PDA

View Full Version : Beachum's option declined should Pittsburgh be interested

awe1028
02-16-2017, 03:57 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02/report-jaguars-decide-picking-option-t-kelvin-beachum/

He would be the perfect backup at Left Tackle. Does it make sense to even explore bringing him back.

tube517
02-16-2017, 04:03 PM
When he became a free agent last year, the Jets, Ratbirds and Bitch Pigeons showed interest as well.

Would love to have him back but I'm sure he'll get offered alot of money somewhere else.

st33lersguy
02-16-2017, 04:03 PM
Depends on his health. If his health checks out bring him back

Steeldude
02-16-2017, 06:15 PM
They don't need him. Money can be spent better elsewhere.

Count Steeler
02-16-2017, 06:16 PM
Extremely versatile. He has played almost every position along the line. Great upgrade over the Goose.

SteelerFanInStl
02-16-2017, 06:19 PM
I don't think that we really have room on the roster for him. AV is going to be the starter at LT and we drafted Hawkins last year. If he's healthy this year, he'll be the swing tackle.

Psycho Ward 86
02-16-2017, 10:13 PM
i dont know who would be dumber for trying to re-sign him: us, or Beachum. Beachum is a damn good LT, perhaps the most underrated in the league. No reason for him to go anywhere that isnt all but guaranteeing him a starting job.

i was somewhat skeptical, but Villanueva has proved letting him walk was the right move. He started off shaky, but after a couple games, Villanueva was unstoppable, and even better than Beachum ever was. I still wish Beachum the best of luck, he's having one hell of a career for a 7th round pick

Lady Steel
02-17-2017, 05:39 PM
No, thank you!

86WARD
02-18-2017, 08:44 AM
I don't think so. Do they really need him?

awe1028
02-19-2017, 06:07 PM
I don't think so. Do they really need him?

Who is the back up LT right now?

Psycho Ward 86
02-19-2017, 06:09 PM
Who is the back up LT right now?

Chris Hubbard, Ryan Harris, Jerald Hawkins. Why would you want to pay a quality starting LT to be a back up. We could have a parking cone as a backup LT and we still shouldnt get Beachum back

Mojouw
02-19-2017, 06:34 PM
As always, if the money is right, sure. Why not? But Hawkins is likely to be the swing tackle this year for rookie deal money. It likely isn't even possible to pay Beachum that little without violating the CBA!

steelreserve
02-20-2017, 01:46 PM
Chris Hubbard, Ryan Harris, Jerald Hawkins. Why would you want to pay a quality starting LT to be a back up. We could have a parking cone as a backup LT and we still shouldnt get Beachum back

As always, if the money is right, sure. Why not? But Hawkins is likely to be the swing tackle this year for rookie deal money. It likely isn't even possible to pay Beachum that little without violating the CBA!

Yeah, the most important thing we have working in our favor is Mike Munchak. Even more important than helping our most talented players live up to their potential, he's taken the less-talented players and turned them into serviceable linemen.

Before he came along, we'd have broken the bank for Beachum who would be just so-so but we paid anyway because we didn't have any other options, Villanueva would still be a project player with "potential" who wasn't panning out, and Hubbard/Harris/Hawkins would have never even dressed for a game. Instead, we have players actually ... developing, like they say all the time about "player development." Forget Beachum, if we just took whatever money we were going to pay him and gave it to Munchak, it'd be a better investment.

Now, if it was simply a question of "take Beachum or leave him" with no other considerations, then hell yeah, he'd be great to have on the team. But it just doesn't make sense unless we got a bargain that was literally insane.

ALLD
02-20-2017, 04:15 PM
I don't think Beech is healthy.