PDA

View Full Version : Article before the playoffs:Big Ben wants Le'Veon Bell to have a 'Terrell Davis' playoff run

polamalubeast
01-15-2017, 11:54 PM
Ben Roethlisberger was in high school when he watched Terrell Davis help carry John Elway to the only two Super Bowl championships of the Hall of Fame quarterback's career.

Two decades later, Big Ben hopes that Le'Veon Bell can have a similar type of playoff run as Davis enjoyed in the late 1990s, as Bell prepares to make his playoff debut this Sunday against the Miami Dolphins. Roethlisberger said that, after watching an NFL Network documentary about one of Denver's first Super Bowl championship teams, he had a conversation with Bell about what Davis did for the Broncos, and how Bell can make the same impact for the Steelers.

"I think he took it well," Roethlisberger said about his conversation with Bell. "I don't even how old he was when it happened, but he knew all the situations and stuff."

Steelers fans certainly remember Davis, who rushed for 139 yards and a touchdown in Denver's victory in Pittsburgh in the 1997 AFC Championship Game. In Super Bowl XXXII two weeks later, Davis, despite missing the entire second quarter with a migraine headache, rushed for 157 yards and a Super Bowl record three touchdowns in the Broncos' upset victory over the Packers.

Davis, the 1998 NFL MVP and a finalist for this year's Hall of Fame class, is the Lynn Swann of running backs when it comes to making a career out of playing big in big games. In eight career playoff games, Davis rushed for 1,140 yards and 12 touchdowns while leading the Broncos to back-to-back world championships in 1997 and '98, as Elway was able to retire as a Super Bowl champion following Denver's victory over the Falcons in Super Bowl XXXIII.

"When I was watching (an NFL Films documentary about Denver's Super Bowl run), it was all TD," Roethlisberger said. "He was the one that really got them into the Super Bowl."

read more

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Big-Ben-wants-LeVeon-Bell-to-have-a-Terrell-Davis-playoff-run-50282774

teegre
01-16-2017, 12:04 AM
That'd be awesome!!!

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 12:06 AM
Without the migraines, please.

polamalubeast
01-16-2017, 05:48 AM