PDA

View Full Version : Haley can't score 20 in a playoff game! We want Arians!

LloydWoodson
01-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Discuss.

Maybe actually having Bell helped?

st33lersguy
01-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Of course it helped. Big difference between having him and Ben Tate/Fitzgerald Toussaint

pczach
01-08-2017, 03:31 PM
I thought Haley had a great game plan early. He pressed all the right buttons and really had a good feel for what the Dolphins were going to do.

Ben did a great job making calls and protections at the line to really make things click.

There were a couple questionable calls in the red zone, but overall, a very good game from Haley. His 6 Offensive Linemen formation was awesome today. Very productive, and it sucked the life out of Miami in this game. The personnel matched up with the opponent, and they rammed it down their throats.

Great job.

Count Steeler
01-08-2017, 03:34 PM
I thought Haley had a great game plan early. He pressed all the right buttons and really had a good feel for what the Dolphins were going to do.

Ben did a great job making calls and protections at the line to really make things click.

There were a couple questionable calls in the red zone, but overall, a very good game from Haley. His 6 Offensive Linemen formation was awesome today. Very productive, and it sucked the life out of Miami in this game. The personnel matched up with the opponent, and they rammed it down their throats.

Great job.

The killer instinct was missing from the 4th possession. The 3rd possession was the 10 carry drive for Bell. Miami was selling out to stop the run on the next drive. They were prime for the play action pass and some quick slants/screens. That drive would have ended the game in the first half.

However, we win. On to KC.

Edman
01-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Le'Veon Bell makes all the difference in the world.

No Disrespect to DeAngelo and Toussaint, but they are not Le'Veon Bell.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Arians didn't have Mendenhall in 2013 and scored 23.

Stop making excuses for Todd Haley.

Btw, you better hope Ben's ankle/knee are OK after that 2nd pick.

Haley did Ben no favors. Hand the ball off and punt away.

pczach
01-08-2017, 03:38 PM

What excuses?

The team scored 30 points in the cold and wind in the playoffs.

Count Steeler
01-08-2017, 03:39 PM
What excuses?

Yeah, but that was pure luck. Of course Haley had nothing to do with it.

Shoes
Nix had some very good blocks!

polamalubeast
What excuses?

And it was not with 3 WR,1 RB and 1 TE for the most part!

LloydWoodson
01-08-2017, 04:38 PM

^I found him, guys!

Couple things: Landry should have been in the game in the 4th with an 18 point lead. That's not Haley's call. Secondly, that hit/INT came on a play designed to be a short pass. Ben holds onto the ball it is who he is. He makes plays he refuses to throw it away. If Ben's OC was God he still gets hit on that play and throws a wobbler.

Remember how Arians won XLIII? Scored 16 vs Baltimore then an astonishing 20 points against the Cards 28th ranked defense. Scored 20 though! That's what counts.

- - - Updated - - -

Nix had some very good blocks!

So did David Johnson actually. I don't like DJ but credit where it is due.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 04:42 PM
And it was not with 3 WR,1 RB and 1 TE for the most part!

But it was to START. That's the key. Not when they get down 10 points with 15 minutes left and hope that Ben can save their ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember how Arians won XLIII? Scored 16 vs Baltimore then an astonishing 20 points against the Cards 28th ranked defense.

That's what happens when we tried to turtle and let our defense take over.

20-7 lead we had the ball on the Cards 48 and we turtled.

Only to see Kurt Warner bend LeBeau's prevent over, and they got right back in the game.

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 04:44 PM
But it was to START. That's the key. Not when they get down 10 points with 15 minutes left and hope that Ben can save their ass.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what happens when we tried to turtle and let our defense take over.

20-7 lead we had the ball on the Cards 48 and we turtled.

Only to see Kurt Warner bend LeBeau's prevent over, and they got right back in the game. [/COLOR]

And it was Arians the OC of the steelers.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 04:53 PM
And it was Arians the OC of the steelers.

Doing what people have wanted for 20 years. Punt with a lead and protect our precious defense.

Just like they did against Jacksonville the year prior.

Everything this team has ever done in the Ben Era has always been about protecting the defense.

Hawkman
01-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Doing what people have wanted for 20 years. Punt with a lead and protect our precious defense.

Everything this team has ever done in the Ben Era has always been about protecting the defense.

Why are you here?

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Why are you here?

To discuss football.

Why are you here?

Steelermania
01-08-2017, 08:15 PM
^I found him, guys!

Couple things: Landry should have been in the game in the 4th with an 18 point lead. That's not Haley's call. Secondly, that hit/INT came on a play designed to be a short pass. Ben holds onto the ball it is who he is. He makes plays he refuses to throw it away. If Ben's OC was God he still gets hit on that play and throws a wobbler.

Coaches just don't pull their starting qbs anymore. All 4 games were over midway through the 4th quarter. Not one coach pulled his starter. Aaron Rogers was out there passing the ball with an 18 point lead, and less than 4 minutes left. That's just how the league is today.

Hawkman
01-08-2017, 08:17 PM
To discuss football.

Why are you here?

No you're not.

You are here to piss people off.

st33lersguy
01-08-2017, 08:25 PM
No you're not.

You are here to piss people off.

And make himself look an idiot

- - - Updated - - -

Steelers only scored 30?!?!? With Arians and his unimaginative play-calling, Steelers would have scored at least 35 today

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 08:28 PM
My fortune cookie reads, "Help, please. I'm being held captive in a fortune cookie factory". Not sure what to make of it. No numbers on the back for my weekly lotto picks either.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 08:44 PM
What excuses?

Waaaaaaaaaaaa Haley had injuries.

Waaaaaaaaaaaa Haley didn't have LeVeon Bell last year.

Waaaaaaaaaaaa

Waaaaaaaaaaaa

Those excuses.

Nobody ever gave a fucking damn about offensive injuries and context until Todd Haley showed up.

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 08:45 PM
Nobody? Did you ask everyone? I bet there's one guy out there who did. Somewhere.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Steelers only scored 30?!?!? With Arians and his unimaginative play-calling, Steelers would have scored at least 35 today

Yeah, I guess this took a lot of imaginative thinking on Haley's part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3eVcfm5CqA

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaa Haley had injuries.

Waaaaaaaaaaaa Haley didn't have LeVeon Bell last year.

Waaaaaaaaaaaa

Waaaaaaaaaaaa

Those excuses.

Nobody ever gave a fucking damn about offensive injuries and context until Todd Haley showed up.

You make so many excuses for Arians by blaming our defense that the steelers had in his time.

And nobody is a big fan of Haley in this forum, but blaming all about him is going too far

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRGPkznjB6A

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 08:51 PM
What does today have to do with the Ravens game?

Nothing.

I mean he has a RB and he used him. By all means give him a cookie.

Hawkman
01-08-2017, 08:52 PM

Nothing.

Why are you here?

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 08:52 PM

Nothing.

with often 2-3 TE on the field!

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Couple things: Landry should have been in the game in the 4th with an 18 point lead. That's not Haley's call. But setting the formation and the players on the field IS.

Should have handed the ball off and punted.

86WARD
01-08-2017, 08:54 PM

Nothing.

What does the Ravens game have to do with today? Zero. Which if you didn't know is the same as Nothing. But I'll take the cookie if you are offering.

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 08:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3szXpKYCVo

Jim Harbaugh was Lucky on that!!!!!

LloydWoodson
01-08-2017, 09:00 PM

So... Ben throws 38+ times a game year in and year out to protect the defense?

Steelers were "playing it safe" vs Jacksonville when Ben threw 42 times completing 3 passes to Jags including a beautiful 63 yarder to Mathis for a TD? Jags won by airing it out 21 times?

I thought it was funny when you said you wanted the Steelers to be aggressive with a 20-7 lead in XLIII... *13 points scored by the offense through 58 minutes of play. You left that bit out. Harrison's 7 points made up 20 to that point. Thank God Ben was able to thread that pass through triple coverage right? The OL was GARBAGE that game. Why you would bother bringing that game up I have no idea.

Fact is neither Haley not Arians have had tremendous playoff success offensively. Maybe Haley does this time and maybe not.

My point was that a Haley offense just produced a record playoff performance for the Steelers. If this continues Haley MIGHT actually silence his critics... or Ben forces a play up 18 with under 10 to play and throws it to the other team which is Haley's fault.

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:03 PM
Guess who's not in the playoffs. No way you can score ANY points, let alone WIN a playoff game if your team isn't IN the playoffs. That's one damn fine RB he has there too. An ALL-PRO receiver, and a rejuvenated QB. Plus one of the top rated defenses in the league. Why isn't he in the playoffs? Can anybody guess who I'm talking about?

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:07 PM
I thought it was funny when you said you wanted the Steelers to be aggressive with a 20-7 lead in XLIII... *13 points scored by the offense through 58 minutes of play.

They scored 10 points on their opening two drives, then our precious defense, obviously tired after 1 series of work, gave up a long TD drive to give the 7 points right back.

They only had the ball five times in 45 minutes and they scored on three drives.

5:15

7:12

4:18

:46

8:39

Those are the times of the Steelers first five possessions.

See how great the defense looks when they stand on the sidelines sucking Gatorade?

My point was that a Haley offense just produced a record playoff performance for the Steelers. If this continues Haley MIGHT actually silence his critics... or Ben forces a play up 18 with under 10 to play and throws it to the other team which is Haley's fault.

So Haley gets credit for the "record playoff performance" but gets no blame for making the same fucking mistake that he made up 15 points in Cincy last season?

When you run the ball twice, and turtle? You don't subject Ben to possibly getting hit again by being predictable.

You run and you punt.

86WARD
01-08-2017, 09:07 PM
He's also been one of the absolute worst head coaches in the league in 2016...lol

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 09:10 PM
They scored 10 points on their opening two drives, then our precious defense, obviously tired after 1 series of work, gave up a long TD drive to give the 7 points right back.

They only had the ball five times in 45 minutes and they scored on three drives.

5:15

7:12

4:18

:46

8:39

Those are the times of the Steelers first five possessions.

See how great the defense looks when they stand on the sidelines sucking Gatorade?

[/COLOR]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqnQwKAI4OE

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:13 PM
My favorite James Harrison play. Thank You!

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqnQwKAI4OE

And after 24 minutes of that game was played? Two defensive possessions and gave up a TD.

If the offense didn't hold the ball as much as they did Warner would have thrown for 500.

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 09:16 PM
And after 24 minutes of that game was played? Two defensive possessions and gave up a TD.

If the offense didn't hold the ball as much as they did Warner would have thrown for 500.

LOL....Warner had 43 pass attempts in this game.....

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:16 PM

Can I see the math on your 500 theory please. I believe you're off by a bit.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Guess who's not in the playoffs. No way you can score ANY points, let alone WIN a playoff game if your team isn't IN the playoffs.

Just like Steelers in 2012 and 2013. Tomlin/Ben never went back to back no playoffs until the owner overruled his head coach and told his HOF QB how to play.

Eight years, Ben missed the playoffs twice.

Haley missed twice as soon as he walked in the door.

Hawkman
My favorite James Harrison play. Thank You!

B far!!

hawaiiansteeler
Can I see the math on your 500 theory please. I believe you're off by a bit.

oh, Crash is definitely off by more than a bit...

http://s3.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/personalexperience/1/3/6/378136_v1.jpg

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Just like Steelers in 2012 and 2013. Tomlin/Ben never went back to back no playoffs until the owner overruled his head coach and told his HOF QB how to play.

But since the steelers make the playoffs 3 times in a row for the first time since the 1990's....Our roster was not very good in 2012 and 2013 too!

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:19 PM

But do you know his name. That's the question.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:22 PM
LOL....Warner had 43 pass attempts in this game.....

How many did he have in three quarters?

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 09:23 PM

This is not the question...43 attempts in a game,this is a lot.

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:23 PM

I'll guess.........4! Final answer,

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:24 PM
But since the steelers make the playoffs 3 times in a row for the first time since the 1990's....Our roster was not very good in 2012 and 2013 too!

Bullshit. What changed in 2013? Haley got demoted and Ben called more plays and they played better. Did the roster somehow get better?

NO. The football player took control and they sent Toddy to the tee box.

hawaiiansteeler
01-08-2017, 09:25 PM

http://images.memes.com/meme/625310

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:25 PM
This is not the question...43 attempts in a game,this is a lot.

Sure it is. Warner can't kick their ass if Ben's offense is holding the ball.

Shoes
01-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Bullshit. What changed in 2013? Haley got demoted and Ben called more plays and they played better. Did the roster somehow get better?

I knew it, he's from the Tee Tee clan!

Hawkman
01-08-2017, 09:27 PM

Different question: why are the mods letting you stay here???

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Looks at what teams the steelers won in the second half of the season in 2013.....Bills(6-10),Lions(7-9),Browns(4-12),Bengals(11-5),Packers(without Aaron Rodgers),Browns again

So it was against only one good team....

- - - Updated - - -

Warner would have perhaps had 500 yards with 70-80 Pass Attempts.

86WARD
01-08-2017, 09:29 PM

Impossible. Haley is the only one who calls plays so there's no way he was sent to the tee box. You said it yourself...just like when Haley called a pass that broke Ben's ankle instead of just having Ben hand the ball off. Right?

86WARD
01-08-2017, 09:30 PM

That's the question of the day. I think the mods just believe people deserve a second chance. They're good peeps...

hawaiiansteeler
01-08-2017, 09:31 PM

I guess it"s okay to get banned and just come back under a different name...

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:35 PM

Browns twice, Bills, Bengals, Colts (No Luck), Giants, Ravens.

That's our 7 game winning streak to end the regular season.

One playoff team.

Right?

- - - Updated - - -

Impossible. Haley is the only one who calls plays so there's no way he was sent to the tee box. You said it yourself...just like when Haley called a pass that broke Ben's ankle instead of just having Ben hand the ball off. Right?

Haley was demoted in 2013, Ben called more plays from no huddle which they used more and the duties were split among Haley, Fichtner, and Kirby Wilson.

This board cares MORE about Todd Haley than winning Super Bowls.

Fucking embarrassing.

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:35 PM
I count 7 NFL teams.

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE=#CRASHFormation;575878]Browns twice, Bills, Bengals, Colts (No Luck), Giants, Ravens.

One playoff team.

[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]So it was against only one good team....

Right?

QUOTE]

Yes, but at least we beat Baltimore and Miami what the steelers had not done in 2013

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Todd Haley did just win a playoff game today. So did Butler. So did Tomlin. Guess which coach didn't win a playoff game today. I'll give a clue. He coaches in Arizona.

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 09:39 PM
]

Haley was demoted in 2013, Ben called more plays from no huddle which they used more and the duties were split among Haley, Fichtner, and Kirby Wilson.

This board cares MORE about Todd Haley than winning Super Bowls.

Fucking embarrassing.

Not true

You are the one who lacks respect for our defense who helped the steelers to win 2 super bowl in the 2000s

- - - Updated - - -

Haley had won more playoffs win than Arians since 2012.....

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=#CRASHFormation;575878]Browns twice, Bills, Bengals, Colts (No Luck), Giants, Ravens.

One playoff team.

[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]So it was against only one good team....

Right?

QUOTE]

Yes, but at least we beat Baltimore and Miami what the steelers had not done in 2013

There is no but at least, you see this is exactly what I mean, you diminish Ben's no huddle work in 2013 by listing how bad the teams were.

I do the same for your hero and now you want to change the rules.

You don't care about winning, you care about Todd Haley's employment MORE.

You just proved it.

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 09:40 PM
You don't care about winning, you care about Todd Haley's employment MORE. You just proved it

:toofunny:

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=polamalubeast;575880]

There is no but at least, you see this is exactly what I mean, you diminish Ben's no huddle work in 2013 by listing how bad the teams were.

I do the same for your hero and now you want to change the rules.

You don't care about winning, you care about Todd Haley's employment MORE.

You just proved it.

What could possibly be your point? Who would care more about anybody's job over their team winning. Some people just simply do not agree with you that Haley is a bad coach. And maybe Haley has something to do with the team winning TODAY. Maybe most on here have moved on from 2013, 2004, 20011, whenever, and are celebrating a win TODAY.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 09:48 PM
What could possibly be your point?

That polamalubeast isn't consistent in his criteria when he bashes a HOF QB's work but credits the golf coaches work when the situations are similar.

Don't blame me, talk to him.

Some people just simply do not agree with you that Haley is a bad coach.

Being a bad coach would be an improvement.

I think he's a HORRIBLE coach who has no feel for the game, OR "situational football".

His own history here proves it.

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:49 PM
That polamalubeast isn't consistent in his criteria when he bashes a HOF QB's work but credits the golf coaches work when the situations are similar.

Don't blame me, talk to him. [/COLOR]

Cherry picker huh?

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 09:50 PM

Don't blame me, talk to him. [/COLOR]

Stopped

I never said a negative thing about Roethlisberger in the last few years.....

Also Haley has won more playoffs win than Arians since 2012....

teegre
01-08-2017, 09:50 PM

Don't blame me, talk to him.

Being a bad coach would be an improvement.

I think he's a HORRIBLE coach who has no feel for the game, OR "situational football".

His own history here proves it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWavtNmmHQ&app=desktop

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:53 PM
I'm starting to think this guy used to go by the name VIS. Same cherry picking ways of just pulling words or sentences from a post to make it say something completely different.

pczach
01-08-2017, 09:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWavtNmmHQ&app=desktop

I've been gone for a few hours. What did I miss?

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 10:00 PM
He's gone, folks. We wanted to give him a chance to finally cut the BS, but he simply wouldn't.

teegre
01-08-2017, 10:00 PM
I've been gone for a few hours. What did I miss?

Something about Haley... :lol:

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 10:01 PM
The fart smells gone. Did somebody roll down a window?

pczach
01-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Something about Haley... :lol:

I don't know if you saw it, but I made a long post to him earlier today explaining what he's been doing to piss people off and question him on his knowledge of the game. He appeared to try for a little while, but he just can't help himself.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/26630-Progress-Opportunity-Gave-Rise-To-Chris-Hubbard-And-The-Tackle-Eligible-In-2016/page2

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 10:05 PM
I don't know if you saw it, but I made a long post to him earlier today explaining what he's been doing to piss people off and question him on his knowledge of the game. He appeared to try for a little while, but he just can't help himself.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/26630-Progress-Opportunity-Gave-Rise-To-Chris-Hubbard-And-The-Tackle-Eligible-In-2016/page2

I tried also.

st33lersguy
01-08-2017, 10:05 PM
Thank Christ, the stupid is gone.

pczach
01-08-2017, 10:08 PM
I tried also.

It was only a matter of time.

st33lersguy
01-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Guess who's not in the playoffs. No way you can score ANY points, let alone WIN a playoff game if your team isn't IN the playoffs. That's one damn fine RB he has there too. An ALL-PRO receiver, and a rejuvenated QB. Plus one of the top rated defenses in the league. Why isn't he in the playoffs? Can anybody guess who I'm talking about?

Are you talking about the same guy who last year in the playoffs, played an injury-riddled team to OT at home in part to his bad play-calling before getting manhandled by the team that lost the Super Bowl by 2 touchdowns

teegre
01-08-2017, 10:09 PM

You're a good man.

But... the poop always rises. :chuckle:

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 10:10 PM
Are you talking about the same guy who last year in the playoffs, played an injury-riddled team to OT at home in part to his bad play-calling before getting manhandled by the team that lost the Super Bowl by 2 touchdowns

Quite possibly the same.

pczach
01-08-2017, 10:13 PM
You're a good man.

But... the poop always rises. :chuckle:

I even told him I was going to the game day thread because I wanted to see him comment as things were happening and challenge him on some stuff. He never came to the thread.

It's probably for the best.

Maybe order has been restored here? It has been crazy lately. :mod:

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 10:16 PM
Some playoff beards are just meant to be shaved.

LloydWoodson
01-08-2017, 11:13 PM
He's gone, folks. We wanted to give him a chance to finally cut the BS, but he simply wouldn't.

Aww. Bring him back please. Look how entertaining this thread was. Need some controversy.

In any event, the Steelers have 4 seasons with over 400 points since 1978 when the 16 game season began. Half of those 400 point seasons came under Haley (would have been 3 in a row they scored 399 this year).

Bell is arguably the best RB in the NFL, AB the best WR and you could argue Ben is the best QB. Myself and most other people credit Munchak first for the offensive success. The OL Arians had to work with was a hot mess. You can never really compare one OC to another unless they had the same personnel and Haley had mediocre success immediately after succeeding Arians.

The only players Haley has now that Arians had in 2011 are Ben, Pouncey, Foster and AB.

I just made the thread because I was so impressed by the offense today especially in the first half.

tube517
01-09-2017, 12:25 AM

:rockon::party::alcohol::applaudit::hail::hippo:

tube517
01-09-2017, 12:39 AM
Aww. Bring him back please. Look how entertaining this thread was. Need some controversy.

In any event, the Steelers have 4 seasons with over 400 points since 1978 when the 16 game season began. Half of those 400 point seasons came under Haley (would have been 3 in a row they scored 399 this year).

Bell is arguably the best RB in the NFL, AB the best WR and you could argue Ben is the best QB. Myself and most other people credit Munchak first for the offensive success. The OL Arians had to work with was a hot mess. You can never really compare one OC to another unless they had the same personnel and Haley had mediocre success immediately after succeeding Arians.

The only players Haley has now that Arians had in 2011 are Ben, Pouncey, Foster and AB.

I just made the thread because I was so impressed by the offense today especially in the first half.

He's on Twitter. Tweeting the same shit posted here to himself.