PDA

View Full Version : Tracey Porter released by the Bears

Rotorhead
04-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Bears cut Tracey Porter (the Bears best CB for the last couple of years, so I am reading). What are anyones thoughts on picking him up? I read he had some injury issues last year, but this still sounds like it would be an upgrade for us.

Mojouw
04-10-2017, 02:57 PM
Here are recent quotes (past 2 seasons or so) about Tracy Porter:

The move saves the Redskins about $2.3 million in cap space. Signed to a two-year, $6 million contract last offseason, Porter played in three games for the Redskins before missing the rest of the season with a shoulder injury. Highly injury-prone throughout his career, Porter has played a full 16-game season just once. Porter turns 29 in August and has been a liability on the field recently.

The 29-year-old hasn't received a positive grade from Pro Football Focus since 2010 and is unlikely to help the Bears' secondary.

Porter was expected to serve as Washington's primary slot corner last season, but hamstring and shoulder injuries limited him to three games. Porter has been a liability in coverage the last several seasons, but he could find a role in the Bears' underwhelming secondary.

Going on 30, Porter started 13 games last season. His 856 snaps were largely ineffective, though he was better in the second half of the season. His salary suggests he'll remain one of the Bears' starters for 2016.

I mean, we might as well just call up Ike Taylor if we want a broken down CB.

Rotorhead
04-10-2017, 03:28 PM
Ok then, to the draft we go!

tube517
04-10-2017, 03:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y79ZGUIs0_k Haven't heard from him since.

Godfather
04-13-2017, 09:00 PM
Ultimate clutch player.