PDA

View Full Version : Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell Might Need Groin Surgery

Shoes
02-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell told NFL Network’s Good Morning Football on Wednesday he’s still in the process of determining whether he’ll need offseason surgery (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000781642/article/leveon-bell-in-process-of-determining-need-for-groin-surgery?campaign=Twitter_atn) on his injured groin.
“I’m kind of in the process of seeing a couple of doctors, seeing if I have to get surgery or not,” Bell said. “I’m hoping for the best, but I understand it’s a tough game. If I don’t get surgery, I go into the rehab process, work hard, get back to how I was last year, or actually, better. I’m going to take it from there.”

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02/steelers-rb-leveon-bell-might-need-groin-surgery/

Steeldude
02-01-2017, 02:51 PM
Will they wait until pre-season to make a decision?

Psycho Ward 86
02-01-2017, 05:49 PM
Im tempted to sarcastically say Tomlin just loves overworking players but really, he kind of had no choice for a large percentage of the time during our win streak. Williams was out since forever. Once we were in the playoffs, well, you play the best guy on the field period. Not exactly the time to worry about the wheels falling off. I do have my gripes about how much we worked Heyward and Tuitt, but this was just a case of misfortune. Hope he takes his time with this injury, groins are really easy to reaggravate

lipps83
02-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Im tempted to sarcastically say Tomlin just loves overworking players but really, he kind of had no choice for a large percentage of the time during our win streak. Williams was out since forever. Once we were in the playoffs, well, you play the best guy on the field period. Not exactly the time to worry about the wheels falling off. I do have my gripes about how much we worked Heyward and Tuitt, but this was just a case of misfortune. Hope he takes his time with this injury, groins are really easy to reaggravate

Isn't a groin injury what wound up screwing up Woodley, or was his an issue with his hammy?

AtlantaDan
02-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Isn't a groin injury what wound up screwing up Woodley, or was his an issue with his hammy?

Hamstring against the Patriots at Heinz in October 2011 - never the same for the rest of 2011 then he got fat

In addition to everything else the Steelers have rotten luck with their running backs and groin injuries in Pats playoff losses- Bettis was ineffective with a groin injury against the Pats in a 1996 playoff game at Foxboro and then reinjured a groin injury that knocked him out for the last month of the 2001 regular season in the cluster of the playoff loss to the Pats at Heinz in January 2002

EzraTank
02-02-2017, 09:47 AM
I think they need to find a new conditioning/stretching coach. Groin injuries can be avoided with proper stretching and flexibility training.

AtlantaDan
02-02-2017, 10:07 AM
I think they need to find a new conditioning/stretching coach. Groin injuries can be avoided with proper stretching and flexibility training.

At least as likely the extraordinary workload as a runner and receiver after Williams got hurt and Bell became the focus of the offense in November took its toll - only so much tread on the tires

pczach
02-02-2017, 11:47 AM
I truly don't see this is being anyone's fault. These things happen in football. Bell is a runner that pauses and makes explosive moves forward, backward, and laterally.

I don't believe that anything in particular is to blame for what happened. It's simply a football injury.

Shoes
02-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Now what round will they take a RB? These guys are messing up my mock. :chuckle:

teegre
02-02-2017, 02:25 PM
When I pulled my groin, it was from sliding sideways suddenly. I blame an icy patch of grass at Arrowhead.

Iron Steeler
02-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Dude is injury prone huh?

Id like to draft a pure banger back like 240 pounds in the later rounds just to be opposite of leveons style

Born2Steel
02-04-2017, 01:09 PM

Id like to draft a pure banger back like 240 pounds in the later rounds just to be opposite of leveons style

Check out Marlon Mack out of South Florida. I have watched him play for a few seasons. One of those that can side step defenders out of their shoes, or just run them over with strength. An always fall forward type RB. Should be there in the late rounds due to obscurity. I don't think he's as big as 240 though.

Psycho Ward 86
02-04-2017, 01:44 PM

My uneducated guess is that the steelers FO wont look for a particular "type" of RB in this draft and just go for whoever is the best player at the position. In a way i think theyre really hoping Karlos Williams gets his shit together so that we can go into the season with Bell, Williams (as a short yardage battering ram), and some other draft pick. Said player above, Marlon Mack is in my mock as well

43Hitman
02-04-2017, 02:02 PM
We could always bring back DW too for veteran depth.

86WARD
02-04-2017, 02:57 PM
We could always bring back DW too for veteran depth.

I hope they do. He's got 1-2 years left on the tires.

AtlantaDan
02-04-2017, 05:24 PM
I hope they do. He's got 1-2 years left on the tires.

DW has been injured both years - unavailable for playoffs last year and for over a month this year

He was a great signing to fill in for Bell but time to get younger

86WARD
02-04-2017, 06:04 PM
Same exact thing could be said about Bell...just saying.

ALLD
02-04-2017, 11:40 PM
DW already said he doesn't know if he will be back either. I want to know which play Bell really injured himself or was it before the game?

SteelerFanInStl
02-09-2017, 03:58 PM
DW already said he doesn't know if he will be back either. I want to know which play Bell really injured himself or was it before the game?

Bell had a groin injury before the game. It apparently wasn't too serious because he rushed for 167 and 170 yards in those 2 previous games. I don't know why we ran him so much though when he had a groin injury. This is the injury that the NFL is supposedly investigating since it wasn't on the injury report.

- - - Updated - - -

My uneducated guess is that the steelers FO wont look for a particular "type" of RB in this draft and just go for whoever is the best player at the position. In a way i think theyre really hoping Karlos Williams gets his shit together so that we can go into the season with Bell, Williams (as a short yardage battering ram), and some other draft pick. Said player above, Marlon Mack is in my mock as well

This would be ideal. I hope that Vince is kicking his ass the whole off season.

Rotorhead
02-10-2017, 05:44 PM
I would like to see DW back just so he gets a ring honestly, he is a good guy, real leader and can fill in for spot duty when needed.

Born2Steel
02-10-2017, 06:13 PM
I'm a fan of DWill as well. I followed him thru college at Memphis. He's the same age as AP with less NFL miles, plus he ran KR in college if there's ever a need for that.

Psycho Ward 86
02-11-2017, 01:31 PM

Keith Butler straight up said at the end of the season that Woodley was pushing 280-290lb too. that might have something to do with it

DesertSteel
02-13-2017, 09:07 AM
I'm a fan of DWill as well. I followed him thru college at Memphis. He's the same age as AP with less NFL miles, plus he ran KR in college if there's ever a need for that.
AP is done too, IMO.

Steeldude
02-18-2017, 06:49 AM
I know they are going to wait untile pre-season for surgery.

Born2Steel
02-18-2017, 11:08 AM
I know they are going to wait untile pre-season for surgery.

If that happens and we have to start with DWill, we will be all out of RB by game 4.

Shoes
02-18-2017, 11:31 AM
If that happens and we have to start with DWill, we will be all out of RB by game 4.

Sounds about right! :chuckle:

tube517
03-13-2017, 09:37 AM
http://www.12up.com/posts/4712553-le-veon-bell-undergoing-surgery-on-monday?a_aid=40104

Le'Veon Bell Undergoing Surgery on Monday

Buckinnuts
03-13-2017, 10:12 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/leveon-bell-has-surgery-to-repair-groin-injury/

Psycho Ward 86
03-13-2017, 10:31 AM
That took a bit longer than it should have. Oh well, better late than never. At least its not like Dupree's situation last season

Psycho Ward 86
03-13-2017, 11:16 AM