PDA

View Full Version : Starks out for a MONTH.. uh oh

Merchant
09-13-2010, 12:35 PM
ESPN's Adam Schefter just reported that Max Starks is going to be out for a month with a high ankle sprain... not good

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5567559

Starks is saying he could be back sooner though..

SteelGhost
09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Very bad news, I hope his sub can protect DD's blind side

steelpride12
09-13-2010, 12:38 PM
I called a high ankle sprain when the injury happened no surprised. Scott is going to have to step in and play well the offense will need it.

venom
09-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Dixon better start scrambling . Max will be back with Ben , nice lol .

LLT
09-13-2010, 12:50 PM
sometimes a smilie says it best.

:frusty:

kmsteelerwr15
09-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Not good, not good at all

SteelerSal
09-13-2010, 01:10 PM
sometimes a smilie says it best.

:frusty:

:lol:

I honestly think that our best QB is on the field with in this situation. Dixon's running and scrambling instincts will just have to kick in and whatever the qb coach has been teaching him about staying focused, take your time, read the field and all your progressions will have to be put on the back burner for now.

I know it was in a losing effort but Mike Vick used his legs alot and was more successful running than passing the ball......might need 50+ yard per game rushing efforts from DD.

Burghfan58
09-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Would I rather have Starks in there? Yes. Do I think he's irreplaceable. No. Let's see what Scott and maybe Hills can do. Scott has at least started NFL games and he stated after the game yesterday on a post game show that he's had more time ( in his pro career ) at left tackle than right. I thought he stepped in and held his own yesterday.

stlrtruck
09-13-2010, 01:51 PM
I thought Scott did a decent job of protecting Dixon. With a few more reps, this offensive line could do some things, especially with Pouncey holding down the center position. He could be the new leader we've been missing since Dirt.

BlastFurnace
09-13-2010, 02:17 PM
I have read on Dale Lolley's column that the Steelers are leaning more towards Tony Hills as the starter.

Dino 6 Rings
09-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Oh well...it is what it is, its not like our Oline has been one of the best in the league the last 5 years or something. It all starts at Center, and works out from there, if we can keep getting a push for the running game and keep the defense honest, we shouldn't need to be that worried about the left tackle position getting our QB killed. We'll be alright, Scott seemed to do alright. Right now, we just need to get through this next game with ball control offense and stellar defense.

vasteeler
09-13-2010, 02:51 PM
hopefully not too big of a deal, i didnt notice a drop off once he left :noidea:

memphissteelergirl
09-13-2010, 02:57 PM
I thought Scott did a decent job of protecting Dixon. With a few more reps, this offensive line could do some things, especially with Pouncey holding down the center position. He could be the new leader we've been missing since Dirt.

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

MULLDOG24
09-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I wonder who is gonna get the shot to fill in Hills, J.Scott, or move Essex from guard..........?

Edman
09-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Eh, we'll be fine without Starks. Our O-Line was not the greatest anyway.

Now, if it were Pouncey who were injured, then we'd have a problem.

HometownGal
09-13-2010, 03:41 PM
It's never good news when one of your starters goes down, but I believe Hills or Scott can fill the gap adequately until Max gets back.

Chidi29
09-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Honestly, I don't think Starks is that great anyway. It sucks that he got hurt and you definitely feel for the guy, but he isn't as good of a run blocker as you'd expect from a guy his size and he's only average in pass protection.

I think, and hope, Hills starts while he's out. Scott is nothing more than a swingman. At least Hills has potential. Scott was active over Tony because Scott can play both tackle spots. To me, Hills is limited to LT. With Starks out, you can activate Hills and still only dress the same backups we did last week, Scott and Legursky, to give you backups that can play multiple spots.

Texasteel
09-13-2010, 04:04 PM
You all know that I have never been a fan of Max, but I still hate to see him go down. Who knows, this may be the push that Hill needs to become what some of us hoped he could be coming out of Texas.

SteelerFanInStl
09-13-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't think it's that big of a loss. Starks isn't a great LT. Hills showed a lot of improvement in the preseason and he's an athletic LT. Let's see what he's got.

Steeldude
09-13-2010, 05:05 PM
or is the O-line so poor that there will no difference in play with the backups in?

steelpride12
09-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey at least he is not out the entire season, we will ride on Scott or Hills until he is ready to come back, I think the OL will be fine.

Devilsdancefloor
09-13-2010, 07:35 PM
i wonder if flo moves to the left side and hills or scott plays the right side...

Soufjerzz
09-13-2010, 08:18 PM
This is apart of the game, injuries and the ability to overcome them usually determine the amount of success a team has. I think Hills and or Scott will do a great job filling in for Starks. I trust Colbert, Hills and Scott wouldnt be on our team if they couldnt play.

Chidi29
09-13-2010, 08:20 PM
i wonder if flo moves to the left side and hills or scott plays the right side...

There's no reason to move more guys around than needed.

Hills was drafted to be a left tackle. Scott has NFL experience there. Pick one of them and just make a basic switch. My vote would be for Hills.

Steeltreal
09-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Scott played for Kugler easy pick

7willBheaven
09-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Honestly, I don't think Starks is that great anyway. It sucks that he got hurt and you definitely feel for the guy, but he isn't as good of a run blocker as you'd expect from a guy his size and he's only average in pass protection.

I think, and hope, Hills starts while he's out. Scott is nothing more than a swingman. At least Hills has potential. Scott was active over Tony because Scott can play both tackle spots. To me, Hills is limited to LT. With Starks out, you can activate Hills and still only dress the same backups we did last week, Scott and Legursky, to give you backups that can play multiple spots.

Ditto

The Duke
09-13-2010, 10:51 PM
I hope Hills shows us why they have kept him until now. First two years he was awful but he looked really competent in the preseason

I'm rooting for him to start. And the titans will be a great test for him

Craic
09-13-2010, 11:07 PM
I actually saw more push on the left side for runs once Starks was gone... interestingly.

it is no secret that the weakpoint of our line is our Tackles this year. I really don't think we will see that much of a drop off. Its time for a backup to step up and show us why he should start in the NFL.

Galax Steeler
09-14-2010, 03:43 AM
This is just one of those thing we will have to work through until he can get back who knows what will happen we might get better at the spot with him out. It will be very interesting to watch.

cold-hard-steel
09-14-2010, 08:25 AM
I actually saw more push on the left side for runs once Starks was gone... interestingly.

it is no secret that the weakpoint of our line is our Tackles this year. I really don't think we will see that much of a drop off. Its time for a backup to step up and show us why he should start in the NFL.

See that Father,we can agree once in a while. The rest will be playing toward the stengths of the new addition. That must fall on the game plan approach.