PDA

View Full Version : Iowa tight end George Kittle wows scouts with eye-popping performance

Shoes
03-24-2017, 11:35 PM
IOWA CITY, Iowa — One by one, the first wave of tight ends strolled into the interview room at Indianapolis Convention Center.
Some were quiet, focused or even agitated. Then there’s George Kittle, who instantly greets a pair of reporters who covered him at Iowa.
One asks, “Are you having a good time?”
“Ah, excellent,” Kittle said. “This is fun.”
To those who know him, nobody is more interesting or vibrant than Kittle. He’s positive, energetic and confident. To NFL analysts, Kittle walked into the 2017 NFL Combine as an afterthought, just another late-round prospect. He left Indianapolis as one of the nation’s highest-rising tight ends and sent analysts scurrying through video to make sure his play matched his eye-popping combine numbers.

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/2017-nfl-combine-iowa-tight-end-george-kittle-wows-scouts-historical-performance (https://www.landof10.com/iowa/2017-nfl-combine-iowa-tight-end-george-kittle-wows-scouts-historical-performance)

43Hitman
03-25-2017, 04:33 AM
I absolutely love this kid. To me, he'll be the closest thing to Heath Miller we could ever find.

BurghBoy412
03-25-2017, 12:05 PM
Hopefully he'll be wearing the same colors in the pro's!!

Texasteel
03-25-2017, 06:42 PM
I didn't what to say anything, being the sites Iowa homer, but I think Kittle will make some team very happy. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if it's us.

Craic
03-26-2017, 01:54 AM
With two third round picks, I wouldn't mind us pairing a third with a fifth and moving up to assure we can get him.

Iron Steeler
03-26-2017, 12:21 PM
So much TE talent in this draft. We would be fools not to grab one

Psycho Ward 86
03-26-2017, 04:16 PM
With two third round picks, I wouldn't mind us pairing a third with a fifth and moving up to assure we can get him.

in a draft this deep? i hope we avoid zeroing in on players when it isnt necessary

Craic
03-26-2017, 05:33 PM
in a draft this deep? i hope we avoid zeroing in on players when it isnt necessary

I completely disagree. I would rather have a short list of those players whose skills and abilities we believe will fit our scheme the best, then do what we can to get them. Just waiting for a TE to fall to us means we might be left with glorified wide receivers, blockers with hands like Ike Taylor, or projects that will take the rest of Ben's short career to develop. No thanks.