PDA

View Full Version : Chad Reuter peruses our board!!!

teegre
03-30-2017, 10:22 PM
Chad Reuter has a pretty smart draft. Smart because it's all guys that the Steelers have met with (T&C) and/or guy that we have discussed (SU).

R1: Taco Charlton, OLB, Michigan (T&C)
R2: Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan (T&C)
R3: Damontae Kazee, CB, SDSU (SU)
R3: Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma (SU)
R4: Marlon Mack, RB, South Florida (SU) (T&C)
R5: Ejuan Price, OLB, Pitt (SU) (T&C)

I've said it before... a lot of talking heads read our posts.

steelreserve
03-31-2017, 10:25 AM
Surely then, they all know that the Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay.

tube517
03-31-2017, 11:19 AM
I thought it said Chad Kroeger from Nickelback.

And well, Nickelback sucks.

:chuckle:

vader29
03-31-2017, 02:15 PM

I read yours as Kruger from Seinfeld.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dw5jba.jpg

Born2Steel
03-31-2017, 02:49 PM
Chad Reuter has a pretty smart draft. Smart because it's all guys that the Steelers have met with (T&C) and/or guy that we have discussed (SU).

I always start with looking at the guys I see here. Heading into this draft season, I knew very few names. Saves a lot of the initial research looking at forums, and sites that do early mocks. Of course, I'm barely a 'thinking' head, much less a 'talking' head.

fansince'76
03-31-2017, 04:15 PM

What a pear-shaped loser... :chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
03-31-2017, 06:43 PM

But have you heard their new song? I was like "Damn, this is Nickelback?!?!" It's called Feed the Machine and it's really good. One of my favorite songs right now.

pczach
03-31-2017, 07:21 PM

You know what's funny teeg? I watch analysts on tv and listen to analysts on radio.....and most of these guys don't know their ass from a whole in the ground when it comes to truly understanding the talent and the needs of teams. Most of these people make very general comments and you can tell they are relying on the opinions of others.

I know fans can be out of their minds when it comes to their teams, but a true fan of a team knows every player on the roster, and many of the strengths and weaknesses in a way that paid analysts don't. If the analysts or talking heads were to study film, they can break things down, but most of them don't really know the ins and outs of most NFL rosters.

I have heard some of the most incorrect declarations about players from people that get paid to know, but in many cases........they don't.

Some of these people really know their stuff and they are spot on about many things. Others....not so much.

I would trust the opinions of many of our fans here than the evaluations of many "experts".

teegre
03-31-2017, 07:43 PM
You know what's funny teeg? I watch analysts on tv and listen to analysts on radio.....and most of these guys don't know their ass from a whole in the ground when it comes to truly understanding the talent and the needs of teams. Most of these people make very general comments and you can tell they are relying on the opinions of others.

I know fans can be out of their minds when it comes to their teams, but a true fan of a team knows every player on the roster, and many of the strengths and weaknesses in a way that paid analysts don't. If the analysts or talking heads were to study film, they can break things down, but most of them don't really know the ins and outs of most NFL rosters.

I have heard some of the most incorrect declarations about players from people that get paid to know, but in many cases........they don't.

Some of these people really know their stuff and they are spot on about many things. Others....not so much.

I would trust the opinions of many of our fans here than the evaluations of many "experts".

You know, when you put it that way, it makes sense for the talking heads to peruse fan sites.

Kudos to Chad Reuter for listening to us. :drink:

DesertSteel
03-31-2017, 10:55 PM

K-uuuuger!

Born2Steel
04-01-2017, 04:34 PM
I also believe many in the print media do too. Too many times there are things in print that I saw here first. Recheck the dates and it was definitely on here first. I think I'll start making a list and when I get enough, I'll post them on here. Then we can put names to the perusers.

Bluecoat96
04-01-2017, 05:23 PM
We all know Jamison Hensley used to frequent SF back in the day. I love that goofy bastard.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

teegre
04-01-2017, 09:44 PM
We all know Ozzie Newsome used to frequent SF back in the day.

slight edit

Method28
04-02-2017, 12:19 PM
Ahhh you guys are on to me! Lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Born2Steel
04-03-2017, 04:35 PM
I don't think Reuter is the only one.....
Compare this mock I posted 3-24 in the 7 round mock thread to Kazora's newest Steeler mock 5.0.

My first Steeler mock without a generator. Based on visits, need, BPA, and probable availability. At this time anyway.

1. Carl Lawson OLB
2. Cameron Sutton CB
3. Nathan Peterman QB
3b. Rasul Douglas CB
4. Isaac Asiata OG/C
5. Michael Roberts TE
6. Shelton Gibson WR
7. Weston Steelhammer Safety with the coolest name in the draft.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/kozora-2017-steelers-nfl-mock-draft-version-5-0/

SteelerFanInStl
04-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Compare this mock I posted 3-24 in the 7 round mock thread to Kazora's newest Steeler mock 5.0.

My first Steeler mock without a generator. Based on visits, need, BPA, and probable availability. At this time anyway.

1. Carl Lawson OLB
2. Cameron Sutton CB
3. Nathan Peterman QB
3b. Rasul Douglas CB
4. Isaac Asiata OG/C
5. Michael Roberts TE
6. Shelton Gibson WR

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/kozora-2017-steelers-nfl-mock-draft-version-5-0/

Alex has been a member here for a long time.

Psycho Ward 86
04-03-2017, 07:02 PM

1. Carl Lawson OLB
2. Cameron Sutton CB
3. Nathan Peterman QB
3b. Rasul Douglas CB
4. Isaac Asiata OG/C
5. Michael Roberts TE
6. Shelton Gibson WR

a ton of those guys are prospects we've talked to or met with a lot...

Born2Steel
04-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Alex has been a member here for a long time.

Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

a ton of those guys are prospects we've talked to or met with a lot...

He has Kaaya, and I had Peterman is the only difference in our comp top4. Add in Roberts and that's 5 matches. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all. I actually like it when people agree with me. :dance:

Psycho Ward 86
04-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

He has Kaaya, and I had Peterman is the only difference in our comp top4. Add in Roberts and that's 5 matches. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all. I actually like it when people agree with me. :dance:

yeah i forgot we havent shown any interest in Kaaya at all in the draft process. very astute

SteelerFanInStl
04-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Nice.

Alex's username here is Chidi29. He doesn't post much any more but he used to. I bet that he still reads though.

Born2Steel
04-04-2017, 09:59 AM
yeah i forgot we havent shown any interest in Kaaya at all in the draft process. very astute

Not sure why. I know we were at Miami. Curious to intent.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03/steelers-gm-kevin-colbert-present-2017-miami-pro-day/