PDA

View Full Version : If I could know anything about the Steelers this Offseason...

Mojouw
01-27-2017, 10:39 AM
...It would be - fill in the blank-

So here is my idea. If we were magically able to get the total answer behind any question about the Steelers, what would you want to know?

What do the Steelers really think about their TE group? What is their evaluation of James' and Grimble's ceilings and Green's health?

Do they trust Bryant?

What the hell actually happened with Sammie Coates' hands?

How smart/dumb are most of the players? How does their ability to process complex information impact the scheme and game plan each Sunday?

What does the Steelers brain trust think about Ben's home/road splits? Are they doing anything about it?

How far out are they planning draft strategy? Do they look at their needs and say, well RB stinks this year but it looks pretty deep next year, so let's get us a DB in the 2nd round now and a RB next year? Or is each year drafted in a vacuum?

Inquiring minds want to know. And also because knowing is half the battle.

fansince'76
01-27-2017, 11:16 AM
WTF were they thinking when they put together that game plan for the AFCCG?

Steeldude
01-27-2017, 11:35 AM
What the hell actually happened with Sammie Coates' hands?

Nothing. When he learns how to catch I will ask that question.

Born2Steel
01-27-2017, 11:41 AM
Because knowing IS half the battle. LOL! Of the questions you listed, my first would be about the TEs. I was feeling better midway thru the season about those guys than I do now at the end of the season. Simply put, when Bell left the game, all the Pats needed to do was shut down Brown and it was game over. There was minimal help, at best, from the TE position in the playoffs. Dropped passes aside, even though they matter, just talking about weapons on offense we have available. The big 3, Ben, Bell, and AB. Then where do we look next? #2WR is not playing this season, so on to #3 and #4? There should be someone to look for before the #3 WR. That has always been TE. What we have now, vs what we had is not just a dropoff, it's a cliff. I would want to know, can Green make it back and make a difference. Will James and Grimble ever develop into pro style TEs. There are a dozen veteran TEs in FA this offseason that could help now. Drafting another 'work in progress' is not a viable answer at this point, not if we plan to get back to the SB now. So, in a nutshell, "What is the plan for the TE position moving forward"?

steelreserve
01-27-2017, 12:10 PM
Is Green going to actually play again or not, so we can figure out what the hell to do with that position?

How many people are going to be smoking weed?

Are we actually going to watch any game film of the Patriots in the next 12 months and try to come up with a defensive plan that is even halfway intelligent?

tube517
01-27-2017, 12:19 PM
Do they really like Danny Smith?

Why are Coates and Frenchy better options at KR than Gilbert or Ayers when healthy??

Psycho Ward 86
01-27-2017, 12:33 PM
How strongly do they feel about Green/James becoming reliable receiving tight ends?

86WARD
01-27-2017, 01:32 PM

This was my first thought...

43Hitman
01-27-2017, 03:00 PM
What do they think they have in Gilbert and do they plan on actually using him in the defensive backfield? Maybe he's our future nickel corner?

teegre
01-27-2017, 04:15 PM
When exactly will Hell be unleashed?

Count Steeler
01-27-2017, 05:44 PM
How about defending 1 blade of grass? Is that asking too much?

Hubris of a 9 game winning streak and thinking the same old same old is going to work because we are just that much better are not attitudes you need in today's NFL. Tomlin and crew better get their shit together, because I want to know how long their collective leashes are after that pitiful performance.

Game plan sucked, players did not stick to their assignments and nothing changed as the game went on.

Terrapinstation
01-27-2017, 06:15 PM
Why did they have so little confidence in Burns and Davis against NE

Why do they literally run Bell into the ground year after year, knowing damn well he'll get hurt. Do they realize it's not illegal to give someone else a carry once in a while

GBMelBlount
01-27-2017, 06:34 PM
Is Ben doing something he shouldn't be at away games.

Why do the Steelers have such poor game planning and play calling. Honestly, every day Joe's on this board offer up better strategies weekly than what they often employ.

Shoes
01-27-2017, 07:32 PM
What is really in the minds of Dan & Art II?

Count Steeler
01-27-2017, 07:45 PM
What does Danny Smith have on Art II and Tomlin?

DesertSteel
01-27-2017, 09:07 PM
^ This

86WARD
01-28-2017, 09:17 AM
What does Danny Smith have on Art II and Tomlin?

Another good one. I'm actually really disappointed that he hasn't been fired.

AtlantaDan
01-28-2017, 09:35 AM
Another good one. I'm actually really disappointed that he hasn't been fired.

Patience - Tomlin not committing last Tuesday to all coaches returning (as Harbaugh did in his end of season Ravens conference) seems to indicate changes will occur

teegre
01-28-2017, 10:34 PM
What are the coaching staff's thoughts on Sneaky Pete?

Because, they were obviously marathoning that show (instead of game-planning). I can't blame them. Bryan Cranston is money.

st33lersguy
01-29-2017, 12:38 AM
What are the coaching staff's thoughts on Sneaky Pete?

Because, they were obviously marathoning that show (instead of game-planning). I can't blame them. Bryan Cranston is money.

LOL, yeah, watching that was a shit load of fun

- - - Updated - - -

Patience - Tomlin not committing last Tuesday to all coaches returning (as Harbaugh did in his end of season Ravens conference) seems to indicate changes will occur

Hopefully soon, the sooner we know Smith has been shown the door, the better