PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notes: Reed sets record but misses kick

LLT
09-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Steelers notes: Reed sets record but misses kick
By: Andrew Chiappazzi
Beaver County Times

REED’S RECORD AND REGRET
Jeff Reed’s day started with a record. It ended with his teammates bailing him out in overtime.
Reed missed a 40-yard field goal with seconds remaining in the fourth quarter that could have given the Steelers’ a win in regulation.

Read More:
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1424/2010/september/12/steelers-notes-reed-sets-record-but-misses-kick.html

HometownGal
09-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Hey - he's going to miss a few every season - most PK's do. I'm sure his teammates busted his chops in the LR after the game for causing the game to go into OT. :heh:

All I can say is - - thank God for Mendy yesterday. :applaudit:

Merchant
09-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Hopefully he responds the same way he did last season after he missed those two kicks in the Bears game - and this time we came away with a win.

salamander
09-13-2010, 04:29 PM
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here - he was kicking into the open part of the stadium (at least I'm pretty sure he was) so maybe the wind picked up at the last possible second. :chuckle:

ALLD
09-13-2010, 05:55 PM
He should buy Mendy a new watch.

Woodson_DownUnder
09-13-2010, 06:23 PM
I attended my first Steelers game in person yesterday having travelled via Europe from Australia and wasn't fazed with the missed FG's because JR has got the Steelers over the line more time than not and there is a balance to be had... had TOTAL FAITH the Steelers would RISE to the challenge in the clutch (OT) even after Atlanta won the coin toss.

Atlanta O-line kept them in the game and full credit to them but at the same time the mighty Steeler D did a great job keeping the Falcons out of the endzone... funnily enough the Offense which has come under lots scrutiny without Big Ben, responded accordingly...

As Al Bundy says... Let's Rock!!

:rockon:

The running game with a so-so O-line (Starks injured) come up HUGE!! Did anyone realise #85 David Johnstone's duel blocks plus Heath Miller's impact on that gamebreaking play? Look at the reply slow-mo. Merril Hoge revealed the raw POWER this morning.

So that so-so O-line without Max Starks can do enough to bring the plays out of Menders.

I'm so happy to have drafted Menders in the fantasy draft!! see, JR gets that FG and I suffer!

This game was the third game in NFL history decided by a the only TD in a game decided in OT.

Chidi29
09-13-2010, 06:53 PM
I still think Warren's poor snap didn't help Reed. He should get some of the blame.

GoSlash27
09-13-2010, 07:19 PM
I still have complete faith in Jeff Reed. He nailed the 52 and came gnat's ass close to a 55. He's entitled to miss a 40 yarder after all that.

X-Terminator
09-13-2010, 07:40 PM
I attended my first Steelers game in person yesterday having travelled via Europe from Australia and wasn't fazed with the missed FG's because JR has got the Steelers over the line more time than not and there is a balance to be had... had TOTAL FAITH the Steelers would RISE to the challenge in the clutch (OT) even after Atlanta won the coin toss.

Atlanta O-line kept them in the game and full credit to them but at the same time the mighty Steeler D did a great job keeping the Falcons out of the endzone... funnily enough the Offense which has come under lots scrutiny without Big Ben, responded accordingly...

As Al Bundy says... Let's Rock!!

:rockon:

The running game with a so-so O-line (Starks injured) come up HUGE!! Did anyone realise #85 David Johnstone's duel blocks plus Heath Miller's impact on that gamebreaking play? Look at the reply slow-mo. Merril Hoge revealed the raw POWER this morning.

So that so-so O-line without Max Starks can do enough to bring the plays out of Menders.

I'm so happy to have drafted Menders in the fantasy draft!! see, JR gets that FG and I suffer!

This game was the third game in NFL history decided by a the only TD in a game decided in OT.

Now this is what I call a dedicated fan - traveling more than 8,000 miles just to see his favorite team in action. Good on ya, mate! :tt03:

Glad you had a great time at the game and the Steelers gave you a win! If you haven't left already, have a safe trip back home, and GO STEELERS!!! :tt02:

stillers4me
09-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi, Anthony!! Glad to see you made it to SU!! :clap2:

Galax Steeler
09-14-2010, 03:19 AM
I thought Reed looked pretty good it seemed like he was getting more on his kicks then usual. He had the 55 yarder but just pushed it right a little bit.

HometownGal
09-14-2010, 07:13 AM
I thought Reed looked pretty good it seemed like he was getting more on his kicks then usual. He had the 55 yarder but just pushed it right a little bit.

I think the wind in Pittsburgh that day influenced that kick.

Texasteel
09-14-2010, 07:57 AM
He should buy Mendy a new watch.

Hell, I'll chip in on that one.

Reed did make 3 kicks, or it wouldn't have gone to OT.

steelpride12
09-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Making a 52 yarder and barely missing a 55 yard field goal by the hair, I think Reed looked just fine. What kicker doesn't miss honestly it happens, and it will continue to happen.

Buckinnuts
09-14-2010, 12:48 PM
SIgn him to a 10 million a year deal. oh Wait Draft a new kicker next year. this is more the ticket has cost us quite a few games lately. He wants Janakowski money and he is not worth that much>

HometownGal
09-14-2010, 03:52 PM
SIgn him to a 10 million a year deal. oh Wait Draft a new kicker next year. this is more the ticket has cost us quite a few games lately. He wants Janakowski money and he is not worth that much>

Huh? Reed has cost us "quite a few games lately"? You want to elaborate on that?

Skippy has won far, FAR more games for us over the years he's been the Steelers PK than he's been responsible for blowing. No - he isn't worth $4 million per year, but given the fact that he is currently the NFL's most accurate PK and 90% of the time money in the bank at Heinz Field, I think he's worth the $3 million he wants. So many fans discount the PK's huge role in a game - imho, they're just as vital as every other team member.

solardave
09-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Laces out ,LACES OUT!!!!