01-08-2017, 04:09 PM

Edman
01-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Ben is a drama queen.

Fire Tomlin.

pczach
01-08-2017, 04:11 PM
Great news....

Let's hope it's not bad and it's more just trying to get ahead of it to heal as quickly as possible.

I still can't believe they called a pass on the play he got hurt, unless Ben audibled to it. I couldn't tell.

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 04:11 PM
And the mind games begin......

SteelerFanInStl
01-08-2017, 04:13 PM
Ben will play next week, no question.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 04:16 PM
So much for "situational football".

Someday you people will learn.

steel striker
01-08-2017, 04:16 PM
You got to be kidding me..

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Btw, that's three of four playoff games Ben has been injured in this "safer offense".

"Situational football"

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-08-2017, 04:23 PM
He promised to play next week. He didn't say good though.

st33lersguy
01-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Should have ran it or at least have Ben throw it quickly. Ben taking that hit was beyond stupid

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 04:26 PM
I said it in the gameday thread...wtf is he thinking...this type of stuff is just absolutely boneheaded...cmon man!!

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 04:27 PM
No, you hand the ball off and walk off the field.

Just like in Cincy last season, it was 3rd and 18, from the 17 yard line up 15 points.

Hand the ball off and punt.

This is what happens when you have an imbecile running the offense.

salamander
01-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Of course he is...

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Oh well it wouldn't be steelers football without some Ben injury drama......

AtlantaDan
01-08-2017, 04:29 PM
He should not have been in - coaches need to protect players

Craic
01-08-2017, 04:30 PM
I said it in the gameday thread...wtf is he thinking...this type of stuff is just absolutely boneheaded...cmon man!!

I agree.

Ben should know to protect himself and go for the run. Even if he did choose to pass, just get rid of it or go down at that point.

Nevertheless, Ben pretty much always plays better when he's injured. So, I'm taking this as a positive sign. Not to mention, Ben in a boot on Sunday is meaningless. All he had to feel was a tinge of pain, and they'd put him in a boot to make sure he was ready.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Drama this you ingrates.....

steelerdude15
01-08-2017, 04:31 PM
I thought he had hurt his shoulder or arm after his second interception. Did anyone else notice how he was moving his arm around after being taken to the ground?

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 04:33 PM
So much for "situational football".

Who are the "you people" you're talking about?

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 04:44 PM
I thought he had hurt his shoulder or arm after his second interception. Did anyone else notice how he was moving his arm around after being taken to the ground? Yes i saw that...Ben can win it all for the team and lose it all...he just abolutely makes me nervous

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Yes i saw that...Ben can win it all for the team and lose it all...he just abolutely makes me nervous
Yeah sometimes in the same game lol.

Moose
01-08-2017, 04:53 PM
I thought he had hurt his shoulder or arm after his second interception. Did anyone else notice how he was moving his arm around after being taken to the ground?

Yea I saw that too. I was just dumb founded on why the hell the 3 "B"s were out there playing after 3 min. left in game anyway. Miami would have to score 3x to make game close anyway.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Who are the "you people" you're talking about?

The people that don't realize that the former women's college golf coach who runs the offense is an unqualified imbecile who should be shagging balls at Scally's in Moon Township.

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 05:07 PM
The people that don't realize that the former women's college golf coach who runs the offense is an unqualified imbecile who should be shagging balls at Scally's in Moon Township.
I hate it too but most other NFL QBs are out there in the same situation. Ben needs to be smarter and get rid of it like Brady and Manning.

Iron Steeler
01-08-2017, 05:09 PM

Dude you have been the most pessimistic anger tone poster since you got here. Whats wrong?

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 05:11 PM
No, what you do is tell Ben to hand off from under center and then we PUNT.

GBMelBlount
01-08-2017, 05:11 PM
He should not have been in - coaches need to protect players

Absolutely. It was an unnecessary risk.

pczach
01-08-2017, 05:24 PM
I just listened to Bradshaw do the highlights of the Steelers/Dolphins game.

He talked about how well the Steelers came out and played early. They jumped on the Dolphins and easily won this game.

I guess the cheerleader had them prepared to play.

He also said that he knows they put the boot on an ankle as a precaution to keep down the swelling. He's worn them before himself, and he says he's sure Ben will be fine.

Why don't I feel any better about it after he was finished rambling and enlightening us with his great knowledge and judgment?

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 05:30 PM

He talked about how well the Steelers came out and played early. They jumped on the Dolphins and easily won this game.

He also said that he knows they put the boot on an ankle as a precaution to keep down the swelling. He's worn them before himself, and he says he's sure Ben will be fine.

Why don't I feel any better about it after he was finished rambling and enlightening us with his great knowledge and judgment?I do not like Bradshaw anymore. His mouth gets him in trouble and I do not believe a word he says. No wonder he has been married how many times..5? lol

86WARD
01-08-2017, 05:38 PM
No, what you do is tell Ben to hand off from under center and then we PUNT.

You have no idea if that did or didn't happen and Ben switched the play. You have NO IDEA...

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2017, 05:38 PM
I agree.

Ben should know to protect himself and go for the run. Even if he did choose to pass, just get rid of it or go down at that point.

Nevertheless, Ben pretty much always plays better when he's injured. So, I'm taking this as a positive sign. Not to mention, Ben in a boot on Sunday is meaningless. All he had to feel was a tinge of pain, and they'd put him in a boot to make sure he was ready.

I have yet to see this...that being said i dont think he's actually hurt. just bumps and bruises and a precaution hopefully. I see this game getting ugly even with a healthy Ben so it better not be serious

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 05:40 PM

Why don't I feel any better about it after he was finished rambling and enlightening us with his great knowledge and judgment?

He's a moron but I agree with him in this instance. He'll be fine.

pczach
01-08-2017, 05:44 PM
He's a moron but I agree with him in this instance. He'll be fine.

I know, but I just couldn't help but comment on how ridiculous he looked and sounded having to do highlights of a Steelers blowout win in the playoffs after the shit he said about Tomlin.

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 05:55 PM
I know, but I just couldn't help but comment on how ridiculous he looked and sounded having to do highlights of a Steelers blowout win in the playoffs after the shit he said about Tomlin.
He came across like he was trying to save face.

smokin3000gt
01-08-2017, 06:03 PM

says an unqualified imbecile....

Bluecoat96
01-08-2017, 06:08 PM
says an unqualified imbecile....
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170109/5d8ff40aac68720b55399dc45a3b2eb8.jpg

Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 06:14 PM
You have no idea if that did or didn't happen and Ben switched the play. You have NO IDEA...

If they SPECIFICALLY told Ben to hand off? He hands off. Period.

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2017, 06:15 PM
I do not like Bradshaw anymore. His mouth gets him in trouble and I do not believe a word he says. No wonder he has been married how many times..5? lol

ad hominem attacks. nice.

never ceases to amuse me how petty fans get towards some of our most beloved retired players whenever they say something negative about any of our players/coaches. his comments were not that big of a deal. and even terry admits to not being the smartest guy or having the best memory. waste of time

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 06:17 PM
You think Ben doesn't check out of a play? Either way he's gotta be smart and get rid of it. I really can never blame Ben's injuries on anyone but himself. Bone-headed plays most of them.

It's all irrelevant as Ben will be fine for Sunday.

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 06:17 PM
ad hominem attacks. nice.

never ceases to amuse me how petty fans get towards some of our most beloved retired players whenever they say something negative about any of our players/coaches. his comments were not that big of a deal. and even terry admits to not being the smartest guy or having the best memory. waste of time

The cheerleaders comment were out of the line....

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 06:20 PM
You think Ben doesn't check out of a play?

Not the same. Again below:

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 06:23 PM
You think Ben doesn't check out of a play? Either way he's gotta be smart and get rid of it. I really can never blame Ben's injuries on anyone but himself. Bone-headed plays most of them.

It's all irrelevant as Ben will be fine for Sunday.
If he wants to win another super bowl, Ben better get rid of the boneheaded plays. Mistakes are magnified in the playoffs and teams will take advantage of them. It absolutely frustrates me that as a veteran qb he continues to make boneheaded plays. Other qb's make mistakes too but a lot of times that is caused by good plays by the defense. Ben basically hands the other team the ball.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Not the same. Again below:

I don't think they SPECIFICALLY tell Ben anything at anytime, ever.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 06:26 PM
On another note though, to me it will be a sad day when he retires and we can expect a long drought

Mojouw
01-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Exactly! How many times per season does Ben wave the field goal or punt team off? He did it today. Does that look like a QB who wouldn't audible whenever he damn well pleased?

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 06:33 PM

Then you don't pay attention. Example #1? Tampa game when we got LeBeaued.

Tomlin called the play (OVER Haley), it was a run/pass option.

Tomlin SPECFICALLY told Ben that you don't throw the ball unless they show a specific coverage. They didn't, and Ben handed off to Blount.

Tomlin had to DEFEND Ben in the media the following week because ingrates were bashing why he didn't throw for the win.

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Exactly! How many times per season does Ben wave the field goal or punt team off? He did it today. Does that look like a QB who wouldn't audible whenever he damn well pleased?
He's refused to get rid of the ball from the day I first say him, which includes his career at Miami O. That's the bad with the good.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 06:35 PM

And do you HONESTLY think Haley (Or Tomlin) DIDN'T tell Ben to try the hard count, if it doesn't work to call time in his helmet?

You boys need to stop worrying about trying to upstage me and use your goddamn brains.

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 06:35 PM
At least we got a Sunday game. Another day to heal.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 06:37 PM
That usually is the way it works. The #1 seed usually gets Saturday. But I was shocked when we didn't next week.

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 06:37 PM
And do you HONESTLY think Haley (Or Tomlin) DIDN'T tell Ben to try the hard count, if it doesn't work to call time in his helmet?

You boys need to stop worrying about trying to upstage me and use your goddamn brains.

That's the funniest thing I've seen on this forum in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 06:40 PM

Upstage you...who put you on a stage? You do sound like a comedian giving us good laughs

AtlantaDan
01-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Of course Packers are up 31 -13 with 6 minutes left and are calling roll out passes for Rodgers:crazy:

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 06:42 PM
I'd love to see what the Packers/Rodgers do in a similar situation, but this game is boring and I'm headed to the gym to workout.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course Packers are up 31 -13 with 6 minutes left and are calling roll out passes for Rodgers:crazy:
That's the way the NFL works. A College game would have the 3rd stringer in there handing it off.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 06:42 PM
With people like CRASH in here i feel like less of an asshole...lol

GBMelBlount
01-08-2017, 06:51 PM

Do you think Belichick would have pulled Brady at this point?

st33lersguy
01-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Drama this you ingrates.....

Here's a suggestion, grow up before you make another post

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Do you think Belichek would have pulled Brady at this point?

Hell no - that team is the biggest bunch of stat-inflaters out there. How many times has Brady still been airing it out when they're up 30+?

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Hell no - that team is the biggest bunch of stat-inflaters out there. How many times has Brady still been airing it out when they're up 30+?
Agreed...just wish he would get lit up a couple times to change their thinking

st33lersguy
01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Just saw a video of facebook of Ben running off the field after the win. Good sign

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Because speculation is the ankle is a ruse.

It's his shoulder.

teegre
01-08-2017, 07:01 PM

:applaudit:

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2017, 07:31 PM

thats interesting food for thought. hadnt thought of it that way before. makes me even more disappointed that we didnt use play action passes. Im still 90% happy with the win

hawaiiansteeler
01-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Btw, that's three of four playoff games Ben has been injured in this "safer offense".

"Situational football"

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/540/685/b1d.png

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Too bad. Wouldn't have to if the rules weren't changed for Coach Cuck.

hawaiiansteeler
01-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Too bad. Wouldn't have to if the rules weren't changed for Coach Cuck.

https://moesucks.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/lets-beat-that-horse.jpg

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 07:39 PM
thats interesting food for thought. hadnt thought of it that way before. makes me even more disappointed that we didnt use play action passes. Im still 90% happy with the win

You two DO realize that coaches DO speak to Ben via his headset in his helmet, yes?

hawaiiansteeler
01-08-2017, 07:41 PM
You two DO realize that coaches DO speak to Ben via his headset in his helmet, yes?

no, only you realize that because your football IQ is so much higher than everyone else's :jerkit:

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2017, 07:44 PM
no, only you realize that because your football IQ is so much higher than everyone else's :jerkit:

he had people in the steelers draft war room. he knows more than the Rooneys about the steelers operations. its true because he said so. obviously.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 07:45 PM

Yes, it is.

I mean when people are claiming that Ben did that 4th down shit on his own with NO BASIS IN FACT to prove it? Let's just say they are lacking in the smarts department.

hawaiiansteeler
01-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Yes, it is.

I mean when people are claiming that Ben did that 4th down shit on his own with NO BASIS IN FACT to prove it? Let's just say they are lacking in the smarts department.

I know, I know.

only you know how to truly watch a football game, the rest of us have no idea what the hell we're watching or looking at...

Count Steeler
01-08-2017, 07:51 PM
I know, I know.

only you know how to truly watch a football game, the rest of us have no idea what the hell we're watching or looking at...

He even had his own game day thread. Didn't want to comment with the rest of us, yet he has no problem being BRASH in every other thread. I'm pretty well done with his act. I have put in my recommendation.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 07:53 PM
I know, I know.

At least you admit it.

I knew they weren't snapping the ball. Because Ben only went away from behind center twice.

If he does it THREE times? They snap it. Been that way for 10 years with Tomlin.

- - - Updated - - -

He even had his own game day thread. Didn't want to comment with the rest of us, yet he has no problem being BRASH in every other thread. I'm pretty well done with his act. I have put in my recommendation.

I didn't see the GDT on here. Just created that one thread and kept adding to it.

Wish you guys had a live chat.

teegre
01-08-2017, 07:53 PM
NO BASIS IN FACT

empathy (n)

hawaiiansteeler
01-08-2017, 07:55 PM

Crash is a poison and a cancer in every message board he posts on. he has been banned from this board before, why is he allowed to just make a new name and spoil the Steelers' playoff victory for the rest of us?

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 07:55 PM
he had people in the steelers draft war room. he knows more than the Rooneys about the steelers operations. its true because he said so. obviously.

Stop with the Rooney's nonsense. This is no longer the Mom and Pop organization it was from 1933-2008 minus one year when the Chief sold the team and owned 50% of the Eagles.

Count Steeler
01-08-2017, 07:56 PM
I didn't see the GDT on here. Just created that one thread and kept adding to it.

Wish you guys had a live chat.

Hmm, strange, we do have a section titled Game Day, and, you know, about 20 pages of posts during the game. Oh well, maybe next week.

I'm pretty sure if we had live chats, you would have been banned again already.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Hmm, strange, we do have a section titled Game Day, and, you know, about 20 pages of posts during the game. Oh well, maybe next week.

Nothing strange about it. The Steelers Talk forum is the ONLY forum on this site I have bookmarked.

Had two windows, one for my thread and one for Tweetdeck.

hawaiiansteeler
01-08-2017, 08:15 PM

if only Crash owned the Steelers and was their head coach, OC and DC we would soon be hoisting our 51st Lombardi Trophy...

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't do all three jobs. Impossible.

But if I ran the offense? We'd have more success. We'd also have at least 1 bye week in the last five years, and, rather than sign a loser like LeGarrette Blount I would have signed this guy instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0VWvjs56E8

Hawkman
01-08-2017, 08:21 PM

Sorry you ever felt like an asshole.:heh:

hawaiiansteeler
01-08-2017, 08:23 PM
But if I ran the offense? We'd have more success. We'd also have at least 1 bye week in the last five years

of course we would.

I also hear the Dalai Lama asks you for advice...

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 08:25 PM
There was a safety in SD that we really tried to bring here. That safety chose another team. Maybe the same thing happened with Sproles. Maybe he chose another team over us? Guess we'll never know.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Sorry you ever felt like an asshole.:heh:
ive pissed a few people off in here before and tried to make amends...but I think CRASH has went to an all new level so I dont feel so bad...lil

Count Steeler
01-08-2017, 08:26 PM
There was a safety in SD that we really tried to bring here. That safety chose another team. Maybe the same thing happened with Sproles. Maybe he chose another team over us? Guess we'll never know.

Well if BRASH were here, Sproles would be here! Guaranteed. And Larry Fitzgerald would be here for $8 Mil next season.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 08:27 PM
ive pissed a few people off in here before and tried to make amends...but I think CRASH has went to an all new level so I dont feel so bad...lil

lol i mean

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Crash is a poison and a cancer in every message board he posts on. he has been banned from this board before, why is he allowed to just make a new name and spoil the Steelers' playoff victory for the rest of us?

Quit sucking up. Fan76, myself, and a few others have had to listen to people bitching about Ben's day when he had almost 200 yards and two TD's in a quarter.

One genius actually had him as his GOAT today.

So stop crying and then hope a Mod comes in and saves you.

86WARD
01-08-2017, 08:30 PM

To put it in bell dingers terms: WRONG!!! You're proving yourself more ignorant about this team every hour...lol.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 08:32 PM
Well if BRASH were here, Sproles would be here! Guaranteed. And Larry Fitzgerald would be here for $8 Mil next season.

Sproles was traded for a measly 5th round pick.

If we trade for Sproles? We don't sign Blount two weeks later, and we also don't waste a 3rd round pick on Dri Archer.

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Sproles was traded for a measly 5th round pick.

If we trade for Sproles? We don't sign Blount two weeks later, and we also don't waste a 3rd round pick on Dri Archer.

Have you spoken to Sproles about it? Maybe he didn't want to come here.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 08:35 PM
To put it in bell dingers terms: WRONG!!! You're proving yourself more ignorant about this team every hour...lol.

Then explain the end of the 2013 Tampa game when Tomlin went over Haley's head and gave Ben two choices.

You are honestly trying to sell to this board, that Haley took out the Hubbard formation, AND LeVeon Bell, AND still called a run play and Ben changed it?

LOL

The way "Steelers fans" shit on Ben is a fucking disgrace. You deserved Kordell for 5 more years.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you spoken to Sproles about it? Maybe he didn't want to come here.

I don't believe we even tried. Nothing has ever been proven that the Steelers had any interest in him.

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 08:37 PM
So you don't know everything. Who knew?

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 08:38 PM
If the Steelers had any interest? It would have leaked at some point. It always does.

Gerry Dulac would have tweeted/reported it. He's basically the teams media stooge.

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 08:39 PM
The steelers have aquired Deangelo Williams last year but unfortunately he has been injured before the playoffs but the steelers would not have made the playoffs in 2015 if they had Sproles instead of Williams since the steelers would have been forced to pass the ball 80% of the time.

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 08:39 PM
But if I ran the offense? We'd have more success.
Are you expecting a call in the offseason?

Mojouw
01-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Are you expecting a call in the offseason?
Hope he doesn't have to drive to the interview. Maybe he can remote in from his Moms basement?

86WARD
01-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Then explain the end of the 2013 Tampa game when Tomlin went over Haley's head and gave Ben two choices.

You are honestly trying to sell to this board, that Haley took out the Hubbard formation, AND LeVeon Bell, AND still called a run play?

LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe we even tried. Nothing has ever been proven that the Steelers had any interest in him.

No...I am saying you have no idea whether Haley did or didn't call a run play. You don't know that Haley suggested run and Ben called a pass play there. Because you don't. You think you do, but in reality, you have no clue. Ben has audibles out of Haleys calls plenty of times. Ben has called his own plays plenty of times (28%). Ben has called his own plays and Tomlin has taken the blame for them plenty of times. It's what the head coach is supposed to do. If you don't know that, then you need to brush up on you "knowledge". You have NO IDEA.

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 08:41 PM
If the Steelers had any interest? It would have leaked at some point. It always does.

Gerry Dulac would have tweeted/reported it. He's basically the teams media stooge.

You can speculate, but you don't KNOW. Maybe they made a call and got flat turned down. Sure that happens from time to time. What's to report on that?

86WARD
01-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Clueless.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 08:56 PM
No...I am saying you have no idea whether Haley did or didn't call a run play. You don't know that Haley suggested run and Ben called a pass play there.

So you're saying Ben went over Haley's head, or did he tell Haley he was going to call a pass play?

Hawkman
01-08-2017, 08:57 PM

Why are you here?

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Deangelo Williams >>> Darren Sproles

86WARD
01-08-2017, 08:58 PM
So you're saying Ben went over Haley's head, or did he tell Haley he was going to call a pass play?

[/COLOR]

I have no idea...just like you don't. But it's totally possible that that situation could've happened.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Deangelo Williams >>> Darren Sproles

If you say so.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea...just like you don't. But it's totally possible that that situation could've happened.

How can Ben tell Haley he's calling a pass play when he's on the field? You do know he doesn't have a mic in his helmet, right?

Keep fishing and bashing our HOF QB.

86WARD
01-08-2017, 09:05 PM
If you say so.

- - - Updated - - -

How can Ben tell Haley he's calling a pass play when he's on the field? You do know he doesn't have a mic in his helmet, right?

Keep fishing and bashing our HOF QB.

Where did I bash Ben? Lol.

Ben doesn't have to tell Haley, he just calls the play. Not like he hasn't done it before. He could also audible out of a play Haley called...lol.

Fishing? Lol. A little pot calling the kettle black there...

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Cookies AND fishing? Sounds like heaven to me.

lipps83
01-08-2017, 09:39 PM
I am still waiting for Crash's guarantee that Cowher was tired of coaching the Steelers and only working for CBS for one year while waiting for his dream job to open up with the Carolina Panthers in 2007. This was from his inside source (his own mind, but don't tell him that).

Going on 10 years past due on this guarantee. Not only did Cowher NOT pursue his Panthers dream job, but has ignored every single offer that has come his way.

Hey Crash, why isn't Cowher coaching yet?

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Ben doesn't have to tell Haley, he just calls the play. Not like he hasn't done it before.

Prove this.

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 09:42 PM
I just watched the end of the game again and Ben is running off the field with the ball after the kneel down and handshakes. No way he's not playing next week.

86WARD
01-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Prove this. [/COLOR]

Haley has said in the past that Ben calls the plays 28% of the time. What's to prove? Lol.

Hawkman
01-08-2017, 09:44 PM
I just watched the end of the game again and Ben is running off the field with the ball after the kneel down and handshakes. No way he's not playing next week.

He just wants to have a couple of days off.

teegre
01-08-2017, 09:44 PM

Dude, not to be rude... but, what does "Ben running" have to do with Haley???

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Haley has said in the past that Ben calls the plays 28% of the time. What's to prove? Lol.

You said this:

Ben doesn't have to tell Haley, he just calls the play. Not like he hasn't done it before.

That implies he went over Haley's head.

Prove it.

- - - Updated - - -

Speculation is the ankle isn't the issue, it's his shoulder.

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 09:46 PM
Dude, not to be rude... but, what does "Ben running" have to do with Haley???
Sorry I forgot proper thread protocol.

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:46 PM
You said this:

Prove it.

There is no implication there at all. It's simple really. Ben calls his own plays 28% of the time. He has that freedom as a veteran leader of this team.

86WARD
01-08-2017, 09:47 PM
You said this:

Prove it.

- - - Updated - - -

Speculation is the ankle isn't the issue, it's his shoulder.

Lol.

HALEY HAS SAID IN PAST INTERVIEWS THAT BEN CALLS ON AVERAGE 28% OF THE PLAYS. THAT INCLUDES CALLING AUDIBLES FROM RUN TO PASS, PASS TO PASS, PASS TO RUN. IT'S ALSO NO HUDDLE PLAYS.

IT CAME FROM HALEY'S MOUTH. GOT IT NOW?

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:51 PM
You said Ben went over his head.

Prove it.

If you give Ben a run/pass option play? That's not going over anyone's head.

teegre
01-08-2017, 09:52 PM
IT CAME FROM HALEY'S MOUTH.

Do you have the DVD to prove it?

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 09:52 PM
BYE BYE!

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:54 PM

It's on VHS from 1990.

Mach1
01-08-2017, 09:55 PM

The full series. :chuckle:

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/dc9f0a97-984c-4dcf-b8f9-0b46d57d0918_1.7f57e6acd2266643f237be85ea8472b9.jp eg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

teegre
01-08-2017, 10:02 PM
The full series. :chuckle:

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/dc9f0a97-984c-4dcf-b8f9-0b46d57d0918_1.7f57e6acd2266643f237be85ea8472b9.jp eg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

That is... PERFECT. :applaudit:

86WARD
01-08-2017, 10:02 PM
You said Ben went over his head.

Prove it.

If you give Ben a run/pass option play? That's not going over anyone's head.

Where did I say the words "Ben went over his head"? Those were your words.

Ben makes play calls and it's quite possible that this was one of his calls. Maybe, maybe not. Back to the point you are trying to avoid and can't admit...YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 10:18 PM
Cant we just boot this CRASH dude...seriously its getting ridiculous now

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Cant we just boot this CRASH dude...seriously its getting ridiculous now

Already booted. :chuckle:

st33lersguy
01-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Hey look it's Crash

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/guy-getting-boot-28401055.jpg

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 10:36 PM
Already booted. :chuckle:
Nice...i couldnt take reading his drivel any longer and not to mention pissing everybody off.

Steeldude
01-08-2017, 11:00 PM
Such a great coaching decision to leave him in the game at that point.

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 11:02 PM
Rodgers was still in there throwing when the Packers were up by 25. :noidea:

Mojouw
01-08-2017, 11:13 PM
Today's games and the comments here got me thinking. Why does no one seem to pull starters anymore? Are salary cap rosters so thin and inexperienced/young that there isn't enough trust by coaches? Game plans so complex only the starters really get enough reps to execute them? Media scrutiny so intense no one wants to be the victim of a comeback because he took his foot of the gas? Modern offenses so quick strike that no lead is safe? I have no idea. Thought some of you might.

Also, is play action dead? People were lamenting it's lack today, and I realized I just don't know if I see it much league wise anymore. Granted I hardly watched a broad sample of games or anything this year, but is it out of fashion?

smokin3000gt
01-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Rodgers was still in there throwing when the Packers were up by 25. :noidea:

I don't think I've ever seen TBrady pulled in a game no matter the score but it's genious when Bill B. does it...

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 11:28 PM
I don't think I've ever seen TBrady pulled in a game no matter the score but it's genious when Bill B. does it...

Of course Tomlin was also STOOPID for sitting Ben last week to avoid just such an occurrence as well...

LloydWoodson
01-08-2017, 11:38 PM
"Something bad happened!Quick! Blame someone!"

Ben's ankle was so badly hurt that he walked without a limp and finished the game in garbage time? Landry couldn't kneel it out?

I'm going to say that Ben is just fine. I didn't like him in the game with 5 mins left and an 18 point lead never mind the play calling. Thankfully we dodged a bullet and all there is left is to blow a minor hit out of proportion.

polamalubeast
01-09-2017, 07:11 AM

SteelerFanInStl
01-09-2017, 07:41 AM
"Something bad happened!Quick! Blame someone!"

Ben's ankle was so badly hurt that he walked without a limp and finished the game in garbage time? Landry couldn't kneel it out?

I'm going to say that Ben is just fine. I didn't like him in the game with 5 mins left and an 18 point lead never mind the play calling. Thankfully we dodged a bullet and all there is left is to blow a minor hit out of proportion.

Yep. Much ado about nothing. This is purely precautionary.

Born2Steel
01-09-2017, 07:53 AM
I was never concerned about Ben, to be honest. My son and I both said, 'time to pull Bell and AB', at the last couple of drives though. Which is what they did.

DesertSteel
01-09-2017, 07:57 AM
Official word: an inversion ankle sprain. Not a big deal.

Shoes
01-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Official word: an inversion ankle sprain. Not a big deal.

Good news!

Hawkman
01-09-2017, 08:19 AM
More concerned about a couple of guys on the defensive side who looked like they had their bell rung.

GBMelBlount
01-09-2017, 08:53 AM
More concerned about a couple of guys on the defensive side who looked like they had their bell rung.

Unless there are additional injuries looks like the defensive is in decent shape:

Steelers Injury Report: Nothing more than “bumps and bruises” after Wild Card game

Pittsburgh’s good health continued even after the game when Mike Tomlin spoke to media and stated the team didn’t suffer any major injuries other than “the bumps and bruises associated with the pursuit of victory.”

Tomlin did mention one player who briefly left the game, but was able to return to action, and that was rookie safety Sean Davis. Tomlin labeled the injury as a shoulder injury, and stated it might have an impact on his practice participation early in the week, but the fact he returned to the game should show fans he is hopefully capable of playing through that type of injury.

There were other notable players who visibly looked injured at one point or another. Ross Cockrell was on the bad end of friendly fire, was evaluated for a concussion, but returned to the game after halftime.

Ben Roethlisberger also looked as if he was in some discomfort after a 4th quarter sack had him land hard on his throwing shoulder.

Some other injured players, who missed this week’s game, will be worth keeping an eye on to see if they could return to action in the AFC Divisional round against the Kansas City Chiefs. Ladarius Green (concussion), Robert Golden (ankle) and Ricardo Mathews (ankle) all could possibly return for next week’s game.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-2016-2017-preview-playoffs-wild-card-news-updates-roster-depth-chart-tickets-miami-dolphins-how-to-watch/2017/1/8/14205656/steelers-injury-report-nothing-more-than-bumps-and-bruises-after-wild-card-game-sean-davis

AtlantaDan
01-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Yep. Much ado about nothing. This is purely precautionary.

Sometimes Ben does seem to fan the flames

Roethlisberger has a history of playing through injuries. He also has a reputation for not exactly downplaying them in public comments. But there did seem to be some reason for concern Sunday when he had to be driven in a cart to his car after the game.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2017/01/Dolphins_Steelers_Football_84889.jpg-02b65-200x300.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/01/08/patriots-need-to-watch-their-backs-after-steelers-demolition-of-dolphins/?utm_term=.80b153127681

DesertSteel
01-09-2017, 09:26 AM
I was worried about Cockrell the way he left. I thought confusion for sure, but I saw him back in playing later in the game.

Count Steeler
01-09-2017, 09:31 AM

Roethlisberger has a history of playing through injuries. He also has a reputation for not exactly downplaying them in public comments. But there did seem to be some reason for concern Sunday when he had to be driven in a cart to his car after the game.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2017/01/Dolphins_Steelers_Football_84889.jpg-02b65-200x300.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/01/08/patriots-need-to-watch-their-backs-after-steelers-demolition-of-dolphins/?utm_term=.80b153127681

He probably couldn't find his regular boot.

teegre
01-09-2017, 09:35 AM

Deion, LT, and (guest host) Thomas Davis basically said this (they sort of called BB out). Drama!!! :lol:

Theatrics aside, the bottom line is (as far as playing goes): they were not concerned... at all.

tube517
01-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Deion, LT, and (guest host) Thomas Davis basically said this (they sort of called BB out). Drama!!! :lol:

Theatrics aside, the bottom line is (as far as playing goes): they were not concerned... at all.

Deion ran away from physical contact so he needs to be quiet. Thomas Davis went 2 weeks last year before the Super Bowl with all the media hype over his broken arm and showed it on Instagram

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000634578/article/thomas-davis-shows-injured-arm-on-instagram

Please these NFLN guys need to STFU.

SteelMayhem72
01-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Deion especially was the biggest pussy there was on the field and I was always hoping he would get lit up especially because of all his showboating

tube517
01-09-2017, 10:42 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000771641/article/ben-roethlisberger-hurts-ankle-in-win-over-dolphins?campaign=Twitter_atn

teegre
01-09-2017, 02:30 PM
I'm only sort of half-joking about this...

BB plays better after he gets hit/once his adrenaline gets going. Before the game, AB should poke BB's ankle. Not enough to injure it, but just enough for endorphins to start flowing.

Moose
01-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Ben out of boot !

AtlantaDan
01-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Injury update from the P-G (with a healthy dose of sarcasm)

Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t need to wear a protective boot on his foot anymore. He did 18 hours ago, sure, but not now. That’s what the Steelers quarterback told Post-Gazette columnist Ron Cook in a Monday email, at least....

The team wanted him to wear the boot to his postgame news conference Sunday as a precaution, Roethlisberger told Cook, and that Tuesday’s MRI came up (relatively) fine....

(To anyone else who thought after the play that he was favoring his shoulder, not his foot — nope! You seem to have been mistaken!)

This is par for the course for Roethlisberger; the more minor an injury is, the more likely he is to speak about it publicly. If something serious is wrong with him, you’re not going to know about it. But a slight reaggravation of an old injury? Get ready for real explanations (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/ben-roethlisberger-injury-update-fantasy-knee-steelers-ravens-week-9-status/179q3hgx68mbv1nyfim18uxpki)....

If it’s possible for him to play, he’s going to play. There might be moments where you think he won’t — like during his post-Dolphins news conference. Ignore them.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/01/09/ben-roethlisberger-injury-update-boot-steelers-kc-chiefs-nfl-playoffs/stories/201701090165
(http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/01/09/ben-roethlisberger-injury-update-boot-steelers-kc-chiefs-nfl-playoffs/stories/201701090165)
(http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/01/09/ben-roethlisberger-injury-update-boot-steelers-kc-chiefs-nfl-playoffs/stories/201701090165)

steel striker
01-09-2017, 02:38 PM
Still good news that Ben seems to be fine beacuse, without him it's all over but the crying. Like many have mentioned there are several so called steeler fans that bash him all the time and, it really ticks me off Ben is the best QB we have since Bradshaw!! When Ben does retire these so called steeler fans will see how great #7 is because, he is a hall of fame player for years he made plays out of nothing running for his life!

43Hitman
01-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Is it possible for him to be both great and a drama king?

cubanstogie
01-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Such a great coaching decision to leave him in the game at that point.
The terrible decision was to throw. Handoff to DeAngelo three times then pin them deep. No situational awareness from QB, OC, or HC. Not sure if Tomlin actually involved in decision at that point. Three scores up, I get it if just one or even two. Although I must admit I have loved watching Steelers offense seal victories this year as opposed to playing too conservative. I guess you take the good with the bad IMO there was just no need to do anything but run clock out.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Is it possible for him to be both great and a drama king? Why not Bradshaw was! He had many games he rolled around on the turf like he was dying to only coming back in the second half.

tube517
01-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Is this a reaggravation of the dramatic foot "fracture" under Cowher??? :chuckle:

tube517
01-09-2017, 06:58 PM
http://jimrome.com/2017/01/09/bill-cowher-on-ben-roethlisbergers-injury-im-not-that-concerned/

Bill Cowher on Ben Roethlisberger’s injury: ‘I’m not that concerned’

One person who isn’t worried about Ben Roethlisberger’s injury suffered late in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 30-12 Wild Card victory over the Miami Dolphins was his former coach, Bill Cowher. The NFL Today on CBS analyst joined The Jim Rome Show on Monday and said despite being in a walking boot, he felt good about the way the two-time Super Bowl champion Roethlisberger reacted to Cameron Wake’s hit initially and feels confident he will be ready for the Kansas City Chiefs this Sunday.

“I’m not that concerned,” Cowher said. “When people have a high ankle sprain, you’re not really able to walk off the field. He walked off. Some people thought it was just his shoulder. So I think it was more precautionary than anything I think he’s in the boot. I think you’re going to find and see him out there practicing on Wednesday.”

pczach
01-09-2017, 09:26 PM
I've been hearing a lot of NFL people say that boots are commonly used immediately after a game like that to control swelling and stabilize the area as a precautionary measure.

If it helped to keep swelling to a minimum and stabilized the area until they could find out what was going on, what's the big deal?

Better safe than sorry.

Craic
01-09-2017, 09:38 PM
I don't know if I've ever seen a more appropriate .gif

http://68.media.tumblr.com/023a2d376449d70fe5e771355f5894d7/tumblr_mkerjqm2WH1rwnp75o1_400.gif

polamalubeast
01-10-2017, 11:20 AM

fansince'76
01-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Hours after being photographed with a walking boot on his right foot as he followed girlfriend Gisele Bundchen into her New York apartment on Monday, other pictures showed the New England Patriots quarterback wearing black shoes - and no boot - when he showed up at a New York hotspot.

Brady, this season's NFL MVP, and the New England Patriots are headed to the Feb. 3 (2008) Super Bowl against the New York Giants.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/photos-show-patriots-qb-tom-brady-shed-walking-boot-foot-article-1.342245

:rolleyes:

But yeah, BEN's the drama queen. :coffee:

Hate to say it, but Crash was spot on about Cowher - he's the one that was responsible for the "drama queen" narrative starting about Ben when he denied Ben had broken toes in the 2004 AFCCG after Ben said he did.

tube517
01-10-2017, 11:34 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-rodgers-injury-calf-green-bay-packers-limping-vs-seahawks-121116

After completing 18 of 23 passes for 246 yards and three touchdowns, Rodgers revealed to FOX’s Erin Andrews why he was limping throughout the game. Already playing with a strained left hamstring, Rodgers said he hurt his right calf on the third play of the game – which happened to be a beautiful rollout pass that turned into a 66-yard touchdown to Davante Adams.

“I hurt my calf on the first third down of the game. Probably just overcompensating on the opposite leg from the hamstring,” Rodgers said. “It’s going to be a long week of rehab, but it’s definitely going to feel good tonight.

“This time of year, I’m not going to miss a game. I’m going to be out there.”

So, if you are a golden boy, you are allowed to talk about your injury.

Ben talks about it but he's a drama queen. Whatever...

Mojouw
01-10-2017, 11:36 AM

This kinda thing is why people will run through walls for Tomlin. Maybe he did make the call, maybe he didn't and Haley did. Maybe Ben did. Doesn't matter. Tomlin publicly always takes the blame and none of the credit.

Steeldude
01-10-2017, 04:22 PM
So no official word on whether or not BR will play vs the Chiefs?

polamalubeast
01-10-2017, 04:24 PM

Ben will be ready, his injury is nothing serious.

fansince'76
01-10-2017, 04:28 PM

Nothing "official," per se, and it is Ron Kook, but there is this:

Ron Cook, a columnist for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, tweeted on Monday afternoon that Roethlisberger told him via email that his foot is “fine” and that Steelers’ medical staff wanted him to wear the boot as a precaution.

The quarterback underwent an MRI on Monday, and told Cook that “it showed I aggravated an old foot fracture but nothing severe. I should be good to go [against Kansas City].” He is no longer wearing the walking boot.

Reports: Steelers get lucky, Ben Roethlisberger's ankle injury not serious (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/reports-steelers-get-lucky-ben-roethlisbergers-ankle-injury-not-serious-200910807.html)

pczach
01-10-2017, 06:55 PM
This kinda thing is why people will run through walls for Tomlin. Maybe he did make the call, maybe he didn't and Haley did. Maybe Ben did. Doesn't matter. Tomlin publicly always takes the blame and none of the credit.

Absolutely.

Who knows what really happened. Maybe it happened just like Tomlin says....maybe it didn't.

He steps up and takes away all the pressure and bullshit criticism on himself. Who wouldn't want to play for a guy like that. A coach that has your back.

I would have loved to play for Tomlin.

Craic
01-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Absolutely.

Who knows what really happened. Maybe it happened just like Tomlin says....maybe it didn't.

He steps up and takes away all the pressure and bullshit criticism on himself. Who wouldn't want to play for a guy like that. A coach that has your back.

I would have loved to play for Tomlin.

So, you're saying Tomlin plays poker?

:poker: http://i.imgur.com/VjPnlpA.gif

pczach
01-10-2017, 09:26 PM
So, you're saying Tomlin plays poker?

:poker: http://i.imgur.com/VjPnlpA.gif

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d5/65/67/d5656758e68ff73375f73665bd9ee43e.jpg

smokin3000gt
01-10-2017, 11:43 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/0ap3000000772461/Tomlin-Big-Ben-would-aid-us-in-terms-of-closing-the-game-out