PDA

View Full Version : Steelers TE Xavier Grimble Dealing With Cracked Ribs Ahead Of Playoffs

Shoes
01-04-2017, 01:54 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers are hoping to have tight end Ladarius Green back on the field for their Sunday Wild Card game against the Miami Dolphins as he is making strides with the concussion that he suffered in the Week 15 win over the Cincinnati Bengals. While we won’t really know Green’s status for Sunday until later in the week, it’s not looking like another Steelers tight end will be able to play against the Dolphins.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/01/steelers-te-xavier-grimble-dealing-cracked-ribs-ahead-playoffs/

86WARD
01-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Cracked ribs...there's no way he plays.

The bell ringer
01-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Sad for him, but, it's not like he is a offensive production guy. He is not a good blocker, nor is he a speed guy. Yes it hurts cause he has good hands, and works the middle of the field a little. And as bad as Miami is covering TE's it hurts. But offensive..against Miami, he is not...or should not be the deciding factor. So I hope he can get better soon, maybe play in KC. But for this game...it's Much Ado about nothing.

Mojouw
01-04-2017, 03:09 PM
I only cracked one rib earlier this summer. I couldn't move for like a day without pain and it took 4 weeks before I could move easily.

I get that Grimble is far tougher than me and he gets neat-o injections, but still I wouldn't count on him for much.

The bell ringer
01-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Just wondering ( Dreaming )...I saw that the Seahawks just recently signed Devin Hester to their roster, and that he can play in the playoffs. I mean IF he wanted to...Could the Steelers sign Heath Miller to our active roster ?..and have him play Sunday ? Just wondering.

polamalubeast
01-04-2017, 03:14 PM
The good news is that Green has a very good chance to play.

Mojouw
01-04-2017, 03:24 PM
Just wondering ( Dreaming )...I saw that the Seahawks just recently signed Devin Hester to their roster, and that he can play in the playoffs. I mean IF he wanted to...Could the Steelers sign Heath Miller to our active roster ?..and have him play Sunday ? Just wondering.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder834/500x/74482834.jpg

#CRASHFormation
01-04-2017, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure. If he put in his retirement papers I think he has to clear waivers.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Wow we are at it wonder if Fox will Let Terry out of his contract so he can be our official cheerleader for the playoff run ?

Iron Steeler
01-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Yeh i cracked a rib once took my about a month and a half to feel right. Sneezing and laughing hurt like hell

#CRASHFormation
01-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Depends where it is. The fact that he's practicing is a good sign.