PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls and Goats: Dolphins II.

Edman
01-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Steelers win 30-12.

Rematch with the Chiefs in Kansas City on Sunday.

Game Balls:

He Shall Be Le'Veon.

The Defense was dominant today. Shut down Ajayi and put pressure on Moore all day.

Goats: Danny Smith Special teams for the 58 yard return.

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Of course,Bell...

HM to Harrison and Antonio Brown

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Bell

HM to Harrison and Antonio.

Craic
01-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Game balls:

Steelers Team. Yes, Le'Veon has a great game. But Ben had a great game to open up as did Brown, which allowed the Steelers to start feeding Bell the ball. Defense did a great job today. Can't fault them for anything. Tackling was great, they swarmed to the football, got turnovers and sacks, all around a great game. They didn't even allow a TD until junk time.

Game Goat: none. I'll even give ST a pass on that return, as the refs missed a shove to the back that pushed a guy down just as he was getting in position to tackle.

pczach
01-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Great overall performances by everyone today. A real solid effort on both sides of the ball. That is how you play in the postseason.

Bell is awesome.

Special teams may derail this team with Hill coming up next in KC. They really need to figure things out in the kick return coverage game.

Count Steeler
01-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Thorough team effort.

Now it is on the road to KC. They are going to want redemption like we wanted redemption against the Dolphins. Should be a wild ride, but it is at 1pm on Sunday. That is Tomlin's sweet spot.

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 03:29 PM

- - - Updated - - -

SteelerFanInStl
01-08-2017, 03:30 PM
Game ball to Bell, no question. Honorable mention to Deebo and Bud. No goats.

Count Steeler
01-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Ajayi: 16 carries, 33 Yards.

Job done.

WCSteeler
01-08-2017, 03:33 PM
The entire team along with the coaching staff deserve game balls,the offense looked great most of the game and the defense was smothering.
A goat would be hard to find.
Honestly a total team win!

Count Steeler
01-08-2017, 03:35 PM
No Game Balls/Goats until they win the SB. This is the playoffs. Play to win or go home. Everyone needs to step up and keep it stepped up.

Hawkman
01-08-2017, 03:37 PM
For me: the entire LB group

43Hitman
01-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Game balls:

Offense: Ben/Brown/Bell these three are unstoppable. Ben was 10/10 at one point with 2 TD's to Brown. Bell added two more following Ben/Brown opening everything up. It was ground a pound from there on out.

Defense: Deebo/Mitchell these two combined for 2 forced fumbles on consecutive drives. Overall the defense was consistent all day. Hats off the unit as a whole, but I thought Harrison and Mitchell stood out.

HM: Tuitt- Dude coming off of a injury making an impact immediately. He has really stepped into Heyward's role smoothly.

st33lersguy
01-08-2017, 03:44 PM
Balls: Le'Veon, team playoff record set for rushing yards, Harrison, dominant again and made the big play at the end of the first half, AB, those 2 TDs early set the tone,

Goats: Danny Smith, long return was unacceptable

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 03:50 PM
The guys in the trenches. Opening up holes for Bell, and protecting Ben. Plus the DL were monsters.

Iron Steeler
01-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Game ball: steelers
Goats: dumb 3rd down penalties

pczach
01-08-2017, 04:14 PM
No Game Balls/Goats until they win the SB. This is the playoffs. Play to win or go home. Everyone needs to step up and keep it stepped up.

Don't be a buzzkill!!!

:chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Gameball: Bell and Harrison

Game goat: Let's not sugarcoat it. Special teams and Ben. Ben was making game manager throws on his scores and all of the passes where he went like 11 in a row without an incompletion. Why didnt he check into a bunch of play action passes later in the game? The dolphins were primed to be obliterated by those once Bell got going, especially with them being down 2 starting safeties. What the hell was that 2nd interception? The last time Ben had a good away game against a good team was Week 1. Let's hope that somehow changes by next week because i completely anticipate him having underwhelming games the next 2 weeks on the road if we make it that far.

Its getting tiresome to see us what a poor job we do of seamlessly using the pass and run to complement each other. Dont get me wrong, on a scale of 1 to 10 for happiness im at about a 9.5. lets just win no matter what

AtlantaDan
01-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Game balls - Bell, Brown and defense

Goats - Tomlin for not getting Ben out of game before he was injured on the idiotic pass play when the game was won

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Balls: Ben and the WR's for setting the pace early.

GOAT: The idiot OC who had Ben throwing up 30-12 and it may have ended Ben's season.

86WARD
01-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Game Balls go to the offense and defense. Individual wise - Bell, Nix, Hubbard and AB on O. Mitchell, Harrison, Dupree on D.

Goats - Ben for his stupid throws...had a few balls that were intercepted or potentially. DAnny Smith and his special teams keep hold of their game Balls!!!

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 04:30 PM

Game goat: Let's not sugarcoat it. Special teams and Ben. Ben was making game manager throws on his scores and all of the passes where he went like 11 in a row without an incompletion. Why didnt he check into a bunch of play action passes later in the game? The dolphins were primed to be obliterated by those once Bell got going, especially with them being down 2 starting safeties. What the hell was that 2nd interception? The last time Ben had a good away game against a good team was Week 1. Let's hope that somehow changes by next week because i completely anticipate him having underwhelming games the next 2 weeks on the road if we make it that far.

Its getting tiresome to see us what a poor job we do of seamlessly using the pass and run to complement each other. Dont get me wrong, on a scale of 1 to 10 for happiness im at about a 9.5. lets just win no matter whatI hate to say it but if we didnt have Bell we wouldnt stand a chance...Ben is starting to play reckless again and supposedly he is in a boot now because of that last damn pick...absolutely stupid to do...Im beginning to believe concussions have taking a toll on his thought process

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 04:31 PM
I hate to say it but if we didnt have Bell we wouldnt stand a chance...Ben is starting to play reckless again and supposedly he is in a boot now because of that last damn pick...absolutely stupid to do...Im beginning to believe concussions have taking a toll on his thought process

My God.

And you people have the nerve to bitch at me?

pczach
01-08-2017, 04:34 PM

Its getting tiresome to see us what a poor job we do of seamlessly using the pass and run to complement each other. Dont get me wrong, on a scale of 1 to 10 for happiness im at about a 9.5. lets just win no matter what

Hate to say it, but Haley's offense has very few play action passes built into it. Play action was used on just 81 of 662 plays during the regular season.

That's more of an offensive scheme issue than it is Ben.

It's one of the issues I have with Haley's scheme.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 04:42 PM

Its getting tiresome to see us what a poor job we do of seamlessly using the pass and run to complement each other. Dont get me wrong, on a scale of 1 to 10 for happiness im at about a 9.5. lets just win no matter whatI hate to say it but if we didnt have Bell we wouldnt stand a chance...Ben is starting to play reckless again and supposedly he is in a boot now because of that last damn pick...absolutely stupid to do...Im beginning to believe concussions have taking a toll on his thought process

- - - Updated - - -

My God.

And you people have the nerve to bitch at me?Dont want any input from you...just frustrated now even after a win...Ben is taking hits he shouldnt be and he probably shouldnt have been in there in the first place

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to say it but if we didnt have Bell we wouldnt stand a chance...Ben is starting to play reckless again and supposedly he is in a boot now because of that last damn pick...absolutely stupid to do...Im beginning to believe concussions have taking a toll on his thought process

- - - Updated - - -

Dont want any input from you...just frustrated now even after a win...Ben is taking hits he shouldnt be and he probably shouldnt have been in there in the first place At that point in the game when your up big in the 4th quarter

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Hate to say it, but Haley's offense has very few play action passes built into it. Play action was used on just 81 of 662 plays during the regular season.

That's more of an offensive scheme issue than it is Ben.

It's one of the issues I have with Haley's scheme.

Thats an embarrassingly low percentage yet completely unsurprising. My biggest beef with Haley is probably the lack of play action and I know a lot of people are thinking the same thing. I mean jesus, Bell was running his ass off, stop trying to force him into a brick wall and have a countermeasure for it. Big Ben has been one of the best play action passers in the league since Day 1. Why the fuck arent we using it now. We would have put up a 40 burger AND Ben would have been put on the bench long before the play where he threw that hapless interception if we actually used some play action

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Ben was making game manager throws on his scores and all of the passes where he went like 11 in a row without an incompletion.

LOL. Sorry, shit like this just makes me shake my head...

And people still wonder why Bradshaw spent the first 20+ years of his retirement flipping this fanbase the bird and actually have the nerve to be indignant about it to boot?

Just wait until Landry Jones-level QBing is the bill of fare every week again. For years on end.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Damn you people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave Todd Haley alone!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Most of this fans base doesn't deserve what the Ben Era has brought them. They deserved 15 years of fucking meat head Philip Rivers and his noodle arm gobbling up meaningless stats in blowout losses.

- - - Updated - - -

BZZZZZZZT BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System.

Asshole channel 4.

pczach
01-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Thats an embarrassingly low percentage yet completely unsurprising. My biggest beef with Haley is probably the lack of play action and I know a lot of people are thinking the same thing. I mean jesus, Bell was running his ass off, stop trying to force him into a brick wall and have a countermeasure for it. Big Ben has been one of the best play action passers in the league since Day 1. Why the fuck arent we using it now. We would have put up a 40 burger AND Ben would have been put on the bench long before the play where he threw that hapless interception if we actually used some play action

It's probably my biggest beef with Haley.

It's like wasting the opportunity of using the running game to draw the linebackers up and freeze the defensive linemen from rushing up the field to get to the quarterback. It would really open up the field a lot more and I have always believed it should be used much more.

From everything I know and have heard, there are hardly any plays that have play action in his playbook. At the very least, they are not utilized enough if you ask me.

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2017, 04:49 PM

I would genuinely like to read an explanation to counter this notion. They were easy throws no? Ben's an elite QB, im just saying the play selection wasnt exactly challenging a weak dolphins defense that was also missing 3 out of 4 starters in the secondary. Heck, some of those easy throws could have been made even easier. We were in hurry up at one point and I dont recall us succeeding with a play action pass (of which we hardly had any in a game where Bell ran hard). I put part of that on Haley, part of that on Ben. Ive been calling for more play action for a long time under Haley and im definitely not the only one

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Ben doesn't set the formation. Haley does.

I want Ben to throw a pass to Chris Hubbard. The ONLY way to eliminate Haley is to embarrass him.

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 04:51 PM
I would genuinely like to read an explanation to counter this notion. They were easy throws no? Ben's an elite QB, im just saying the play selection wasnt exactly challenging a weak dolphins defense that was also missing 3 out of 4 starters in the secondary. Heck, some of those easy throws could have been made even easier. We were in hurry up at one point and I dont recall us succeeding with a play action pass (of which we hardly had any in a game where Bell ran hard). I put part of that on Haley, part of that on Ben. Ive been calling for more play action for a long time under Haley and im definitely not the only one

So WTF is he supposed to do? Tell AB to fall down instead of running it in?

pczach
01-08-2017, 04:58 PM

To be fair, Ben did his job early. He had almost 200 yards passing in the first quarter. The first interception went through AB's hands. I know it was a fastball, but come on man...it's AB. He should catch that every time, and I'm sure he'd tell you that himself. The second pick was on Ben.

As for the success of the running game, a large part of the success of that run game is Ben reading the defense and making the proper calls at the LOS to get them in the right play and blocking schemes. This part of the quarterback position is the most overlooked part of what they do.

Ben was masterful at getting them in the proper play to gash the defense based on the defensive personnel and formation.

I think you're being too hard on Ben. There's a lot going on when it looks like he's not doing anything. That's the nature of the quarterback position.

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Playaction would have been a bad idea...

Moose
01-08-2017, 05:01 PM
BALL - L.Bell without a doubt ! And a mention to DuPre' for excellent sticking.
GOAT - Spec.team for pathetic 50+return allowed, and COACHING staff for leaving the 'B's in game when it was OVER and unnecessary for them to still be playing for points.

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 05:02 PM
I'm watching Giants/Packers to see how a "real" elite QB like Rodgers does it - 8/16 for 90 yards and a "game manager" 5-yd TD pass. Just awesome...

Iron Steeler
01-08-2017, 05:03 PM
Goat: coaches for keeping Ben in to long

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 05:03 PM
To be fair, Ben did his job early. He had almost 200 yards passing in the first quarter. The first interception went through AB's hands. I know it was a fastball, but come on man...it's AB. He should catch that every time, and I'm sure he'd tell you that himself. The second pick was on Ben.

As for the success of the running game, a large part of the success of that run game is Ben reading the defense and making the proper calls at the LOS to get them in the right play and blocking schemes. This part of the quarterback position is the most overlooked part of what they do.

Ben was masterful at getting them in the proper play to gash the defense based on the defensive personnel and formation.

I think you're being too hard on Ben. There's a lot going on when it looks like he's not doing anything. That's the nature of the quarterback position.

If Ben really did play that badly, the Dolphins absolutely load the box and Bell doesn't really do much all day - which is what happened in Miami the first time around.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Ok Im listening to Ben's press conference after the game and to me and this is just my view...his voice sounds a little shaky and he really seems worried about his ankle(so do i)...im hoping that a a mri doesnt show anything but anything health wise wont surprise me at this point...its so damn frustrating as a fan that our QB cant protect himself from himself

Craic
01-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Cut and pasted from another post.

For those of you complaining about the long return . . .

As to the Steelers returns, It's a shame to see how little we get.

As to Miami's big return today . . . Meh. Can't blame that on the coach as much as the ref.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll59/meraby/pic%201.png

Miami blocker is directly behind Steelers player

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll59/meraby/pic%202.png

Miami blocker pushes Steelers player down from the back, allowing returner to get a corner and turn up field.

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Ok Im listening to Ben's press conference after the game and to me and this is just my view...his voice sounds a little shaky and he really seems worried about his ankle(so do i)...im hoping that a a mri doesnt show anything but anything health wise wont surprise me at this point...its so damn frustrating as a fan that our QB cant protect himself from himself

He should've been yanked and Landry Jones should have been doing mop up duty by that point.

pczach
01-08-2017, 05:13 PM
I'm watching Giants/Packers to see how a "real" elite QB like Rodgers does it - 8/16 for 90 yards and a "game manager" 5-yd TD pass. Just awesome...

How about another Hail Mary for Rodgers???? This guy must get four or five of these a year. How fucking lucky can you get.

Listen to the announcers washing Rodgers' balls about how great he is at Hail Mary passes........ :jerkit:

- - - Updated - - -

He should've been yanked and Landry Jones should have been doing mop up duty by that point.

Yep....or at least doing nothing but handing off.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 05:17 PM
He should've been yanked and Landry Jones should have been doing mop up duty by that point.Yeah Im so frustrasted right now...if Ben doesnt get his reps in practice he always plays rusty...I dont get the coaches decisions. Obviously KC's gameplan is gonna be stop the run and im not so sure Ben has his "magic" anymore...he still has flashes (against baltimore,cincy) but I dont know anymore. Ben is a rhythm type QB anymore...if he doesnt get the reps during the week its gonna be a long day in KC!!

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 05:17 PM
How about another Hail Mary for Rodgers???? This guy must get four or five of these a year. How fucking lucky can you get.

I'm sure he'll get bonus "degree of difficulty" points for that, though!

ALLD
01-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Could be sandbagging the play action pass for next week when they need it. I was calling for it in the 3rd Q as the Fins stacked the box. Just run a quick slant and only need to beat 1 safety for a TD.

Butch
01-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Defense and in particular James. Bell, brown and Ben

Helluva catch by Jessie James after it hit a dolphins player.

pczach
01-08-2017, 05:35 PM
I'm sure he'll get bonus "degree of difficulty" points for that, though!

It's the thing that drives me crazy. Aaron Rodgers has 125 yards passing with 42 of those yards coming on a luckier than shit Hail Mary, and everyone gushes over him.

Ben had almost twice that in the first half and led them to a huge lead and eventual win, and you have to defend him at a Steelers message board.

It's a hard thing to wrap my head around listening to some of the shit that is said here.

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 05:36 PM
It's the thing that drives me crazy. Aaron Rodgers has 125 yards passing with 42 of those yards coming on a luckier than shit Hail Mary, and everyone gushes over him.

Ben had almost twice that in the first half and led them to a huge lead and eventual win, and you have to defend him at a Steelers message board.

It's a hard thing to wrap my head around listening to some of the shit that is said here.

Exactly. And Rodgers can play like warmed-over dogshit for a SEASON AND A HALF and every excuse in the book is made for him, but the minute Ben has a bad game, the yinzers are out in force lamenting that "he's never been elite and he'll always be in the tier below Rodgers/Brady, et.al." It's beyond tiresome.

SteelerFanInStl
01-08-2017, 05:45 PM

I agree.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2017, 05:50 PM

false. its about the body of work. Aaron is the best in the business. You dont win a superbowl MVP, multiple All-Pro accolades, and 2 league MVP's on accident. Even Aaron's worst seasons are the type of seasons 80% of teams around the league would die for from their QB. That doesnt mean we dont appreciate Ben. That also doesnt mean Ben needs to be bulletproof to criticism. I dont see the controversy.

Butch
01-08-2017, 05:51 PM

I have to agree the witch hunt for Ben's head is un-freaking-believable. Bad enough you have to defend him against other fan bases but when you have to do it to your own fanbase that's a complete head scratcher. I for one will take Ben and everything he does wrong over any other QB in the league, including Rogers, shady or back in the day peyton.

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 05:54 PM
I have to agree the witch hunt for Ben's head is un-freaking-believable. Bad enough you have to defend him against other fan bases but when you have to do it to your own fanbase that's a complete head scratcher. I for one will take Ben and everything he does wrong over any other QB in the league, including Rogers, shady or back in the day peyton.

Ben's never been pimped endlessly as one of the "faces of the league" - that's also part of it.

I mean, when you get ranked beneath Carson-Freaking-Palmer on a top-100 list, your Q rating ain't real high...

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 05:55 PM
false. its about the body of work. Aaron is the best in the business. You dont win a superbowl MVP, multiple All-Pro accolades, and 2 league MVP's on accident. Even Aaron's worst seasons are the type of seasons 80% of teams around the league would die for from their QB. That doesnt mean we dont appreciate Ben. That also doesnt mean Ben needs to be bulletproof to criticism. I dont see the controversy.

I thought Brady was the best in the business. I get mixed up on whose balls the media washes more, though.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 05:56 PM

Like I said, ingrates.

They deserved Philip Rivers and his ringless fucking meat head.

86WARD
01-08-2017, 05:58 PM

That last drive was pretty impressive though.

Butch
01-08-2017, 05:59 PM

Ben's rookie year he went 14-1 his second year he took us to the superbowl and we won. Yes he was not very good in that game, but we don't get there without him. All this in his 1st two years and all you heard was how good the team was, never how much Ben turned this team into a true contender. He's been to 3 super bowls and won 2 yet never is he mentioned with the greats. Back in his early days it was shady, peyton and brees, Ben was always the next level. The day Ben gets his name mentioned as a top tier QB will be the 1st time.

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Ben's rookie year he went 14-1 his second year he took us to the superbowl and we won. Yes he was not very good in that game, but we don't get there without him. All this in his 1st two years and all you heard was how good the team was, never how much Ben turned this team into a true contender. He's been to 3 super bowls and won 2 yet never is he mentioned with the greats. Back in his early days it was shady, peyton and brees, Ben was always the next level. The day Ben gets his name mentioned as a top tier QB will be the 1st time.

Still waiting for the emergence of the Rodgers-led "2nd Packer Dynasty" that I heard was an inevitability ENDLESSLY after they beat us in the SB...SIX years ago...

Butch
01-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Ben's never been pimped endlessly as one of the "faces of the league" - that's also part of it.

Hell they are saying that Prescott has the best rookie season for a QB all time. Ben was 14-1, beat the pats who were on a 22 game win streak and the following week beat the undefeated eagles. Ben's only loss came to a team that knew our plays because they cheated and in the Championship game. Dak is doing great and deserves some accolades but at least get the facts straight. btw Ben won 14 straight unlike Dak yet looks who gets the press.

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2017, 06:10 PM

you'd be surprised. i live in Wisconsin and Aaron Rodgers was a hated man for a year and a half until the packers turned the table. Then all of a sudden he became the second coming of Jesus and packer fans pretended like that pitchforks were never out in the first place. Even he isnt immune to ridiculous criticism. Difference is that Aaron is the best QB in the league. Thats not a knock on Ben. Im hard on Ben because I WANT him to have an epic late career renaissance that shuts everybody up about his pedigree. I want him to be his best. I dont think theres anything wrong with that. I dont care to heavily scrutinize some overrated POS quarterback on some other team that i dont care about for just that reason: i dont care about them.

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 06:20 PM

pczach
01-08-2017, 06:25 PM

What about Ben's body of work?

He has already taken his team to three super bowls and won two of them.

The only difference between your analysis of the two quarterbacks is that one is the quarterback of your team. And you tend to blast him for every perceived mistake.

I explained to you in a couple posts why you were being too hard on Ben, and what was happening on the field.

You were saying he didn't take advantage of the weak secondary, yet he had 150 yards or so and two TD's passing in the first quarter and got them a huge lead.

You also said that some of them were simple throws, and that he should have done more. Yet he kept making all the correct line calls and checks to make sure the team was able to run the football because he was doing his job very well at the line of scrimmage and the offensive line was playing well, and Bell was running his ass off.

Why didn't you criticize AB for a pass that went through his hands for an INT? Why didn't you criticize AB for dropping a perfectly thrown pass in the second half on a drag route with no defenders in front of him, and then on the next play, ran down the left sideline wide open and Ben threw him the ball but AB didn't see the ball in the air to go after it?

That's what I'm talking about. You either saw the errors by AB or you didn't. If you didn't see them, that's ok. If you did see them, and then fail to give any credit to Ben on plays that he made the play but someone else didn't, that's on you. I just don't hear any criticism of AB or some others on the offensive side of the ball even when they clearly screw up. Only Ben is to blame.

In other words, it's not all on Ben, yet that's exactly how many here frame it.

That is what's false.

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 06:27 PM

It pains me to say it but if Brady/Belichic were on the Steelers we would win 2-3 Super Bowls in a row with this roster.

And that's not a slam on Ben but he's not the best. Top 5 but not the best.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 06:30 PM
With or without cheating?

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 06:32 PM
With or without cheating?
Both.

- - - Updated - - -

Even Tomlin is not above trying to trip a player.

fansince'76
01-08-2017, 06:33 PM
It pains me to say it but if Brady/Belichic were on the Steelers we would win 2-3 Super Bowls in a row with this roster.

They've had by far the best TE in the game for how many years now and have managed to win 1 SB since 2005. Not to mention the 3 seasons they had Moss. And that 1 SB is largely because the Seahawks had arguably the biggest brainfart in SB history. Oh, and they also rented Revis for a year that season.

The popular media meme of all the "mediocre talent" surrounding Brady is extremely overblown and largely inaccurate.

Butch
01-08-2017, 06:33 PM

And that's not a slam on Ben but he's not the best. Top 5 but not the best.

I don't hate to say it but if I had to support a team that cheated like they did I would no longer be a fan of the team.

Mojouw
01-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Great win today. My game ball goes to the big uglies and that includes the TEs and FBs. They paved the road today.

Also, can we all chip in and pass the hat? I think we need to send Steelmayhem an emergency six pack or something. I'm pissed that Ben is too damn stubborn to give up on plays, but i'm not freaking out about the boot yet.

pczach
01-08-2017, 06:49 PM
This discussion is going off the rails here.

Only here could we turn to all this negative stuff after winning by 18 points and dominating the opponent.

Again, since 2004, the Patriots and the Steelers have both won two super bowls. This superiority given to the Patriots is embarrassing. I know they're a great franchise and they are well coached, but come on. Brady and Ben have won the same number of Super Bowls over the last 12 years when Ben came into the NFL, so please stop with making Belichik a deity.

This is the first year since 2010 that I believe the Steelers should make a run to challenge for the super bowl. I hoped for it the last couple years, but the injuries have been too much to overcome. They have been building this roster since 2011. They have replaced a ton of talent on the fly and have stayed competitive. Now they are ready to win over the next couple years. I believe that.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Great win today. My game ball goes to the big uglies and that includes the TEs and FBs. They paved the road today.

Also, can we all chip in and pass the hat? I think we need to send Steelmayhem an emergency six pack or something. I'm pissed that Ben is too damn stubborn to give up on plays, but i'm not freaking out about the boot yet.

Why would you have Ben throwing at that point anyway?

You know who to blame. But you'd rather bash the HOF QB and protect the Yinzer idiot.

DesertSteel
01-08-2017, 07:08 PM
I don't hate to say it but if I had to support a team that cheated like they did I would no longer be a fan of the team.
That's tough to say. I've been a Steelers fan for 44 years. I'd never turn my back on them.

Devilsdancefloor
01-08-2017, 07:09 PM
Game ball: James harrison, bud dupree, Coach butler, Bell

Goat: Special Teams

Mojouw
01-08-2017, 07:09 PM
Yup. I'm part of the conspiracy. I'm on the inside. I have a "Team Todd" membership card. Came with a decoder ring. Kinda works weird. Everything you code/decode with it says "three TEs".

teegre
01-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Game ball:
Bruce Arians

Goat:
The Meddling Lawyer for not trading Bell to the Iggles for Sproles.

Butch
01-08-2017, 07:19 PM
That's tough to say. I've been a Steelers fan for 44 years. I'd never turn my back on them.

Not for me.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Goat:
The Meddling Lawyer for not trading Bell to the Iggles for Sproles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHblSBwxAsc

Season over.

86WARD
01-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Why would you have Ben throwing at that point anyway?

You know who to blame. But you'd rather bash the HOF QB and protect the Yinzer idiot.

Ben for calling an audible and trying to throw.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 07:30 PM
He didn't call an audible. They were throwing from the start.

If they were running Haley doesn't bring in his wides and take out his beloved jumbo set that they had on 1st and 2nd down.

teegre
01-08-2017, 07:42 PM

Season over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbghEweokFU&app=desktop

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 07:44 PM

Season over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAhSJZFBB4

we go to the super bowl.

GoSlash27
01-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Game ball goes to nobody. This was a team effort and no one player stood out enough to be the difference between winning and losing. Having said that... congrats to Lev Bell for setting (yet another) new franchise rushing record. My game goat has to go to Antonio Brown today. He dropped pretty much everything after the first 3 and nearly caused an interception.

We got by on this performance this week, but next week is KC. We need to be better.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 08:00 PM

I could use that six pack to calm my nerves...much obliged for thinking of me...[emoji1]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 08:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbghEweokFU&app=desktop

ANY TIME YOU mention Sproles? You will be reminded what happened because we wasted a season when we signed that POS LeGarrette Blount instead.

Entirely up to you.

teegre
01-08-2017, 08:06 PM
ANY TIME YOU mention Sproles? You will be reminded what happened because we wasted a season when we signed that POS LeGarrette Blount instead.

Entirely up to you.

Every time that you post anything, you will be reminded that your posts are nothing but garbage.

Entirely up to you.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Every time that you post anything, you will be reminded that your posts are nothing but garbage.

Entirely up to you.

Please. Last three drives of the Ravens game, the first two drives today.

No #45, no #74, #82 had I think 2 snaps.

Five straight drives, five straight touchdowns.

When Toddy does it my way, which is also the correct way for #7? I don't have any issues with him.

hawaiiansteeler
01-08-2017, 08:10 PM

http://mgoblog.com/sites/mgoblog.com/files/beating-a-dead-horse.png

teegre
01-08-2017, 08:12 PM
Please. Last three drives of the Ravens game, the first two drives today.

No #45, no #74, #82 had I think 2 snaps.

Five straight drives, five straight touchdowns.

When Toddy does it my way, which is also the correct way for #7? I don't have any issues with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r1TtN16zq4&app=desktop

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Gameball: Oline and Dline for winning the LOS. Bell for getting the record. AB for getting his 1st 2 playoff TDs today. The blocking by the offense was incredible. LBs were flying around with purpose and our DBs made great tackles and good coverages. Gameball to Haley for a game plan that dominated the Dolphin's defense. Gameball to Butler for a game plan that took away what the Dolphin's do best. Gameball to Tomlin for getting this TEAM here after a 4-5 start.

Goat: Penalties. Have to get those more under control.

Mojouw
01-08-2017, 08:23 PM
I could use that six pack to calm my nerves...much obliged for thinking of me...[emoji1]

You gott it!

86WARD
01-08-2017, 08:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r1TtN16zq4&app=desktop

Lol. Sticky Joe is the best!!

86WARD
01-08-2017, 09:37 PM
After more thought, Jesse James deserves a game ball as well. He saved Ben from another INT and his blocking has improved tremendously since the beginning of the season.

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 09:39 PM
After more thought, Jesse James deserves a game ball as well. He saved Ben from another INT and his blocking has improved tremendously since the beginning of the season.

That catch was insane. That's why some guys play defense.

SteelMayhem72
01-08-2017, 10:23 PM
I have to admit im a pessimist when it comes to my beloved Steelers...I do appreciate talking to you guys in here and keeping me in check. I wear my emotions on my sleeve when it comes to my Steelers.

EzraTank
01-09-2017, 08:33 AM
I say we cut Boswell.

How can you cost us that one point!

Steeldude
01-09-2017, 08:45 AM
Heroes: Bell, Harrison, Shazier...pretty much the entire defense

Goats: Special teams

Born2Steel
01-09-2017, 09:48 AM
On the Dolphins side of things, Alonso was having a great game for them. He was in on most of the tackles it seemed, and he even played in coverage with that club hand. I was a little impressed. Too bad(for them) the rest of their defense couldn't step it up. DonkeyKong and Wake got handled all day.

zulater
01-09-2017, 01:14 PM

Yes and no. While credit goes to the outlaw for a good catch, he didn't save Ben from an interception. The linebacker who let the ball go through his hands did. And as it turned out, it only delayed it one play as Ben threw a pick on the very next play.

teegre
01-09-2017, 02:27 PM
On the Dolphins side of things, Alonso was having a great game for them. He was in on most of the tackles it seemed, and he even played in coverage with that club hand. I was a little impressed.

He's a free agent.
And, we have cap space.

Yes, Timmons has found the fountain of youth, and Vince Williams is very good. But, I might kick the tires on that one.

Mojouw
01-09-2017, 03:05 PM
He's a free agent.
And, we have cap space.

Yes, Timmons has found the fountain of youth, and Vince Williams is very good. But, I might kick the tires on that one.

Wonder if Miami even lets him get on the market? If I was them, I certainly wouldn't!

Count Steeler
01-09-2017, 03:43 PM
He's a free agent.
And, we have cap space.

I have been impressed with Alonso since he was drafted by the Bills. However, I wonder 2 things.

1) Miami is already his 3rd team? I think he went from the Bills to the Eagles to the Phins. Is he a jerk or something?
2) He always seems to be injured. After starting off great in Buffalo, I don't think he finished his first season. Yesterday, his hand was all taped up. I know he has had other injuries as well.

teegre
01-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Wonder if Miami even lets him get on the market? If I was them, I certainly wouldn't!

True

- - - Updated - - -

I have been impressed with Alonso since he was drafted by the Bills. However, I wonder 2 things.

1) Miami is already his 3rd team? I think he went from the Bills to the Eagles to the Phins. Is he a jerk or something?
2) He always seems to be injured. After starting off great in Buffalo, I don't think he finished his first season. Yesterday, his hand was all taped up. I know he has had other injuries as well.

1) Chip Kelly wanted him, and so he traded for him. Then, when the new Eagles coach came in, he cleaned house (got rid of most of the Chip Kelly players). Once Alonso was on the trading block, Miami actively sought him out.

2) Good point. I think that it's because he plays really hard.

polamalubeast
01-09-2017, 04:48 PM

polamalubeast
01-09-2017, 05:05 PM

Psycho Ward 86
01-09-2017, 06:07 PM
He's a free agent.
And, we have cap space.

That would be an interesting signing. Timmons has started slow for so many consecutive seasons but then he plays well to finish. He might be finishing the second half of the season (plus this past postseason game) harder than ever. Always makes it hard to tell exactly where hes at in terms of productivity. id take Kiko is check/off the field thing check out. I wanted Danny Trevathan last offseason and he signed a reasonable contract

LloydWoodson
01-10-2017, 07:52 AM
Ajayi: 16 carries, 33 Yards.

Job done.

Yep. That was the key. Hmm... establish the run/shut down the run.... is this Cowher ball?!

polamalubeast
01-10-2017, 07:54 AM
Yep. That was the key. Hmm... establish the run/shut down the run.... is this Cowher ball?!

The last game looked like 2004 and 2005.

Started fast with 2 quick TD in the first quarter and then run the ball and play great defense!..Yes Cowherball!

Mojouw
01-10-2017, 11:47 AM

BUt Sunday had a key difference - pass first. That is/was the missing element from the classic formula. It isn't "establish the run" to win - you get up with the pass first by a handful of points and then you can establish the run and all of that.