PDA

View Full Version : Demarcus Ayers Learned To Block Growing Up Watching Hines Ward

stillers4me
01-14-2017, 08:50 AM
It wasn’t the plan to have Demarcus Ayers as an offensive contributor this year. Realistically, there really wasn’t even supposed to be room for him on the team. But opportunities presented itself for the rookie seventh-round draft pick, which resulted in him being called up from the practice squad, and he has been an active participant in the past three games.

Markus Wheaton got injured. Then Sammie Coates got injured. Then Darrius Heyward-Bey got injured on top of that. At one point, the Steelers were literally down to just three wide receivers who were actually capable of playing.

Now, Wheaton has gone on injured reserve, and Coates is essentially just a kick returner now for the remainder of the season, most likely, until he can get his hand operated on, but the Steelers have five legitimate contributors at the wide receiver position, something that should not be taken for granted considering what they have been through..........

Read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/01/demarcus-ayers-learned-block-growing-watching-hines-ward/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

pczach
01-14-2017, 09:01 AM
He had a great example to learn from.

He has been showing great effort whenever he is on the field. I like what I've seen so far.

BlackAndGold
01-15-2017, 01:49 AM
This team keeps on finding gems at the WR position.

So impressive.

Born2Steel
01-15-2017, 02:18 AM
I love the way this season has gone, the team has grown, and the future is shining brightly. No matter what happens at KC later today, I'm really proud of how THIS team came together. Ayers has become a piece of the puzzle that is the 2016/17 Steelers. Just a moment in time, in sports history. Yet a proud moment for Steelers fans.

86WARD
01-15-2017, 05:00 AM
LIES!!!! Haley planted this story. Hines Ward blocked like any other receiver...he didn't have any kind of impact. Fairy tale!