PDA

View Full Version : Cowher on Tomlin: 'Mike has been himself'

polamalubeast
01-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Bill Cowher was in town on Thursday and shared his thoughts on Mike Tomlin.

Bill Cowher walked around the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex on Thursday, shaking hands, getting hugs and enjoying some friendly banter with those he worked with during his 15 year tenure as the Steelers’ coach.

Ironically, it was a similar setting 10 years ago to the day, when Cowher shook a lot of hands and got plenty of hugs on Jan. 5, 2007, the day he retired as the Steelers’ coach.

But on this day, Cowher was in the building to talk with Coach Mike Tomlin for a story on CBS’s ‘The NFL Today,’ which will air before Sunday’s AFC Wild Card game against the Miami Dolphins.

“I had the chance to sit and just talk with Mike before the interview,” said Cowher. “It was just him and I in the room, he was watching tape, and we were sharing some wonderful stories. It’s just amazing how special a place this is in so many respects. Not just in the building, but the city, the environment. It’s a great place to raise your family, a place that keeps values, a place that has high standards. A place where you get to enjoy the simplicities of life and at the same time the thrills of a lifetime.

“Being back here, talking with him 10 years later for a piece that hopefully makes people realize how special a place this is.”

The two sat down in front of a backdrop that would give you chills, a backdrop with Tomlin, Cowher, and Hall of Fame Coach Chuck Noll surrounded by six Lombardi Trophies. It’s a backdrop that shows the legacy of Steelers’ coaches, a legacy they all took pride in.

When Cowher retired, he wanted the team to be left in good hands. And he knows it was with Tomlin.

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Cowher-on-Tomlin-Mike-has-been-himself/9f1d01a1-bf54-4e0f-857a-1f627533fd5e

zulater
01-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Both are part of our coaching legacy, good to see that they have a mutual respect for one another. I wish the same were true of many of our fans. There's too much pitting one against the other for my liking with the fans. As if you have to be a Cowher guy or a Tomlin guy. Well let me state for the record I like 'em both and am glad that both are part of our coaching tree.

polamalubeast
01-08-2017, 04:06 PM