PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Bar New Orleans

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-13-2010, 11:55 PM
First time to LA and saw there were about 4 or 5 steeler bars around the French Quarter. Has anyone been to any of the bars any recommendations? Thanks!

solardave
09-14-2010, 02:52 AM
No but I'd say any Steeler bar is a good bar!

Indo
09-14-2010, 10:47 AM
They are all pretty good, but my personal favorite is Parasols---it's not in the French Quarter, though. Depending where you are staying, you will need to take a taxi or the Street car---but it's several blocks off of the Street car line (which runs up/down St. Charles)
The owner is from Pittsburgh (I believe) and it's where many of the Uptown locals go to watch the games...
It's small and can be smoky, if that matters...it bothered me, but I was there to watch the B & G...

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-15-2010, 07:41 PM
They are all pretty good, but my personal favorite is Parasols---it's not in the French Quarter, though. Depending where you are staying, you will need to take a taxi or the Street car---but it's several blocks off of the Street car line (which runs up/down St. Charles)
The owner is from Pittsburgh (I believe) and it's where many of the Uptown locals go to watch the games...
It's small and can be smoky, if that matters...it bothered me, but I was there to watch the B & G...

That place was on food networks Diners Drive in and Dives. They say they got best po'boys in town. Good food, the B&G I'm in. I'm really surprised they can smoke in bars, or do they live by the beat of their own drum.

kittenfantastico76
01-17-2011, 09:50 AM
I am so glad I read this - I am heading to NOLA for Mardi Gras this year - and while the season will be over by then [well after Super Bowl Sunday] I still want to check it out!!! Thank you for the info!

kittenfantastico76
01-17-2011, 09:51 AM
That place was on food networks Diners Drive in and Dives. They say they got best po'boys in town. Good food, the B&G I'm in. I'm really surprised they can smoke in bars, or do they live by the beat of their own drum.

Most Southern places haven't started the whole NO SMOKING in bars or have left it up to owners for the time being. Plenty of places around here are still Smoking establishments. I hate it as a non-smoker but then again I'm used to it for now.

Dick723
02-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Most Southern places haven't started the whole NO SMOKING in bars or have left it up to owners for the time being. Plenty of places around here are still Smoking establishments. I hate it as a non-smoker but then again I'm used to it for now.

But they practice no smoking here in North Carolina. This state was founded on tobacco. Home of Winston Salem NC??? I quit smoking but do find it funny you can smoke on the reservation but no where else in the state