PDA

View Full Version : This Team Is Going To Be Legendary After Beating The Pats!

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-18-2017, 09:44 PM
No fault to other great Steeler teams in the past and in my opinion would have smoke the Pats. Not there fault Pats wasn't good enough teams then to last to play the Steelers! Finally we get them and at home and all the better!

SteelMayhem72
01-18-2017, 10:17 PM
No fault to other great Steeler teams in the past and in my opinion would have smoke the Pats. Not there fault Pats wasn't good enough teams then to last to play the Steelers! Finally we get them and at home and all the better!
I like your positive attitude...settles my nerves somewhat

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Dissolv
01-18-2017, 10:30 PM
I have a generally good feeling about the game as well. I expect the Pats to scheme well, but at some point, talent will take over. That's what I am looking for. It has all the markings of a game for the ages.

Dissolv

Renegade
01-19-2017, 12:15 AM
I love the attitude of the whole Steelers team this season. Against the Ravens (who had won 4 straight against the Steelers) the team said "We don't care about the past, we care about this opportunity." It is the same mindset going into this game, "The past doesn't matter. We care about this opportunity." This might end up looking like the Christmas game; As Dissolv said, eventually, "talent will take over."

01-19-2017, 01:21 AM
I like your positive attitude...settles my nerves somewhat

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk Why I joined the board cause of the negativity back then and had faith. I have even more faith now. Ben is fired up and wants this one too and trust me!

- - - Updated - - -

I have a generally good feeling about the game as well. I expect the Pats to scheme well, but at some point, talent will take over. That's what I am looking for. It has all the markings of a game for the ages.

Dissolv Pretty much it and the play makers are going to win it.

01-19-2017, 01:33 AM
We got this! I never heard Ben fired up so much in years this week. Fitting he said wish I could be out there to play against Brady early on and how it bothered him. I knew he would have his chance when it counted and think he knew it. I think the Pats and media woke the sleeping giant in Ben!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps can't remember the poster on this board who said this is a special team. He was on the money and believe it. They are and the feeling has been in the air since AB's stretch TD.

01-19-2017, 01:54 AM
For I call it a night who the F are the Pats to be so feared ? They play each year in a division with the Bills, Jets and Miami. Then are lucky enough to get a bye and face another team in a horrible division this year with a worthless QB. Sorry other then the media hype each year, what is to be scared of ? Like I said in my first post, not past Steelers teams fault not whooping there ass. They got beat and knocked out by teams Pitt dominated the following week.

Galax Steeler
01-19-2017, 03:56 AM
Does anyone know where the Pats rank against the run?

Count Steeler
01-19-2017, 05:11 AM

Tied for 3rd best. http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2016&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

stillers4me
01-19-2017, 05:36 AM
If we beat the Pats*, the media and the rest of the NFL fans will have some excuse to whine about. There will be some bad call or controversial play that will make the win "illegitimate" to the Brady* lovers...it will be like the presidential election all over again.

Book it.

Russia hacked the NFL!

fansince'76
01-19-2017, 05:51 AM
If we beat the Pats*, the media and the rest of the NFL fans will have some excuse to whine about. There will be some bad call or controversial play that will make the win "illegitimate" to the Brady* lovers...it will be like the presidential election all over again.

Book it.

Russia hacked the NFL!

You mean like the "Tuck Rule?"

We hear that crap whenever the Steelers win anyway, so what's the difference? :noidea:

pczach
01-19-2017, 06:08 AM

We hear that crap whenever the Steelers win anyway, so what's the difference? :noidea:

Who has more questionable shit in the history of the NFL than the "Assholes"?

You can make a claim against every championship they have won based on their history of cheating and the "Tuck Rule".

GoSlash27
01-19-2017, 06:17 AM

#3 in the regular season, but the quality of the opponents kind of affects those numbers.
Postseason play among the remaining teams looks like this:
1) Steelers 57 yds/gm
2) Falcons 101
3) Packers 104
4) Patriots 105

Other categories:

Pass defense

1) Patriots 180 yds/gm
2) Falcons 208
3) Steelers 210
4) Packers 293

Total defense

1) Steelers 266 yds/gm
2) Patriots 285
3) Falcons 309
4) Packers 397

Offense
Passing
1) Packers 329 yds/gm
2) Falcons 323
3) Patriots 279
4) Steelers 203

Rushing

1) Steelers 175 yds/gm
2) Falcons 99
3) Patriots 98
4) Packers 81

Total offense
1) Falcons 422 yds/gm
2) Packers 410
3) Steelers 378
4) Patriots 377

01-19-2017, 06:22 AM

Book it.

Russia hacked the NFL!No Ifs and when we do yep too funny and expect all that after.

- - - Updated - - -

They hate us and we hate them, Will be Amazing holding the AFC trophy at the end in their own house! Besides we held enough in our own house.

Butch
01-19-2017, 07:35 AM
Beating the cheats is not my goal winning the Super Bowl is. Legendary comes with winning the Super bowl.

AtlantaDan
01-19-2017, 07:58 AM
Beating the cheats is not my goal winning the Super Bowl is. Legendary comes with winning the Super bowl.

Legendary is a high hurdle - subject to certain exceptions such as the 85 Bears IMO this is a good definition

“There are two categories for Super Bowl participants that nobody remembers,” said Steelers Defensive End Dwight White in the Super Bowl 10 America’s Game documentary. “One, the team that lost the game; and two, the team that only won one.”

86WARD
01-19-2017, 10:34 AM
It's gonna be close but it will wind up being the same old story...Ben will throw an interception near the end, the Pats will capitalize and the final score will wind up 34-21 or something like that.

DesertSteel
01-19-2017, 10:46 AM
It's gonna be close but it will wind up being the same old story...Ben will throw an interception near the end, the Pats will capitalize and the final score will wind up 34-21 or something like that.
And crow eating after a big Steelers win is the best meal of all.

steel striker
01-19-2017, 11:25 AM
I just think the steelers are on a mission and, they are finally due to beat the cheats. Everything is coming together!

86WARD
01-19-2017, 12:10 PM
And crow eating after a big Steelers win is the best meal of all.

I'll eat it happily!!! I did for the Chiefs, I'll do it for this game. I just cant see Tomlin and his 1-5 record against the Pats beating them in NE. I can't see the Steelers defense stopping Brady and the offense playing error free to win. Yes it's pessimistic, but I've been through these NE games many times before...lol.

SteelMember
01-19-2017, 12:17 PM

OMG!!! DA STEALERZ PAYED DA RUSKIES TO HAK US!!!

:chuckle:

DesertSteel
01-19-2017, 01:02 PM
I'll eat it happily!!! I did for the Chiefs, I'll do it for this game. I just cant see Tomlin and his 1-5 record against the Pats beating them in NE. I can't see the Steelers defense stopping Brady and the offense playing error free to win. Yes it's pessimistic, but I've been through these NE games many times before...lol.

i give us a 40% chance. But I'm clinging to that 40%!!!

01-19-2017, 02:30 PM
And crow eating after a big Steelers win is the best meal of all. Sorry bro but your negative is unreal take it to a Cinci forum. Sorry bro and was meant for 86Ward and board froze on me.

01-19-2017, 02:37 PM
I'll eat it happily!!! I did for the Chiefs, I'll do it for this game. I just cant see Tomlin and his 1-5 record against the Pats beating them in NE. I can't see the Steelers defense stopping Brady and the offense playing error free to win. Yes it's pessimistic, but I've been through these NE games many times before...lol. You are entitled to your opinion but really man why are you even here ? To root against your favorite team every week ?

86WARD
01-19-2017, 02:38 PM
Sorry bro but your negative is unreal take it to a Cinci forum. Sorry bro and was meant for 86Ward and board froze on me.

Nah...history shows it doesn't bode well for Pittsburgh in New England. Sorry if I'm not a rah, rah guy that gets overly excited. I like to keep in check.

01-19-2017, 02:42 PM
Ps I also know you are the one who started the fire Mike Tomlin thread. Why ain't I surprised?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah...history shows it doesn't bode well for Pittsburgh in New England. Sorry if I'm not a rah, rah guy that gets overly excited. I like to keep in check. Okay I hope all your post are in a sarcastic nature and if not. Again why are you even here dude ?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyhow to each there own and have a great day Bro.

Mojouw
01-19-2017, 02:42 PM
Nah...history shows it doesn't bode well for Pittsburgh in New England. Sorry if I'm not a rah, rah guy that gets overly excited. I like to keep in check.

I agree. But there is one thing to consider. Basically no one is the same on either roster since the last playoff match-up. So how much does "history" play in to it?

For what it is worth, I got a pretty bad feeling about this game.

86WARD
01-19-2017, 02:46 PM
I agree. But there is one thing to consider. Basically no one is the same on either roster since the last playoff match-up. So how much does "history" play in to it?

For what it is worth, I got a pretty bad feeling about this game.

The Brady/Belichick thing hasn't changed. That obviously scares me the most. On paper, the Steelers should win this game easily IMO. But they have to play the games...

86WARD
01-19-2017, 02:48 PM
Ps I also know you are the one who started the fire Mike Tomlin thread. Why ain't I surprised?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I hope all your post are in a sarcastic nature and if not. Again why are you even here dude ?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyhow to each there own and have a great day Bro.

If you were here for more than 5 minutes, maybe I'd take your comments to heart...lol.

86WARD
01-19-2017, 03:03 PM
You are entitled to your opinion but really man why are you even here ? To root against your favorite team every week ?

Show me where I am rooting against the Steelers every week. Just because I make a prediction or don't have a good feeling about a game is rooting against "my team"? Lol.

01-19-2017, 03:06 PM
If you were here for more than 5 minutes, maybe I'd take your comments to heart...lol. No offense but don't value you opinion to much whatsoever. You want to be negative Nanny that's your thing!

Moose
01-19-2017, 03:09 PM
Making of a AWESOME weekend.......Obama outta here on Friday, Trump President, Clinton's no where to be found and STEELER's AFC champs !

01-19-2017, 03:38 PM
Making of a AWESOME weekend.......Obama outta here on Friday, Trump President, Clinton's no where to be found and STEELER's AFC champs ! Agreed lol!

Psycho Ward 86
01-19-2017, 03:59 PM
You are entitled to your opinion but really man why are you even here ? To root against your favorite team every week ?

Positivity in the absence of realism is delusion. Nothing wrong with choosing against your own team. If I had a gun to my head I'm picking the patriots. I do feel better about this game than I usually do about patriot/steelers games though

GoSlash27
01-19-2017, 05:10 PM
Interestingly, Tunch Ilkin is *very* positive about this game. In fact, he's more confident about this matchup than he was about KC. His reasoning is very simple: Our line is better than their line on both sides of the ball. He's got a point IMO.
This New England team is good, but they're not the dominant team we're used to seeing. We match up against them *very* well.

*edit* forgot to post the link... http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Keeping-Brady-off-the-field/9708f6ca-dac4-4a4b-8cc6-2180b7a17e8b http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Thursday-practice-report/8dc54b13-a89c-4186-a344-82aea6e76614

43Hitman
01-19-2017, 05:32 PM
Interestingly, Tunch Ilkin is *very* positive about this game. In fact, he's more confident about this matchup than he was about KC. His reasoning is very simple: Our line is better than their line on both sides of the ball. He's got a point IMO.
This New England team is good, but they're not the dominant team we're used to seeing. We match up against them *very* well.

*edit* forgot to post the link... http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Keeping-Brady-off-the-field/9708f6ca-dac4-4a4b-8cc6-2180b7a17e8b http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Thursday-practice-report/8dc54b13-a89c-4186-a344-82aea6e76614Yep, saw that today on Steelers Live. If Tunch feels good, I damn sure feel good. That dude watches film with the players daily.

01-19-2017, 05:47 PM
Positivity in the absence of realism is delusion. Nothing wrong with choosing against your own team. If I had a gun to my head I'm picking the patriots. I do feel better about this game than I usually do about patriot/steelers games though It is one thing to worry about a Steeler game but to do it every time and saying there going to lose. Defend Ward all you want cause you guys are old chums. I think he has nothing to offer but continue negativity and also a Tomlin hatter. He is now kissing Tomlin's ass!. Again don't value his opinion at all!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps don't get Psycho why guys like you think you know more just because you been on the board longer. Ohh and yor high post count. That means nothing and same for your little friend! Night!

polamalubeast
01-19-2017, 05:48 PM
As I said last week, the Steelers are too good to not believe in them, regardless of the opponent.

Last week, the Steelers were a bad matchup for the Chiefs because the Chiefs were bad against the run this year and Le'Veon Bell was on fire, but some people did not believe in the chances of the Steelers!

GoSlash27
01-19-2017, 05:56 PM
It is one thing to worry about a Steeler game but to do it every time and saying there going to lose. Defend Ward all you want cause you guys are old chums. I think he has nothing to offer but continue negativity and also a Tomlin hatter. He is now kissing Tomlin's ass!. Again don't value his opinion at all!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps don't get Psycho why guys like you think you know more just because you been on the board and have high post count.That means nothing and same for your little friend! Night!

Honestly, I've got *way* more respect for PsychoWard's opinion than I have for yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6sqzxfc9Uw

AtlantaDan
01-19-2017, 06:00 PM

Reverse jinx?:thumbsup::hatsoff:

01-19-2017, 06:04 PM
Honestly, I've got *way* more respect for PsychoWard's opinion than I have for yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6sqzxfc9Uw Not a fan of you either and get over the overrated movie sheeple!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps sorry I retorted Forrest Gump and didn't know he can't defend himself and needs others to do so!

Psycho Ward 86
01-19-2017, 06:21 PM
It is one thing to worry about a Steeler game but to do it every time and saying there going to lose. Defend Ward all you want cause you guys are old chums. I think he has nothing to offer but continue negativity and also a Tomlin hatter. He is now kissing Tomlin's ass!. Again don't value his opinion at all!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps don't get Psycho why guys like you think you know more just because you been on the board longer. Ohh and yor high post count. That means nothing and same for your little friend! Night!

Geez, all that because 2 people think the favorite to win a game is going to win. You can agree to disagree, a forum is all about discussion. What would be the fun of having a board with a thousand people that think exactly the same way. Perspective is interesting and I value you yours believe it or not, even if I happen to disagree. I still feel better and better about this game by the day

86WARD
01-19-2017, 06:22 PM
Reverse jinx?:thumbsup::hatsoff:

:thumbsup:

86WARD
01-19-2017, 06:24 PM
No offense but don't value you opinion to much whatsoever. You want to be negative Nanny that's your thing!

You made that clear when you first arrived. Lol. I couldn't care less what you think to be honest. Where did I say I "hated" Tomlin?

01-19-2017, 06:32 PM
Geez, all that because 2 people think the favorite to win a game is going to win. You can agree to disagree, a forum is all about discussion. What would be the fun of having a board with a thousand people that think exactly the same way. Perspective is interesting and I value you yours believe it or not, even if I happen to disagree. I still feel better and better about this game by the day Yep much to do about nothing and all good! Thanks for putting it real for us.

- - - Updated - - -

You made that clear when you first arrived. Lol. I couldn't care less what you think to be honest. Where did I say I "hated" Tomlin? On your Fire Mike Tomlin Post. Anyhow all good and have a great night Ward.

86WARD
01-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Fire Mike Tomlin, that is all? Maybe critical of some of his choices and decisions during some of the games? Never said I hated him.

01-19-2017, 06:42 PM
Fire Mike Tomlin, that is all? Maybe critical of some of his choices and decisions during some of the games? Never said I hated him. You made the post and don't know who keeps bumping it but you made it. Ps I read some but stayed out of it.

Rotorhead
01-19-2017, 06:46 PM
The key to beating the Pats is rushing up the middle, it clogs Brady's favorite passing lanes (short crossing routes). That is what Houston did against them with decent success (if they had a QB we would be hosting this game I think). We also can not beat ourselves with stupid turnovers and penalties. I think they will scheme to stop Bell, but so did everyone else so we will see if that works. I think we match up better against the Pats than in the past.

polamalubeast
01-19-2017, 06:46 PM
For the fire Mike Tomlin Thread, let's say 86ward was far from being the only one who wanted Tomlin to be fired at that time.

The Steelers had just lost to Tampa Bay who finished the 2014 season at 2-14!

GoSlash27
01-19-2017, 06:47 PM
Not a fan of you either and get over the overrated movie sheeple!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps sorry I retorted Forrest Gump and didn't know he can't defend himself and needs others to do so!

The difference between you and PsychoWard is he's a valued member of this forum and you are not. We have a lot of people around here who hold a lot of different opinions. Some of them are even fans of rival teams. We value them because they are thoughtful, rational, and contribute to the discussion. PsychoWard does that. *You*, OTOH, do not. You are obnoxious, disruptive, and even your avatar is annoying.

If the mods finally decide you've worn out your welcome (please??) , I don't think I'm alone in saying that I'll be glad to be shut of you.

Kick rocks, troll
-Slashy

01-19-2017, 06:50 PM
Again not a big deal and we are just throwing slang around. Do I think we will be friends probably not! I will honestly try to respect your opinion in the future and it was probably good you brought negativity to a positive post. Anyhow night 86 and have a great night!

01-19-2017, 06:56 PM
The difference between you and PsychoWard is he's a valued member of this forum and you are not. We have a lot of people around here who hold a lot of different opinions. Some of them are even fans of rival teams. We value them because they are thoughtful, rational, and contribute to the discussion. PsychoWard does that. *You*, OTOH, do not. You are obnoxious, disruptive, and even your avatar is annoying.

If the mods finally decide you've worn out your welcome (please??) , I don't think I'm alone in saying that I'll be glad to be shut of you.

Kick rocks, troll
-Slashy Sorry don't get mad for your BL post that didn't get you any laughs on here. Sorry that movie is very overrated and so are you for using it! Run your mouth, I don't care and please post more overrated movie quotes from Youtube. Go to bed and hope you have better things to do! Night!

86WARD
01-19-2017, 07:18 PM
For the fire Mike Tomlin Thread, let's say 86ward was far from being the only one who wanted Tomlin to be fired at that time.

The Steelers had just lost to Tampa Bay who finished the 2014 season at 2-14!

Not sure I actually wanted him fired at the time so much as a place to vent about Tomlin.

01-19-2017, 07:24 PM
Not sure I actually wanted him fired at the time so much as a place to vent about Tomlin. Get ya and as fans we fly off the handle sometimes myself included. Again no big deal and have a great night!

Iron Steeler
01-19-2017, 07:51 PM
The past 3 to 4 years this team has been assembled for this . Remeber? We were drafting players to match other players . Those being the Pats.

If there ever is a time to win, it is now, this team was built for this moment!

Go out there a take what is yours and on to thethe superbowl!

PatPatriot
01-19-2017, 08:29 PM
The past 3 to 4 years this team has been assembled for this . Remeber? We were drafting players to match other players . Those being the Pats.

If there ever is a time to win, it is now, this team was built for this moment!

Go out there a take what is yours and on to thethe superbowl!

You guys never beat us, might want to pick new players in that formula.

fansince'76
01-19-2017, 08:35 PM
You guys never beat us, might want to pick new players in that formula.

:jerkit:

pczach
01-20-2017, 02:45 PM
I'm an optimistic Steelers fan. But man when you reach the final four of the tournament you have to understand that you're playing a very good team and can lose the game. I could completely understand anybody looking at this game and thinking that the Steelers are going to lose the game. It's very understandable.

People that say that they have no chance are the fans that are difficult to understand.

01-20-2017, 10:22 PM
I'm an optimistic Steelers fan. But man when you reach the final four of the tournament you have to understand that you're playing a very good team and can lose the game. I could completely understand anybody looking at this game and thinking that the Steelers are going to lose the game. It's very understandable.

People that say that they have no chance are the fans that are difficult to understand. Understand peoples fear but when they say they go in every week expecting a bad out come. Like Hall and Oates I can't go for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps not delusional but like our chances better and being honest.

- - - Updated - - -

We are the more talented and better team and need to go prove it!

43Hitman
01-20-2017, 10:32 PM
Understand peoples fear but when they say they go in every week expecting a bad out come. Like Hall and Oates I can't go for that.

Maybe they are just showing their Method of Love.

01-20-2017, 11:58 PM
Maybe they are just showing their Method of Love. Lol WTF does that mean ? Anyhow lets not ruin a great day for America with nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps get it and fans of all personalities and cool with it even though I don't agree.

01-21-2017, 01:28 AM
Oh and not here to fight with any members and love ya all cause your Steeler fans. Not my reason for joining! Go Steelers!

43Hitman
01-21-2017, 06:08 AM
Lol WTF does that mean ? Anyhow lets not ruin a great day for America with nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps get it and fans of all personalities and cool with it even though I don't agree.You made the Hall and Oates reference, I figured you would get it. I guess I'm too old.

GBMelBlount
01-21-2017, 06:47 AM
Maybe they are just showing their Method of Love.

At least we can all agree that Brady is a bitch girl.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0e/11/d1/0e11d14d89d583d6dc8382f2d35e331c.jpg

GoSlash27
01-21-2017, 07:00 AM

People that say that they have no chance are the fans that are difficult to understand.

I don't begrudge them that, either. Different people have their own ways and none of it affects the outcome of the game. What I *do* mind is people screaming to have the team dismantled after every bad game or disappointing season. "Fire (insert name here)" can have an effect on the team if enough people yell it, and it's a terrible effect.

- - - Updated - - -

At least we can all agree that Brady is a bitch girl.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0e/11/d1/0e11d14d89d583d6dc8382f2d35e331c.jpg

Oh, what the hell....
Tomorrow he'll get some adult education.
/so ashamed :(

pczach
01-21-2017, 09:29 AM
I don't begrudge them that, either. Different people have their own ways and none of it affects the outcome of the game. What I *do* mind is people screaming to have the team dismantled after every bad game or disappointing season. "Fire (insert name here)" can have an effect on the team if enough people yell it, and it's a terrible effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, what the hell....
Tomorrow he'll get some adult education.
/so ashamed :(

I agree with you. Much of the success that this organization has had is because of the continuity they have within the organization and the coaching staff.

The Steelers have a model that they have developed and followed for several decades:

Choose quality people to coach. Support those people by having a rock-solid, reliable organization behind them. Expectations of success and conduct are demanded. They provide quality talent to the coaching staff with an incredible scouting department that is ultimately orchestrated and coordinated by the GM and the ultimate decisions are made by a select few. Everyone works together, and there is input and cooperation between the many levels of the operation towards a singular goal....Winning championships.

On top of that, the organization doesn't overreact to things and they absorb the ups and downs of football, without clear cutting coaches and staff.

Their model works. Fans that doubt that have been proven wrong by the fact that the Steelers have won more super bowls than any other franchise in the NFL over a period of more than four decades.

The fans that scream for someone's head on a play to play basis from the quarterback, to the head coach, to the owners selling the team are ridiculous.

Mojouw
01-21-2017, 12:33 PM
Not sure that top to bottom Steelers roster is better. More stars, but Pats secondary players are likely better and more experienced. Steelers roster is about a year away from totally outclassing them on paper. This game is about which roster can execute flawlessly. Wanna bet on which team does that?

polamalubeast
01-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Why not now?!

Butch
01-21-2017, 04:22 PM
Say what you want I aint scared, bring on the cheats and lets move on to the next game.

Mojouw
01-21-2017, 04:29 PM
Why not now?!

Don't yet trust the secondary to not get caught thinking instead of reading and reacting. Across the front 7, they are just so thin due to injury. I have visions of Blount just hammering away at that front wall. Then Tuitt and Harrison have to take a breather. Then Pats hit you with Dion Lewis against Jarvis Jones, Walton, and Matthews. Or even stay with Blount and he does what CJ ANderson did against an exhausted front in Denver last year.

No established complementary players on offense. Anyone aside from Bell and AB still has serious communication and expectation issues with Roethlisberger that have led to multiple turnovers and failed 3rd down conversions over the course of the season. Rogers, Ayers, James, Hamilton, etc can all be good NFL players, but need an off-season worth of reps before they can establish the level of rapport with Roethlisberger and familiarity with the offense needed to take the next step.

polamalubeast
01-21-2017, 04:34 PM
This team is not perfect, but I am confident that the steelers will at least give a fight to the patriots....No Gronk for the Patriots too.

Butch
01-21-2017, 04:54 PM
Don't yet trust the secondary to not get caught thinking instead of reading and reacting. Across the front 7, they are just so thin due to injury. I have visions of Blount just hammering away at that front wall. Then Tuitt and Harrison have to take a breather. Then Pats hit you with Dion Lewis against Jarvis Jones, Walton, and Matthews. Or even stay with Blount and he does what CJ ANderson did against an exhausted front in Denver last year.

No established complementary players on offense. Anyone aside from Bell and AB still has serious communication and expectation issues with Roethlisberger that have led to multiple turnovers and failed 3rd down conversions over the course of the season. Rogers, Ayers, James, Hamilton, etc can all be good NFL players, but need an off-season worth of reps before they can establish the level of rapport with Roethlisberger and familiarity with the offense needed to take the next step.

IDK our Defense seems to have been doing pretty well against the run, I don't see why you are so concerned. Yes I saw James on the sideline late in last week's game but that's not every game. The secondary hasn't been to shaby either.

As for offense we have been doing pretty well with Ben, Bell and Brown and the others are complimentary. Last week "The Outlaw" had a decent showing. I have seen Eli and others shine as well. Hell last week we only punted once. yeah we are missing a few pieces this year, but we do what we do with who we have and so far that's been doing just fine. NOBODY has stopped Bell all post season long and I don't see the pats being able to do it either.

Hell when we lost to the cowboys I called this team average at best, but I have changed my mind since then. They made changes on Defense and it has improved this team. We have the Mojo even though we haven't really blown other teams out, but that's just the Steelers way. It will definitely put your heart to the test.

Ben may not be perfect but I still BELIEVE!!! and in Ben I Trust!!! He comes through when he needs to and this team responds to him when he does.

teegre
01-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Not sure that top to bottom Steelers roster is better. More stars, but Pats secondary players are likely better and more experienced. Steelers roster is about a year away from totally outclassing them on paper. This game is about which roster can execute flawlessly. Wanna bet on which team does that?

I'm not sure that I agree.

AB > Edelman
Bell > Blount, Lewis

Steelers O-line > Taperiots O-line

Tuitt > any of those guys
Shazier > Hightower
Timmons > any of their LBs
Harrison > Ninkovich
Dupree > McClellin

The second/third WRs are basically a wash.

Their secondary has played together for a few years, and like the O-line, that is actually more important than talent.

They have the better TEs. Gronk is out, but regardless, Bennett is better than the Outlaw.

I'll give them Brady over BB (as much as it pains me to say). But, that is not a significant advantage.

ANALYSIS:
The Taperiots might be deeper, but I'd rather have one Tuitt than five ho-hum DEs. Yes, the Taperiots can rotate at DE/DT, but I'll take the splash play ability of Tuitt over that group any day. Now, as you said, if Tuitt comes off for a breather, the Taperiots can take advantage. But, for 75% of the game, the Steelers have the advantage.

Likewise, the Taperiots can spread the field with Chris Hogan clones, but they don't have a receiver that warrants a double-team (like AB does). I'll take AB ten times out of ten.

SUMMATION:
Admittedly, the Steelers are younger, and thus, they have higher peaks & valleys... but, some of those peaks are Everest-esque. There is not one player on the Taperiots roster who can match the splash play potential of AB and/or Bell.

cold-hard-steel
01-22-2017, 04:55 AM
The time for talking has passed. I believe the "Mach V" are going to set the tone from the start of this contest . Plowing and grading the way for Bell to produce clock chewing drives that will keep the Brady Bunch off the field. I believe that when needed Ben will find the right receiver to convert the third down into yet another first down to keep the clock rolling.
I believe our effective blend of seasoned vets and simmering youth on defense will be more than enough to produce a savory
victory we will all relish.
I believe that the table has been set and the team we have waited to see take the field and dominate and leave no questions who the superior squad in the A.F.C. is,will satisfy the nation.
I believe today is only a very tasty appetizer on the menu leading up to the main course to be served up in Houston at a later date.
I believe in the visitors 29-17. The reason is quite simple really...........i am a "believer" !!!!!!!

GO STEELERS !!!!!!!

86WARD
01-22-2017, 06:55 AM
Fire Alarm in the Steelers hotel goes off at exactly 3AM leading to the evacuation of the hotel? Lol...

43Hitman
01-22-2017, 07:23 AM
The time for talking has passed. I believe the "Mach V" are going to set the tone from the start of this contest . Plowing and grading the way for Bell to produce clock chewing drives that will keep the Brady Bunch off the field. I believe that when needed Ben will find the right receiver to convert the third down into yet another first down to keep the clock rolling.
I believe our effective blend of seasoned vets and simmering youth on defense will be more than enough to produce a savory
victory we will all relish.
I believe that the table has been set and the team we have waited to see take the field and dominate and leave no questions who the superior squad in the A.F.C. is,will satisfy the nation.
I believe today is only a very tasty appetizer on the menu leading up to the main course to be served up in Houston at a later date.
I believe in the visitors 29-17. The reason is quite simple really...........i am a "believer" !!!!!!!

GO STEELERS !!!!!!!HELL YEAH I'M A BELIEVER!

Mojouw
01-22-2017, 11:30 AM
I think the Steelers can win just not sure they will. Was mostly trying to explain my thinking that they are a year away from being an NFL destroying roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
01-22-2017, 11:31 AM
I think the Steelers can win just not sure they will. Was mostly trying to explain my thinking that they are a year away from being an NFL destroying roster.

A team does not need to be perfect to win a super bowl.

teegre
01-22-2017, 11:35 AM

Makes sense.

You are saying, "Next season: 19-0." (I agree 100%.)

43Hitman
01-22-2017, 11:50 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI get where you're coming from. :-) :tt03:

86WARD
01-22-2017, 01:27 PM

Same feeling I have I think they can win but I don't think they will do it. Not on the road.

86WARD
01-22-2017, 08:09 PM
Legendary? They are a legendary footnote in the Patriots stepping stones to "greatness". Spygate, deflategate, then all their bitches: Dolphins, Bills, Jets, Steelers.

01-22-2017, 08:16 PM
Legendary? They are a legendary footnote in the Patriots stepping stones to "greatness". Spygate, deflategate, then all their bitches: Dolphins, Bills, Jets, Steelers. Can't wait to run your mouth even before the game is over to show off. You my friend are a true ass and not a fan!

86WARD
01-22-2017, 08:45 PM
Can't wait to run your mouth even before the game is over to show off. You my friend are a true ass and not a fan!

Lol. It's not so much runnin my mouth...so much as the truth. Truth hurts. Stay classy with the name calling. Wouldn't expect anything less outta someone of your nature.

salamander
01-22-2017, 10:06 PM
Being a realist doesn't make someone any less of a fan.

Edman
01-22-2017, 10:13 PM
They were legendary alright.

Legendarily bad.

01-22-2017, 10:46 PM
Lol. It's not so much runnin my mouth...so much as the truth. Truth hurts. Stay classy with the name calling. Wouldn't expect anything less outta someone of your nature. I called it wrong and admit but glad I'm optimistic either way. Ps again go fuck yourself loser and get over you hard on for me. Take your little South Park Ben avatar and shove it up your ass!

- - - Updated - - -

They were legendary alright.

Legendarily bad. Beyond horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

I lost a lot of respect for this team all around.

86WARD
01-23-2017, 05:46 AM
I called it wrong and admit but glad I'm optimistic either way. Ps again go fuck yourself loser and get over you hard on for me. Take your little South Park Ben avatar and shove it up your ass!

- - - Updated - - -

Beyond horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

I lost a lot of respect for this team all around.

lol.

Count Steeler
01-23-2017, 06:19 AM
Let's reign it in guys. A little leeway today because emotions are running high, but let's keep it respectful.