PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger to return for 14th season

AtlantaDan
04-07-2017, 02:47 PM

“As an organization, we have been hopeful that Ben would return this year,” Tomlin told the Steelers’ website (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ben-announces-his-commitment-for-17/0efd9e0a-884e-4c01-b288-bde0bdf78cc6) Friday. “Ben and I have had many conversations, and I understood at this point in his career he is going to have to think about his long-term future. There is no question Ben wants to win championships for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and we know he will do everything possible to lead our entire team to achieving that goal.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/04/07/Ben-Roethlisberger-retirement-rumors-return-2017-big-ben-coming-back/stories/201704070196?pgpageversion=pgevoke

No surprise but glad this was cleared up before the draft

Now Goodell needs to quit the gamesmanship and announce whether or not Bryant is reinstated

Born2Steel
04-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Excellent!

BlackAndGold
04-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Shocked.

st33lersguy
04-07-2017, 03:00 PM
Not a big surprise

43Hitman
04-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Good to have confirmation. Even if it was just a formality.

DesertSteel
04-07-2017, 03:12 PM
I was really was hoping that it would be Landry Jones' time to shine. Oh well.

86WARD
04-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Drama. So the Steelers bring in 2 QBs for a visit and then Ben decides to make it official? Lol.

Glad to see him back!!!

pczach
04-07-2017, 03:17 PM
I was really was hoping that it would be Landry Jones' time to shine. Oh well.

I'm afraid you're going to have to endure another year with the poser we have.:chuckle:

AtlantaDan
04-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Drama. So the Steelers bring in 2 QBs for a visit and then Ben decides to make it official? Lol.

And while they were there Ben met them at the Steelers facility while continuing to agonize over whether to retire :lol:

Tennessee quarterback Josh Dobbs told ESPN he “was able to meet” Roethlisberger during his visit with the team Monday ... Texas Tech quarterback Pat Mahomes, who was also in Pittsburgh on Monday, told NFL.com that Big Ben popped in to say hello while he was watching film. Mahomes told the site meeting Roethlisberger was "the most exciting thing of the trip for me" and that he hopes to learn from him one day.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/23296/qb-prospect-josh-dobbs-meets-ben-roethlisberger-at-steelers-facility

pczach
04-07-2017, 04:17 PM
And while they were there Ben met them at the Steelers facility while continuing to agonize over whether to retire :lol:

Tennessee quarterback Josh Dobbs told ESPN he “was able to meet” Roethlisberger during his visit with the team Monday ... Texas Tech quarterback Pat Mahomes, who was also in Pittsburgh on Monday, told NFL.com that Big Ben popped in to say hello while he was watching film. Mahomes told the site meeting Roethlisberger was "the most exciting thing of the trip for me" and that he hopes to learn from him one day.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/23296/qb-prospect-josh-dobbs-meets-ben-roethlisberger-at-steelers-facility

Or.....it was completely staged by the team to complete the illusion.

Who the hell knows at this point!

86WARD
04-07-2017, 04:57 PM

Probably telling them how bad the Rooneys and Haley are.

OR

Maybe Ben realized the two are Dolts and decided to throw the Steelers a bone and comeback?

lol.

AtlantaDan
04-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Or.....it was completely staged by the team to complete the illusion.

Who the hell knows at this point!

Ben contemplating retirement before today's dramatic tweet

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/61/1a/75/611a7515e0b6adc4a5a33a44235d8da1.jpg

pczach
04-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Ben contemplating retirement before today's dramatic tweet

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/61/1a/75/611a7515e0b6adc4a5a33a44235d8da1.jpg

I think Ben was the only one that thought there was a chance he might not come back this year.

Iron Steeler
04-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Still should draft a qb in the first 3 rounds

WCSteeler
04-07-2017, 08:14 PM
Still should draft a qb in the first 3 rounds

I'd like to see 2nd round however if Mahomes is available at 30 then pull the trigger, the defense is stout already and the draft is deep with talent.

BurghBoy412
04-07-2017, 08:22 PM
No way he was leaving $18 million on the table.

steelerdude15
04-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Its great to hear that he is coming back. This might be the last year we get to see him play so lets enjoy him as much as we can.

tube517
04-07-2017, 10:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C81fjwNU0AATUax.jpg:large :lol: Boz

Born2Steel
04-07-2017, 10:25 PM

He knows you Boz. He's the guy walking around shaking EVERYONE'S hand during warmups. He makes it his job to know you. BTW, his real name is not #7. That was the mule on 'Grizzly Adams'.

salamander
04-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Glad he's committed for this season. With that said, I'm on board with drafting his replacement sooner rather than later.

Butch
04-07-2017, 11:15 PM

If you really want to get them interested in playing in Pittsburgh you should bring introduce them to James in the middle of one of his workout sessions.

fansince'76
04-08-2017, 02:38 AM
And yet I'm sure he'll continue to catch shit for being a "drama queen."

If he winds up flipping this fanbase the bird after he retires a la Bradshaw, I will completely understand and I also think it will be largely well-deserved. The irony here is that his most vocal critics among the Steelers faithful won't, and further, will be completely indignant about it.

86WARD
04-08-2017, 03:33 AM
Why would he flip the fan base the bird? I think the Steelers fan base has been pretty supportive to Ben...

BlackAndGold
04-08-2017, 05:05 AM

Boz is a funny guy.

50yearsafan
04-09-2017, 12:00 AM
The Steelers need to find a long tern starter quickly.

smokin3000gt
04-09-2017, 01:23 AM
I'm surprised that it's come to this, this quickly. I figured he had 3-5 years left depending on whether he stayed on healthy. Didn't expect him be ready to throw the towel in so quickly. I know he's had many years in the league but I thought he was a competitor like Brady. Instead he's about to take his ball and go home. At this point I don't think he'll stick around long enough to develop our next man even if we got him in this draft..

polamalubeast
04-10-2017, 05:19 PM
No way he was leaving $18 million on the table.

This

Unless Ben has a big decline, I think Roethlisberger will at least play the rest of his contract(3 more years), even if it's possible that Roethlisberger is thinking of retirement at every off-season now.

FrancoLambert
04-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Why would he flip the fan base the bird? I think the Steelers fan base has been pretty supportive to Ben...

You mean the fan base that defended him time and time again for immature and reckless behavior. Which, for the team's and his own sake, is a thing of the past.

If he gives the fanbase the bird after retiring he'll be acting just like Terry did.

Dwinsgames
04-10-2017, 06:24 PM

If he winds up flipping this fanbase the bird after he retires a la Bradshaw, I will completely understand and I also think it will be largely well-deserved. The irony here is that his most vocal critics among the Steelers faithful won't, and further, will be completely indignant about it.

not gonna happen my friend , Ashley is a local girl from Laurel right outside of New Castle in Lawrence county 45 mins from the stadium in the heart of Steelers country , while he may think some thoughts I doubt he ever airs them in public and highly doubtful he does so around the dinner table

DesertSteel
04-10-2017, 10:27 PM
not gonna happen my friend , Ashley is a local girl from Laurel right outside of New Castle in Lawrence county 45 mins from the stadium in the heart of Steelers country , while he may think some thoughts I doubt he ever airs them in public and highly doubtful he does so around the dinner table
Yeah he seems pretty tight with the Rooneys. They could've kicked him to the curb over his scandals but didn't.

steelerdude15
04-11-2017, 08:08 AM

While there are Steelers fans who do not like Ben and do not want him on the team because 'hes not good' (I don't understand how any Steelers fan can say that) or because of his past behavior off the field, most Steelers fans support Ben and are glad he's back.

Its the other 31 fanbases that do not like him.

86WARD
04-12-2017, 07:39 PM
While there are Steelers fans who do not like Ben and do not want him on the team because 'hes not good' (I don't understand how any Steelers fan can say that) or because of his past behavior off the field, most Steelers fans support Ben and are glad he's back.

Its the other 31 fanbases that do not like him.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have had "girl issues" in the past as well. Brady knocked up and then left a girl. Well,documented. Manning allegedly had a run in with a girl in a similar fashion that Ben did...no?

lipps83
04-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have had "girl issues" in the past as well. Brady knocked up and then left a girl. Well,documented. Manning allegedly had a run in with a girl in a similar fashion that Ben did...no?

Supposedly from his time at Tennessee. He put his balls on a chicks face or something. Team physician? I don't remember how all that turned out and not going to look it up right now to verify my accuracy, so just go ahead and take my word for it that I am right.

Put his balls on the team physicians face and proudly said "DEEEZ NUTZ".