PDA

View Full Version : unsure of validity but

Dwinsgames
04-12-2017, 07:15 PM
Report: Steelers' Golson stopped with handgun at airport, not arrested

confirmed .... http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/12/report-senquez-golson-caught-with-gun-in-bag-at-airport-but-not-arrested/

WCSteeler
04-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Why? Your going to an airport and you bring a gun? Stupidity at its finest

86WARD
04-12-2017, 07:42 PM
'Nother fucking genius athlete...

Shoes
04-12-2017, 07:46 PM
I'd boot his A$$, he's been nothing but a parasite anyway. Taking a gun to the airport shows how brain dead some of these morons are. I can't wait to hear *I didn't know it was in my bag*

AtlantaDan
04-12-2017, 07:50 PM
The standard line is that the passenger always "forgets" he was packing heat when he went to the airport

Lucky he did not do something really serious like trying to pack a regular size of toothpaste or shaving cream in his carry on luggage

pczach
04-12-2017, 08:32 PM
Clearly, he was going on a fishing trip.

https://steemitimages.com/0x0/http://imgur.com/AQAYkHt.jpg

Shoes
04-12-2017, 08:40 PM
Clearly, he was going on a fishing trip.

https://steemitimages.com/0x0/http://imgur.com/AQAYkHt.jpg

:lol:

tube517
04-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Was he flying United?

Craic
04-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Why? Your going to an airport and you bring a gun? Stupidity at its finest

You'd be surprised at how many people do that. They actually do forget they had their gun in the bag. It's not stupidity, just absence of mind. The sad thing is, he could have simply declared it at check in and taken it in his luggage (as long as it is in its own lockable case).

As for guns at airports in general, it's not a big deal. I take mine to the airport all the time. The only time you can't is if you're the one trying to get through security.

Of course, we could talk about the stupidity of not allowing guns on a flight, but that's a different discussion for a different forum.

Born2Steel
04-13-2017, 07:45 AM
You'd be surprised at how many people do that. They actually do forget they had their gun in the bag. It's not stupidity, just absence of mind. The sad thing is, he could have simply declared it at check in and taken it in his luggage (as long as it is in its own lockable case).

As for guns at airports in general, it's not a big deal. I take mine to the airport all the time. The only time you can't is if you're the one trying to get through security.

Of course, we could talk about the stupidity of not allowing guns on a flight, but that's a different discussion for a different forum.

Same thing happened to my Father-in-law once. Took his pistol through security, just heading for the gate. He had forgotten he had it in his carry on. It was barely pre 9-11 so not as much of a gaff as would be now. But thinking back on it, I think wow, that could have been a mess to try and talk your way out of.

Dwinsgames
04-13-2017, 10:00 AM
sorry still do not get it , there is 4 places my carry gun is ever at and ONLY 4 places , would never place it in luggage . ( but I do not fly but if I did I would have it secured in the proper manner )

its either in the shelf on my headboard, on my waist , in the safe or the compartment on the door of my suv , part of the responsibility of gun ownership is knowing where your firearm is at all times and being in control of it

tube517
04-13-2017, 11:42 AM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/04/senquez_golson_on_gun_at_mobil.html

Well, at least he co-operated. Dumb mistake, yes.

Brian Fillingim, chief of police with the Mobile Airport Authority, told AL.com that while carrying a gun is permitted in Alabama airports, attempting to do so onto a flight is a violation of federal law. Airport authorities will hold Golson's gun and ammunition until he returns to retrieve it.

Fillingim added similar incidents occur "a couple of times a month," and that Golson was "an outstanding individual" to deal with.

"What the officer told me is that (Golson) was very respectful, very up-front with everything, very apologetic," Fillingim said. "He did not realize he had left (the gun) in his bag."

Born2Steel
04-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Everybody makes dumb mistakes. Bone head stuff that makes you slap your own forehead in disbelief. If you have NEVER done something like that, just wait, you WILL. And the more critical you are of others the funnier it will be when it does happen.

The 'real news' here is that a black man was caught with a gun in an Alabama airport, and it ended amicably. Just sayin........

steelreserve
04-13-2017, 12:32 PM
While I don't think this is quite the big deal it's made out to be - MAN.

If I take a gun out of the safe, I know EXACTLY where it is at all times; I don't "forget" about it even for a second. It's not like losing your car keys in the couch next to your bong.

Born2Steel
04-13-2017, 12:39 PM
I don't think you guys travel with your gun daily like some people do. Ever misplace your keys, glasses, wallet, shit like that? Look at it from that angle instead of 'damn how do you forget where you packed your gun' angle. I wonder how many times Golson has flown with this same gun before. Only this time he forgot to pack it correctly. Obviously airport security wasn't too alarmed by it. Even said this happens daily.

Dwinsgames
04-13-2017, 12:53 PM
I don't think you guys travel with your gun daily like some people do. Ever misplace your keys, glasses, wallet, shit like that? Look at it from that angle instead of 'damn how do you forget where you packed your gun' angle. I wonder how many times Golson has flown with this same gun before. Only this time he forgot to pack it correctly. Obviously airport security wasn't too alarmed by it. Even said this happens daily.

I carry every day , never leave the house without it ... my gun gets put on when I put on my boots it comes off when the boots come off

Born2Steel
04-13-2017, 01:11 PM
Hooray!

86WARD
04-13-2017, 02:01 PM
In this day and age, a gun and an airport really don't mix. If you take a gun to the airport and "forget" you have it...you're fucking stupid. That's probably the one thing you should keep track of. Pretty much the same as boiling some pasta, taking the pot off the stove, draining it and then placing your hand on the burner. Lol.

Born2Steel
04-13-2017, 02:09 PM
In this day and age, a gun and an airport really don't mix. If you take a gun to the airport and "forget" you have it...you're fucking stupid. That's probably the one thing you should keep track of. Pretty much the same as boiling some pasta, taking the pot off the stove, draining it and then placing your hand on the burner. Lol.

That is true. It is a completely bone headed mistake. Still, it happens "daily". So much that Golson(picture the man in an airport with a gun) wasn't immediately swarmed and tackled and arrested. I don't compare it so much to doing a stupid, childish thing though, but rather like when you're driving to a familiar place, say home, and when you arrive, you don't really have much recollection of making the drive. Not that you drove carelessly, or fell asleep, or anything dangerous, it's just a regular thing you do so the details sometimes go unnoticed. Should he have been more aware of how he packed his gun? Of course. But like the airport security guy said, "It happens a couple times a month".

There fixed it. Sorry I misquoted. I'll try not to again.

Dwinsgames
04-13-2017, 02:17 PM
But like the airport security guy said, "It happens daily".

well not exactly ...

Brian Fillingim, chief of police with the Mobile Airport Authority, told AL.com that while carrying a gun is permitted in Alabama airports, attempting to do so onto a flight is a violation of federal law. Airport authorities will hold Golson's gun and ammunition until he returns to retrieve it.

Fillingim added similar incidents occur "a couple of times a month," and that Golson was "an outstanding individual" to deal with.

"What the officer told me is that (Golson) was very respectful, very up-front with everything, very apologetic," Fillingim said. "He did not realize he had left (the gun) in his bag."

Born2Steel
04-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Damn, got lawyered again.

Dwinsgames
04-13-2017, 02:31 PM
Damn, got lawyered again.

sorry but daily would be about 365 times a year , a couple times a month would be 24 or so a year .... pretty significant difference considering hundreds of thousands of people probably pass through there yearly ( if not more )

Born2Steel
04-13-2017, 02:51 PM
You are correct. My mistake. Daily makes a completely different point. Maybe if it happened daily, they would have just shot him for being annoying. But since it only happens a couple times a month they were more lenient.

ALLD
04-13-2017, 03:48 PM
It happens, but he should be a responsible gun owner. I carry everyday and sometimes in my luggage. when I fly I take inventory to make sure I do not have anything with me that is illegal on planes.

steelreserve
04-13-2017, 05:19 PM

I don't carry my gun with me every day. On the other hand, I almost never misplace my wallet or keys either, because they always go in one of a very small handful of places also; I don't just thrown them in a gym bag or something and forget about them.

Born2Steel
04-13-2017, 07:26 PM
I don't carry my gun with me every day. On the other hand, I almost never misplace my wallet or keys either, because they always go in one of a very small handful of places also; I don't just thrown them in a gym bag or something and forget about them.

I'm the same way. All of my things have very specific places. I almost always know exactly where my things are. Almost always. I HAVE set my coffee cup down and not been able to find it until the next day though. I also have 2 pairs of glasses just in case, because things do happen. I've actually been ready to check out at the grocery and realized I didn't have my wallet on me. Not because i didn't know where it was, just oops. Some guy in front of me held up the security line at the airport because he accidentally left his gun in his carry on instead of locking it in his car once he parked. Oops!
I guess my point is, you guys want to throw stones at an honest mistake, fine. But you all do stupid shit every day even though none of you can admit to it. And like i posted previously, if you never have, you will. It will happen. :cuckoo:

Craic
04-13-2017, 07:56 PM
I can see scenario going something like this . . .

He is out shooting or cleaning a gun with his friends or whatever over the weekend, and packs up his stuff and comes home. He gets home and has to get on an airplane in a couple of days. The headphones, the iPod, and other crap stays in the bag, so he doesn't worry about it. A day or two passes and its time to pack up. He grabs his bag and sees the headphones and Ipad in it. Throws in some on-flight reading material and hops in the car, completely unaware that he's left his gun in his bag.

Now, for those of you saying you always know where your gun is, good. As a fellow CC'r, that's how it should be. But, I do not have children living with me, nor do I have children that come into my home. While I am out, always know where my gun is (holstered next to me), but that doesn't mean I always know exactly where it is when I'm in the house (it's usually either next to my computer, hanging in the holster on the side of my bed, or on me). If Golson doesn't have children, and doesn't have a lot of traffic in and out of his house, the above scenario isn't just possible, but it's possible without being overtly stupid with a weapon.

The other thing that makes me think it really was something like the scenario about is that it wasn't loaded.

teegre
04-13-2017, 08:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNnejhLElUg&app=desktop

Real men don't carry guns into airports... they carry them into movie theaters.

bendsteel
04-13-2017, 08:30 PM
sorry still do not get it , there is 4 places my carry gun is ever at and ONLY 4 places , would never place it in luggage . ( but I do not fly but if I did I would have it secured in the proper manner )

its either in the shelf on my headboard, on my waist , in the safe or the compartment on the door of my suv , part of the responsibility of gun ownership is knowing where your firearm is at all times and being in control of it
Thank You!!!!

fansince'76
04-13-2017, 08:57 PM
This thread made me think of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uL0CqO40_w

:chuckle:

Born2Steel
04-13-2017, 09:00 PM
Archie was a riot.