PDA

View Full Version : Has Le'Veon Bell created a new rushing style?

stillers4me
01-11-2017, 05:14 AM
As Le'Veon Bell (http://www.nfl.com/player/le%27veonbell/2540175/profile) was slicing and dicing Miami's defense (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000771526/article/steelers-dominate-early-vs-dolphins-will-face-chiefs) last week, CBS analyst Phil Simms christened the sinewy Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) running back "The Great Hesitator."

Bell's trademark patience has captured the football world's imagination, standing as the symbol of Pittsburgh's eight-game winning streak.

"The most patient that I've ever seen," Chiefs (http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/profile?team=KC) coach Andy Reid said this week, via the team's official website. "That's a unique style -- one that he's kind of created (http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Reid-on-Steelers%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99-RB-The-Most-Patient-I%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99ve-Ever-Seen/cd210764-a969-4ea5-b625-4a2a0d3c7b6b) ... that delay to get to the line of scrimmage. It's been effective for him. He's really the only one that does it, so it's unique."
There's a fine line between patience and pussyfooting.

Football coaches have long decried hesitant backs, beseeching runners to "put your foot in the ground" and "hit the hole with authority" rather than dancing at the line of scrimmage.

Bell succeeds with a sixth sense, bypassing vanishing holes in favor of ones that have yet to open. He harbors implicit trust in his offensive line, believing that a potential crease will materialize even as unexpected flashes of color (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000654378/article/2015-qb-redraft-jameis-winston-vs-marcus-mariota) threaten to shut it down.................

read more @ http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000772625/article/has-leveon-bell-created-a-new-rushing-style?campaign=fb-nf-sf50313590-sf50313590&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

86WARD
01-11-2017, 05:54 AM
Bell = Patient. Mendenhall = Pussyfooting.

When Bell played his first game as a Steeler, the most impressive thing I noticed and my favorite attribute he had that game was his patience.

Iron Steeler
01-11-2017, 08:20 AM
Let me start by saying I love the way Bell runs with his patient style.

Sometimes I wish he would sneak an off tackle sprint to catch the defense off gaurd. Could you imagine playing on your heals the whole game waiting for this guy to pick a gap, but this time he just takes off!

polamalubeast
01-11-2017, 08:22 AM

fansince'76
01-11-2017, 08:22 AM
Bell = Patient. Mendenhall = spin for no reason and then run into the back of one of his linemen and fall down.

Fixed.

tube517
01-11-2017, 08:37 AM
Fixed.

Yeah but Spinandfall was a better humper of Ben....

86WARD
01-11-2017, 08:38 AM
Lol.

fansince'76
01-11-2017, 08:38 AM
Yeah but Spinandfall was a better humper of Ben....

And posting dumb shit on Twitter...

LloydWoodson
01-11-2017, 08:43 AM
Bell = Patient. Mendenhall = Pussyfooting.

When Bell played his first game as a Steeler, the most impressive thing I noticed and my favorite attribute he had that game was his patience.

Haha true. Mendenhall was so hated for doing the same thing but less effectively.

Mendenhall had his best year in 2010: 1273 yds, 13 TDs, 3.9, 23 rec, 167 yds

That OL started Jon Scott at LT for 9 games then he went down and Max Starks was called up off his couch. Legursky and Kemoeatu at guard. 35 year old Flozell being the Harrison of the OL and second best next to Pouncey who was a rookie.

Moose
01-11-2017, 09:11 AM
Bell's rushing style is suited for him. By that I mean with his speed he can afford to pause a second behind the blocker's to wait for that small opening that he can hit and pick up the yards. A big, strong RB (ie BUS), uses his own force to move blocker's and can't afford to wait for an opening....they make their own openings. Other smaller, fast runner's may try to follow on Bell's style, but in my opinion you also have to have the patience to 'wait and see' the play break and I'm not sure younger player's coming up will have that patience at first.

polamalubeast
01-11-2017, 09:11 AM

tube517
01-11-2017, 09:15 AM

Who are these nameless grey faces yapping?

All I hear is dust in the wind.... :chuckle:

teegre
01-11-2017, 09:31 AM

I feel bad for Ezekial Elliott... because, Skip Bayless is the kiss of death.

fansince'76
01-11-2017, 09:38 AM
"I tell ya, Johnny Manziel is gonna make Cleveland forget all about LeBron James!"

:rolleyes:

Speaking of which, talk about falling off the face of the Earth - what has Johnny Rehab been up to lately? At one time it seemed like there was a media story about him every week, but it's been silent for months on that front (thankfully).

Ah, OK. Yeah...NO...

Mojouw
01-11-2017, 11:00 AM
He definitely runs like no other back I've ever seen. I don't know if anyone else will be able to copy/mimic it because of the combination of vision, acceleration, and trust from your coaching staff that you need to pull it off.

Kids are going to try it and get benched for not exploding through the line...

Moose
01-11-2017, 11:10 AM
He definitely runs like no other back I've ever seen. I don't know if anyone else will be able to copy/mimic it because of the combination of vision, acceleration, and trust from your coaching staff that you need to pull it off.

Exactly ! That's what I meant on my above thread reply. Some future player's may be able to somewhat mimic the pause/run he does, but you have to have the body style, speed, waiting patience and mind set etc., and I don't really see many coming forward in the future. Kind of like the Troy style play.....I very seriously doubt we will ever see another safety as great a player as Troy and abuse his body in his defensive play.

Mojouw
01-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Exactly ! That's what I meant on my above thread reply. Some future player's may be able to somewhat mimic the pause/run he does, but you have to have the body style, speed, waiting patience and mind set etc., and I don't really see many coming forward in the future. Kind of like the Troy style play.....I very seriously doubt we will ever see another safety as great a player as Troy and abuse his body in his defensive play.

Right!? Just in the last dozen or so years, Steelers fans have been able to watch a handful of truly unique players. Troy, Ben, AB, and Bell. Never going to see guys play like they do again.

polamalubeast
01-11-2017, 11:57 AM

Steel Peon
01-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Mendenhall was so hated for doing the same thing but less effectively.

Mendy had 2 key differences going against him when compared to what Bell is doing these days. One, he made himself too visible and never disguised the running lane he planned on taking, and of course while trying worthless stutter steps and spin moves. Two, he ran behind a mostly patchwork O-Line in an offense run by Bruce Arians, who skipped "run play day" in OC school. Bell has a great O-Line and OC who all understand how run plays work, and how to maximize Bell's style of running.

Steeldude
01-11-2017, 01:29 PM
No.

steelreserve
01-11-2017, 01:50 PM
It's not a "style." He just has an incredible instinct for predicting where people are going to move in about a second or two, and then acting on it lightning-fast.

A style is an approach that you can duplicate with practice. What Bell does is just called being better than everyone else. Most RBs can figure out where 1 or 2 people are going; Bell does it with 8 or 9 people, and he puts it all together instantaneously. 99.99% of players are just not ever going to be able to do that no matter how much they try to emulate him. You might as well try to teach Barry Sanders' running style or Bo Jackson's athletic ability. Not gonna happen.

Shoes
01-11-2017, 02:06 PM

Agreed! I also think Bell & the oline are starting to know what each other are thinking and that is very special.

tube517
01-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Agreed! I also think Bell & the oline are starting to know what each other are thinking and that is very special.

The Women's Golf Coach was talking about Le'Veon one time and he said that you can hear all the coaches (Munchak and others) yelling "Hit the hole" and being anxious about Bell hesitating. Also, the OL said when they watch the tape, they don't realize where Bell is until they see it on tape. :chuckle:

teegre
01-11-2017, 02:23 PM
What Bell does is just called being better than everyone else.

Yep.
I heard a defender state that he has never seen a RB explode the way that Bell does. "There he is.... he's gone." Which is exactly why I think that the Steelers can beat the Chiefs (at Arrowhead) and the Taperiots (at Gillette)... because, you can't stop greatness. You can watch tape, but it won't really help.

A defender looking to tackle Bell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNLob2E_Q5s

polamalubeast
01-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Big Ben wants Le'Veon Bell to have a 'Terrell Davis' playoff run

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/big-ben-wants-leveon-bell-to-have-a-terrell-davis-playoff-run/

This article was before the game against Miami,so this is a great start for Bell.....I hope he continues and I believe in him!

Count Steeler
01-11-2017, 03:18 PM
It's not a "style." He just has an incredible instinct for predicting where people are going to move in about a second or two, and then acting on it lightning-fast.

A style is an approach that you can duplicate with practice. What Bell does is just called being better than everyone else. Most RBs can figure out where 1 or 2 people are going; Bell does it with 8 or 9 people, and he puts it all together instantaneously. 99.99% of players are just not ever going to be able to do that no matter how much they try to emulate him. You might as well try to teach Barry Sanders' running style or Bo Jackson's athletic ability. Not gonna happen.

Kind of reminds me of Gretzky in his prime. Didn't matter which way he was looking, he seemed to know where everyone was and where they were going to be in 1-2 seconds. Anticipation, blind passes, goal scoring machine.

- - - Updated - - -

Who are these nameless grey faces yapping?

All I hear is farts in the wind.... :chuckle:

Fixed.

ALLD
01-11-2017, 04:15 PM
I used to defend against a guy like that in school. He was shifty and quick with the fakes and fades. I was grabbing at air 75% of the time. You could only bottle him up in a group to tackle him. One on one he was gone.

Bell plays a Peek-a-Boo or Now-You-See-Me-Now-You-Don't style. He sees the OL and D abstractly. I am not sure if he is crunching numbers or seeing geometric shapes or colors while his brain is calculating the holes. He also has a hunter's instincts. On Sunday one of the analysts said Bell takes so long in the backfield that one day he is going to draw a delay of game penalty! Funny. He is fun to watch no doubt.

Psycho Ward 86
01-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Big Ben wants Le'Veon Bell to have a 'Terrell Davis' playoff run

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/big-ben-wants-leveon-bell-to-have-a-terrell-davis-playoff-run/

This article was before the game against Miami,so this is a great start for Bell.....I hope he continues and I believe in him!

it might be happening. never realized how much Elway choked in the playoffs without the aid of a run game

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-11-2017, 04:54 PM
"I tell ya, Johnny Manziel is gonna make Cleveland forget all about LeBron James!"

:rolleyes:

Speaking of which, talk about falling off the face of the Earth - what has Johnny Rehab been up to lately? At one time it seemed like there was a media story about him every week, but it's been silent for months on that front (thankfully).

Ah, OK. Yeah...NO...

818934821015711745http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/johnny-manziel-will-be-at-super-bowl-week-signing-autographs-for-money/?ttag=nfldailyheadline101112017&ET_CID=16181&ET_RID=32542140

GBMelBlount
01-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Always seemed to aim for the wrong holes....

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/456/018/92a.gif

polamalubeast
01-11-2017, 05:40 PM

Iron Steeler
01-11-2017, 05:51 PM
I would like to see hus draft a RB in the 3-5 rounds . Thats the exact opposite of him. Just pure hammer that runs you over and embraces impact. That would compliment Bell very well

GoSlash27
01-11-2017, 06:18 PM
Lev Bell hasn't created a new way of playing the position, he's just doing it his way. He's very good at tracking the flow of defensive players, predicting blocks, and exploding through. If the quality of play on the o line deteriorates or he loses a step, he will regress into a "pussyfooting" RB.
It's not a "new style", he's just in his zone at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

*edit* and it's a good thing, too. I hope his zone continues to work for years to come...

Rotorhead
01-11-2017, 06:25 PM
Right!? Just in the last dozen or so years, Steelers fans have been able to watch a handful of truly unique players. Troy, Ben, AB, and Bell. Never going to see guys play like they do again.

You forgot JH

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-11-2017, 09:26 PM
You forgot JH Agreed and imagine how bad ass he would have been if not let to be held on every play for the last 6 years ? Legendary still though like the other Kent State LB

LloydWoodson
01-11-2017, 09:37 PM
I don't see Bell as revolutionary but I don't see Curry as revolutionary either. Curry shoots more 3s than anyone ever has... and? Other teams without a dominant big have played small ball before. I don't get it. As to Cowherd's point if they changed the 3 point line just because of Curry then I guess I was wrong... but what would they do move it back 5 feet?! Expand the court width to make that possible?! Stupid.

For Cowherd to say NFL players don't change the game and change the rules is beyond stupid. At least 1 rule change happens every year due to an individual player or incident. Hines Ward and Mel Blount are two Steelers who changed the rules. Pretty sure Harrison too the way helmet to helmet hits have been cracked down on and the number of people he knocked out cold McCoy, Massaquoi, Cribbs etc. Burfict might have inspired the two personal foul ejection rule or Suh etc. etc. etc.

Nadroj 20
01-12-2017, 06:56 AM
I don't see Bell as revolutionary but I don't see Curry as revolutionary either. Curry shoots more 3s than anyone ever has... and? Other teams without a dominant big have played small ball before. I don't get it. As to Cowherd's point if they changed the 3 point line just because of Curry then I guess I was wrong... but what would they do move it back 5 feet?! Expand the court width to make that possible?! Stupid.

For Cowherd to say NFL players don't change the game and change the rules is beyond stupid. At least 1 rule change happens every year due to an individual player or incident. Hines Ward and Mel Blount are two Steelers who changed the rules. Pretty sure Harrison too the way helmet to helmet hits have been cracked down on and the number of people he knocked out cold McCoy, Massaquoi, Cribbs etc. Burfict might have inspired the two personal foul ejection rule or Suh etc. etc. etc.

Curry shoots more threes than anyone ever has at 44%. So it's not just about the amount of threes he is taking, he is still shooting at the 2nd best career three point percentage ever, second only to his coach Steve Kerr. But Kerr only took around 2 threes per game for his career vs. Curry's 7-8 threes per game. He made 402 threes last year shooting at 45.4% and before that year nobody in NBA history ever made 300+ threes in a season.

Steph Curry makes people think they don't have to be 6'8" and 245 lbs and to be able to glide through the air from the foul line for a thunderous dunk to be awesome at basketball. That's pretty revolutionary to me but I'm very biased having been a Golden State Warriors fan for more than a dozen years.

They aren't going to move the 3 point line back and Steph has actually came back down to just barely over humanity instead of historically beyond it with the Warriors addition of Kevin Durant. But I do think he has changed the game. In some people's mind though it's not for the better because now all kids want to practice are deep threes instead of learning the basic fundamentals of the game. Kids are now convinced if they are good shooters that makes them automatic great ball players which isn't true at all. If all it took to be a great player was shooting, I'd be in the NBA.

LloydWoodson
01-12-2017, 07:38 AM
If the Warriors set the offense on the perimeter with more picks to get Curry his 3s I would consider that revolutionary. Most of Curry's 3s come off good ball movement and some are off the dribble. I think Curry is just a better shooter than everyone else just like how Barry Sanders was just a better runner it isn't something that can be copied.

Nadroj 20
01-12-2017, 07:45 AM
If the Warriors set the offense on the perimeter with more picks to get Curry his 3s I would consider that revolutionary. Most of Curry's 3s come off good ball movement and some are off the dribble. I think Curry is just a better shooter than everyone else just like how Barry Sanders was just a better runner it isn't something that can be copied.

Well they do and they don't. They do run sets to get Curry an open look, but a lot of times he is creating his own shot which I would argue IS revolutionary. If you think of most of the great three point shooters they are catch and shoot guys or running off two or three screens. Curry isn't dependent on other people to get his shots off which is unique especially at his size.

You're right about the ball movement though. A lot of people bash the NBA because they think of it as a big pickup game. The Warriors run an offense and run beautifully designed sets with screens, cuts and passing. I love watching them play.

Curry is also one of the best screen setters in the entire league. Why? Because his 6'3" 180 lb body is just a brick wall :chuckle: Actually it's because he is so dangerous shooting the ball people have to keep close track of him when they think he is running off a screen but instead he sets the screen for a guy cutting to the basket and it's an easy layup or dunk.

Sorry, if this seems like I'm disagreeing with you or something, I'm not really. I just saw a post about Steph Curry and the Warriors and jumped at the chance to talk some basketball. It's very off topic though so I'll quit my love fest now. :chuckle:

LloydWoodson
01-12-2017, 08:34 AM
Well they do and they don't. They do run sets to get Curry an open look, but a lot of times he is creating his own shot which I would argue IS revolutionary. If you think of most of the great three point shooters they are catch and shoot guys or running off two or three screens. Curry isn't dependent on other people to get his shots off which is unique especially at his size.

You're right about the ball movement though. A lot of people bash the NBA because they think of it as a big pickup game. The Warriors run an offense and run beautifully designed sets with screens, cuts and passing. I love watching them play.

Curry is also one of the best screen setters in the entire league. Why? Because his 6'3" 180 lb body is just a brick wall :chuckle: Actually it's because he is so dangerous shooting the ball people have to keep close track of him when they think he is running off a screen but instead he sets the screen for a guy cutting to the basket and it's an easy layup or dunk.

Sorry, if this seems like I'm disagreeing with you or something, I'm not really. I just saw a post about Steph Curry and the Warriors and jumped at the chance to talk some basketball. It's very off topic though so I'll quit my love fest now. :chuckle:

I prefer it when people disagree with me.

There's a video called "All 402 3s by Curry" on YouTube. 80% of his shots came off an incredibly quick release or resetting off the dribble+quick release. A lot of it is shooting based on proximity to the defender regardless of how far off the line he is. Curry is the Kurt Warner/Dan Marino of the NBA with that release. Players like Crosby, Auston Matthews and McDavid have really quick releases as well in hockey. I think there are definitely better comparisons than to Bell who is the opposite of Curry.

I just turned off the YouTube vid when Curry sank a 30 footer with a sky hook while tripping... looked like Crosby scoring off his knees or back. Nope, you can't teach that.

The irony of Cowherd's comment about moving the 3 arc out is that Curry would be the only one hitting 3s. It would basically take 3s out of the game resetting to the 1960s. It would also benefit smaller teams as the court would be bigger and the bigs would be farther from the perimeter with more room for intermediate shots. I just think it is one of Cowherd's dumber comments: "He's shooting from 27 feet! Move the line to 26 feet! That will show him!"

Nadroj 20
01-12-2017, 09:46 AM
I prefer it when people disagree with me.

There's a video called "All 402 3s by Curry" on YouTube. 80% of his shots came off an incredibly quick release or resetting off the dribble+quick release. A lot of it is shooting based on proximity to the defender regardless of how far off the line he is. Curry is the Kurt Warner/Dan Marino of the NBA with that release. Players like Crosby, Auston Matthews and McDavid have really quick releases as well in hockey. I think there are definitely better comparisons than to Bell who is the opposite of Curry.

I just turned off the YouTube vid when Curry sank a 30 footer with a sky hook while tripping... looked like Crosby scoring off his knees or back. Nope, you can't teach that.

The irony of Cowherd's comment about moving the 3 arc out is that Curry would be the only one hitting 3s. It would basically take 3s out of the game resetting to the 1960s. It would also benefit smaller teams as the court would be bigger and the bigs would be farther from the perimeter with more room for intermediate shots. I just think it is one of Cowherd's dumber comments: "He's shooting from 27 feet! Move the line to 26 feet! That will show him!"

I agree here for sure, even though you may prefer it if I didn't. I can make the argument Curry is changing basketball more then Bell is changing football. Bell is simply patient. You can talk about his athleticism and his burst of speed once he finds a whole which is exceptional. But I don't know that his style is really revolutionary like Curry's ability to literally shoot from anywhere in the gym.

Mojouw
01-12-2017, 11:41 AM
Curry shoots more threes than anyone ever has at 44%. So it's not just about the amount of threes he is taking, he is still shooting at the 2nd best career three point percentage ever, second only to his coach Steve Kerr. But Kerr only took around 2 threes per game for his career vs. Curry's 7-8 threes per game. He made 402 threes last year shooting at 45.4% and before that year nobody in NBA history ever made 300+ threes in a season.

Steph Curry makes people think they don't have to be 6'8" and 245 lbs and to be able to glide through the air from the foul line for a thunderous dunk to be awesome at basketball. That's pretty revolutionary to me but I'm very biased having been a Golden State Warriors fan for more than a dozen years.

They aren't going to move the 3 point line back and Steph has actually came back down to just barely over humanity instead of historically beyond it with the Warriors addition of Kevin Durant. But I do think he has changed the game. In some people's mind though it's not for the better because now all kids want to practice are deep threes instead of learning the basic fundamentals of the game. Kids are now convinced if they are good shooters that makes them automatic great ball players which isn't true at all. If all it took to be a great player was shooting, I'd be in the NBA.

I think that Curry is revolutionary because his unique talents came along at a time that the NBA was teetering on the brink of an analytics driven evolution. You had teams talking about the "long 2" being the worst shot to take in basketball. People were arguing that the #'s backed up either banging it in from the paint or bombing away from outside. Then along came Curry and just started raining three's like we've never seen before. Pair him with those other shooters and suddenly Draymond Green can pass as a center. Their ball movement is something to see. The addition of Durant is just looney tunes. I don't see how you stop them?

One more basketball note. In my alternative dream NBA universe - Lebron joins the Warriors instead of Durant. It would be a sight to see. His playmaking and ball movement mentality is almost hardwired for what Golden State does. Imagine Lebron on Golden States roster playing a point forward role surrounded by those shooters?

Mojouw
01-12-2017, 12:54 PM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2017/film-room-leveon-bell

ALLD
01-12-2017, 01:24 PM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2017/film-room-leveon-bell

That is an excellent example of sports journalism.

tube517
01-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Yeah but does Steph Curry play chess? :chuckle:

http://www.12up.com/posts/4402074-video-le-veon-bell-goes-undercover-as-a-chess-expert?a_aid=40104

Edman
01-12-2017, 02:31 PM
it might be happening. never realized how much Elway choked in the playoffs without the aid of a run game

Troy Aikman wouldn't be where he is without Emmitt Smith.

Imagine how much more success Barry Sanders would've been if he had a competent Quarterback to compliment him, instead of one postseason win ever.

On the flipside, Marino wouldn't have gone ringless if he actually had a running game.

Jerome Bettis didn't win a championship until he had Ben.

It pays not to be one-dimensional on Offense if you want a championship team.

polamalubeast
01-12-2017, 08:21 PM

I love his attitude!

Bell has always been a very confident person since the beginning of his career and he has not disappointed on the field!

LloydWoodson
01-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Just today or maybe yesterday Skip Bayless said Bell wasn't as good as Elliot. Shannon Sharpe preferred Bell and cited his ability to line up as a receiver.

Since Skippy has never been right about anything (says Conor McGregor would beat Mayweather at boxing) it is safe to say Bell is the best RB in the NFL.

86WARD
01-12-2017, 10:14 PM

The closest comparison I could think of was Marcus Allen. He runs a lot like Allen.

Elliot is not even close to the back that Bell is.

st33lersguy
01-13-2017, 12:16 AM
Just today or maybe yesterday Skip Bayless said Bell wasn't as good as Elliot. Shannon Sharpe preferred Bell and cited his ability to line up as a receiver.

Since Skippy has never been right about anything (says Conor McGregor would beat Mayweather at boxing) it is safe to say Bell is the best RB in the NFL.

Skip Bayless probably thought Ezekiel was the best back in the NFL the moment he was drafted by Skip's favorite team

Nadroj 20
01-13-2017, 08:06 AM
I think that Curry is revolutionary because his unique talents came along at a time that the NBA was teetering on the brink of an analytics driven evolution. You had teams talking about the "long 2" being the worst shot to take in basketball. People were arguing that the #'s backed up either banging it in from the paint or bombing away from outside. Then along came Curry and just started raining three's like we've never seen before. Pair him with those other shooters and suddenly Draymond Green can pass as a center. Their ball movement is something to see. The addition of Durant is just looney tunes. I don't see how you stop them?

One more basketball note. In my alternative dream NBA universe - Lebron joins the Warriors instead of Durant. It would be a sight to see. His playmaking and ball movement mentality is almost hardwired for what Golden State does. Imagine Lebron on Golden States roster playing a point forward role surrounded by those shooters?

It would be even more unstoppable then with KD, I agree. If we had LeBron I would instantly trade Draymond Green though because LeBron would do what he does (passing wise) even better to go along with his scoring ability. Trade Green for a true Center and we would literally be unstoppable.

AtlantaDan
01-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Nice article on Le'Veon Bell in Washington Post

And for anyone who thinks breaking up the play or making the conversion on third and long makes someone a hero, consider what Bell's mother has done

Lisa Bell raised three biological sons, two step-sons and two adopted daughters while she worked two jobs, as a secretary in the Columbus, Ohio, school district and a security guard at a mall. Bell would tell his mother he didn’t like to see her working so hard. She would tell him that’s what she had to do to survive.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/steelers-leveon-bell-finds-success-on-the-ground-by-not-rushing/2017/01/12/67b4fd24-d8ce-11e6-9a36-1d296534b31e_story.html?utm_term=.417219baf11f

Dwinsgames
01-15-2017, 12:04 PM
he has a lot of similarities to a few backs from days gone by .... Franco Harris to name 1 especially close to the organization , not identical but a lot of similar things ... Robert Smith is another ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb83GYiGuEc

86WARD
01-15-2017, 02:15 PM
I don't think he compares well to Robert Smith. Where do you see it?

I still think that Allen is the best comparison...yet Allen was a better passer...lol.

https://youtu.be/DY-BNuVbEOk

ALLD
01-15-2017, 04:28 PM
If we can ride Bell to a Super Bowl victory he will get lots of endorsements. Everybody from ZigZag to Doritos will be offering him a contract.

86WARD
01-15-2017, 04:31 PM
ZigZag needs him...

teegre
01-15-2017, 04:48 PM
Funyuns

tube517
01-15-2017, 11:20 PM

polamalubeast
01-15-2017, 11:25 PM