PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations 2016 Pittsburgh Steelers

Count Steeler
01-23-2017, 06:26 AM
I did not imagine that we would make it to the AFCCG at the start of this season. Not with starting 3 rookies on D. Not with Bell suspended 3 games. Not with Bryant suspended for the season.

Could we have won yesterday, of course. However, it does not diminish where this team stands, and with a legit OLB and with Cam back next year, and Bryant back next year, this team will improve greatly. Will they be SB bound next year, I think so.

I am not going to let the sting of a horrible loss negate where this team stands. If we could have gotten off to a better start (Coates, we are looking at you), there is no telling how the end result changes. However, trying to play catch up in Foxborough, is nearly an impossible task.

Oh well, there is always next year.

Edman
01-23-2017, 06:30 AM
Going one game further than the year before.

2013: Almost reach the playoffs.

2014: Reach Wildcard.

2015: Reach the Divisional.

2016: Reach the Championship Game.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-23-2017, 07:06 AM

Good luck to your Pats!

tube517
01-23-2017, 07:25 AM
Agreed. I had low expectations when Bongtavious and Bell got in trouble again. And with the rookies on defense.

2017 is what I was thinking throughout the year. This was a nice run but next year will be no excuses.

86WARD
01-23-2017, 10:09 AM
Good Post.

Season was much more successful than most of us thought it would be. New England is a tough team at home and quite a few of us thought it may end the way that it did. Doesn't make it a bad season and you're right about Heyward. He's a factor than a lot of people overlook. A lot of people seemed to have forgotten about him.

Next year they have to come out strong, get New England in the championship game at home and take them out that way.

GBMelBlount
01-23-2017, 10:14 AM
Great post.

Great season that exceeded most expectations.

A-

Our team is young and should be better next year (injuries aside.)

I believe we will be serious contenders the next 2-3 years as Ben plays out his career.

I also hope the coaching and play calling improves...

AtlantaDan
01-23-2017, 10:20 AM
Good Post.

Season was much more successful than most of us thought it would be. New England is a tough team at home and quite a few of us thought it may end the way that it did. Doesn't make it a bad season and you're right about Heyward. He's a factor than a lot of people overlook. A lot of people seemed to have forgotten about him.

Next year they have to come out strong, get New England in the championship game at home and take them out that way.

Agreed

After the Bryant & Bell suspensions, followed by a rocky training camp with the Golson and Burns injuries, my expectations going into the season were AFC championship game as a best case scenario. After the Ben injury and the regular season bottoming out with the Dallas loss I assumed the Steelers were done. And yesterday was not like the many home AFC championship games under Cowher I expected the Steelers to win.

So I regard 2016 as a very good but not great season.

On to the 2017 season - if the defense is going to improve it will get 2 good tests against Brady & Rodgers at Heinz

HOME: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Green Bay, Minnesota, New England
AWAY: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Houston, Indianapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City

tube517
01-23-2017, 10:55 AM
Good Post.

They have the Cheats in the regular season again at Heinz Field. They need to get over that hump.

86WARD
01-23-2017, 12:41 PM
Well they may have to beat them in the regular season at home to get the home field advantage and then do it again to get to the Super Bowl.

Born2Steel
01-23-2017, 02:13 PM
YES! Congrats to the 2016 Steelers on a GREAT season. Disappointing loss to end the season, sure, but a very successful 2016 campaign. Only one team gets to hoist the trophy at the end, and we've done it more than the rest. I truly believe we had a shot at it again this year but it just didn't work out. Once we lost Bell, we became too one dimensional as an offense to really pose any threat to a decent defense. Get rested, get healthy, get off the weed, and we'll lace 'em up and start again in 6months. :hatsoff:

teegre
01-23-2017, 02:18 PM

I see the pattern for 2017... and for 2018... but, I'm not sure what that means for 2019. :lol:

Winning the Mega-SuperBowl!!!

Born2Steel
01-23-2017, 02:29 PM
I see the pattern for 2017... and for 2018... but, I'm not sure what that means for 2019. :lol:

Winning the Mega-SuperBowl!!!

The NFL will have a team in London and one in Mexico City by then. It will be for the inaugural WORLD BOWL.

teegre
01-23-2017, 02:31 PM
The NFL will have a team in London and one in Mexico City by then. It will be for the inaugural WORLD BOWL.

LOL (literally)

polamalubeast
01-23-2017, 03:00 PM
Well they may have to beat them in the regular season at home to get the home field advantage and then do it again to get to the Super Bowl.

The home field advantage would have changed nothing yesterday with the way the steelers played...

teegre
01-23-2017, 04:11 PM
The home field advantage would have changed nothing yesterday with the way the steelers played...

I hear you... but, I disagree.

A week off would have allowed Bell to rest. A rested Bell likely does not pull his groin.

Playing on Sunday night, arriving home at 3:45 am on Monday, and then flying back out on Saturday gave the Steelers two (three?) less days to practice. It might not have matter for the defense, but BB & those third-tier receivers could have used a day or three more reps to get their timing down.

Plus, BB is way, waaay better at home.

Lastly, hotel fire alarms.