PDA

View Full Version : DA Fred Bright puts end to Ben speculation

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 10:02 AM
He killed the six year anti-Ben agenda.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/da-georgia-roethlisberger-case-2010-not-case-article-1.2936346

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Don't edit my subject.

After what #7 has been put through? It's appropriate.

DesertSteel
01-06-2017, 02:11 PM
Nice find

Bluecoat96
01-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Good article...of course I'm not curious as to the original title of this thread.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Good article...of course I'm not curious as to the original title of this thread.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DA Fred Bright = Murderer

Craic
01-06-2017, 05:17 PM
DA Fred Bright = Murderer

Yeah, that's not libel or anything. Especially as these titles hit twitter and other accounts.

As to the article itself - there's nothing there we didn't already know. The prosecutor didn't say "Ben was innocent" or "I don't think Ben did anything wrong." He said, "We did not have enough to prosecute." Obviously, he believes something happens if he restated his line "We do not prosecute morals." What that was, however, is between him, Ben, and the young woman.

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 05:53 PM
The prosecutor didn't say "Ben was innocent" or "I don't think Ben did anything wrong." He said, "We did not have enough to prosecute."

Goddammit. It's statements like yours above why Ben will never get this past him.

NO, THIS is what DA Bright said:

Q: What about probable cause though?

A: I live in the world of ‘beyond a reasonable doubt.’ An honest answer: It’s debatable. If you want my candid feeling, looking at all the evidence here, we don’t even have probable cause. Probable cause is the standard to make an arrest, and we did not have probable cause. No arrest was made in this case, so there’s no warrant to dismiss. We didn’t even have probable cause in this case.

That sentence, has never been reported anywhere in print. Not by ESPN, not by FOX Sports, not by Ben's local media in Pittsburgh. That sentence of no probable cause, is Bright telling you, without actually saying it, that Ben didn't do what he was accused of.

But wait, there's more:

Q: Was there any evidence or lack of evidence that swayed your decision one way or the other?

A: The crime of rape has three elements: sexual intercourse, which requires penetration, forcibly, and against her will. All three elements, I’ve got a problem proving all three of those. It’s not the DNA. It was human. We can tell it came from a male. And we can tell it’s DNA. But that’s all they can tell you. It’s such a minute sample they said ‘Don’t waste your time sending Mr. Roethlisberger’s or anybody’s DNA here. It will just sit in a bag. We can’t profile it, compare it, to anybody.’ DNA we can get through a search warrant, but there was no need to compare it to anything here.

So a same night examination of the sweet Georgia Peach couldn't provide them with Ben's DNA. She said Ben raped her via unprotected sexual intercourse.

Ben DENIED intercourse.

The lack of DNA backs Ben's claim. It simply isn't possible for Ben's DNA not to be on the accuser's person during a same night examination, if he did what she claimed he did.

Ben's good. But he's not that good to be able to alter science.

That second quote in bold, has also never been reported anywhere in print. Not by ESPN, not by FOX Sports, not by Ben's local media in Pittsburgh.

THAT'S why this shit still hangs on Ben, because media who followed it and wanted Ben's head on a platter, don't have the fucking balls to admit they got hoodwinked, just like DA Bright did.

Craic
01-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Goddammit. It's statements like yours above why Ben will never get this past him.

NO, THIS is what DA Bright said:

Q: What about probable cause though?

A: I live in the world of ‘beyond a reasonable doubt.’ An honest answer: It’s debatable. If you want my candid feeling, looking at all the evidence here, we don’t even have probable cause. Probable cause is the standard to make an arrest, and we did not have probable cause. No arrest was made in this case, so there’s no warrant to dismiss. We didn’t even have probable cause in this case.

That sentence, has never been reported anywhere in print. Not by ESPN, not by FOX Sports, not by Ben's local media in Pittsburgh. That sentence of no probable cause, is Bright telling you, without actually saying it, that Ben didn't do what he was accused of.

But wait, there's more:

Q: Was there any evidence or lack of evidence that swayed your decision one way or the other?

A: The crime of rape has three elements: sexual intercourse, which requires penetration, forcibly, and against her will. All three elements, I’ve got a problem proving all three of those. It’s not the DNA. It was human. We can tell it came from a male. And we can tell it’s DNA. But that’s all they can tell you. It’s such a minute sample they said ‘Don’t waste your time sending Mr. Roethlisberger’s or anybody’s DNA here. It will just sit in a bag. We can’t profile it, compare it, to anybody.’ DNA we can get through a search warrant, but there was no need to compare it to anything here.

So a same night examination of the sweet Georgia Peach couldn't provide them with Ben's DNA. She said Ben raped her via unprotected sexual intercourse.

Ben DENIED intercourse.

The lack of DNA backs Ben's claim. It simply isn't possible for Ben's DNA not to be on the accuser's person during a same night examination, if he did what she claimed he did.

Ben's good. But he's not that good to be able to alter science.

That second quote in bold, has also never been reported anywhere in print. Not by ESPN, not by FOX Sports, not by Ben's local media in Pittsburgh.

THAT'S why this shit still hangs on Ben, because media who followed it and wanted Ben's head on a platter, don't have the fucking balls to admit they got hoodwinked, just like DA Bright did.

Huh.

Do not have probable cause = did not have enough to prosecute.

Once again. You are confusing legal innocence with moral innocence. Legally, he is innocent of all crimes per the constitution unless he is convicted. Morality is a completely different matter and we have no idea what happened. It's his word against hers. And when it is the second time a person is accused of the same thing by two completely different people, in two different states, that person's word becomes less than trustworthy.

Since then, he's matured, grown up, and stopped putting himself in those positions. Good for him. But trying to twist a legal "not enough to prosecute" into a "The prosecutor said he never did it!" encompasses mental hurdles that not even Edwin Moses could leap. Personally, I do not think he tried to rape either of them. But seriously, stop make Ben out to be the poor, innocent all-American, awe-shucks! naive boy who got taken in by the wicked evil women. He was foolish enough to put himself in two very bad situations. Now and forevermore, he will have to suffer the consequences of those decisions.

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Do not have probable cause = did not have enough to prosecute.

Enough? NPC tells you they didn't have ANYTHING to even warrant an arrest.

In a state where a rape conviction is 25 to life? That statement by Bright spoke volumes.

Morality is a completely different matter and we have no idea what happened. It's his word against hers

No, what we have the evidence or lack there of that doesn't support her claim, and supports Ben's claim of no intercourse.

He said/she said is usually about consent or not between two parties.

Ben said that he didn't have sex with her, and the MEDICAL FACTS prove his innocence.

And when it is the second time a person is accused of the same thing by two completely different people, in two different states, that person's word becomes less than trustworthy. The person who started the 2nd claim was REMOVED from the VIP area earlier that night for mentioning Reno and calling him a rapist.

But seriously, stop make Ben out to be the poor, innocent all-American, awe-shucks! naive boy who got taken in by the wicked evil women. He was foolish enough to put himself in two very bad situations. Now and forevermore, he will have to suffer the consequences of those decisions.Nothing wrong with Reno. Ms. McNulty was so traumatized that she went out to dinner with Ben a few nights later and bragged to her friend how Ben asked to take her fly fishing in Wyoming.

The Georgia situation was bad judgement. That doesn't make him guilty, nor does it allow for media to just take free shots at him.

If the Steelers organization had any balls they'd revoke SI's credentials this post season.

Show me, and show BEN, that the organization has his back.

Craic
01-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Nothing wrong with Reno. Ms. McNulty was so traumatized that she went out to dinner with Ben a few nights later and bragged to her friend how Ben asked to take her fly fishing in Wyoming.

:doh:

We're way passed discussing Ben if this is the type of ignorance you portray. Try educating yourself on rape victims and the vast array of coping mechanisms they use, including minimalization and denial. I've known of rape victims to start dating their rapists and continue to do so for months until they come to terms with what happened to them. The type of sheer ignorance portrayed in this post really pisses me off to no end. Not only because it damns the victims, but because it also provides a ton of ammunition for hyperfeminists and "Rape-culture" Evangelists who damn everyone for not agreeing with every ultra feminist principle they hold. Because when they read and hear these things, it proves their point.

And in all honesty, I have no desire to continue this discussion. It makes me sick to my stomach.

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 11:26 PM
We're way passed discussing Ben if this is the type of ignorance you portray. Try educating yourself on rape victims and the vast array of coping mechanisms they use, including minimalization and denial.

Can you please explain how Ms. McNulty knew Ben's TV was "broken" 24 hours BEFORE Ben told her it was?

That would have been the ONLY question David Cornwell would have had to ask her in court. But the NFL told Ben to pay her lawyer fees and move on.

The ONLY person who got a dime in that settlement was Calvin Dunlap.

Which was why he took the case in the first place.

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Can you please explain how Ms. McNulty knew Ben's TV was "broken" 24 hours BEFORE Ben told her it was?

That would have been the ONLY question David Cornwell would have had to ask her in court. But the NFL told Ben to pay her lawyer fees and move on.

Exactly. Not to mention that I was in a Hotel once where the TV did not work, and at no time ever does a front desl person ever come to the room to try and fix it. All they do is call down to maintenance...and they bring another TV to the room and take the other away. That is why when I first heard her account...I knew she was lying.

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 11:34 PM
I was in Reno last summer and my fridge was busted. No I didn't stay at Harrah's....LOL

Called down to the front desk and they brought a new one right up.

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 11:36 PM
I was in Reno last summer and my fridge was busted. No I didn't stay at Harrah's....LOL

Called down to the front desk and they brought a new one right up.

That is the way it is done in every Hotel. Those places do not have repair people to do in rook repairs. They just replace them, and get them fixed later on.

Craic
01-07-2017, 12:13 PM

I'm not going to engage in this conversation anymore, but I wanted to post just to say "Good for you" and "thank you" for not responding to my over-the-top post last night. Such things are hot-buttons for me, so I apologize for the way I said what I said. I could've been much nicer about it.

And again, thanks for taking the high road.

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 12:42 PM
I'm not going to engage in this conversation anymore, but I wanted to post just to say "Good for you" and "thank you" for not responding to my over-the-top post last night. Such things are hot-buttons for me, so I apologize for the way I said what I said. I could've been much nicer about it.

And again, thanks for taking the high road.

You're welcome, but......You have to answer this question first:

AtlantaDan
01-07-2017, 12:55 PM
If the Steelers organization had any balls they'd revoke SI's credentials this post season.

Show me, and show BEN, that the organization has his back.

If anyone wanted to bring the SI story into the public limelight revoking SI's credentials would probably be the best way to do it

As far as having Ben's back, Coach Tomlin and Kevin Colbert appeared with Ben at the 2009 press conference when Ben denied the Reno allegations as he stood behind a podium with the Steelers logo at the Steelers facility - that looks like having someone's back to me

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin stood behind Mr. Roethlisberger's right shoulder, looking on stoically as his quarterback spoke. Also attending the news conference [was] Kevin Colbert.

http://www.steelers.com/assets/images/imported/MediaContent/2009/07/24/07/clips_7_24_09_106353.pdf

Then Ben decided what better place for a multimillionaire NFL QB to spend his time than the "VIP" room of a college bar in Milledgeville, GA (if he wanted the college scene UGA in Athens, one of the top shelf college towns, was around the same distance from where he was staying at Lake Oconee or if he wanted to party with adults Atlanta was not that far away)

Think Tomlin, Colbert and the Rooneys felt like chumps after the Milledgeville allegations surfaced?

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 01:05 PM
What?????? It's already in the public limelight. Ben's LOCAL media wanted to interview SL Price this week.

Media, BOTH local and national have been beating this dead horse for almost 7 years.

Just ONCE, I'd like to see Art Rooney II have Ben's back.

Mojouw
01-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Isn't this a dead issue? Here's what I don't get from the ruined reputation crowd. Dude got drunk in a bar and went in to a bathroom with a college girl. What does anyone think happened? Tips on post college life? A deep discussion on geopolitics?

Consensual or not, that is an incredibly stupid decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Consensual or not, that is an incredibly stupid decision.

Another uninformed genius above.

BEN

DENIED

INTERCOURSE.

THE FACTS SUPPORT HIS CLAIM. PERIOD.

43Hitman
01-07-2017, 04:17 PM
WHO
GIVES
A
FUCK

REALLY? BESIDES YOU, WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK!!

86WARD
01-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Why is this even a debate...lol. Who gives a fuck about some outdated retread SI article?

Craic
01-07-2017, 04:28 PM
REALLY? BESIDES YOU, WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK!!

HEY!

NO WHERE WAS BEN ACCUSED OF FLYING WHEN IT HAPPENED.

STOP PILING ON!

43Hitman
01-07-2017, 04:29 PM
HEY!

NO WHERE WAS BEN ACCUSED OF FLYING WHEN IT HAPPENED.

STOP PILING ON!Well played :chuckle:

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 04:34 PM
So you people in no way, are upset that a MIAMI WRITER, is trying to distract Ben before his 1st playoff game against the Miami Dolphins?

Like I said, the wishes of many on this board, are odd to say the least.

He should have written a story on Todd Haley's off the field life.

You guys would have a seizure then.

43Hitman
01-07-2017, 04:53 PM
It appears to me that the only one distracted by this story is you. We have moved on, much like Ben has, and I can promise you he gives zero fucks about this story. All he cares about is hardware.

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 05:07 PM
It appears to me that the only one distracted by this story is you. We have moved on, much like Ben has, and I can promise you he gives zero fucks about this story

But that's just it. Ben has moved on.

But media won't, and the Steelers organization continues to allow it to happen.

And that's all on ART II. He's the boss now. Dan pretty much lets Art II run the team as he sees fit.

When Ben had 2005 knee surgery? WPXI staked out his house.

DAN released a statement, saying if it continued? WPXI risked losing their game day access.

86WARD
01-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Hopefully Ben is brought up on charges for raping the Dolphins, the Chiefs, the Patriots and some unknown NFC Team and then Roger Goodell on his way to hoisting a 7th Lombardi...which would match his jersey number and the number of rapes he's either committed or been accused of. The stars align...

Born2Steel
01-07-2017, 05:25 PM
But that's just it. Ben has moved on.

But media won't, and the Steelers organization continues to allow it to happen.

And that's all on ART II. He's the boss now. Dan pretty much lets Art II run the team as he sees fit.

When Ben had 2005 knee surgery? WPXI staked out his house.

DAN released a statement, saying if it continued? WPXI risked losing their game day access.

Another thread not about the Rooney issue you seem to want to harp on so badly. Start a new thread for that.

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Another thread not about the Rooney issue you seem to want to harp on so badly. Start a new thread for that.

No, it's a BEN issue.

The Chief and Dan always had the backs of their players. That's why it was so laughable when I'd hear "The Chief would have cut Ben".

The same Chief who employed Bobby Layne and Jerry Nuzum?

zulater
01-07-2017, 06:05 PM
:doh:

We're way passed discussing Ben if this is the type of ignorance you portray. Try educating yourself on rape victims and the vast array of coping mechanisms they use, including minimalization and denial. I've known of rape victims to start dating their rapists and continue to do so for months until they come to terms with what happened to them. The type of sheer ignorance portrayed in this post really pisses me off to no end. Not only because it damns the victims, but because it also provides a ton of ammunition for hyperfeminists and "Rape-culture" Evangelists who damn everyone for not agreeing with every ultra feminist principle they hold. Because when they read and hear these things, it proves their point.

And in all honesty, I have no desire to continue this discussion. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Essentially you have just convicted Ben in a case where no credible evidence has ever been put forth suggesting his guilt. False accusers aren't entitled to sympathy. False allegations change and ruin lives. Many young men have had their lives ruined by untruthful claims of sexual assault. As Crash has stated the 2nd allegation came about in no small part due to the prior libel slung at Ben in Tahoe. The Georgia accuser was more or less "slut shamed" into a false allegation because of her friends predisposition against Ben due to those lies.

I'm all for protecting real victims. And I realize all sexual assault can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, therefore lack of a conviction or even charges shouldn't be held against the accuser. But when there's absolutely zero credible evidence, when the evidence or lack thereof strongly suggest an attention grab or revenge seek over unrequited feelings by the accuser then the accused becomes the victim.

And to those of you that say "get over it. Ben has." I doubt it. Ben doesn't go a week in his life without being reminded of this. Any positive column or article ever written about him that has a comments section will be fully inundated with the slur "Rapistberger". Radio hosts throughout the country continue to cast doubt on his integrity over these charges. And worst of all he knows what this has put his family through. His sister while playing Div I college basketball was forced to endure taunts over her brother's supposed crimes. And if you think his kids aren't going to get all kinds of grief over these lies throughout their live's then you really do have your head in the sand.

Ben was a single young man when he interacted with these woman. He wasn't cheating on a wife or a girlfriend. He never deserved the villain hat for youthful indiscretion.

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Still waiting for this to be answered below:

You know what else sickens me? Many of the same local media and fans who lynched Ben can't down on their knees fast enough to praise Charlie Batch. Can't even listen to the post game anymore because it's basically three hours of fans sucking Charlie off.

He tries to get past it, and you can tell he's uncomfortable with it. But the the Yinzers just keep going. Game after game after game.

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 07:33 PM
A friend of mine posted this on Wex's board, I knew what happened, and I knew that he knew what happened. And we've known for years.

This is the 100% TRUTH of that night.

In the Summer of 2011 I was at a Law Enforcement conference with several members of the Milledgeville PD.

The story they told me made me highly upset a long time officer was fired when he said the girl was lying about what happened.

No DNA in a rape kit immediately after the said incident lets me know nothing happened.

What happened?

Lady goes to a broom closet bathroom with Ben's bodyguard showing her where it was (Her words via the DVD's are: "I was like, Well, I need to go to the bathroom, let's go to the bathroom).

She tells the bodyguard to get Ben.

Ben goes around the corner to the closet and she jumps off the toilet and tries to kiss Ben when she pisses on floor and herself.

Ben laughs and leaves and she's crying on floor.

The friend who was kicked out returns drunk and heated and sees her on the floor and yells that her friend was raped by Ben.

The officer who was fired says she's lying but the friends are hysterical and he tells them to go to the hospital and have a kit done.

The officer goes inside and tells the Ben party what has happened and tells them to stay until statements are made.