will be a dark horse. DHB will get consideration for special teams but he is getting older and injury prone

SteelerFanInStl
04-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Finally! Welcome back Marty! Now, show us what we've been missing.

86WARD
04-25-2017, 05:59 PM
Brown
Bryant
Rogers

Are the only sure things IMO. The rest you can take or leave.

Shoes
04-25-2017, 05:59 PM
Good news for Bryant, his family & the team. I still think the Steelers take a TE & WR, hopefully Kittle in R3 or R4 and a WR in R6 or R7

GBMelBlount
04-25-2017, 06:00 PM
Finally!

Welcome back Marty!

Now, show us what we've been missing.

Bryant could be the key to our future...

Can't wait to see him McFlying down the field.

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/jiggawatts.jpg

Psycho Ward 86
04-25-2017, 06:10 PM
I don't know there is room for a draft pick. Hunter and Rogers are talented but replaceable. Hamilton, Stewart, Tucker are just "guys". Ayers is as replaceable as Rogers. DHB is a two trick pony at this point - others might do those same tricks better. Severin is a dart throw. They may want to throw more than one dart.

Define replaceable. Because Rogers had a great rookie campaign. He was more productive, than Manny Sanders and Antonio Brown were combined in their rookie seasons. Surely you were as excited as most about their potential after their rookie campaigns?

Eli Rogers rookie season:48 receptions, 594 receiving yards, 3 receiving TD's (played 13 games)
Manny Sanders + Antonio Brown rookie season: 44 receptions, 543 receiving yards, 2 receiving TD's (played 21 combined games)

Still only 24 years old. I can understand no confidence votes on all of our receivers not named Antonio Brown except for the ones on Eli Rogers. Everything is looking up for him

Dwinsgames
04-25-2017, 06:15 PM
Define replaceable. Because Rogers had a great rookie campaign. He was more productive, than Manny Sanders and Antonio Brown were combined in their rookie seasons. Surely you were as excited as most about their potential after their rookie campaigns?

Eli Rogers rookie season:48 receptions, 594 receiving yards, 3 receiving TD's (played 13 games)
Manny Sanders + Antonio Brown rookie season: 44 receptions, 543 receiving yards, 2 receiving TD's (played 21 combined games)

Still only 24 years old. I can understand no confidence votes on all of our receivers not named Antonio Brown except for the ones on Eli Rogers. Everything is looking up for him

one could say the same for Coates pre injury , the kid had most saying oh well about Bryant after 4-5 weeks of play ...

Mojouw
04-25-2017, 06:28 PM

Since day one AB was electric with the ball in his hands. Sanders, while less so, was also pretty good. Rogers is not - http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/eli-rogers-growth-must-come-ball-hands/

Look I think Rogers is a pretty good slot WR, but I can see a draft pick accidentally taking his job. Like the Steelers were not intentionally replacing him, but just can't keep New Guy off the field.

Dwinsgames
04-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Since day one AB was electric with the ball in his hands. Sanders, while less so, was also pretty good. Rogers is not - http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/eli-rogers-growth-must-come-ball-hands/

Look I think Rogers is a pretty good slot WR, but I can see a draft pick accidentally taking his job. Like the Steelers were not intentionally replacing him, but just can't keep New Guy off the field.

that guy may already be on the roster , in Ayers

DesertSteel
04-25-2017, 06:43 PM

It's a good problem to have.......

Craic
04-25-2017, 07:51 PM

I think it is quite unlikely, however, that a draft pick would accidentally take his job. While Rogers hasn't been electric with the ball in his hands, he has been pretty dang stable. He does exactly what we want a third receiver to do. Catch the ball for a few yards whenever we need him to. The type of receivers I think you're talking about are the type that would challenge for the first or second spot, and then disappear for the best salary asap if they can't get it here (which they won't as long as AB and Bryant are on the field). I'd rather stick with a guy like Rogers who comes in and does the job well day in and day out.

Shoes
04-25-2017, 08:02 PM
Watch: Martavis Bryant Runs A 4.27 40

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/watch-martavis-bryant-runs-4-27-40/

Born2Steel
04-25-2017, 08:07 PM
AB
Bryant (If fully reinstated and stays clean)
Rogers (Takes Wheaton's spot in the slot)
Coates (Backs up AB/Bryant)
DHB (Special Teams/Emergency WR)
Draft Pick (Is already equivalent of DHB/Can play the role of Coates as a backup/Can replace Coates, and/or Bryant if they still aren't what we drafted them for)

Best case is everything works out great. Worst case is Bryant becomes a 'what could have been' statistic, Coates IS what he was for MOST of the season, Rogers does not take another step forward. Must continue to add options.

DesertSteel
04-25-2017, 08:16 PM

I hope this is all more than a tease. I'll buy it all when he's about 4 games into the season with 20+ catches for 18 YPC and 6+ TDs and no weed issues.

- - - Updated - - -

AB
Draft Pick (Is already equivalent of DHB/Can play the role of Coates as a backup/Can replace Coates, and/or Bryant if they still aren't what we drafted them for)

Best case is everything works out great. Worst case is Bryant becomes a 'what could have been' statistic, Coates IS what he was for MOST of the season, Rogers does not take another step forward. Must continue to add options.
Are you cutting your FA signee? I see him staying and DHB going.

Steelheart
04-25-2017, 08:31 PM
This is very good news. I think they will still protect themselves and take a receiver. Either 3rd-4th range or take a flier on someone late.

Mojouw
04-25-2017, 08:33 PM
AB

I totally agree with this. Plus if Bryant stays clean and continues to excel, can they pay him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwinsgames
04-25-2017, 08:44 PM
I totally agree with this. Plus if Bryant stays clean and continues to excel, can they pay him?

I could be wrong but ...

I think Bryant has a couple years left here at min. because I do not believe the full year susp counts as a year towards FA ..... so he would have a RFA year at the end where we could give him a 1st round tender and if someone wanted him bad enough could extend an offer sheet but would have to pony up a 1st rounder if we did not match it

Steelheart
04-25-2017, 08:50 PM
I could be wrong but ...

I think Bryant has a couple years left here at min. because I do not believe the full year susp counts as a year towards FA ..... so he would have a RFA year at the end where we could give him a 1st round tender and if someone wanted him bad enough could extend an offer sheet but would have to pony up a 1st rounder if we did not match it

I believe you are correct. He was drafted in 14 and played that year and in 15. Pretty sure I heard 16 doesn't count so that gives us 17 and 18 with him.

teegre
04-25-2017, 08:51 PM
I could be wrong but ...

That is correct. He lost a year (has to wait an extra year to be a free agent), because his year-long suspension doesn't count as a year of service.

And, that's exactly what I'd do: offer him a R1 tender with the option to match.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe you are correct. He was drafted in 14 and played that year and in 15. Pretty sure I heard 16 doesn't count so that gives us 17 and 18 with him.

Exactly

smokin3000gt
04-25-2017, 09:10 PM
Steelers still brought in too many WRs on official visits to throw the position out as a draft pick. I think it can be moved down the priority list a bit now, but still on the list. Remember, he's just one more fail away from a possible life ban.

I think you're right. Although we are happy to have him back, MB hasn't shown the maturity that would lead us to believe he's figured it out and is a long term solution. Honestly I'd be surprised if he didn't Ricky William his way out of the league or off the Steeler roster anyways.

tube517
04-25-2017, 09:17 PM

As long as it is 4.27 and not 4.20...

SteelerFanInStl
04-26-2017, 08:11 AM

I tend to agree with this. I see Hunter making the team, although I don't know that it's necessarily at the expense of DHB. It would depend on the draft.

I really want to see what Hunter can do with a good QB and playing on a good team.

Rotorhead
04-26-2017, 09:46 AM
Great news and it gives us the option to see what Hunter can do in TC and preseason before we have to make a decision on him. 2 days ago we were iffy at WR, today we are in a great place. Now lets get some solid picks and start the road to our next ring. I am hoping this reinstatement gets Ben psyched up for a great offensive year!

Shoes
04-26-2017, 11:10 AM
I think you're right. Although we are happy to have him back, MB hasn't shown the maturity that would lead us to believe he's figured it out and is a long term solution. Honestly I'd be surprised if he didn't Ricky William his way out of the league or off the Steeler roster anyways.

You may be right but Ben sure as hell didn't reflect much maturity in his early days either.

Born2Steel
04-26-2017, 11:40 AM
I hope this is all more than a tease. I'll buy it all when he's about 4 games into the season with 20+ catches for 18 YPC and 6+ TDs and no weed issues.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea on the future of DHB. I think he is maybe moved into the ST/Emergency role. We still need that until we know how Bryant is going to work out, plus if Coates can make a full recovery and get back to his early season form. Neither is a guarantee, which is my point on drafting another WR. Bryant is reinstated to enter the facility now. He still has work to do before he can rejoin the team. IMO, a WR like Reynolds or Hollins in the 3rd/4th, or Golladay in the 4th-6th, would be a smart pick.

On the Hunter signing, I don't care if he stays or goes. He hasn't stuck with a team yet. We keep saying "pass happy league", and a guy with his measurable keeps moving around? Quacks like a red flag to me.

Dwinsgames
04-26-2017, 11:57 AM
I have no idea on the future of DHB. I think he is maybe moved into the ST/Emergency role. We still need that until we know how Bryant is going to work out, plus if Coates can make a full recovery and get back to his early season form. Neither is a guarantee, which is my point on drafting another WR. Bryant is reinstated to enter the facility now. He still has work to do before he can rejoin the team. IMO, a WR like Reynolds or Hollins in the 3rd/4th, or Golladay in the 4th-6th, would be a smart pick.

On the Hunter signing, I don't care if he stays or goes. He hasn't stuck with a team yet. We keep saying "pass happy league", and a guy with his measurable keeps moving around? Quacks like a red flag to me.

if Hunter can't make it here his career is doomed ... Richard Mann is the best WR coach in the league bar none if he can't succeed with Mann "forget about it"

AtlantaDan
04-29-2017, 08:32 AM
Is there anyone who can tell Bryant to STFU?

This nonsense after the JuJu Smith pick

http://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0428%2Fr205080_600x400_3%2 D2.jpg&w=1140&cquality=40
If it is a business treat it that way

Karma could be a no contact knee injury for fools who talk trash rather than lay low after engaging in career killing idiocy

polamalubeast
04-29-2017, 08:46 AM
It was funny!

DesertSteel
04-29-2017, 10:46 AM
"Not minds" Lol

Craic
04-29-2017, 05:18 PM
"Not minds" Lol

Honestly looks like a autocorrect... "mineso take . . ." probably auto-corrects to "minds"

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
04-29-2017, 05:27 PM
Hunter is the poor mans version of MB. MB is the poor mans version of Randy Moss. Hunter has talent and has freakish attributes as well and suffered from poor QB play. I say we will keep 6 this year and he will be one of the 6.

DesertSteel
04-29-2017, 05:53 PM
Hunter is the poor mans version of MB. MB is the poor mans version of Randy Moss. Hunter has talent and has freakish attributes as well and suffered from poor QB play. I say we will keep 6 this year and he will be one of the 6.
Three uses of the word poor.

04-29-2017, 06:01 PM
Three uses of the word poor.Lol.

Psycho Ward 86
04-29-2017, 06:06 PM

Im not worried about Bryant's tweet anymore. Kozora is a good source folks.

Im loving the Juju pick even more. Its going to be a bunch of dogs fighting for 1 bone again, like back when Manny Sanders and Brown were fighting for a hat on game day

SteelMember
05-03-2017, 01:07 PM
With the conditional reinstatement of Martavis Bryant to the NFL, there remained some outstanding contractual issues for the league to confirm. As of Wednesday morning, it appears those outstanding questions have been put to rest following adjustment to the NFLPA contract database.

Bryant is now officially showing as being under contract to the Pittsburgh Steelers for both the 2017 season and 2018 seasons, with an amended base salary for each year. Based on NFLPA figures, this is the remaining contract Bryant is set to receive.

https://usatsteelerswire.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/salary-martavis-bryant-ii.png

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/03/adjustment-to-nflpa-database-confirms-martavis-bryant-officially-under-contract-until-2019/?hl=1&noRedirect=1

Butch
05-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Is there anyone who can tell Bryant to STFU?

This nonsense after the JuJu Smith pick

http://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0428%2Fr205080_600x400_3%2 D2.jpg&w=1140&cquality=40
If it is a business treat it that way

Karma could be a no contact knee injury for fools who talk trash rather than lay low after engaging in career killing idiocy

As I have said before this is just a case of a couple guys busting each other's balls. This kind of stuff goes on in my office all the time and we laugh and have fun with it. Don't take it to seriously

SteelMayhem72
05-03-2017, 10:18 PM
As I have said before this is just a case of a couple guys busting each other's balls. This kind of stuff goes on in my office all the time and we laugh and have fun with it. Don't take it to seriously
True but dont do this where the whole world can see it instead of just keeping it in the office ...bryant will fuck up again guaranteed...he cant miss ANY rehab/therapy meetings throughout the season or he is done!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SteelMayhem72
05-03-2017, 10:23 PM
To be totally honest, im not really considering him to be part of the team past the halfway point in the season...i do think ju ju is gonna be a monster...do is a great blocker too...that alone surpasses a couple of our receivers already.

SteelMayhem72
05-03-2017, 10:24 PM
To be totally honest, im not really considering him to be part of the team past the halfway point in the season...i do think ju ju is gonna be a monster...do is a great blocker too...that alone surpasses a couple of our receivers already.

Dude not do...lol...typo

Craic
05-03-2017, 11:19 PM
True but dont do this where the whole world can see it instead of just keeping it in the office ...bryant will fuck up again guaranteed...he cant miss ANY rehab/therapy meetings throughout the season or he is done!

Who says its guaranteed? Moreover, where did you read he can't miss any rehab or therapy meetings? Could you post a link?

05-03-2017, 11:33 PM
As I have said before this is just a case of a couple guys busting each other's balls. This kind of stuff goes on in my office all the time and we laugh and have fun with it. Don't take it to seriously I'm waiting for him to tweet I heard tings. Who was they about ? Minds and minds wife and heard tings.

SteelMayhem72
05-04-2017, 10:02 AM
Who says its guaranteed? Moreover, where did you read he can't miss any rehab or therapy meetings? Could you post a link?
Dont have the link i think it was on the post gazette where it did say he would have to attend meetings throughout the season...that was why he was delayed in getting reinstated because he had to provide a "recovery" or continued care plan. I dont remember what they actually called it but it did state he would have to have those sessions throughout the season...i put the "any" in myself because lets be real here if he does miss a session do you not think for a moment that goodell wouldnt suspend him again indefinitely???

Craic
05-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Dont have the link i think it was on the post gazette where it did say he would have to attend meetings throughout the season...that was why he was delayed in getting reinstated because he had to provide a "recovery" or continued care plan. I dont remember what they actually called it but it did state he would have to have those sessions throughout the season...i put the "any" in myself because lets be real here if he does miss a session do you not think for a moment that goodell wouldnt suspend him again indefinitely???

I don't. At least, not for one. However, thanks for explaining it. I actually really like this accountability that's been set up by Goodell/league. It is perhaps the first time I've actually seen something done by the league that is truly beneficial for the players—even if the players do not always like it.

SteelMayhem72
05-04-2017, 10:43 PM
I don't. At least, not for one. However, thanks for explaining it. I actually really like this accountability that's been set up by Goodell/league. It is perhaps the first time I've actually seen something done by the league that is truly beneficial for the players—even if the players do not always like it.
Yeah it is a good thing for the players especially if they do really see it that way. Your right, missing one probably nothing but multiple misses scares me some.

AtlantaDan
05-05-2017, 08:38 AM

When one of those guys has been suspended for 20 games over the past 2 seasons he is not in the same position as co-workers who have not been suspended repeatedly to the detriment of the team and is in no position to be busting on anyone.

In an interview in the P-G today Ben lays down what Bryant needs to do instead

Roethlisberger felt betrayed and even lied to by Bryant before the second suspension.

“It’s more than just me. He has to win back everybody’s trust,” Roethlisberger said. “I would hope he comes up to me and we go somewhere to talk in private. After that, he has to show with his work ethic and by staying clean that he cares — really cares — about us. If he does that, it’ll be huge. He can really help us. He can be so great.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2017/05/05/Steelers-QB-Ben-Roethlisberger-retirement-talk-return-2017-season-NFL-draft/stories/201705050042

Craic
05-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Yeah it is a good thing for the players especially if they do really see it that way. Your right, missing one probably nothing but multiple misses scares me some.

Can't say I blame you. Addiction does that. However, I do like what I've heard from him for the most part. I also like the continued help. In fact, it reminds of drug court where people are mandated to attend—and drug court successes are much, much higher than trying to get sober otherwise.

Born2Steel
05-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Addicts can convince people they are doing well. It's part of the condition. I truly hope he's really good, but I'm ignoring anything he says. He's going to have to prove it by doing it.

steel striker
05-06-2017, 11:16 AM
I hope this guy can stay clean but, I have my doubts.

86WARD
05-06-2017, 04:19 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170506/91e1586df9d394f569aebed27cab3698.jpg

AtlantaDan
05-06-2017, 05:19 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170506/91e1586df9d394f569aebed27cab3698.jpg

What "challenge" is accepted once again?

Showing up for and passing a drug test after failing to do so repeatedly?

Talk is cheap

BurghBoy412
05-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Bryant shouldn't be allowed to have a twitter account. Guy stay off social media and keep your head in the playbook and focused on your family. In other words shut up and show us something!!

43Hitman
05-06-2017, 08:00 PM
We hear ya 'Tavis, now put up or shut up, like till the end of August at least.

Mojouw
05-07-2017, 10:38 AM
So do folks forget that Bryant is on the team the same as the do with Green?

Just sayin...:peep:

Born2Steel
05-07-2017, 12:50 PM
So do folks forget that Bryant is on the team the same as the do with Green?

Just sayin...:peep:

I wouldn't say 'forget' necessarily, but there is an ability to look past him now. If he's available, great. If not, we have it covered. I think that is more the overall feeling toward Bryant right now.

Green hasn't really been a part of the team up to now. At least the 'on the field' part. So, much easier to 'forget' Green.

FrancoLambert
05-08-2017, 11:57 AM
With all that Bryant's been through, you would think that a bit of humility might surface once in a while.

He's digging a deeper hole....with the fans and more importantly with his coaches and teammates.

43Hitman
05-08-2017, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't say 'forget' necessarily, but there is an ability to look past him now. If he's available, great. If not, we have it covered. I think that is more the overall feeling toward Bryant right now.

Green hasn't really been a part of the team up to now. At least the 'on the field' part. So, much easier to 'forget' Green.Yeah, and to add to that sentiment, as fans we have more invested in Bryant than Green. Green has let us down due to no fault of his own, Bryant on the other hand has dug this hole completely on his own. Now it seems to me that he is on his way back to redemption(which I'm happy for him) and he's acting like nothing ever happened and that people should just forget the wasted season he cost his team and fans.

Born2Steel
05-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Can Bryant do this?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000807207/article/you-cant-forearm-sideplank-with-antonio-brown

Shoes
05-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Can Bryant do this?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000807207/article/you-cant-forearm-sideplank-with-antonio-brown

Pretty impressive, but I like game time impressive. :chuckle:

Click on the youtube sign bottom right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbz0o0spEgk

Mojouw
05-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Every time this floats to the top of my feed, my brain assumes it is a new thread about Bryant being banned.

Pessimistic part of me takes over. I'm giddy about the potential of this WR corps. DHB is your worst wideout? Sweet googly moogly that's an embarrassment of riches.