PDA

View Full Version : Steelers on Steelers: Mike Tomlins favorite? Future politician?

tube517
01-21-2017, 11:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000777008/article/steelers-on-steelers-mike-tomlins-favorite-future-politician

A little more than half of the Pittsburgh Steelers' locker room was polled this week, to get a better sense of who these men are. Some of the survey respondents tried to negotiate multiple answers (like linebacker Vince Williams), some repeatedly turned to teammates for help (like running back Le'Veon Bell) and some took issue with others' answers (like Cam Heyward, who became upset when long snapper Greg Warren did not offer his name for one of the queries).

Being totally honest, were you nervous the first time you met James Harrison?
Most popular answer: Yes (17).
Runner-up: No (9). :chuckle:

If you had to go out of town for a week, who would you leave your kids with?
Most popular answer: James Harrison (9).
Runner-up: DeAngelo Williams (3), Arthur Moats (3), Ramon Foster (3). :chuckle:

teegre
01-22-2017, 09:11 AM
This is awesome.

Five or six years ago, I heard a local (San Diego) interview with Woodley. In the background, Timmons was telling his kids to go with "Uncle James" to get some ice cream. The interviewer was like "Uh... with Harrison???" And, Woodley replied: "Oh yeah, he's an uncle to all of the players' kids."

Born2Steel
01-23-2017, 07:36 PM
People that don't know James Harrison and only see him as an on the field guy, think of him as a 'Burfict' type guy due to all the penalty flags and fines he got for hits a few years ago. He was NEVER dirty like that. He is just a damn big man that plays ferocious between the sidelines. He scares a lot of people. Hell, I really like the guy and I would be a bit nervous left one on one with him. Not so much from fear of harm, but from sheer awe. He's freaking huge.

tube517
01-23-2017, 07:44 PM
People that don't know James Harrison and only see him as an on the field guy, think of him as a 'Burfict' type guy due to all the penalty flags and fines he got for hits a few years ago. He was NEVER dirty like that. He is just a damn big man that plays ferocious between the sidelines. He scares a lot of people. Hell, I really like the guy and I would be a bit nervous left one on one with him. Not so much from fear of harm, but from sheer awe. He's freaking huge.

I remember when he came back in 2014. Heath Miller's kids were like "Hey Uncle James!" Yet Pouncey and others were scared of him. :chuckle: