PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin Calls Patriots ‘A–holes,’ Expresses Frustration At NFL’s Scheduling

smokin3000gt
01-16-2017, 08:43 AM
BOSTON (CBS) — Call it “Spygate 2.0.” But this time, the Patriots are merely bystanders.Steelers All-Pro wide receiver Antonio Brown was capturing live video on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AntonioBrown84/videos/1357315400996153/) late Sunday evening in a victorious locker room after Pittsburgh had defeated the Kansas City Chiefs. The game had been moved from a 1 p.m. ET start to 8:20 p.m. ET due to ice storms in the area that would have made it dangerous for fans to get to the stadium earlier in the day.
In that locker room, head coach Mike Tomlin addressed the team, and he described the Patriots — who are next week’s opponent — using a less-than-endearing term. He also expressed some frustration that his team has less time to prepare for next week’s AFC Championship Game.
“When you get to this point in the journey, man, not a lot needs to be said. Let’s say very little moving forward. Let’s start our preparation,” Tomlin, who could not be seen on camera, told the team. “We spotted them [a–holes] a day-and-a-half. They played yesterday; our game got moved to tonight. We’re gonna touch down at 4 o’clock in the [expletive] morning. So be it. We’ll be ready for that ass. But you ain’t got to tell them that we’re coming.”
After Tomlin’s speech, another voice shouted to the room: “Be cool on social media, man! This is about us, nobody else, man!”
Brown himself was too busy playing on Facebook Live and marveling at the number of viewers rise to have caught that message.
Then, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger addressed the team and again reiterated the importance of not saying anything inflammatory this week.
“It’s a lion’s den. I’ve been there. A lot of us has been there. This ain’t gonna be fun,” Roethlisberger said. “Keep your mouth shut. Let’s play Steeler football and be a Steeler all week.”
Tomlin’s expressed frustrations with playing in New England before. When his Steelers lost on opening night to the Patriots to kick off the 2015 season, he complained after the game that he was receiving the 98.5 The Sports Hub radio broadcast of the game in his headset.

IMO kind of irresponsible of AB (or anyone) to have FB live going in the background... things are always said in the locker room that isn't meant
to be said out loud. Now those aholes in NE have the bulletin board material they need. Video gets interested at about the 2:10 mark..

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 08:46 AM
They ARE assholes. But yeah, really dumb move by AB to have the locker room on simulcast.

steelerdude15
01-16-2017, 09:02 AM
I'm not worried about it. I'm sure every team says things like this about their opponents.

AtlantaDan
01-16-2017, 09:06 AM
They ARE assholes. But yeah, really dumb move by AB to have the locker room on simulcast.

And having his back turned while his head coach is addressing the team postgame

Really not worried about the Pats getting motivated because Tomlin called them assholes - he already is on record about what he thinks of Belichick and the Pats

This on Spygate

When new Steelers coach Mike Tomlin first heard about the incident with the New England cameraman in New York, he said at his weekly press conference, "Where there's smoke, there's fire.''

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2008/02/15/Specter-Patriots-filmed-Steelers-4-times/stories/200802150203

And this on the Steelers coaches headsets not working at Gillette in 2015

Tomlin, asked about the headsets going out:
“That’s always the case.”
“Here?”
“Yes. I said what I said."

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/10/9308763/patriots-steelers-coaches-headsets-cheating-deflategate-spygate

I would think a shot at the Super Bowl would be motivation enough for the Pats

Hawkman
01-16-2017, 09:12 AM
Collect phones rather than guns...at the door.

- - - Updated - - -

Tomlin just has to deal with this shit in ALL of the pressers.

- - - Updated - - -

AB: Sorry coach

AtlantaDan
01-16-2017, 09:22 AM
Never a good sign when I find myself agreeing with Brady

Brady was asked about the video, which he did not see, but was told what Brown said. “That’s against our team policy, so I don’t think that would go over well with our coach,” Brady said.
Added Brady: “Every coach has a different style. Our coach, he’s been in the league for 42 years and he’s pretty old school. He’s not into social media and I think he lets everyone know that. I think our team has a policy, we don’t show anything that should be private because he feels when we are inside our stadium, inside the walls, there has to be a degree of privacy that we have. What’s done in the locker room should stay in the locker room.”

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2017/01/16/tom-brady-reacts-to-steelers-facebook-live-video-i-dont-think-that-would-go-over-well-with-our-coach/

DesertSteel
01-16-2017, 09:24 AM
Well............. another rallying point for the players to back up Tomlin. First the cheerleader comment and now they have to back up Tomlin and beat those a-holes.

All is well that ends well.

Butch
01-16-2017, 09:29 AM
Whom ever said that football players are smart was a liar. Antonio is one helluva wr, but this is absolutely DUMB. I hope this motivates AB to have the best game ever to show his teammates he has their backs.

tube517
01-16-2017, 09:29 AM
He's not into social media. Just "old school" media like cameras.....

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 09:31 AM
He's not into social media. Just "old school" media like cameras.....

And headsets...

SteelerFanInStl
01-16-2017, 09:37 AM
Seriously, Tomlin needs to have a talk with AB. That's some complete B.S. there. You don't broadcast what goes on in the locker room out to the world. Very stupid.

Born2Steel
01-16-2017, 10:19 AM
I notice nobody's bringing a law suit for slander........

86WARD
01-16-2017, 10:36 AM
I can't get over how dumb AB was there. Just plain stupid... he should be fined and banned from Facebook by the team.

86WARD
01-16-2017, 10:37 AM
Seriously, Tomlin needs to have a talk with AB. That's some complete B.S. there. You don't broadcast what goes on in the locker room out to the world. Very stupid.

Agree 100%. If it were regular season, I'd bench him for a half...

Iron Steeler
01-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Whatever he called them assholes. They are assholes

AtlantaDan
01-16-2017, 10:54 AM
I can't get over how dumb AB was there. Just plain stupid... he should be fined and banned from Facebook by the team.

Controlling AB's behavior is like playing whack a mole. Stop it in one place and it pops up someplace else.

It took half a season to get the special gameday shoes and celebration issues straightened out - now this.

AB simply dreads the possibility that nobody is paying attention to him.

86WARD
01-16-2017, 11:15 AM
The actual comments are nothing that any other coach hasn't said a billion times about other teams. It's just that you don't want it thrown out there in public...

Craic
01-16-2017, 11:23 AM
I honestly have no problem with it. After all, in the lockerroom, don't you assume there's video cameras from the media playing all the time, now? Any one of the local or even national press members could have been in there with cameras going.

As for Tomlin's remarks. They weren't directed at anyone. It was a generic statement meant to diminish the opposition. It has nothing to do with any specific player or coach on the team. Overall, much ado about nothing . . . which means it'll get blown up way out of proportion in a week where there's only two games and 24-hour sports coverage.

AtlantaDan
01-16-2017, 11:35 AM
I honestly have no problem with it. After all, in the lockerroom, don't you assume there's video cameras from the media playing all the time, now? Any one of the local or even national press members could have been in there with cameras going.

As for Tomlin's remarks. They weren't directed at anyone. It was a generic statement meant to diminish the opposition. It has nothing to do with any specific player or coach on the team. Overall, much ado about nothing . . . which means it'll get blown up way out of proportion in a week where there's only two games and 24-hour sports coverage.

Agreed Tomlin's comments are not a big deal

The real issue is Brown's latest "look at me" conduct which, as was the case with his repeated 15 yard celebration penalties, once again takes down his team.

I am highly confident Tomlin spoke before any non-league media reps were given postgame access to the locker room. The league's NFL Films propaganda unit may have been in there for video that might be used in a season's highlight package or NFL Network sounds of the game piece (which often includes stirring postgame team prayers and inspirational comments by the head coach) - but access to that video is tightly controlled by the league office and the team.

Mojouw
01-16-2017, 11:35 AM
Who cares? I get the keep it in the family stuff. But like if professional athletes playing for a chance to go to the SB need the motivation of someone calling them an a-hole like a freshman girls volleyball team would - then sweet googley-moogley I might just stop watching the NFL.

Method28
01-16-2017, 11:46 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. I really don't. Probably shouldn't have done it but people are taking this too far.

Tomlin didnt say anything that was incorrect. On ESPN Max keeps calling it ironic as Tomlin is saying we dont have to let em know we're coming... who cares?! They know who's coming, they know what time the game is 😁😁😁

Btw, they ARE ***holes. Thats no secret either.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Born2Steel
01-16-2017, 12:02 PM
AB makes it all good with another 3 touch down game, and no celebration penalties.

ETL
01-16-2017, 12:34 PM
Whatever ....

to me, Tomlin context was that any opponent are "a-holes"

if NE needs this to get them up for the game - then they are a-holes.

tube517
01-16-2017, 12:38 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/zeise-is-right/2017/01/16/antonio-brown-locker-room-video-mike-tomlin-patriots-bill-belichick-tom-brady-paul-zeise/stories/201701160120

Paul Zeise: Mike Tomlin calling out the Patriots is great

Steeltreal
01-16-2017, 12:41 PM
It's all TMZ-esk nonsense. Just like NBC showing Joey Porter on the sidelines, Trash storylines

Hawkman
01-16-2017, 12:45 PM
Who cares? I get the keep it in the family stuff. But like if professional athletes playing for a chance to go to the SB need the motivation of someone calling them an a-hole like a freshman girls volleyball team would - then sweet googley-moogley I might just stop watching the NFL.

I don't care,and you don't care, but Coach has to deal with the fallout of this, all week. Can you imagine how many questions in every presser are going to start with, "Coach Tomlin.....what did you mean by assholes".

DesertSteel
01-16-2017, 12:54 PM
I don't care,and you don't care, but Coach has to deal with the fallout of this, all week. Can you imagine how many questions in every presser are going to start with, "Coach Tomlin.....what did you mean by assholes".
Isn't it self-explanatory?

Iron Steeler
01-16-2017, 12:56 PM

Whatever. It was a dumb move on Browns part but Tomlins not gonna back down from what he said.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasnt alive during the 70s... but i couldn't imagine the jack lambert and mean jo greene give 0 shits if they offended their opponent.

Maybe we should own fully. Yeh you assholes and yes were are gonna kick your ass.

Craic
01-16-2017, 01:00 PM
TOMLIN'S LOST CONTROL OF THE LOCKERROOM!

:rolleyes:

Thank god certain members have been banned.

steel striker
01-16-2017, 01:32 PM
Well we all know what Tomlin said was the truth and, the cheats need that fire them up the have bigger problem than the Steelers.

AtlantaDan
01-16-2017, 01:34 PM
Tomlin had a valid point about the disadvantage in getting back home Monday morning to prepare for Sunday's conference championship. Based on this information get ready for future road teams having to face that problem in the wildcard and division rounds.

The game was not that entertaining if you were not a Chiefs or Steelers fan. But more people watch TV on Sunday night than Saturday night - now that the barrier has been broken Sunday night wild card and division round games are here to stay. It's all about the $$$$$.

ALLD
01-16-2017, 01:39 PM
Well............. another rallying point for the players to back up Tomlin. First the cheerleader comment and now they have to back up Tomlin and beat those a-holes.

All is well that ends well.

Or it could end in another Anthony Smith disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg-YK5DHhvY

Steeldude
01-16-2017, 02:03 PM
Ryan Clark summed it up well

tube517
01-16-2017, 02:04 PM

st33lersguy
01-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Frankly I would rather have this happen than have tomlin be afraid of calling them assholes to avoid the fallout

Shoes
01-16-2017, 02:06 PM
The cheats are a-holes, now go to NE and kick them there. It's going to happen!

86WARD
01-16-2017, 02:46 PM
"Coach Tomlin.....what did you mean by assholes".

We don't live in fear of assholes. Assholes live in fear of assholes and if those gentlemen up north want to contemplate being assholes, well then that's something they can analyze and discuss with me after the game. By nature people aren't very good listeners so if you didn't hear the tape correctly, asshole was the terminology we chose to use at that juncture. To quote out president, "it was just locker room talk". I try to capture a concept or moment and in a few words convey that message to the men in black and gold. If they remember it, it's a job well done and I think we will all remember who the assholes are.

pczach
01-16-2017, 03:02 PM
We don't live in fear of assholes. Assholes live in fear of assholes and if those gentlemen up north want to contemplate being assholes, well then that's something they can analyze and discuss with me after the game. By nature people aren't very good listeners so if you didn't hear the tape correctly, asshole was the terminology we chose to use at that juncture. To quote out president, "it was just locker room talk". I try to capture a concept or moment and in a few words convey that message to the men in black and gold. If they remember it, it's a job well done and I think we will all remember who the assholes are.

https://img.ifcdn.com/images/acc88323a000056c0335e5981448d8336b10f6264074d5b89d 95a9bac7f37767_1.jpg

polamalubeast
01-16-2017, 03:08 PM

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 03:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

:chuckle:

43Hitman
01-16-2017, 03:12 PM
We don't live in fear of assholes. Assholes live in fear of assholes and if those gentlemen up north want to contemplate being assholes, well then that's something they can analyze and discuss with me after the game. By nature people aren't very good listeners so if you didn't hear the tape correctly, asshole was the terminology we chose to use at that juncture. To quote out president, "it was just locker room talk". I try to capture a concept or moment and in a few words convey that message to the men in black and gold. If they remember it, it's a job well done and I think we will all remember who the assholes are.:yup: :applaudit:

Now lets go kick those assholes asses

pczach
01-16-2017, 03:22 PM
:yup: :applaudit:

Now lets go kick those assholes asses

You got that right!

http://prod-mr-user.storage.googleapis.com/assets/user_steelers_broethlisberger7_throwatcamera_14101 01986.682614/400x286/steelers_broethlisberger7_throwatcamera.gif?v=5f92 b2a49e

:lol:

pczach
01-16-2017, 03:46 PM
http://prod-mr-user.storage.googleapis.com/assets/user_steelers_abrown84_bigglewiggle_1484603263.161 909/400x286/steelers_abrown84_bigglewiggle.gif?v=af27be6693

teegre
01-16-2017, 03:54 PM
Ryan Clark summed it up well

Yes, he did.

(paraphrased)

"After games, we couldn't wait to talk to our wives, family, friends... these (millennials) feel it's more important to get the instant approval of a million strangers."

43Hitman
01-16-2017, 03:58 PM
http://prod-mr-user.storage.googleapis.com/assets/user_steelers_abrown84_bigglewiggle_1484603263.161 909/400x286/steelers_abrown84_bigglewiggle.gif?v=af27be6693 :toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny:

Edman
01-16-2017, 04:11 PM

Anthony Smith was a disaster because he sucks.

He has nothing to with his calling out Brady.

stillers4me
01-16-2017, 04:15 PM
Whatever. We've all seen Cowher's locker room speeches. "Who Dey. We Dey". We've all seen Joey Porters locker room speeches. "Who ride. We ride. They shot me in Denver" blah blah blah. There's nothing new here folks.

If the Patriot's don't already know they are assholes, then they are just assholes.

Now...what nobody is mentioning is what I saw when I clicked on AB's live broadcast from the locker room:

I saw a completely butt nekked Steeler. And it wasn't a buff wide receiver body either. Ain't nobody deserves to open up Facebook and see the backside side of a fat lily white NFL lineman. :uhoh:

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 04:15 PM

1. Anthony Smith, albeit a huge bonehead, never guaranteed a win. That was the media putting words in his mouth.

2. The NFC 5th-seeded Giants exposed the "ZOMG! GREATEST TEAM EVUURRRR!!!" for the cheating frauds they were in the Super Bowl later that season anyway.

"Brady goes down!" Still music to my ears...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXJkUA0kduM

stillers4me
01-16-2017, 04:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2UviSFUkAEhNms.jpg:large :lol:

Moose
01-16-2017, 05:38 PM
I'm not worried about it. I'm sure every team says things like this about their opponents.

Can't agree more ! This is blown way out of proportion. I didn't hear anything that Tomlin said that was bad or 'bulletin' material. Although Brown should definitely be fined, punished or whatever reprimand is necessary for playing on his phone in the locker room, especially while his coach is talking to team. Instead of a TEAM player he's starting to act like a selfish 'ME' player......Bunhole player Chad Johnson comes to mind !

Hawkman
01-16-2017, 06:50 PM
Whatever. It was a dumb move on Browns part but Tomlins not gonna back down from what he said.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasnt alive during the 70s... but i couldn't imagine the jack lambert and mean jo greene give 0 shits if they offended their opponent.

Maybe we should own fully. Yeh you assholes and yes were are gonna kick your ass.

Yeah, but no live social media in the seventies. They probably offended many people, but it was either across the line of scrimmage or on the phone.......and I will bet you, if Chuck was talking in the locker room, they were listening.

BnG_Hevn
01-16-2017, 07:31 PM
I agree AB should not have done that, but in seeing that, I have a newfound respect for Tomlin.

AtlantaDan
01-16-2017, 07:50 PM
Now...what nobody is mentioning is what I saw when I clicked on AB's live broadcast from the locker room:

I saw a completely butt nekked Steeler. And it wasn't a buff wide receiver body either. Ain't nobody deserves to open up Facebook and see the backside side of a fat lily white NFL lineman. :uhoh:

This SI.com writer mentioned it in her column on AssholeGate

Brown’s video also caught a teammate butt naked. Literally. It was his backside but it easily could have been his front. In no way was that teammate posing for the camera. Brown owes him a major apology.

A number of good points in the column

Call me jaded, but the only shocking thing was that Tomlin didn’t opt for a stronger moniker—like something with the letters “m” and “f” or even worse. Most teams inherently dislike the Patriots—you know, the too-much winning, the stigma of cheating—but the Steelers abhor them. Also, here’s a news flash: In the NFL, profanity is a far more spoken language than grammatical English.

Imagine if Tomlin would have referred to the Pats as c***suckers - the media would have lost its mind

But SI.com concludes what this mostly shows is Brown's narcissism.

Any semblance of brainpower vanished from Brown’s head during those minutes on Facebook Live—instead his attention was solely focused on his number of viewers. How many times did he let a teammate know, “We’re at 44k!” Most teammates reacted with some quick dance to also show off for the camera or a half-hearted smile of appeasement that screamed, “Yeah, AB you just said that ten seconds ago” and got on with their business. But Brown was transfixed.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/16/pittsburgh-steelers-antonio-brown-facebook-live-week-under-review

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 08:00 PM
Narcissism has been a standard part of the job description of NFL Wide Receiver for some time now. Brown isn't exactly an anomaly in that respect.

"I love me some me." - Terrell Owens

Just be thankful Brown isn't a locker room cancer to boot.

AtlantaDan
01-16-2017, 08:14 PM
Narcissism has been a standard part of the job description of NFL Wide Receiver for some time now. Brown isn't exactly an anomaly in that respect.

"I love me some me." - Terrell Owens

True, although Julio Jones and AJ Green do not have a rep for acting out. But there is a downside - WR divas such as T.O. and OchoCinco ended up being regarded by some as mentally unbalanced while Odell Beckham also is now getting blowback for his act. IMO Brown is entering the pantheon of WR divahood with continuing the celebration dances after the penalties kept rolling in, needing to have Tomlin tell him to take off the special shoes if he wanted to play and now this.

AB may find out that not all publicity is good for business - he is starting to get some nationwide endorsement deals (VISA, Pepsi, XBox) but those could dry up - major companies appealing to mainstream consumers do not like controversy attached to anyone endorsing the product and AB is getting roasted for the Facebook stunt last night

LloydWoodson
01-16-2017, 08:14 PM

What?! Why does Tomlin have to take the blame?! AB is an offensive player and who runs the offense? That's right- Little Toddy! Once again Toddy's lack of discipline rears its head! Notice how all the problem players are Little Toddy's? Bryant, Bell, Blount and Brown!? Fire Little Toddy!

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 08:18 PM
What?! Why does Tomlin have to take the blame?! AB is an offensive player and who runs the offense? That's right- Little Toddy! Once again Toddy's lack of discipline rears its head! Notice how all the problem players are Little Toddy's? Bryant, Bell, Blount and Brown!? Fire Little Toddy!

I still think we need to bring Crash and TeeTee back and confine them to their own little subforum. :lol:

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 08:21 PM
True, although Julio Jones and AJ Green do not have a rep for acting out. But there is a downside - WR divas such as T.O. and OchoCinco ended up being regarded by some as mentally unbalanced while Odell Beckham also is now getting blowback for his act. IMO Brown is entering the pantheon of WR divahood with continuing the celebration dances after the penalties kept rolling in, needing to have Tomlin tell him to take off the special shoes if he wanted to play and now this.

AB may find out that not all publicity is good for business - he is starting to get some nationwide endorsement deals (VISA, Pepsi, XBox) but those could dry up - major companies appealing to mainstream consumers do not like controversy attached to anyone endorsing the product and AB is getting roasted for the Facebook stunt last night

Agreed, but I personally couldn't give a rip about his endorsement deals. :chuckle: As long as he doesn't destroy the locker room (like Owens did everywhere he went) and continues to produce like he has, I can look past it.

And as far as the celebrations go, IMO, he is being singled out. Another penance for voting against Roger's little CBA back in 2011. Why do I think that? Because I've seen too many other players do the exact same things without penalty or fine too many times to feel otherwise.

Personally, I prefer the Barry Sanders TD celebration (act like you've been there before and just toss the ball to the ref), but to expect that nowadays is unrealistic.

86WARD
01-17-2017, 08:04 AM
The "act like you've been there before" TD "celebration" is one of the worst...lol. You scored a TD in the NFL...fucking celebrate it. Who cares?? Oh that's right Goofdell cares.

EzraTank
01-17-2017, 08:08 AM
Stupid move by AB, and we all know had this been a special teams player they would be cut or watching in street clothes.

But people will point to this if they lose and it has nothing to do with this. The Patriots are a great team if the Steelers lose that will be the reason.

LloydWoodson
01-17-2017, 08:36 AM
Stupid move by AB, and we all know had this been a special teams player they would be cut or watching in street clothes.

But people will point to this if they lose and it has nothing to do with this. The Patriots are a great team if the Steelers lose that will be the reason.

Only Skip Bayless types will pretend something off the field by one player affected on the field prrformance for 52 other players.

Peezy talked relentless amounts of trash to opponents and the Steelers backed it up.

"Peezy said they were a soft bunch and we came in here and proved it today." --- Bettis

As was mentioned Tomlin has made several anti-Patriots remarks to the media. Calling them aholes meant nothing it was a phrase of speech could have said "knuckleheads."

EzraTank
01-17-2017, 08:58 AM
Here's a much better video!

http://www.benstonium.com/2016/10/pittsburgh-steelers-tom-brady-saw-movie-trailer/

tube517
01-17-2017, 10:00 AM
https://scontent.forf1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/16142186_10210184784208535_1040564612094292832_n.j pg?oh=4e1ca43d8332a76addc453aed81115da&oe=592044F1

AtlantaDan
01-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Tomlin rips AB in today's media conference

Shot across the bow with the "that's why you see great players move from team to team" comment given anticipated AB contract extension negotiations this offseason

polamalubeast
01-17-2017, 11:35 AM
3rd time in 4 weeks that the Steelers have a controversy

The first time it was the comments of Terry Bradshaw, after this is the situation of Joey Porter and now it's Antonio Brown....

tube517
01-17-2017, 11:44 AM

86WARD
01-17-2017, 11:44 AM
Don't forget the Ben story...

86WARD
01-17-2017, 11:45 AM
I like how Tomlin said that the will punish AB but they won't punish "us". Smart.

Method28
01-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Is this Julian Eldleman story real?

Method28
01-17-2017, 11:52 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170117/3b0956e664b698e0c454483f3a8f0e83.jpg

[URL]http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/17/julian-edelman-not-surprised-by-browns-locker-room-video-thats-how-that-team-is-run/[URL]

43Hitman
01-17-2017, 12:15 PM
Edleman is full of shit. He is constantly trying to instigate shit with players on the field in hopes to get a free 15 yards.

DesertSteel
01-17-2017, 12:20 PM
Edleman is full of shit. He is constantly trying to instigate shit with players on the field in hopes to get a free 15 yards.
Well....... who doesn't like a free 15? Lol. AB is the one who brought this on and everything is squarely on him. To complain about others' reactions is a bit like Kelce whining about the refs.

43Hitman
01-17-2017, 12:34 PM
Well....... who doesn't like a free 15? Lol. AB is the one who brought this on and everything is squarely on him. To complain about others' reactions is a bit like Kelce whining about the refs.I wasn't complaining, I was making a statement of fact. lol.

Steelerschik
01-17-2017, 12:59 PM

Hahahaha yep. Regarding his AB comment, he has every right to say what he said considering Edleman plays on a team that has a squeaky clean reputation, is run with great integrity and has such high morals and all. :flipoff:

Method28
01-17-2017, 01:03 PM
Im sick of the Pats houlier than thou attitude. Put me in coach! Im amped! Let me smack the fairy dust off Tammy

vader29
01-17-2017, 03:44 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2lsciep.jpg

fansince'76
01-17-2017, 04:02 PM
Im sick of the Pats houlier than thou attitude.

Agreed. The "Patriots way" is a joke.

86WARD
01-17-2017, 04:25 PM
So would they rather be called Assholes or Cheaters?

Shoes
01-17-2017, 05:07 PM
So would they rather be called Assholes or Cheaters?

I'd say both, cheating a-holes.

polamalubeast
01-17-2017, 05:10 PM
I can't wait for Antonio Brown's comments tomorrow(I hope it will be tomorrow) so we can move on!

GoSlash27
01-17-2017, 05:44 PM
I'm with polamalubeast.
It will all be forgotten after Sunday. AB is a great player, and now it's time for him to step up and become a great teammate. This will be a good learning experience for him.

polamalubeast
01-17-2017, 05:47 PM
I'm with polamalubeast.
It will all be forgotten after Sunday. AB is a great player, and now it's time for him to step up and become a great teammate. This will be a good learning experience for him.

Agreed

AtlantaDan
01-17-2017, 05:57 PM
I'm with polamalubeast.

It will all be forgotten after Sunday if the Steelers lose

With two weeks of stories to be written this will be a major story line if the Steelers go to the Super Bowl - AB is the new symbol of the self-centered pro athlete who is more focused on individual fame than team accomplishments, which undermines all the feel good Band of Brothers stories the NFL wants to sell - media is not going to pass up a chance during Super Bowl week to take a few swings at that pinata

polamalubeast
01-17-2017, 06:24 PM

AtlantaDan
01-17-2017, 06:44 PM

Great find :thumbsup:

But WTF?

Tomlin went after AB because Whitlock, Cowherd and Bradshaw trashed him and now he has changed the way he has coached for 10 years. Cris Carter calls bullshit.

Craic
01-17-2017, 09:44 PM
Somebody in the press is full of themselves.

tube517
01-17-2017, 10:23 PM
p/BPZBHE5jAQc

Antonio Brown's Apology on Instagram

First, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I'm sorry for my actions and behavior after Sunday's game.
I let my emotions and genuine excitement get the best of me, and I wanted to share that moment with our fans.
It was wrong of me to do, against team and NFL policy, and I have apologized to Coach Tomlin and my teammates for my actions.
I'm sorry to them for letting it become a distraction and something that they've had to answer questions about while we're preparing for a big game on Sunday.

Now go beat those ASSHOLES. :tt02:

teegre
01-17-2017, 11:28 PM

A-ha!!! That is how Cowlock are going to spin this.

"We weren't wrong... we were the catalyst for change." :jerkit:

stillers4me
01-18-2017, 05:31 AM

- - - Updated - - -

fansince'76
01-18-2017, 05:44 AM
I figured Brown's Facebook escapades would be pointed to as another example of Tomlin not being "buttoned up." :rolleyes:

"You'd never see that happen in Belichick's locker room!" - as if I gave a flying fuck about Belicheat or his locker room. :coffee:

Edman
01-18-2017, 06:50 AM
Don't care anymore.

Ball out and beat those assholes.

SteelerFanInStl
01-18-2017, 08:40 AM
I'd just like to say "thank you" to Julian Edelman for poking the bear. Taking shots at the Steelers organization is always welcomed. Deebo will be waiting for you on Sunday.

fansince'76
01-18-2017, 08:42 AM
I'd just like to say "thank you" to Julian Edelman for poking the bear. Taking shots at the Steelers organization is always welcomed. Deebo will be waiting for you on Sunday.

I truly hope Mitchell winds up smashing him over the middle like Clark did to Weddle. The 15 yards will be well worth it if it shuts his big mouth.

Edit: I mean "Welker." :doh: :chuckle:

AtlantaDan
01-18-2017, 11:09 AM

Ben is not pleased about Edelman's shot

Roethlisberger was asked his thoughts on Edelman's comments.

“I don't need to speak much; we've got the trophies out there,” Roethlisberger said, referring to the six Lombardi Trophies housed in a room just behind the wall where he was speaking at a podium.

Roethlisberger went on to explain that he has a weekly meeting with Steelers owner and chairman Dan Rooney. The 13-year veteran quarterback seemed to take offense to Edelman's comment specifically because they might be interpreted as a shot at the Rooney family, whom Roethlisberger called “the best (owners) in the business.”

“They're family to us, and I'm sure if (Edelman) talked to his owner he would say the same thing about the Rooneys,” Roethlisberger said. “Anybody in here or in the football world or in the regular world who knows the Rooneys know what they are and what they stand for. And it's a blessing to call them family.

“I have played with guys who have come from other teams, and they looked shocked when they see our owners – whether it's Mr. Rooney (Dan) or Art – walking around practice. They don't ever see their owners. We see our owners every single day. And I think it's just a blessing to know that they care about us. And that that's one of the reasons we want to go win.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/11802436-74/roethlisberger-edelman-steelers

Props to Edelman for allowing the Steelers to go on the offensive :drink:

smokin3000gt
01-18-2017, 11:19 AM
:pop2:

86WARD
01-18-2017, 12:35 PM
I figured Brown's Facebook escapades would be pointed to as another example of Tomlin not being "buttoned up." :rolleyes:

"You'd never see that happen in Belichick's locker room!" - as if I gave a flying fuck about Belicheat or his locker room. :coffee:

Belichick had a convicted murderer on his roster. Steelers just have one of his friends and a coach that uses foul language.

86WARD
01-18-2017, 12:37 PM

Roethlisberger was asked his thoughts on Edelman's comments.

“I don't need to speak much; we've got the trophies out there,” Roethlisberger said, referring to the six Lombardi Trophies housed in a room just behind the wall where he was speaking at a podium.

Roethlisberger went on to explain that he has a weekly meeting with Steelers owner and chairman Dan Rooney. The 13-year veteran quarterback seemed to take offense to Edelman's comment specifically because they might be interpreted as a shot at the Rooney family, whom Roethlisberger called “the best (owners) in the business.”

“They're family to us, and I'm sure if (Edelman) talked to his owner he would say the same thing about the Rooneys,” Roethlisberger said. “Anybody in here or in the football world or in the regular world who knows the Rooneys know what they are and what they stand for. And it's a blessing to call them family.

“I have played with guys who have come from other teams, and they looked shocked when they see our owners – whether it's Mr. Rooney (Dan) or Art – walking around practice. They don't ever see their owners. We see our owners every single day. And I think it's just a blessing to know that they care about us. And that that's one of the reasons we want to go win.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/11802436-74/roethlisberger-edelman-steelers

:tt02:

Mamaduck43
01-18-2017, 02:10 PM
I love the irony of the Pats getting press on some other teams video coverage of lockeroom antics.... For all we know, they might have already had our lockerroom bugged - - remnants of Blount's short stay here...... You know for sure that the visitor's areas of their stadium is not a 'bug free' zone - - - and with all of those assholes there has got to be a lot of bugs flying around.......

Go, Steelers - - - - kick the Pats assholes!!!!!!!

teegre
01-18-2017, 02:21 PM

Ike Taylor might suit up for this game... just to knock Edelman out.

Count Steeler
01-18-2017, 02:44 PM

Someone should have handed him a Terrible Towel.

AtlantaDan
01-18-2017, 03:04 PM
New England Patriots receiver Julian Edelman criticized his team’s AFC Championship Game opponent today, saying his team would never share locker room videos like Pittsburgh Steelers star Antonio Brown did in the minutes following his team’s divisional round win on Facebook Live.

“That’s just not how we operate around here,” said Edelman. “We keep a tight lid on things. Nothing gets out if we don’t want it to. I mean, we have hours of footage from all over the Steelers facility — the locker room, the coaches’ offices, their practice field — and we’ve been watching it all week to prepare for Sunday, but you don’t see us sharing it with the world, do you? That’s because we practice a little something here called The Patriot Way, okay? We do stuff the right way.”

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick would not comment on what Edelman had to say at his press conference today.

“I don’t get into that kind of thing,” said Belichick. “And I definitely don’t discuss publicly where we do or do not have hidden cameras in every stadium and practice facility in the NFL.”

The Steelers responded today by announcing they will have all of their facilities swept for cameras and audio recording devices, but star running back Le’Veon Bell said New England’s surveillance won’t be of any help in stopping him.

“Any room I’m in is full of smoke,” he said, “so no way they saw anything.”

https://medium.com/sportspickle/patriots-say-they-would-never-share-their-videos-of-the-steelers-locker-room-and-practice-field-e89347379fe6#.og4ubhens

:sofunny::sofunny:

stillers4me
01-18-2017, 03:16 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170118/17cea1649178ee843b5bcddc0934c9e1.jpg

tube517
01-19-2017, 04:51 PM
394917930845982 Shannon Sharpe having an issue with Edelman's response.

43Hitman
01-19-2017, 05:02 PM
394917930845982 Shannon Sharpe having an issue with Edelman's response.Damn, he nailed it. That's gotta sting if you're a *Pats fan or player. Shit just got real.

Psycho Ward 86
01-19-2017, 05:16 PM
394917930845982 Shannon Sharpe having an issue with Edelman's response.

holy shit. obliterated. i hope the steelers use Edelman's words as bulletin board material. What he said, NOT what Tomlin said if anything is real bulletin board material

86WARD
01-19-2017, 06:29 PM
holy shit. obliterated. i hope the steelers use Edelman's words as bulletin board material. What he said, NOT what Tomlin said if anything is real bulletin board material

Yeah...Edelman kinda turned it around didn't he?