PDA

View Full Version : This is going to make you all feel A LOT better about this game...

Psycho Ward 86
01-19-2017, 06:13 PM
With all the energy surrounding this week’s game I thought I’d give you guys a condensed overview of some of the really overlooked but legitimate reasons to feel good about this game. Namely the changes in the lineup since we last faced the Patriots. Bolded in green are names of players whose addition (or subtraction) was a positive for the respective team. Bolded in red are names of players whose addition (or subtraction) was a negative for the respective team.

Steeler additions since Week 7:
Ben Roethlisberger (working back from injury)
James Harrison (wasn’t the starter yet)
Bud Dupree (working back from injury)
Ryan Shazier (working back from injury)
Sean Davis (wasn’t the starter yet)
Artie Burns (wasn’t the starter yet)
Ladarius Green (working back from injury)

Steeler subtractions since Week 7:
Landry Jones (demoted to backup)
Cameron Heyward (put on IR)
Jarvis Jones (demoted to backup)
Robert Golden (demoted to backup)
Anthony Chickillo (demoted to backup)
William Gay (“demoted” to backup, but really he was just moved back in the slot where he plays best)

Patriot additions since Week 7:
Dion Lewis (working back from injury)
Trey Flowers (promoted to starter/barely played previously)
Malcolm Floyd (cut from Cardinals)

Patriot subtractions since Week 7:
Rob Gronkowski (put on IR)
Jamie Collins (traded)

Look at all of those upgrades for us compared to the patriots and tell me you didn't just smile :). In addition, here are things you guys need to remember:

-Remember the fact that guys like Lawrence Timmons, Stephon Tuitt, Javon Hargrave, and Mike Mitchell who were already starting went from starting the season out quietly/poorly to going on a rampage soon after this game/during our win streak

-Remember the fact that Chris Boswell (who has been reliable as fuck the past 2 seasons…a wonderful 14/14 in his 4 postseason games) just happened to have his worst day as an NFL kicker missing 2 field goals (from 42 yards and 54 yards so it’s not like he missed a bunch of gimmes). He has never missed that many otherwise. If he made those field goals we only lost 27-22 with Landry fucking Jones at the helm

-Remember the fact that since Week 7 when Blount ran all over us, we have since (during our win streak), held the leading rusher on opposing teams to under 60 yards on 8 out of 9 games (and the only game where the rusher went over was that meaningless Browns game)

-Remember that we’re coming into this game with a defense holding the league’s longest takeaway streak at 12 games in a row. This includes Ryan Shazier’s 4 game streak with an interception, which is tied with Quinten Demps for the longest interception streak by any player this season

I know I’ve been treading on the negative side as of late. Hell, I’m still picking the patriots for the time being to win this one in a squeaker, but I do find myself being more optimistic about this Patriots game than I usually am. And I encourage others to feel the same way. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO :tt03::tt02::tt03:!

86WARD
01-19-2017, 06:28 PM
Looks good. That Dion Lewis addition could be troublesome but the first thing I thought of with this rematch was the addition of Harrison and Dupree and the subtraction of Jarvis Jones to that defense. Don't forget about how well Sean Davis is playing...he's not only the starter now but playing at a pretty nice level.

#HereWeGo

teegre
01-19-2017, 11:04 PM
Scheme can make up for a lack of talent.

But, in the end, talent wins out... and the most talented players wear the black & gold.

PatPatriot
01-20-2017, 08:14 AM
Scheme can make up for a lack of talent.

But, in the end, talent wins out... and the most talented players wear the black & gold.

This thought process is why you lose.

It's all about scheme, and making your opponent beat you in ways they don't feel comfortable doing.

That is what we will do to you, and why you will lose.

We will shut down Bell (without issue). Double Brown. Make Ben throw to backup WR and the outlaw jesse james. But the unfortunate part for you, and a lot of other teams is that ben will force balls to bell and brown, get picked off, or get sacked waiting for brown to get open.

polamalubeast
01-20-2017, 08:19 AM
You can't double Antonio Brown and put 8 man in the box to stop Bell at the same time.......It does not work like that!

Bell and Brown had 250 combined yards in week 7 against the pats and it was with Landry Jones.

Born2Steel
01-20-2017, 08:20 AM
That uncomfortable feeling when the headsets stop working when your on offense maybe? Or that guy live feeding your sideline huddles directly to the booth from the stands? Or perhaps you're referring to the visitor locker room listening devices? The Patsies do come up with ways to make teams uncomfortable. That much IS true.

PatPatriot
01-20-2017, 09:44 AM
You can't double Antonio Brown and put 8 man in the box to stop Bell at the same time.......It does not work like that!

Bell and Brown had 250 combined yards in week 7 against the pats and it was with Landry Jones.

Don't need 8 in the box to stop bell......

Steelerschik
01-20-2017, 09:47 AM
This thought process is why you lose.

It's all about scheme, and making your opponent beat you in ways they don't feel comfortable doing.

That is what we will do to you, and why you will lose.

We will shut down Bell (without issue). Double Brown. Make Ben throw to backup WR and the outlaw jesse james. But the unfortunate part for you, and a lot of other teams is that ben will force balls to bell and brown, get picked off, or get sacked waiting for brown to get open.

So wait, the invincible Pats will, undoubtedly without issue and because they're just soooooooo amazing they WILL shut down Bell, double cover Brown, rush Ben and force back up receivers, which aren't too shabby in their own right, all at the same time? Hmmmm, sounds a little dreamy. Yeah, had Houston had a real QB, the Pats lose that game. Period. And in October the Steelers lost by a measly 11 points (hardly a blowout) with Landry Jones and a D that didn't have James Harrison in the mix. LeVeon still ran for over 100 yards that game, not quite shutting him down very good. Brown also had over 100 yards receiving that game as well. Star players out and all. The Steelers settled for FGs that game as well, much like KC. If they convert those to TD, they win. Not quite shaking in the shoes let alone realistic views you're spewing out there young fellow. I like our chances.

polamalubeast
01-20-2017, 09:47 AM

It's easier said than done......

fansince'76
01-20-2017, 09:51 AM

He put up 81 yards on 21 carries against you earlier this year with zero threat of a passing game. He'll get his yards.

PatPatriot
01-20-2017, 10:12 AM
So wait, the invincible Pats will, undoubtedly without issue and because they're just soooooooo amazing they WILL shut down Bell, double cover Brown, rush Ben and force back up receivers, which aren't too shabby in their own right, all at the same time? Hmmmm, sounds a little dreamy. Yeah, had Houston had a real QB, the Pats lose that game. Period. And in October the Steelers lost by a measly 11 points (hardly a blowout) with Landry Jones and a D that didn't have James Harrison in the mix. LeVeon still ran for over 100 yards that game, not quite shutting him down very good. Brown also had over 100 yards receiving that game as well. Star players out and all. The Steelers settled for FGs that game as well, much like KC. If they convert those to TD, they win. Not quite shaking in the shoes let alone realistic views you're spewing out there young fellow. I like our chances.

How do you not understand it?!!?

They do it week in and week out, do you only watch the steelers? Every week (very few exceptions), the patriots shut down the opposing teams top threats, and make them attempt to beat the pats with their lesser used guys. And that is essentially why we always win. Because the teams we play can't adapt to that for some reason. It's actually pretty mind boggling to me. If I was the steelers I'd be game planning around using a lot of your other players (james, rogers etc). Instead you will focus on Brown and Bell who don't need a gameplan focus.

Last week against Houston we stopped who we needed to stop. You don't have to go out of your way to stop Brock.... he will stop himself. He's actually not much different than Ben. Other than the fact Brock will usually have his team out of the game by the 2nd-3rd quarter... ben could probably make it to the end of the 3rd/early 4th, but will blow the game with a dumb throw when they need it most... and the pats know that. They just wait for you to make that mistake, then you panic and revert back to "doing what works" (bell/brown), except they are shut down and we make easy pickens of the game.

Here is the "Too long, I didn't read your post summary" --> Bell and Brown can have over 100 yards each, but they won't score, and that's what is important, and that is what I mean by shutting them down. We put the game on Bens shoulders to use his non super starts and he won't do it.

- - - Updated - - -

He put up 81 yards on 21 carries against you earlier this year with zero threat of a passing game. He'll get his yards.

LoL, another guy that thinks a lot of yards wins football games.

It's the meaningful yards, and finishing drives, two things you won't have come Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

It's easier said than done......

Patriots do it week in and week out. It's actually what Bill is known for.

fansince'76
01-20-2017, 10:14 AM

Yeah, we know what a murderer's row the AFC East is. :zzz:

polamalubeast
01-20-2017, 10:18 AM

Against one-dimensional offense or defense

This is harder to do when this is against teams that are balanced....You did not stop Von Miller last year in the AFC Title game, since the broncos defense was not just a player.

The steelers offenses have two superstars to stop which is very hard to do.

Steelerschik
01-20-2017, 10:20 AM
Yeah, we know what a murderer's row the AFC East is. :zzz:

Oh dear God make him disappear. Beyond obnoxious, too overconfident and spewing the same shit over and over. Don't give a shit about the Pats fans and their point of views. Ridiculous.

fansince'76
01-20-2017, 10:22 AM
Oh dear God make him disappear.

I already did. If he has nothing more to add other than "ZOMG! BELLY-CHICK AND BRAYDEE R DA GRATE-IST!" in thread after thread, and it appears he didn't, then he's not sticking around here. He can take that crap back to the perpetual circle-jerk at Patsfans.com

Steelerschik
01-20-2017, 10:39 AM
I already did. If he has nothing more to add other than "ZOMG! BELLY-CHICK AND BRAYDEE R DA GRATE-IST!" in thread after thread, and it appears he didn't, then he's not sticking around here. He can take that crap back to the perpetual circle-jerk at Patsfans.com

:yay3: YOU DA BESTEST!!!!!

SteelMayhem72
01-20-2017, 03:04 PM
http://www.steelcityunderground.com/podcast/2017/01/patriots-good-everyone-says/

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SteelMayhem72
01-20-2017, 03:05 PM
^^i dont know if anybody posted this podcast yet

SteelMayhem72
01-20-2017, 03:06 PM
very encouraging conversation