PDA

View Full Version : 2017 NFL Draft Player Profiles: North Carolina WR Ryan Switzer

Shoes
02-27-2017, 02:08 PM
I really like this guy.. Would I take him in R3? Yes!

From now until the 2017 NFL Draft takes place, we hope to showcase as many prospects as possible and examine both their strengths and weaknesses. Most of these profiles will feature individuals that the Pittsburgh Steelers are likely to have an interest in, while a few others will be top-ranked players. If there is a player you would like us to analyze, let us know in the comments below.
#3 Ryan Switzer / WR / North Carolina: 5’9” 179lbs

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02/2017-nfl-draft-player-profiles-north-carolina-wr-ryan-switzer/

Psycho Ward 86
02-27-2017, 03:40 PM
where's his path to playing time?

Mojouw
02-27-2017, 03:54 PM
So in the scenario where we take Switzer, Ayers and Eli Rogers got murdered?

Shoes
02-27-2017, 04:47 PM
where's his path to playing time?

He'll be more productive than Wheaton & Coates combined

Mojouw
02-27-2017, 04:58 PM

That may be true. But do we really want to recreate the Smurfs? That would put most of the Steelers WRs in the barely big enough to play in the NFL category.

Who knows? A bunch of small shifty dudes might work out really really well. But I would be worried about the lack of size with Rogers, Ayers, and Switzer. Leaving aside that AB isn't that big himself...

Shoes
02-27-2017, 05:03 PM
That may be true. But do we really want to recreate the Smurfs? That would put most of the Steelers WRs in the barely big enough to play in the NFL category.

Who knows? A bunch of small shifty dudes might work out really really well. But I would be worried about the lack of size with Rogers, Ayers, and Switzer. Leaving aside that AB isn't that big himself...

Size is overated, Brady proves that every year.

Method28
02-27-2017, 05:12 PM
Im good with Brown, Bryant, Rodgers, Coates and Switzer (Hamilton is they wish to carry 6 wrs)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Psycho Ward 86
02-27-2017, 06:13 PM

That doesnt answer the question. Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and Leveon Bell are every-down players. Eli Rogers played really well as our slot receiver and that was only his rookie season. Ayers is a slot receiver who was trusted with some targets despite barely being on the regular season roster. Coates was on pace for over 1300 yards before he broke his fingers. Even with Coates out of the equation, wheres his path to playing time? i think 7 punt return TD's is astonishing, but a 3rd round pick is a heavy price to pay for a return man who wont be able to play much for our offense

Shoes
02-27-2017, 06:42 PM
That doesnt answer the question. Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and Leveon Bell are every-down players. Eli Rogers played really well as our slot receiver and that was only his rookie season. Ayers is a slot receiver who was trusted with some targets despite barely being on the regular season roster. Coates was on pace for over 1300 yards before he broke his fingers. Even with Coates out of the equation, wheres his path to playing time? i think 7 punt return TD's is astonishing, but a 3rd round pick is a heavy price to pay for a return man who wont be able to play much for our offense

Your probably right, he'll go to NE and carry on the Welker & Edelman tradition.

pczach
02-27-2017, 06:43 PM

In what system? At which wide receiver position?

What is it about him that makes you think he'll be more productive than Wheaton and Coates combined?

Frankly, I just don't see it. He's very small, and I don't see him getting much bigger while retaining his quickness. I like the kid, but he doesn't feel like he can be a big time player in the NFL to me. He may find a spot as a slot receiver and make some plays, but I just don't see him as an every down player.

st33lersguy
02-27-2017, 06:48 PM
Depth chart is pretty much full though

Psycho Ward 86
02-27-2017, 07:33 PM
Your probably right, he'll go to NE and carry on the Welker & Edelman tradition.

probably has Wes Welker/Julian Edelman/Cole Beasley comparisons lined up left and right on scouting reports :lol:

BurghBoy412
02-28-2017, 06:59 PM
How about Amba Etta-Tawo from Syracuse? Deep threat with great hands. Stretch out those opposing D's

Born2Steel
02-28-2017, 10:11 PM
Our WR corps is disappointing. Other than AB that is. Wheaton has not progressed and spent this season on IR, Bryant was unavailable, Coates was injured and less productive than advertised, Rogers, Ayers, and Hamilton played well for a minute, but failed miserably on the big stage. I'm pretty ok with blowing them up and getting some fresh guys in here. I am all for second chances but this is very disappointing. I think maybe a couple heads roll and let the others know it's either produce consistently or hit the road. No time for developing WRs.

BurghBoy412
03-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Fish Smithson CB Kansas