PDA

View Full Version : Cowher: 'Ben is a fierce competitor'

polamalubeast
01-06-2017, 10:01 AM
Bill Cowher loves the competitive spirit Ben Roethlisberger brings to the game.

On the day Ben Roethlisberger was drafted back in 2004, Bill Cowher made a statement that was definitely a fact.

“This kid has a lot of upside,” said Cowher, who coached Roethlisberger his first three seasons in the league.

Now, as Roethlisberger is set to lead the Steelers into the postseason, Cowher has far greater words of praise for him and the way he has grown.

“When I left here 10 years ago he had just completed his third year here and he was a young player, a talented young player,” said Cowher. “He was in the process of trying to make this his team. There were still a lot of veterans around him.

“What you see right now is a guy who this is his football team. He is very mature. A guy this team looks at as their leader. He sets the tone. You can tell by the way he handles himself, he has been in this situation before. You don’t change things. But the preparation is better. He is the one people are looking at. He has grown as a person, as a player, and his play has reflected that.”

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Cowher-Ben-is-a-fierce-competitor/d34eb1c0-383f-4fdc-844c-14bfc7fed99b

Born2Steel
01-06-2017, 11:03 AM
I agree. The difference between young Ben and Ben today is incredible. We all remember the Ben that wrecked his motorcycle, almost wrecking himself and his career. Today we have much more mature and business-like Ben. Here's to hoping our current young guns can mature as well.

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 11:25 AM
Shut up Bill. You wanted Shaun fucking Andrews.

pczach
01-06-2017, 12:12 PM

Come on man....He's just commenting on and complimenting the young quarterback that led him to his only super bowl win.

He's as qualified as anyone to speak about where Ben was compared to where he is now as a player, and how he has matured as a man and a leader in the locker room.

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 12:33 PM
In 2008 Heath Miller said it was Ben's team.

That was 5 years into his career.

86WARD
01-06-2017, 01:15 PM
:rolleyes:

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Btw Cowher being interviewed by the ESPN draft dais table after Ben was picked? Looked like someone who just found out his dog died.

“This kid has a lot of upside,” said Cowher, "

Gee Bill, he was picked #11. I would certainly fucking hope so.

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 01:35 PM

No he didn't. And I spoke with a Steelers insider who was right there in the War room. Bill Cowher wanted Dunta Robinson. Wanted him bad. But the word was that everyone knew that Houston, who drafted right ahead of us wanted him. So Cobert and Cowher tried desperately to trade up to Jacksonville's spot. But the Jags wanted a ridiculous amount to move down..even Cowher agreed that it was way too much to ask to move up to the 9th spot. So when Houston did draft Robinson...Cowher just said to Colbert..." Go ahead and draft him "...meaning Ben. But it was never Andrews Cowher wanted at all...it was Dunta Robinson.

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 01:39 PM
No he didn't. And I spoke with a Steelers insider who was right there in the War room. Bill Cowher wanted Dunta Robinson.

He wanted Rivers before the Manning's power play. Then he wanted Hall, then he wanted Andrews.

I'll listen to Dan Rooney.

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 01:46 PM
He wanted Rivers before the Manning's power play. Then he wanted Hall, then he wanted Andrews.

I'll listen to Dan Rooney.

[/COLOR]

WRONG!! BC never wanted Rivers, or Hall. My guy was in the Steelers War room that draft...Rooney was not. Nor has he ever commented on it either.

DesertSteel
01-06-2017, 01:52 PM
I agree. The difference between young Ben and Ben today is incredible. We all remember the Ben that wrecked his motorcycle, almost wrecking himself and his career. Today we have much more mature and business-like Ben. Here's to hoping our current young guns can mature as well.
But young Ben is the guy with the Super Bowl wins....... we need old Ben to take us back to the Promised Land!

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Cowher went to Rivers Pro Day. Someone on old Trib Live actually posted an email from Rivers (an NC state student, not a Steelers fan) stating that Cowher told him if he was there he's the pick.

Rooney was not. Nor has he ever commented on it either.

Read Dan's book.

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Cowher went to Rivers Pro Day. Someone on old Trib Live actually posted an email from Rivers (an NC state student, not a Steelers fan) stating that Cowher told him if he was there he's the pick.

Read Dan's book. [/COLOR]

He has went to EVERY NC State's pro days. Cowher went there. His wife did, and he has friends there. He did not go to personally see Rivers...LOL!

teegre
01-06-2017, 02:10 PM
No he didn't. And I spoke with a Steelers insider who was right there in the War room. Bill Cowher wanted Dunta Robinson. Wanted him bad. But the word was that everyone knew that Houston, who drafted right ahead of us wanted him. So Cobert and Cowher tried desperately to trade up to Jacksonville's spot. But the Jags wanted a ridiculous amount to move down..even Cowher agreed that it was way too much to ask to move up to the 9th spot. So when Houston did draft Robinson...Cowher just said to Colbert..." Go ahead and draft him "...meaning Ben. But it was never Andrews Cowher wanted at all...it was Dunta Robinson.

Cowher didn't want Del Taco!!! He wanted Taco Bell!!!

Either way... thankfully, he ended up with filet mignon.

Psycho Ward 86
01-06-2017, 04:11 PM

Yeah sure. And i fucked Jennifer Lopez.

polamalubeast
01-06-2017, 04:19 PM
For Elliot Harrison,Roethlisberger is a lock for the HOF.Antonio Brown is likely...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7imFV7GFnI

pczach
01-06-2017, 04:32 PM

You lucky bastard!

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Prior to the 2008 opener.

Notice the quotes from guys like Aaron Smith and Heath.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2008/09/04/Teammates-embrace-Big-Ben-as-Steelers-leader/stories/200809040264

86WARD
01-06-2017, 06:37 PM

Sorry to hear that...had the goggles on that night did ya?

polamalubeast
01-07-2017, 03:10 PM

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Screw what Art II has to say. He let Ben twist in the wind before Goodell fucked him, then he publicly supported that too.

pczach
01-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Screw what Art II has to say. He let Ben twist in the wind before Goodell fucked him, then he publicly supported that too.

Are you ever happy with anything?

You are bitching about something or arguing with people in every thread.

What are you so angry about, and why are you so confrontational?

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 03:36 PM

What are you so angry about, and why are you so confrontational?

I'm not arguing at all.

I'm sick of Art Rooney II's Jerry Jones routine.

Sit in the owners box and STFU.

He told Ben how to play his position after 2011.

And this team has one playoff win since.

Born2Steel
01-07-2017, 05:23 PM
I'm not arguing at all.

I'm sick of Art Rooney II's Jerry Jones routine.

Sit in the owners box and STFU.

He told Ben how to play his position after 2011.

And this team has one playoff win since.

And what does that have to do with "Ben is a fierce competitor"? If you have a thread idea start one to discuss the Rooney issue.

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 05:41 PM
And what does that have to do with "Ben is a fierce competitor"? If you have a thread idea start one to discuss the Rooney issue.

The same thing it has to do with Steelers Depot's tweet about Art II's comments being posted

Born2Steel
01-07-2017, 07:09 PM
The same thing it has to do with Steelers Depot's tweet about Art II's comments being posted

And where do you see that exactly?

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 07:18 PM
And where do you see that exactly?

So you're telling this forum that you don't see Steelers Depot's tweet that was posted here?

Born2Steel
01-07-2017, 07:25 PM
I don't see ANYTHING by Steeler Depot in this THREAD.

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 07:39 PM

See that?

Born2Steel
01-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Ah. I do. That actually is in line with the thread though.

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 07:47 PM
So is me telling ART II to kiss off. He and he alone is responsible for the five year decline of this team compared to the previous five.

Born2Steel
01-07-2017, 07:48 PM
So is me telling ART II to kiss off. He and he alone is responsible for the five year decline of this team compared to the previous five.

Has what exactly to do with 'Ben is a fierce competitor'?

Reason I'm even doing this is because it's become obnoxious. We ALL get off topic. YOU seem to make it your goal though. EVERY thread you take off on some agenda rant that has nothing to do with the actual thread. You CAN make your own threads. As many as you want. About pretty much whatever you want. It's called being polite.

steelcityboyz
01-07-2017, 08:42 PM

What are you so angry about, and why are you so confrontational?He's related to the bell ringer.

teegre
01-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Has what exactly to do with 'Ben is a fierce competitor'?

Reason I'm even doing this is because it's become obnoxious. We ALL get off topic. YOU seem to make it your goal though. EVERY thread you take off on some agenda rant that has nothing to do with the actual thread. You CAN make your own threads. As many as you want. About pretty much whatever you want. It's called being polite.

Spot on.

Psycho Ward 86
01-07-2017, 11:16 PM
He's related to the bell ringer.

he is bell ringer. clearly.

#CRASHFormation
01-07-2017, 11:53 PM

no you're wrong. clearly.

smokin3000gt
01-08-2017, 12:20 AM

one down... one to go...

LloydWoodson
01-08-2017, 11:40 AM
Cowher didn't want Del Taco!!! He wanted Taco Bell!!!

Either way... thankfully, he ended up with filet mignon.

Haha! Great line. I am on my phone and had to scroll left to see who posted this and I was thinking "This has to be Teegre." Needless to say you didn't disappoint.