PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Colbert: We Think Roethlisberger Is ‘Going To Be Here For A While’

polamalubeast
04-25-2017, 11:34 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/kevin-colbert-think-roethlisberger-going/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

EzraTank
04-25-2017, 11:40 AM
Translation ...

Ben if a drama queen.

steelerdude15
04-25-2017, 12:50 PM
I don't think he will. I think either this year or 2018 will be his last.

Rotorhead
04-25-2017, 12:58 PM
He will play out his contract, especially if they are this close to the SB for the next couple years. It is a chance for him to cement his legacy so why not. Same reason JH is back for one more year, he wants that last ring. If they with the SB this year, then we can talk about him retiring. They are just too close right now.

Dwinsgames
04-25-2017, 01:14 PM

hoist a Lombardi and he goes out like Bettis on top , so next year at this time we may have no choice but to be zeroing in on a QB unless ( and I think there is a chance ) we take one early this year

polamalubeast
04-25-2017, 02:20 PM

He remains 3 years in his contract, so I think Roethlisberger will play at least the rest of his contract if he still performs at a very good level.I would not be surprised if Roethlisberger plays even longer than his contract if he continues to perform at a pro bowl level

Six Rings
04-25-2017, 02:55 PM

Sadly I agree. Ben won't be here in 2019. Colbert's words could be a smokescreen for what the Steelers might do if the right QB is on the board in round one or two.

One thing is clear, if Ben left, hoping for Landry Jones to be good enough is not a strategy.

As for Colbert knowing what's in a player's heart, he doesn't. Worilds duped him, retiring after 1 year of being tagged...this costs us a comp pick in the draft. Woodley got fat and lazy after getting paid. And how about Mr. L. Green. The dude was hurt and likely lied to the Steelers

I think Ben's integrity is better than those players, but I can see him walking away if we win a super bowl, or suddenly become a one and done team in the playoffs.

Steelheart
04-25-2017, 08:37 PM
I predicted last year before the season even started that if they won the SB there was a good chance he would retire. I will just keep prediction that until it happens or he gets too old.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
04-25-2017, 09:25 PM
2 years tops left with Ben IMO. I'm realistic thinking one and hope we at least throw a dart at QB in the later rds.

SteelMayhem72
04-25-2017, 11:21 PM
2 years tops left with Ben IMO. I'm realistic thinking one and hope we at least throw a dart at QB in the later rds.
I agree...2 more years max. I would try and get a qb in this draft

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

steelerdude15
04-26-2017, 08:27 AM
I predicted last year before the season even started that if they won the SB there was a good chance he would retire. I will just keep prediction that until it happens or he gets too old.

I think we win one more Super Bowl with Ben.