PDA

View Full Version : We did not have a case

stillers4me
01-06-2017, 05:16 AM
Former DA in Georgia on why he didn’t prosecute Ben Roethlisberger for alleged rape in 2010: ‘We did not have a case’
The former Ocmulgee (Ga.) Judicial Circuit district attorney, who in 2010 declined to prosecute Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for an alleged rape, says he has no opinion about Roethlisberger's years-long decision to use a fictional hometown in his Steelers media guide profile.
"That's between (Roethlisberger) and his hometown," says Fred Bright, the now retired Georgia prosecutor. "I've never been to Findlay (Ohio). My job as a prosecutor is to determine whether or not I have a prosecutable case, which we did not."..............

.........."It wasn't a difficult decision," says Bright. "I'm a prosecutor seeking justice, and we did not have a case. It was not even a close call."....

Read more @ http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/da-georgia-roethlisberger-case-2010-not-case-article-1.2936346

Bookmark this story and make it go viral.

Count Steeler
01-06-2017, 05:23 AM
Evidence in the face of accusations, accusations as severe as these, are not necessary. The accusation is enough to incarcerate.

Didn't a former presidential candidate make a similar statement? But never against her husband.

Or better yet, let's tell an Al Jazera reporter to print a story that has no basis in fact, and then we can hold an investigation.

In our current mind set, accusations are 9/10ths of a conviction. Pitiful.

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 10:08 AM
"There's not a doubt in my mind that had the case gone to trial, a jury would have found (Roethlisberger) not guilty. To be blunt, my decision was the only decision that could be reached by any responsible prosecutor."

-DA Fred Bright

That should end any nonsense from media about this anymore. If the Steelers organization had any balls they would tell SI to stay home this week.