PDA

View Full Version : 5 Reasons Steelers can Beat Patriots*

GBMelBlount
01-19-2017, 09:26 PM
Funny how they mention it is important that "Good Ben" shows up.

I truly feel there are two different Ben's.

Here are five reasons the Steelers can beat the Patriots in the AFC title game

History has not been kind to the Steelers during the Tom Brady era, and on the surface, there's little reason to expect that to change Sunday in the AFC Championship Game....

So how can the Steelers go into Gillette Stadium and pull off the near-impossible? Let's talk about that.

THE STEELERS ARE 7-0 IN THE POSTSEASON WHEN ROETHLISBERGER THROWS FOR FEWER THAN 225 YARDS. THEY'RE 0-3 WHEN HE THROWS FOR MORE THAN 300 YARDS...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/here-are-five-reasons-the-steelers-can-beat-the-patriots-in-the-afc-title-game/

LloydWoodson
01-19-2017, 10:09 PM
It goes...

Villanueva Foster Pouncey Decastro Gilbert

zulater
01-19-2017, 10:09 PM
I got a good feeling about this game. And usually I tend to be fatalistic. I think the Kansas City game was the squeezing your asshole game. I think the Steelers will go into this game feeling as though they're playing with house money. And without Gronk I really don't see this as much of a mystery, the Steelers are the better team. If the Steelers don't beat themselves ( and they wont this game) then they'll run away with it at the end. Steelers 31-17.

Moose
01-20-2017, 09:27 AM
I got a good feeling about this game. And usually I tend to be fatalistic. I think the Kansas City game was the squeezing your asshole game. I think the Steelers will go into this game feeling as though they're playing with house money. And without Gronk I really don't see this as much of a mystery, the Steelers are the better team. If the Steelers don't beat themselves ( and they wont this game) then they'll run away with it at the end. Steelers 31-17.

Damn, sure in the hell hope you are right on everything....especially the score. It would be soooooo nice to sit, relax with a drink and not have the ole' ass puckered for hours !

86WARD
01-20-2017, 10:06 AM

This would make me happy...lol.

teegre
01-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Here are my five reasons:

5) Opening drive rushing TD by Bell.
4) Passing TD to AB.
3) Passing TD to Rogers.
2) Pick-six by Gay.
1) Victory formation to run out the clock.

86WARD
01-20-2017, 12:20 PM
No Boz FG?

teegre
01-21-2017, 09:21 AM
Here are five more reasons...

5. MUST
4. WINE.
3. CAN
2. NO
1. LOSE!!!

:director:

GoSlash27
01-21-2017, 10:28 AM
It goes...

Villanueva Foster Pouncey Decastro Gilbert

Yeah, I agree with this. New England isn't the team that their reputation would lead you to think. Their o-line is weak in the middle, so they won't be able to establish a running game and we'll be able to collapse the pocket. Plus no Gronk. Their TE game isn't nearly as good without him. If Brady has to scramble around and play "Ben- style" ball, he'll be at a huge disadvantage.
On the flip- side, they haven't been good at stopping the run, and they're about to face the best o-line and ground game in the business.

I never bet on football games, but if I did my money would be on Pittsburgh this week. I think the Steelers are the superior team in this matchup.

86WARD
01-21-2017, 11:28 AM
Here are five more reasons...

5. MUST
4. WINE.
3. CAN
2. NO
1. LOSE!!!

:director:

#Winner

Steelerchad
01-21-2017, 06:44 PM
when's the last time this team made it look easy. Even in the Buffalo game which was statistically about as one sided as it gets, Ben kept giving them hope with easy turnovers. I would love a 2-3 score cushion and a feeling of comfort, but I don't see it.

tube517
01-21-2017, 07:13 PM
when's the last time this team made it look easy. Even in the Buffalo game which was statistically about as one sided as it gets, Ben kept giving them hope with easy turnovers. I would love a 2-3 score cushion and a feeling of comfort, but I don't see it.

Look at Psychoward 86's signature :chuckle:

Devilsdancefloor
01-21-2017, 09:28 PM
I have a good feeling about this game too, i usually dont, but oddly this one i do!

DesertSteel
01-21-2017, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I agree with this. New England isn't the team that their reputation would lead you to think. Their o-line is weak in the middle, so they won't be able to establish a running game and we'll be able to collapse the pocket. Plus no Gronk. Their TE game isn't nearly as good without him. If Brady has to scramble around and play "Ben- style" ball, he'll be at a huge disadvantage.
On the flip- side, they haven't been good at stopping the run, and they're about to face the best o-line and ground game in the business.

I never bet on football games, but if I did my money would be on Pittsburgh this week. I think the Steelers are the superior team in this matchup.
Where does this stuff come from??? They are 3rd in the league against the run this year and haven't given up a 100-yard game all year. In fact I think I heard that it has been about 24 games in a row since a RB has had even 90 yards on them. Let's not fool ourselves. Run defense is not a weakness of the Patriots.