PDA

View Full Version : TPOP: All Out War... Room!!!

teegre
04-06-2017, 09:12 AM
This is my latest editorial from The Point of Pittsburgh. If you are a fan of The Walking Dead, then this is right up your alley. Even if you're not a fan of TWD, it's still pretty entertaining. :nod:

Enjoy!!!

All Out War... Room!!!
by Tiger Rowan

As any NFL fan knows, once the Super Bowl is over, Sundays belong to the dead. And, I could not be happier. Second only to my love of the Steelers is my affinity for The Walking Dead. Kind of like DeAngelo Williams, who had a Walking Dead themed wedding (http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/deangelo-williams-pulls-off-walking-deadthemed-wedding-w432168). Anyway, with the conclusion of Season 7 of The Walking Dead, I can now focus all of my attention back on the NFL draft, which is less than a month away.

But while I sit here trying to type about cornerbacks and linebackers, that season finale left my brain wracking about the question: Who will be the protagonist to take down Negan? For those of you who are not TWD fans, Negan is the barbed-wire-wrapped-bat wielding antagonist who thrives by creating chaos and inflicting pain on the innocent. You know, sort of like Vontaze Burfict, only more civilized.

Anyway, instead of trying to ignore my urge to discuss all things dead, I decided to meld my two favorite topics together. So, with no further ado, I present to you my analysis of the possible first-round picks by the Steelers as they relate to the characters in TWD who are most likely to take Negan out.

Read more:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/all-out-war-room-who-steelers-may-take-in-1st-based-on-twd/

Feel free to pass the link on to any Steelers and/or Walking Dead fans.

pczach
04-06-2017, 11:30 AM
That was awesome teeg! Maybe your best work yet.

A lot of thought went into those scenarios that you blended with the show. I'm not a huge fan like you, but I know enough to understand the characters and the thinking behind it. Great work....and very funny! Well done my friend.

:lol:

Born2Steel
04-06-2017, 11:32 AM
Damn! That was a fun read. So long as we don't end up with Judith, I could be happy with most of those.

teegre
04-06-2017, 12:11 PM
That was awesome teeg! Maybe your best work yet.

A lot of thought went into those scenarios that you blended with the show. I'm not a huge fan like you, but I know enough to understand the characters and the thinking behind it. Great work....and very funny! Well done my friend.

It's funny. A few weeks back, my wife & I were discussing how Eugene was the dark horse (to take out Negan) and that very same day, on this site, we were all discussing Jabrill Peppers being a dark horse (to be drafted at 30).

Boom!!! Idea set in motion. :hatsoff:

(btw: Thank you for the kind words.)

teegre
04-06-2017, 12:17 PM
So long as we don't end up with Judith,

I almost included a Rosita allegory (man she bugs me) to drafting a punter. :lol:

(Thanks, fellow TWD fan!!!)

BengalGirl5150
04-06-2017, 06:24 PM
omg did u SERIOUSLY just compare Vontaze to Negan??? I know ur a huge TWD fan but that's a real bad analogy, our guys may be singled out for their reputation, but u know what Negan actually KILLS PEOPLE!

Very disrespectful but what do you expect from a bunch of pissburgh creeps. Well, we'll see you in Sept. & then we'll see who has the last laugh!

PS - If u call yourself a "writer," I bet Judith could write a better article than u! LOL!

polamalubeast
04-06-2017, 06:29 PM
Wake me when the Bengals will win a playoff game with Marvin Lewis........

Shoes
04-06-2017, 06:56 PM
Wow, really great work TR and a lot of it.

BurghBoy412
04-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Excellent!! I'm hoping for Morgan or Eugene.

teegre
04-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Wow, really great work TR and a lot of it.

Thanks, brother. (Sometimes the words just flow.)

pczach
04-06-2017, 08:40 PM
omg did u SERIOUSLY just compare Vontaze to Negan??? I know ur a huge TWD fan but that's a real bad analogy, our guys may be singled out for their reputation, but u know what Negan actually KILLS PEOPLE!

Very disrespectful but what do you expect from a bunch of pissburgh creeps. Well, we'll see you in Sept. & then we'll see who has the last laugh!

PS - If u call yourself a "writer," I bet Judith could write a better article than u! LOL!

Yes.....yes he did compare Burfict to a fictional character. You do know Negan isn't real......right? So he doesn't actually kill people.....?

Just another IQ test failed by another Bungles idiot crossing over to try to see how the winning side lives.

I bet you're going to continue to be an unhappy, annoying, and bitter person the rest of your life.

Stay at your own message boards with your own fans and enjoy the misery together. WHO DEY???? :rofl2:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYVbKgHUoAAC1sw.jpg

teegre
04-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Excellent!! I'm hoping for Morgan or Eugene.

I knew you'd like the Peppers -er- Eugene pick. :wink02:

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
04-07-2017, 12:02 AM
Great analogy Teegre and love TWD too but like Ben think both are on there last year and ran the course. That said thanks and a good read. Ps. I want Mahomes or Peppers at 30 and a few others I wouldn't be disappointed in either.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps Peppers is going to be a big star in this league and it's in him. He's no Eugene lol.

Born2Steel
04-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Ok. Read, thought about, reread, thought some more. Still awesome article. I just gotta know though. Who's Dwight in this analogy?

teegre
04-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Who's Dwight in this analogy?

You know... at first I had Dwight in there, but I could not figure out a draft pick that fit for him. Eugene kind of stole that role (the guy that no one thought of).

Honestly, Dwight is probably Martavis Bryant.

Bryant is not a draft pick, but he could be seen as an "addition" (since we didn't have him last season). I mean, Dwight and Bryant are both already there, and we've sort of forgotten about them (differently than Eugene/draft pick), but they sure as hell could alter the upcoming season.

Born2Steel
04-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Bryant or Golson? Both could easily be done, or heroes.

teegre
04-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Bryant or Golson? Both could easily be done, or heroes.

Good point. :nod:

Who would Christian McCaffrey be???

Born2Steel
04-07-2017, 02:35 PM
Good point. :nod:

Who would Christian McCaffrey be???

JERRY!!!!

teegre
04-07-2017, 02:41 PM
JERRY!!!!

:rofl2: WINNER!!! :rofl2:

teegre
04-07-2017, 09:41 PM
It looks like I should have used Derek Rivers as my picture (for Daryl Dixon). The Steelers met with him FOUR different times:
-Senior Bowl
-Combine
-Pro day
-Visited Pittsburgh

I was right to use Pat Mahomes (for Rick Grimes), seeing as how the Steelers met with him three times:
-Combine
-Pro day
-Visited Pittsburgh

Takk McKinley, Cameron Sutton, and Chris Godwin also met with the Steelers three times (although, Godwin will NOT be the pick at 30).

Everyone else has a maximum of two meetings.

Born2Steel
04-07-2017, 10:05 PM
It looks like I should have used Derek Rivers as my picture (for Daryl Dixon). The Steelers met with him FOUR different times:
-Senior Bowl
-Combine
-Pro day
-Visited Pittsburgh

I was right to use Pat Mahomes (for Rick Grimes), seeing as how the Steelers met with him three times:
-Combine
-Pro day
-Visited Pittsburgh

Takk McKinley, Cameron Sutton, and Chris Godwin also met with the Steelers three times (although, Godwin will NOT be the pick at 30).

Everyone else has a maximum of two meetings.

Feeling confident Sutton is destined to be a steeler. Just feels right.

teegre
04-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Feeling confident Sutton is destined to be a steeler. Just feels right.

To me, based on the meetings:

It's iMahomes if he's there... then, Rivers... with Sutton being the dark horse.

Born2Steel
04-07-2017, 10:41 PM
To me, based on the meetings:

It's iMahomes if he's there... then, Rivers... with Sutton being the dark horse.

I keep feeling like all the QB stuff is "drafting practice". Learning how to grade QBs and such. Derek Rivers is a good choice at 30. Not great, IMO, but a good OLB if certain others are not there. I keep thinking Sutton in the 2nd round. I think if we go CB in the first round it will be Tra White(LSU pro day had Tomlin, Colbert, and Lake). I don't think they're holding their breath on Fournette.

So maybe something like; RD1 Rivers, RD2 Sutton...or RD1 White, RD2 Rivers/Willis/Lawson. All these edge guys, some have to fall to 62.

teegre
04-08-2017, 09:18 AM
I keep feeling like all the QB stuff is "drafting practice". Learning how to grade QBs and such. Derek Rivers is a good choice at 30. Not great, IMO, but a good OLB if certain others are not there. I keep thinking Sutton in the 2nd round. I think if we go CB in the first round it will be Tra White(LSU pro day had Tomlin, Colbert, and Lake). I don't think they're holding their breath on Fournette.

So maybe something like; RD1 Rivers, RD2 Sutton...or RD1 White, RD2 Rivers/Willis/Lawson. All these edge guys, some have to fall to 62.

I keep trying to figure out this R1 pick. Most years, I have some sort of clue, but this year, it really could be any number of players.

That said, Tomlin finds his guy, and locks in on him... and, most times, it's pretty obvious who it is (especially when Bruce Arians was telling Ed Bouchette, who printed it for everyone to see).

2007: It was Revis (and so, the Jets stole him away).

2008: It was Brandon Albert (and so, the Chiefs stole him away).

2009: (not obvious)

2010: It was either going to be Earl Thomas or Maurkice Pouncey.

2011: It was going to be Mike Pouncey or a DE. Tomlin gushed about JJ Watt at his pro day, and Watt went 11th (he still wouldn't have made it to 31, but maybe the 20s). More importantly, the Steelers had a trade in place for Mike Pouncey... but, the Dolphins kept him for themselves.

2012: It was DD or Hightower.

...et cetera...

The point is that Derek Rivers seems to be the guy that Tomlin has locked in on (via four meetings). But, since there won't be other QBs available in R2 (there's only one Mahomes), I could see the rationale where Tomlin takes Mahomes at 30 if he's there (three meetings with Mahomes suggests that he, too, is Tomlin's guy).

What's funny is, despite being called a poker player, Tomlin doesn't have a poker face.

Born2Steel
04-08-2017, 09:56 AM
If Mahomes does fall to 30, and Tomlin drafts him, how many SU heads explode? :Cry:

teegre
04-08-2017, 10:10 AM
If Mahomes does fall to 30, and Tomlin drafts him, how many SU heads explode? :Cry:

Honestly, not many.

Using the TWD analogy: everyone loves Daryl (OLB), but deep down we all know that the show is nothing without Rick Grimes (QB).

Born2Steel
04-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Honestly, not many.

Using the TWD analogy: everyone loves Daryl (OLB), but deep down we all know that the show is nothing without Rick Grimes (QB).

Guess that's true. I don't think Mahomes falls to 30 this draft. I think he will get selected ahead of Kizer and maybe Watson. The Steelers have also met with Brad Kaaya at his pro day and brought him in for a private meeting. Don't know if they met with Kaaya at the combine, but I would assume they did. Kaaya may be there as late as the 3rd round. Do you see the Steelers serious enough about drafting a QB that they take Kaaya if there in the 3rd? They also brought in Josh Dobbs and Nathan Peterman. Both of those could be 3rd round picks as well.

teegre
04-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Guess that's true. I don't think Mahomes falls to 30 this draft. I think he will get selected ahead of Kizer and maybe Watson. The Steelers have also met with Brad Kaaya at his pro day and brought him in for a private meeting. Don't know if they met with Kaaya at the combine, but I would assume they did. Kaaya may be there as late as the 3rd round. Do you see the Steelers serious enough about drafting a QB that they take Kaaya if there in the 3rd? They also brought in Josh Dobbs and Nathan Peterman. Both of those could be 3rd round picks as well.

Agreed: I'm starting to think that Mahomes makes one of those late-in-the-process types of surges, and goes very early (top 10???) in the draft. The Steelers-centric cynic in me says it will be because Tomlin met with him three times, and thus, everyone else is now suddenly interested, as well.

So, that means it'll be Rivers... unless, you know, someone takes him ahead of us (again). In which case, Sutton then becomes the front-runner.

KAAYA:
The Steelers met with him at the combine AND at his pro day (did they have dinner?). So, he's absolutely in consideration.

As far as talent goes, he's an enigma. He does well when he has talent around him and/or time to make throws... which can be said about any QB.

Using the WVU game as an allegory (I like allegories :lol: ), the Mountaineers sort of baffled him for a half (rookie, second, & third years in the NFL trying to figure out pro defensive schemes). Then, in the second half, Kaaya figured it out, and lit them up (year four & on when he "gets" it).

Born2Steel
04-08-2017, 12:47 PM
I find no mention of dinner.

I just don't know about the QBs this draft. Now Ben has promised to return, and Jones has gotten a 2 year extension, how much do they reach? I agree that if the Steelers do draft a QB this year, it will most likely be either Mahomes or Kaaya. Just too much energy put into those 2 for it to be only smoke. But if we're looking at it from the 'win now' angle, It's most likely pass rush and secondary early. Quality depth in the middle of the D. Another pass catcher and quality depth at RB. The rest is luxury.

So....Daryl, Carol, Eugene, Michonne, Morgan, or maybe 'JERRY!!!'. Just really doubt it's Rick. This time.

BurghBoy412
04-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Agreed: I'm starting to think that Mahomes makes one of those late-in-the-process types of surges, and goes very early (top 10???) in the draft. The Steelers-centric cynic in me says it will be because Tomlin met with him three times, and thus, everyone else is now suddenly interested, as well.

So, that means it'll be Rivers... unless, you know, someone takes him ahead of us (again). In which case, Sutton then becomes the front-runner.

KAAYA:
The Steelers met with him at the combine AND at his pro day (did they have dinner?). So, he's absolutely in consideration.

As far as talent goes, he's an enigma. He does well when he has talent around him and/or time to make throws... which can be said about any QB.

Using the WVU game as an allegory (I like allegories [emoji38] ), the Mountaineers sort of baffled him for a half (rookie, second, & third years in the NFL trying to figure out pro defensive schemes). Then, in the second half, Kaaya figured it out, and lit them up (year four & on when he "gets" it).
I'd much rather have Tre White than Cam Sutton if we take a CAB rd 1

teegre
04-08-2017, 01:32 PM
So....Daryl, Carol, Eugene, Michonne, Morgan, or maybe 'JERRY!!!'. Just really doubt it's Rick. This time.

If Pat Mahomes/Rick Grimes is there at 30, I truly doubt they'll pass on him. As you mentioned, too many meetings with the kid to just be smokescreen.

But, if he's already gone, then it could indeed be anybody (although, Tomlin seems to be waving a banner withDerek Rivers name on it).

- - - Updated - - -

I'd much rather have Tre White than Cam Sutton if we take a CAB rd 1

LSU does produce a ton of good DBs. I'd have no problem with him, and Tomlin, Colbert, & Lake were at his pro day.

That said, three meetings with Sutton is a huge signal.

st33lersguy
04-08-2017, 02:14 PM

Probably still butthurt over finishing 6-9-1 and getting eliminated from playoff contention by the Steelers. Enjoy continued mediocrity with Marvin Lewis

st33lersguy
04-08-2017, 02:24 PM
I know I'm quoting another show here, but you want to draft someone who IS the danger, on the football field

teegre
04-08-2017, 02:55 PM
I know I'm quoting another show here, but you want to draft someone who IS the danger, on the football field

"I am the one who knocks... down quarterbacks!!!"

You know what, after re-watching "Better Call Saul" this week, specifically S1Ep6 (Mike's backstory), I hate Walter White. :mad: He ruined everything for everyone.

Let's draft Gus Fring, but tell him to shoot Heisenberg on sight. Then, he'd take down the Mexican cartel/New England Taperiots, and be the undisputed drug czar/win multiple championships.

Now... which player is Gus Fring???

st33lersguy
04-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Now... which player is Gus Fring???

Probably a QB (the guy in charge), particularly a guy who is careful and calculating (I don't think Mahomes gunslinger attitude meshes with Fring's carefulness), or maybe a smart DB who diagnoses the play and doesn't gamble a lot

teegre
04-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Probably a QB (the guy in charge), particularly a guy who is careful and calculating (I don't think Mahomes gunslinger attitude meshes with Fring's carefulness), or maybe a smart DB who diagnoses the play and doesn't gamble a lot

Or, maybe a leader on the defense, a guy to get everyone in the right position: like Ryan Clark and/or James Farrior used to do.

So... Melifonwu, Baker, Peppers, or maybe Reddick, Davis.

Born2Steel
04-14-2017, 10:24 PM
It just occurred to me. The zombie apocalypse starts with the Browns. The team was dead, then it came back. Now they're still dead, but moving.

Texasteel
04-15-2017, 07:47 AM
It just occurred to me. The zombie apocalypse starts with the Browns. The team was dead, then it came back. Now they're still dead, but moving.

I hope the zombie apocalypse will be like the Browns. They make a lot of noise from time to time, but don't really hurt to many people.

teegre
04-15-2017, 07:53 AM

:applaudit:

The Chargers are Gregory: despite all of their (supposed) talents, they couldn't kill the Browns/a zombie.