PDA

View Full Version : Jabrill Peppers tests positive for a dilute sample

Shoes
04-24-2017, 01:16 PM
NFL teams now have more questions about Jabrill Peppers than what position he’ll play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/24/jabrill-peppers-tests-positive-for-a-dilute-sample/

BurghBoy412
04-24-2017, 01:27 PM
Don't draft him he's a pot head. Here we go. Lol The wording of that is very misleading. You either test positive or you have a dilute sample. What is a positive dilute?

LLT
04-24-2017, 01:33 PM
He drank too much water....oh no!!!

Mojouw
04-24-2017, 01:44 PM
Don't draft him he's a pot head. Here we go. Lol The wording of that is very misleading. You either test positive or you have a dilute sample. What is a positive dilute?

NFL regards a dilute sample as the same as a positive test for drugs.

Shoes
04-24-2017, 01:46 PM
We can take him in R5 :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
04-24-2017, 01:56 PM
lots and lots of guys over hydrate to boost weight and then 4-5 days later at pro days they are 5,6,7 pounds lighter

diluted samples are pretty much nothing , a guy like Foster though could pay a price for it ( yes his sample was diluted too )
but it is the rest of his history that is really gonna push him down this is just another thing ...

teegre
04-24-2017, 02:10 PM
Remembering high school...

PRO PEPPERS:
Before the spring weigh-in, the O-linemen used to wear as many clothes as possible (two pairs of sweats). Then, in the summer, they'd wear shorts. That way, the coaches would say: "Wow!!! You dropped those 7 pounds that I asked you to drop."

Conversely, the smaller guys (usually DBs) would wear shorts in the spring, and sweats in the summer... so that the coaches would say: "Wow!!! You gained those 7 pounds that I asked you to put on."

CON PEPPERS:
My stoner friends used to drink a gallon of water before their parents took them in for urine tests... because, it would dilute the amount of weed in their urine.

SUMMATION:
I hope that it is the prior.

BlackAndGold
04-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Peppers agent: "he was pounding water and under the weather. He never failed a drug test in his life, nor tested positive before"

DesertSteel
04-24-2017, 02:37 PM
lots and lots of guys over hydrate to boost weight and then 4-5 days later at pro days they are 5,6,7 pounds lighter

diluted samples are pretty much nothing , a guy like Foster though could pay a price for it ( yes his sample was diluted too )
but it is the rest of his history that is really gonna push him down this is just another thing ...
Well they sure aren't nothing. They are strike one in the drug policy, the same as a dirty. I get your point, but you also never know whether it's being used as a coverup.

BurghBoy412
04-24-2017, 02:40 PM
Peppers agent: "he was pounding water and under the weather. He never failed a drug test in his life, nor tested positive before"
Nice

BurghBoy412
04-24-2017, 02:40 PM
NFL regards a dilute sample as the same as a positive test for drugs.
A rule that should be addressed

Born2Steel
04-24-2017, 02:53 PM
A diluted sample can also be from a frozen sample.

BurghBoy412
04-24-2017, 03:04 PM
I think there should be some kind of legal ramifications if someone says a dilute sample is the same as a positive test. The test hasn't been failed it is inconclusive. There should be some way legally to fight that. I'm also pretty sure the CBA is probably worded dilute = positive. This drug testing is getting out of control.

DesertSteel
04-24-2017, 03:27 PM
I think there should be some kind of legal ramifications if someone says a dilute sample is the same as a positive test. The test hasn't been failed it is inconclusive. There should be some way legally to fight that. I'm also pretty sure the CBA is probably worded dilute = positive. This drug testing is getting out of control.
The point is that if someone is going to drop dirty then all they'd have to do is dilute in order to avoid getting caught. Perhaps a compromise is in order but throwing it out would make the whole testing process a sham.

fansince'76
04-24-2017, 03:37 PM
The point is that if someone is going to drop dirty then all they'd have to do is dilute in order to avoid getting caught. Perhaps a compromise is in order but throwing it out would make the whole testing process a sham.

It already is a sham. See Harrison's umpteen "random" UAs this past season and Boswell's "random" UA almost immediately after kicking 6 FGs in one game.

Psycho Ward 86
04-24-2017, 03:39 PM
A diluted sample. Grab the pitchforks and light the torches. Obliterate this kid's character for all hes worth even if hes never been in trouble his entire life.

^Its funny because a lot of people are thinking it

Rotorhead
04-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Without knowing anything more this is a stupid report that could cost him millions honestly. I guess teams have to take his history into account when diluted samples come back . . .

86WARD
04-24-2017, 04:27 PM
So he messed up his test by drinking too much water? So was there drugs or not?

Mojouw
04-24-2017, 04:31 PM
The NFL is so full of shit. I know I just ran Foster down in another thread for the same thing - but I really do think Foster is a special kind of stupid. Maybe Peppers is too, but it shouldn't matter for either guy.

The NFL has no problems with not testing for HGH and lord knows what other performance enhancing magic chemicals guys want to put into their bodies. Nor do they seem to want to protect guys from themselves - deer antler spray is basically the modern equivalent of snake oil. For all the Ravens and others knew it could've been lead, depleted uranium, and orphan urine. Maybe if the league was really interested in player safety it would help their employees make better decisions when it comes to the bizarr-o world medical quackery some of these guys pursue in order to get an edge.

Further, they could realize that while reasonable folks can debate the mental and physical impact of marijuana use - no other sport governing body (@ least that I am aware of) regards pot as a PED and most don't even consider it worthy of testing and banning for. Additionally, the league could care less if you drink yourself into a stupor as long as you don't get a DUI or fight anyone. Who cares about the devastating impact of that level of alcohol use on careers, health, lives, and staying out of jail.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but this stuff is just getting ridiculous. I would have more respect for the league if they just admitted that having young men get paid insane amounts of money to play a sport that some of the fans spending their hard earned dollars would do anything to trade places with and be able to smoke dope and act the fool w/out consequences would endanger the profit margin. This has nothing to do with looking out for Foster or Peppers well being.

Like just about everything else in the last 5 years - screw the NFL.

- - - Updated - - -

So he messed up his test by drinking too much water? So was there drugs or not?

That's why a dilute sample is the same as a positive/failed test. Once you introduce enough water into the equation it is impossible to determine the amount of what else may or may not have been in there. In theory you could smoke a joint on the way to the test if you simply forced a massive amount of water/fluids through your system.

DesertSteel
04-24-2017, 04:35 PM
It already is a sham. See Harrison's umpteen "random" UAs this past season and Boswell's "random" UA almost immediately after kicking 6 FGs in one game.
I don't think it's a sham at all. But I tend to side with management/ownership in most scenarios in life.

AtlantaDan
04-25-2017, 10:41 AM
Common sense observation by Browns tackle Joe Thomas

st33lersguy
04-25-2017, 10:52 AM
This kind of stuff happens when the league office cares more about power than common sense

Steelheart
04-25-2017, 10:54 AM
Putting Peppers character aside, this does have to be a concern to Tomlin and Colbert only because of what they have dealt with in the recent past between Bryant and Bell. So I don't see it being so much "man Peppers is a terrible kid we can't take him now" but more "do we really want this potential headache?"

86WARD
04-25-2017, 11:40 AM
That's why a dilute sample is the same as a positive/failed test. Once you introduce enough water into the equation it is impossible to determine the amount of what else may or may not have been in there. In theory you could smoke a joint on the way to the test if you simply forced a massive amount of water/fluids through your system.

Right...yet PFT wants to phrase it as he was up to something...yet they don't know if he was or not.

BlackAndGold
04-25-2017, 12:36 PM
Common sense observation by Browns tackle Joe Thomas

Really hope the NFL looks into this. Time to make a change on how these players are tested.

This type of crap can hurt a kids draft stock, when he did nothing wrong.

Dwinsgames
04-25-2017, 01:56 PM
Really hope the NFL looks into this. Time to make a change on how these players are tested.

This type of crap can hurt a kids draft stock, when he did nothing wrong.

bring the kids in a day earlier and test them upon arrival avoid diluted samples as nobody is hydrating on the plane