PDA

View Full Version : My top 40 Steelers of all time since the AFL-NFL merger.

Six Rings
04-18-2017, 02:19 PM
Here's are my 40 Steelers of all time since the AFL-NFL merger.

The rankings are based on three criteria. Relative performance to their peers 50%, key to winning a championship for the Steelers,30%, and longevity on the Steelers. 20%

Current Steelers can rate as long as they have 8 seasons or more

Chuck Noll - Coach
Joe Greene – DT
Terry Bradshaw - QB
Jack Lambert – MLB
Ben Roethlisberger - QB
Franco Harris - RB
Mel Blount - CB
Jack Ham – OLB
Mike Webster –C
Hines Ward –WR
Troy Polamalu –SS
Rod Woodson – CB * Woodson would rate higher if he played more seasons
John Stallworth – WR
Lynn Swann – Wr
James Harrison – OLB
Jon Kolb – OT
Donnie Shell – SS
LC Greenwood – DE
Bill Cowher – Head Coach
Dermontii Dawson –C * lack of a ring makes him fall a bit
Aaron Smith – DE
Joey Porter –OLB
Casey Hampton- NT
Greg Lloyd – OLB
Carnell Lake – S
Jerome Bettis – RB
Levon Kirkland – ILB
Alan Faneca -G
Mike Tomlin - Head Coach
John Jackson – LT
James Farrior – ILB
Andy Russell – OLB
Ike Taylor – CB
Jason Gildon – OLB
Gary Anderson – K
Ernie Holmes – DT
Heath Miller - TE
Lawerence Timmons - LB
David Little – MLB
Willie Parker – RB
Keith Willis – DE
Mike Wagner – FS
Dick Lebeau – Defensive coordinator
Joel Steed – NT
Dewayne Woodruff – CB
Darren Perry - FS
Max Starks – LT
Dwight White – DE
Louis Lipps – WR
Tunch Ilkin - OT

polamalubeast
04-18-2017, 02:58 PM
Antonio Brown deserves to be on this list even if he has only 7 seasons with the steelers.

86WARD
04-18-2017, 04:32 PM
I'd rate Ham higher and Woodson higher.

Psycho Ward 86
04-18-2017, 05:33 PM
i think there are better players to put up than Max Starks. Starks was one of the all-time infuriatingly inconsistent Steelers. He'd go out some Sundays and cleanly shut down Elvis Dumervil and Terrell Suggs (in their prime) all by himself. Then he'd shit the bed and get destroyed by some random kid on the Browns the following Sunday. Im putting Antonio Brown on there somewhere as well, just not quite sure where. The guy has been the best receiver on the planet for 3 straight seasons. He's the only player to have 1000 return yards and 1000 receiving yards. He had the impossible helmet catch on 3rd and long in the AFC Divisional game against the Ravens and the 3rd down catch to seal the AFCCG against the Jets his rookie season. AB has been a stud literally from the 1st time he touched a ball in an NFL game (which went for a TD)

st33lersguy
04-18-2017, 06:58 PM
Is it really Dermonti Dawson's fault he never won a ring though? Centers can't win Super Bowls by themselves. And the numbers Hines Ward posted in 14 years, AB could realistically surpass by the end of year 11 on this team so no it's not to soon to put AB on there

Born2Steel
04-18-2017, 07:03 PM
I like the list. Well done.

DesertSteel
04-18-2017, 09:06 PM
Antonio Brown deserves to be on this list even if he has only 7 seasons with the steelers.
This. If he retired right now he'd deserve to be pretty high on that list. Greatest 4-year run in the history of the NFL.

Mojouw
04-18-2017, 10:53 PM
Starks was a classic example of a big game player. For all the reasons stated above. He rose to the occasion but he also sunk to the level of his competition. I bet he practiced like crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six Rings
04-19-2017, 07:46 AM
I like the list. Well done.

Thanks, maybe I should have expanded this list to top 50 as the Steelers have had so many good players through the years.