PDA

View Full Version : Travis Kelce Blames the Refs for KC Loss

dislocatedday
01-15-2017, 11:21 PM
I just saw on NFL network a locker room interview with Travis Kelce where he blamed the refs for KC losing the game, and in particular the holding call by Eric Fisher on James Harrison on the 2-pt conversion. Despite that it was a BLATANT hold obvious to anyone who saw the replay, Kelce claims Fisher did nothing and Harrison just fell down. He specifically called out the ref wearing #51 and used a bunch of bleeped -out curse words to describe the refs performance tonight.

If I could find video online I would post it, but I can't yet find a video link. I'm sure this is going to draw even more fines on top of his unsportsmanlike conduct penalty during the game.

I'm sure he is disappointed, but for him to think the Chiefs lost because of the referees is just assinine. Enjoy your offseason Travis.

fansince'76
01-15-2017, 11:22 PM
Harrison wasn't held, he was TACKLED.

Craic
01-15-2017, 11:23 PM
Harrison wasn't held, he was TACKLED.

WRONG!!!!!! HARRISON WAS NOT TACKLED.

He was mugged.

:chuckle:

tube517
01-15-2017, 11:24 PM
820847986548899840 :rofl2:

Shoes
01-15-2017, 11:25 PM
Kelce after the game.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/AH_zps0hbx4zgn.jpg (http://s190.photobucket.com/user/vestkap/media/AH_zps0hbx4zgn.jpg.html)

fansince'76
01-15-2017, 11:29 PM
And I won't bother to mention the three times (at least) the playclock was at zero on their offense with no flag forthcoming.

teegre
01-15-2017, 11:29 PM
Kelce, how about the personal foul penalty that was called on Maclin (which would have off-set Davis' helmet-to-helmet call) that mysteriously got picked up???

pczach
01-15-2017, 11:33 PM
I said this in another thread.

You hear this from the guy that dropped a deep pass down the middle that hit him in the hands and took a stupid personal foul penalty when he flattened Cockrell about 30 seconds after the play was over.

There is a Jerramy Stevens quality about him after this game. Kelce is a great player, but that's just bush league.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-15-2017, 11:36 PM
Dude is Burfict on Offense! Talented but garbage inside!!

fansince'76
01-15-2017, 11:37 PM
Dude is Burfict on Offense! Talented but garbage inside!!

Nah - Kelce is a hothead, Birth Defect is a frigging borderline psychopath who needs to be drummed out of the league before he kills someone.

01-15-2017, 11:42 PM
Nah - Kelce is a hothead, Birth Defect is a frigging borderline psychopath who needs to be drummed out of the league before he kills someone.
Both are nutcases and hurt there team when it matters. Amazing he wasn't tossed!

tube517
01-16-2017, 12:23 AM

st33lersguy
01-16-2017, 12:28 AM
DA STEALERS PAYED DA REFS, JUS LIKE DA STEALERS PAY DA REFS EVRYTIME DAY WIN PLAYOFF GAMES, EVEN DA DOLPHINS GAME LAS WEEK!!

Honestly, to watch butthurt losers complain about the officiating after the Steelers wins only sweetens the victory

Hawkman
01-16-2017, 12:33 AM
WRONG!!!!!! HARRISON WAS NOT TACKLED.

He was mugged.

Oh I don't know....I thought it was a great take down.

GoSlash27
01-16-2017, 12:34 AM
I've got nothing bad to say about Kelce. He's a competitor and he's emotionally invested in the fortunes of his team. He also happens to be a *very* good TE. I think it's unfair to compare him to Burfict.

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 12:36 AM
I've got nothing bad to say about Kelce. He's a competitor and he's emotionally invested in the fortunes of his team. He also happens to be a *very* good TE. I think it's unfair to compare him to Burfict.

That and he's a typical Millennial who was raised with pizza parties and participation trophies for coming in seventh place his whole life and has no mechanism for coping with losing.

Butch
01-16-2017, 12:40 AM
You know I could at least understand if it was a close play but that was not even a marginal hold he took James down. While I won't compare him to the idiot in cincy, but his rant was complete Bull snot, and if he had maybe played a little better then his team wouldn't have needed to rely on the 2 point conversion. Rather than looking at the refs for that call look at your own mistakes and take it like a man, instead of trying to deflect the spotlight.

01-16-2017, 12:43 AM
I've got nothing bad to say about Kelce. He's a competitor and he's emotionally invested in the fortunes of his team. He also happens to be a *very* good TE. I think it's unfair to compare him to Burfict. Dude after pushing Cockroll down and then giving the Refs the finger right in there face right before commercial. Who gets away with that other then him ? He has temper issues! Anyhow good riddance!

Steeldude
01-16-2017, 12:57 AM
That and he's a typical Millennial who was raised with pizza parties and participation trophies for coming in seventh place his whole life and has no mechanism for coping with losing.

This.

01-16-2017, 12:57 AM
Ps Timmons puked weeks back and see how that work out!

01-16-2017, 01:09 AM
Nah - Kelce is a hothead, Birth Defect is a frigging borderline psychopath who needs to be drummed out of the league before he kills someone. Sorry I have no respect for certain players that play after the whistle and then give the refs a finger right in there face. Again got thrown out earlier this season in a game because his issues. Dude is a nut case and again amaze how you support other teams players!

polamalubeast
01-16-2017, 04:32 AM

Count Steeler
01-16-2017, 05:25 AM
I have resigned myself to expect questionable calls from the refs. It is just part of the game now. However, that call is owed Harrison hundreds of times over, because like James said, it is a call he gets every blue moon. He should get at least 2 of them per game.

I just shook my head at the "all star" ref in the Cryboys game. Forget which DB it was, but he was getting away with holding and mugging the GB receivers all game long. The worst was when the GB WR Jersey was pulled right over his shoulder pads, right in front of the ref, and there was no call. "All stars".

86WARD
01-16-2017, 06:51 AM
Gunter.

SteelerFanInStl
01-16-2017, 07:18 AM
Kelce is a little bitch. I lost all respect that I had for him. Maybe if he actually showed up, they might have won? His cheap shot on Cockrell better get him a huge fine.

AtlantaDan
01-16-2017, 07:24 AM

tube517
01-16-2017, 07:31 AM

Also he went to U of Cincinnati.

LloydWoodson
01-16-2017, 07:58 AM
Harrison was held. If Fisher hadn't held Smith would have gotten the ball off anyways.

Harrison definitely slipped as a result of the hold and wasn't tackled so much as taken off his footing.

Some are saying Debo took a dive! They must not know what he is about haha. That's the last man on earth looking for a handout for a ref. And why would Harrison expect to draw a flag? He gets held without a call 20+ times a season without a call.

Harrison did slip. If Fisher hadn't clotheslined him first the conversion would have counted.

- - - Updated - - -

Kelce is a cancer. They should trade him. Eric Berry challenged his teammates to loook in the mirror and ask if they gave everything they had; Kelce blamed the ref for calling an abvious hold. One of these players represents a culture of winning and the other belongs in Cleveland "BECAUSE HES A SOLDIER!"

Shoes
01-16-2017, 08:04 AM

Post of the year!!

smokin3000gt
01-16-2017, 08:20 AM

man... him being a mellennial makes me feel old...

agreed tho

BigNastyDefense
01-16-2017, 08:26 AM
He was held, it was blatant. He gets held just about every time he rushes the passer, because if they don't hold him, he's going to destroy the QB. He gets held all game every game, and he's lucky to have it called once or twice a season.

That play wasn't why they lost the game. They couldn't win the game on that play, just force overtime, if the Steelers don't score on their ensuing possession.

I'm sure there were calls that the refs missed on both teams, that's officiating. But the holding call wasn't a bad call, it was the right call, and it was literally right in front of the official who then had to call it because the LT made no attempt whatsoever to be subtle about it.

LloydWoodson
01-16-2017, 08:32 AM
Dallas got screwed by the officials though: go look up the PI on Witten that wasn't called it will blow your mind and 15 yard penalty on Butler for running to the huddle and then being called back to the sidelines for different personnel.

If Kelce was in the right I wouldn't consider it whining and refs are determining outcomes more than ever. I can see how Chiefs fans could see the call as BS because they are biased and because Harrison slipped. Facts are facts and Fisher is not allowed to rear naked choke defenders.

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 08:34 AM
Harrison "slipped" because he basically got tackled. The call wasn't even close.

LloydWoodson
01-16-2017, 08:37 AM
If you watch it again Harrison loses his footing. That's why he was able to be tackled so easily.

I agree that it was holding; I am saying I can see how Harrison could be perceived as diving by others if they are as biased as every other NFL fan base.

Born2Steel
01-16-2017, 08:58 AM
If you watch it again Harrison loses his footing. That's why he was able to be tackled so easily.

I agree that it was holding; I am saying I can see how Harrison could be perceived as diving by others if they are as biased as every other NFL fan base.

I think if Harrison doesn't go down there, no flag. Since it looked like a complete take down, there had to be a flag.

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 09:06 AM

Again, it wasn't even close. Even the still-butthurt-over-SB-XL whiners on the Suckhawks site didn't dispute it.

tube517
01-16-2017, 10:59 AM
http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t649/dkpghsports1/holding2ptc_zpsnwzd3bko.gif

Fisher yanks Deebo's ass down from the back.

Kelce's drunk.

86WARD
01-16-2017, 11:14 AM
Nothing to do with Harrison's footing until he was yanked to the ground.

Craic
01-16-2017, 11:14 AM

He does lose his footing (steps on the side of his foot before being yanked down). However, if you watch Tube's video, you'll see his upper body being jerked backwards, which can only happen if he's been held. I understand what you're saying, but in truth, for anyone to perceive this as diving, they don't just have to be biased, they have to patently ignore the upper half of Harrison's body. So, it takes more than bias to conclude he dove. It takes a willing ignorance.

Again, it wasn't even close. Even the still-butthurt-over-SB-XL whiners on the Suckhawks site didn't dispute it.
You sure love that Seahawks site. Something you wanna tell us? A secret love, perhaps? :chuckle:

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 11:27 AM
You sure love that Seahawks site. Something you wanna tell us? A secret love, perhaps? :chuckle:

I go over there for laughs. And they never disappoint.

Edman
01-16-2017, 11:28 AM
Its easy to lose your footing when someone basically pulls you to the ground. James Harrison has been held and tackled his entire career with nary a call.

I've been surfing the Chiefs site and the KC fans don't have a have a high opinion on him either. It turns out Kelce is kind of a prick.

ALLD
01-16-2017, 01:44 PM
KC is just upset that they were holding all game and the refs waited to throw the flag at a crucial moment.

tube517
01-16-2017, 03:19 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18488831/andy-reid-kansas-city-chiefs-disagrees-holding-call-2-point-try

Andy Reid: Holding call on tying 2-point try should have been non-call

"There are certain things you agree with and don't agree with during games,'' Reid said Monday when asked for his opinion of the call. "It really doesn't matter now that we're sitting here. I don't want to be fined any money but I would tell you I was probably leaning the other way. I thought Fish did what he needed to do on that particular block to get that done and the problem is when [linebacker James Harrison] slipped it can look worse than it is.

Born2Steel
01-16-2017, 03:42 PM
http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t649/dkpghsports1/holding2ptc_zpsnwzd3bko.gif

Fisher yanks Deebo's ass down from the back.

Kelce's drunk.

Look at JH's inside foot. He literally steps down on the side of it. That happens because he is being pulled down from the back and side.

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 03:43 PM
:rolleyes:

OK, fine. Give them the 2 points. There was about 2:40 or so left on the clock. Considering that the Steelers punted, what, once all night(?), and that they moved the ball between the 20s with ease pretty much the entire game, they milk the clock as the Chiefs were pretty much out of timeouts, move the ball down into Boswell's range and kick the winning FG anyway.

teegre
01-16-2017, 03:57 PM
move the ball down into Boswell's range and kick the winning FG anyway.

Ding, ding, ding!!!

Born2Steel
01-16-2017, 04:00 PM

OK, fine. Give them the 2 points. There was about 2:40 or so left on the clock. Considering that the Steelers punted, what, once all night(?), and that they moved the ball between the 20s with ease pretty much the entire game, they milk the clock as the Chiefs were pretty much out of timeouts, move the ball down into Boswell's range and kick the winning FG anyway.

Would Haley get credit for scoring 20 pts in a playoff game if it comes from 7 FGs?

fansince'76
01-16-2017, 04:02 PM
Would Haley get credit for scoring 20 pts in a playoff game if it comes from 7 FGs?

:buttkick:

Moose
01-16-2017, 05:17 PM
Kelce is a loser! Maybe he should look at the 3 drops he had and the personal foul he caused his team to attribute to his team's loss. That call on Harrison was a good call, although not called too often, it was still a holding call. His lack of play making is probably the reason he is a 2nd rate player and the ONLY reason he was targeted at all during the game is because the Steeler's took Hill out of the game play. Look's like the ref got the last laugh on Kelce and his attitude !

salamander
01-16-2017, 05:35 PM
Even if he slipped, Kelce was bear hugging him into the ground regardless. Why is it that whenever the Steelers win, it's only because the refs "helped them"? Wait, I know....

DA STEALERS PAYED DA REFS!!!!!!!

SteelerFanInStl
01-16-2017, 07:28 PM

Amazing that they can't seem to see that.

cubanstogie
01-16-2017, 09:29 PM
Amazing that they can't seem to see that.
Looking at the play again thanks to post by tube, its pretty obvious James gets to Alex if not held. Watching game I knew it was a hold but was pretty intoxicated so I wasn't sure if James could get him. Not that it matters it definitely was a penalty but makes me feel a little better.

tube517
01-17-2017, 01:04 PM
p/BPWk7a-B8lV :chuckle:

SteelMember
01-17-2017, 01:59 PM
I think the guy was more popular in One Direction...

http://gazettereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/liam-payne-header.jpg

lol

IowaSteeler927
01-18-2017, 12:35 AM
Thought this was pretty classless by Kelce. I knew the guy had a temper but he hurt his team during the game, and continued to do so after it. Doesn't help that Andy Reid was saying the same thing after the game about that penalty allegedly not being a hold. Laughable to be quite honest. I've seen far less egregious holds get called in the NFL on a regular basis. Harrison busted out is legendary rip & dip pass rush move, Fisher couldn't handle it so he hooked him and tackled him into the turf. They're trying to say Harrison lost his balance, and fell... Ridiculous. Harrison uses that move all the time to great effect and has throughout his career.

teegre
01-18-2017, 12:59 AM
Thought this was pretty classless by Kelce. I knew the guy had a temper but he hurt his team during the game, and continued to do so after it. Doesn't help that Andy Reid was saying the same thing after the game about that penalty allegedly not being a hold. Laughable to be quite honest. I've seen far less egregious holds get called in the NFL on a regular basis. Harrison busted out is legendary rip & dip pass rush move, Fisher couldn't handle it so he hooked him and tackled him into the turf. They're trying to say Harrison lost his balance, and fell... Ridiculous. Harrison uses that move all the time to great effect and has throughout his career.

Welcome, brother. :drink:

IowaSteeler927
01-18-2017, 01:02 AM
Welcome, brother. :drink:

Thanks Teeg! I appreciate that. Long time no talk brother, hope all is well in your life!

I remembered I had an account over in this neck of the woods but I hadn't realized it had been something like 3 years since I last logged on. :doh:

pczach
01-18-2017, 12:06 PM

Great to see you here Iowa!

Moose
01-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the board...enjoy !

IowaSteeler927
01-28-2017, 01:27 AM
Great to see you here Iowa!

You as well man! Hope all is well with you!

pczach
01-28-2017, 08:31 AM
You as well man! Hope all is well with you!

I'm good buddy.

Unfortunately, our football offseason has started a few weeks earlier than we hoped.

I look forward to seeing more of you here.