PDA

View Full Version : Agent: James Harrison Looking For 2-Year Contract

Shoes
02-22-2017, 09:32 PM
What do you think? If the price is reasonable, I say yes.

You may have read on here yesterday that James Harrison’s agent, Bill Parise, confirmed what we already knew all along, that his client wishes to return to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2017. But the veteran agent added to that minor revelation with a slightly more significant one: Harrison wants a two-year deal (http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18743131/james-harrison-38-seeks-two-year-deal-agent-says).

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02/agent-james-harrison-looking-2-year-contract/

fansince'76
02-22-2017, 09:43 PM
His leadership on an otherwise very young defense alone is worth a 2-year deal.

I'm giving Harrison the benefit of the doubt and am assuming that his asking price will be reasonable.

Shoes
02-22-2017, 09:53 PM
His leadership on an otherwise very young defense alone is worth a 2-year deal.

I'm giving Harrison the benefit of the doubt and am assuming that his asking price will be reasonable.

Agreed!

teegre
02-22-2017, 10:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhI88tg1Gqg&app=desktop

st33lersguy
02-22-2017, 10:13 PM
For what he has done, two years is not too much to ask for

salamander
02-22-2017, 10:39 PM
He's still an effective veteran leader. I say, pay the man!

Devilsdancefloor
02-22-2017, 10:41 PM
Give it too him the D was Totally different when he started vs just playing part time

Born2Steel
02-23-2017, 07:48 AM
This is so different from the last thread about bringing James Harrison back. :rofl2:

tube517
02-23-2017, 07:53 AM
This is so different from the last thread about bringing James Harrison back. :rofl2:

Yeah, you ain't kidding...:lol:

I'd bring him back easily. He's fired up to get that 3rd ring and he knows Ben's time is limited.

pczach
02-23-2017, 08:06 AM
If he doesn't ask for too much money, sure.

Last time he asked for too much money and his pride hurt him. He ended up in Cincinnati, played at a position and in a system that didn't fit his strengths, and he was miserable.

Let's hope they can work out a fair deal for everyone and see him retire a Steeler with another ring or two.

Psycho Ward 86
02-23-2017, 12:46 PM

Last time he asked for too much money and his pride hurt him. He ended up in Cincinnati, played at a position and in a system that didn't fit his strengths, and he was miserable.

Let's hope they can work out a fair deal for everyone and see him retire a Steeler with another ring or two.

i feel like neither side wants that to happen again.

2 years, $7 million with $3 million guaranteed is my prediction

steelreserve
02-23-2017, 04:23 PM

I don't think he'll be asking for much. He was only making like $1.5 million last year.

The issue that led to his going to Cincinnati was not really "asking" for too much money, it's that he was already on a large contract, we demanded he take a big pay cut in the final year, and he said no. If I remember right, the pay cut was huge, something like $5-6 million in base salary. Of course, he ended up with even less money as a result of that, but he wasn't wrong that he could still play at a high level.

At any rate, I really hope we can have him back, and it would be nothing short of mind-boggling to see him still getting after quarterbacks at age 40.

ALLD
02-23-2017, 05:00 PM
He still wants to get into the HoF. Pay the man.

86WARD
02-23-2017, 05:17 PM
Even at an "unreasonable" price, his leadership and attitude is worth it. Let's not forget what a mess this defense was without him and how it was when he arrived. Night and day.

steelreserve
02-23-2017, 06:07 PM
Even at an "unreasonable" price, his leadership and attitude is worth it. Let's not forget what a mess this defense was without him and how it was when he arrived. Night and day.

You could pay him just for that and have him sit on the bench for all 16 games and it would probably be worth it. Except that if you paid him to do that, he'd force his way into the starting lineup anyway.

Born2Steel
02-23-2017, 06:12 PM
James Harrison gives this young defense identity and personality. He is the face of that defense. What is the question again?

pczach
02-23-2017, 07:28 PM
I don't think he'll be asking for much. He was only making like $1.5 million last year.

The issue that led to his going to Cincinnati was not really "asking" for too much money, it's that he was already on a large contract, we demanded he take a big pay cut in the final year, and he said no. If I remember right, the pay cut was huge, something like $5-6 million in base salary. Of course, he ended up with even less money as a result of that, but he wasn't wrong that he could still play at a high level.

At any rate, I really hope we can have him back, and it would be nothing short of mind-boggling to see him still getting after quarterbacks at age 40.

You're right. They asked him to take a pay cut, but he refused. I should have said that in my post.

My point was that he overvalued what he was worth on the open market. His play had diminished, and his skills work best in the defensive system that the Steelers run. He ended up getting less money than he got here, plus suffered a severe blow to his pride and his market value when he didn't perform in the Bengals' defensive scheme and the role he played.

The team and the player belong together.

steelreserve
02-24-2017, 12:58 PM
My point was that he overvalued what he was worth on the open market. His play had diminished, and his skills work best in the defensive system that the Steelers run. He ended up getting less money than he got here, plus suffered a severe blow to his pride and his market value when he didn't perform in the Bengals' defensive scheme and the role he played.

That's a better way of putting it. Yeah, that kind of sucked for him; I mean, if there was one guy who earned every penny of his big contract, Harrison was it, but he got screwed out of the last year of it because he wasn't protected from the open-market valuation that minute ... meanwhile we paid full freight for guys like lard-ass Woodley and out-of-service Willie Colon to sit on their asses because we screwed up the cap structure on their big contracts. I mean, that would rub anyone the wrong way.

I think in the entire past 4 years of his career, plus whatever he makes from the next two, Harrison will still be lucky to break even with the amount he was supposed to make on the final year of his previous contract.

WCSteeler
02-28-2017, 11:49 AM
Shouldn't even be a question, his journeyman status is worth the money alone not to mention he was the most effective LB the Steelers had last year

ALLD
02-28-2017, 03:07 PM
You're right. They asked him to take a pay cut, but he refused. I should have said that in my post.

The team and the player belong together.

It's not always about the money to every player. A lot of the elite players would play for free. They get paid to practice.

tube517
03-01-2017, 01:02 PM
DONE.

2 years for Deebo.

jhharrison92Two more years Here We Go #steelersnation

p/BRGzPJogy04

WCSteeler
03-01-2017, 02:07 PM
That's awesome news, the ageless wonder

teegre
03-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Wait... what does that mean for Jarvis Jones???

Shoes
03-01-2017, 02:23 PM

...pass the sunflower seed bag.

Great news, good for the team & James. I like it!

Big news out of Pittsburgh. ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting the Pittsburgh Steelers have re-signed James Harrison to a two year deal worth $3.5 million.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03/schefter-steelers-re-sign-james-harrison-two-year-deal/

teegre
03-01-2017, 02:33 PM
...pass the sunflower seed bag.

"Uh, yeah... Jarvis is it?... my meatball sandwich didn't have any onions on it..."

86WARD
03-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Great news. Money well spent!!

Rotorhead
03-01-2017, 02:46 PM
Great news, now lets go get him that final ring (or 2) before he retires for good!

tube517
03-01-2017, 03:04 PM

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-da32ebcb4b0a23f0d2a505e91535acaf-c On to Tennessee... :chuckle:

Born2Steel
03-01-2017, 03:10 PM
https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-da32ebcb4b0a23f0d2a505e91535acaf-c On to Tennessee... :chuckle:

He would probably thrive at TN.

st33lersguy
03-01-2017, 03:10 PM

Or Arizona with Arians

teegre
03-01-2017, 03:57 PM
https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-da32ebcb4b0a23f0d2a505e91535acaf-c

To derail this thread even further (LOL), that was the best line/Easter egg of the N.W.A biopic "Straight Outta Compton", when they kick the girl out of the hotel room and say: "Bye, Felicia."