PDA

View Full Version : Fire Haley!!! Hire Arians!!! Hijack threads!!!!!

teegre
01-02-2017, 01:55 PM
I couldn't find a single thread discussing Todd Haley. :huh:

So... I started this one.

What is everyone's opinion of Haley?
... of Nix?
... of going 5-wide on every single offensive snap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdTTqDGPEeg&app=desktop

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 02:01 PM

Trash.

... of Nix?

Trash.

Silly. Three wides, a RB, a TE, go win the AFC.

polamalubeast
01-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Silly. Three wides, a RB, a TE, go win the AFC.

[/COLOR]

Even without Joe Thomas?

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Even without Joe Thomas?

Yep.

Because less congestion also helps our LT.

Look what happened in 2013 when Haley was demoted? That OL was shit. But because they spread teams out and Ben was calling most of the plays at the LOS the OL had less people to deal with, and they played better.

Method28
01-02-2017, 03:46 PM
Love Haley and what hes done for this offense and for Ben's career. Ben mightve loved Arians but he was getting beat up every play.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Born2Steel
01-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Maybe if Haley wore a Kango Ben would feel more comfortable in this offense.

ALLD
01-02-2017, 03:52 PM
Bring in Johnny Manziel for the playoffs.

Brett Favre
Tim Tebow

st33lersguy
01-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Overall, I think Haley has done a good job with the offense. I don't like how sometimes he will wreck drives with needless trick plays and I don't like his running of countless bubble screens that don't work, but overall I think he has done good

Count Steeler
01-02-2017, 04:10 PM
It would have been interesting to see Arians and Munchak work together.

polamalubeast
01-02-2017, 05:01 PM

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Translation? No one's called.

Shoes
01-02-2017, 05:13 PM
Overall, I think Haley has done a good job with the offense. I don't like how sometimes he will wreck drives with needless trick plays and I don't like his running of countless bubble screens that don't work, but overall I think he has done good

I agree for the most, but one has to wonder how much the O-line and Munch have played into this.

It would have been interesting to see Arians and Munchak work together.

Indeed. One thing we can all agree on is the difference Munch has made to the offense.

polamalubeast
01-02-2017, 05:16 PM
I agree for the most, but one has to wonder how much the O-line and Munch have played into this.

Huge

Haley and Arians are in the same level as OC.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 05:28 PM
Huge

Haley and Arians are in the same level as OC.

Ridiculous. Haley has one playoff win with an in prime Ben.

His system has scored under 20 in every playoff game he's run it.

st33lersguy
01-02-2017, 06:24 PM
Ridiculous. Haley has one playoff win with an in prime Ben.

Yeah cause it's solely the offensive coordinator that determines how a team does.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Yeah cause it's solely the offensive coordinator that determines how a team does.

When your system is under 20 points in four playoff games? Your system stinks.

86WARD
01-02-2017, 06:33 PM
I couldn't find a single thread discussing Todd Haley. :huh:

So... I started this one.

... of Nix?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdTTqDGPEeg&app=desktop

Haley is a Top-3 OC in the league. Leaps and bounds better than Arians. Arians is the equivalent of a HS coach when compared to Haley. Arians is showing his true colors this season as he took a playoff team and destroyed them.

The Steelers run game wouldn't be anything without Nix and Bell would probably have 3/4 the yards he has now. You could see how important he is to the offense yesterday as he was the go to guy right out of the box.

5-wide is what kills drives. See the road games where they go 5-wide. Ben is terrible with that personnel on field. Anyone that thinks otherwise plays too much Madden.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 06:46 PM
No one wants 5 wides.

Never said it, hate it.

But Toddy sure keeps his QB's in empty sets a lot.

So much for keeping them "safe".

- - - Updated - - -

Haley is a Top-3 OC in the league. Leaps and bounds better than Arians. Arians is the equivalent of a HS coach when compared to Haley. Arians is showing his true colors this season as he took a playoff team and destroyed them.

Just stop it.

Carson Palmer was done until Arians got him.

Toddy inherited a back to back 12 win team and went 8-8.

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers run game wouldn't be anything without Nix and Bell would probably have 3/4 the yards he has now.

That's a slap to Bell's face. Nix barely fucking plays.

86WARD
01-02-2017, 06:53 PM
No one wants 5 wides.

Never said it, hate it.

But Toddy sure keeps his QB's in empty sets a lot.

So much for keeping them "safe".

- - - Updated - - -

Just stop it.

Carson Palmer was done until Arians got him.

Toddy inherited a back to back 12 win team and went 8-8.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a slap to Bell's face. Nix barely fucking plays.

Bullshit. Carson was Pro-Bowl talent and Arians wrecked him and wrecked Michael Floyd. He also took the ball out of their best RBs hands far too often. He's an offense killer and you know it. Your hate for Haley blinds you.

Bell isn't half the runner he is without Nix. Just because you hate on him for whatever reason, maybe he stole your girlfriend in 5th grade, who knows...you just refuse to admit it...lol.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 06:56 PM
Nix doesn't play. Bell's had 36 carries ALL FUCKING SEASON in a split set, and ONE carry all season, in the I.

Bell's either in the shotgun with Ben, or is the lone setback.

Jesus H it's not hard to read a splits sheet.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit. Carson was Pro-Bowl talent and Arians wrecked him and wrecked Michael Floyd. He also took the ball out of their best RBs hands far too often. He's an offense killer and you know it. Your hate for Haley blinds you.

If Arians is an offense killer Haley is a team, and a career killer.

One

playoff

win

since

86WARD
01-02-2017, 06:58 PM
Nix doesn't play. Bell's had 36 carries ALL FUCKING SEASON in a split set, and ONE carry all season, in the I.

Bell's either in the shotgun with Ben, or is the lone setback.

Jesus H it's not hard to read a splits sheet.

It's all about Nix. Watch the games instead of reading the stat sheets. Where does Bell go when he's on the sidelines? Straight to Nix. Nix gives him all the info he needs. Man.......I wish more people would watch the games instead of just going to a stat sheet and make up stories.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Good Lord. LOL

I don't know whither to laugh or cry.

teegre
01-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Even without Joe Thomas?

Better yet, he's done it without Darren Sproles.

Sproles >>> Bell

Craic
01-02-2017, 07:20 PM

Sproles >>> Bell

Sproles >>> Bell >>> Rod Woodson.

:chuckle:

ETL
01-02-2017, 07:52 PM
I couldn't wait for Arians to leave. Can't believe he's still coaching and the Cardinals players are still buying his crap.

Haley is a God. Can't believe the Rooneys have not made him part owner.

Nix is awesome. 5 wide is not needed with Bell as RB. He can go for a pass from the backfield and still give the defense the threat of a running play.

pczach
01-02-2017, 09:11 PM

Sproles >>> Bell

You throw out this shit show thread like a live hand grenade........and don't participate for over five hours? That's like dropping a deuce in the middle of the living room floor and waiting for someone else to pick it up!

Well played my friend! :toofunny:

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Bruce Arians has two Super Bowl rings.

Todd Haley's offense hasn't scored 20 TWICE in four playoff games.

Two playoff wins in the next two weeks. If he's as good as you people say he shouldn't have any problems.

st33lersguy
01-02-2017, 09:17 PM
The worst thing about Haley is he sometimes calls stupid plays, like a pass when it is better to run or a trick play, something that Arians did in spades unveiling the least imaginative play-calling possible with absolutely no effort to fool the defense

The bell ringer
01-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Bruce Arians has two Super Bowl rings.

Todd Haley's offense hasn't scored 20 TWICE in four playoff games.

Two playoff wins in the next two weeks. If he's as good as you people say he shouldn't have any problems.

Those Super Bowls were won with Defense, and a strong running game that had nothing to do with Ariens. It was the same Power Pull running game we had used for years.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 09:19 PM
The worst thing about Haley is he sometimes calls stupid plays, like a pass when it is better to run or a trick play, something that Arians did in spades unveiling the least imaginative play-calling possible with absolutely no effort to fool the defense

You keep thinking that.

Someday it might be true.

- - - Updated - - -

Those Super Bowls were won with Defense, and a strong running game that had nothing to do with Ariens. It was the same Power Pull running game we had used for years.

Yeah, that was it.

Christ I think Fitz is still running.

Mojouw
01-02-2017, 09:22 PM
Can we still bring back Ron Erhardt? Even if he's dead, just prop him up El Cid style on he sideline and tell Ben to call a power run off tackle with a couple of pulling o lineman.

I think he he won multiple SBs calling the same six plays.

Better yet, is Mouse Davis still alive? That Dude love multiple wideouts and spacing

The bell ringer
01-02-2017, 09:26 PM
Can we still bring back Ron Erhardt? Even if he's dead, just prop him up El Cid style on he sideline and tell Ben to call a power run off tackle with a couple of pulling o lineman.

I think he he won multiple SBs calling the same six plays.

Better yet, is Mouse Davis still alive? That Dude love multiple wideouts and spacing

We actually run that Offensive scheme now ( The E-P System )...a lot of teams do, including the Patriots, Broncos and others.

pczach
01-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Sproles >>> Bell >>> Rod Woodson.

:chuckle:

Arians play calling >>> Sproles >>> Bell >>> Rod Woodson >>> Jack Lambert and Troy >>> Todd Haley's Camaro

- - - Updated - - -

Only if they dress him in Deuce Staley's sweat pants.....

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Ben unfortunately has Staley's sweat pants after all the time he's missed in this "safer offense".

teegre
01-02-2017, 10:13 PM
points scored / NFL rank

2004: 372 / 11
2005: 389 / 9
2006: 353 / 12
2007: 393 / 9
2008: 347 / 20
2009: 368 / 12
2010: 375 / 12
2011: 325 / 21

2012: 336 / 22
2013: 379 / 16
2014: 436 / 7
2015: 423 / 4

Pretty negligible. So, what is actually the difference???

NFL rank for points allowed

2004: 1
2005: 3
2006: 11
2007: 2
2008: 1
2009: 12
2010: 1
2011: 1

2012: 6
2013: 14
2014: 18
2015: 11

SUMMATION:
Haley... Arians... who cares!?! The answer is Darren Sproles,who played FS in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, and 2011. Until we trade for Sproles (I heard that Alejandro Villanueva is available), we will not win another championship.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 10:16 PM
2014: 436 / 7
2015: 423 / 4

Pretty negligible. So, what is actually the difference???

Simple really, those are stats without context. The numbers include garbage time numbers in losses in the Haley Era, and the early Ben years don't take into account when they took their foot of the gas with leads.

teegre
01-02-2017, 10:20 PM
Simple really, those are stats without context. The numbers include garbage time numbers in losses in the Haley Era, and the early Ben years don't take into account when they took their foot of the gas with leads.

What does that have to do with Joe Thomas??? :huh:

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 10:22 PM
What does that have to do with Joe Thomas??? :huh:

Nothing.

He plays for the Browns.

Still wished he played for us, the best LT in football.

We all saw what happened in a key spot in Kansas City the last time Villanueva had to block Tamba Hali there.

teegre
01-02-2017, 10:30 PM
Nothing.

He plays for the Browns.

We all saw what happened in a key spot in Kansas City the last time Villanueva had to block Tamba Hali there.

It can be summed up in six consecutive drives...

Defense holds KC to a FG.
Jones misses a wide-open D.Will for a walk-in TD.

Defense holds KC to another FG.
Steelers don't convert 4th-&-1.

Defense holds KC to yet another FG.
Jones throws in INT.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 10:39 PM
You missed one.

polamalubeast
01-03-2017, 07:59 AM

You talk as if the Steelers were 24-24 in the last three years....This is not the case.The Steelers have 32-16 since 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing.

He plays for the Browns.

It was the first starts of Villanueva in his career and he has improved since.He was also not bad in this game if I remember well.

zulater
01-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Nothing.

He plays for the Browns.

I don't. I admire and respect Thomas but how many games is he winning you? You can have the best left tackle in the game for 15 years and not even register a winning season. Not that the losing is about him, but the point is I don't want to invest a premium pick or a premium salary on "the stud left tackle" Give me a serviceable guy a couple rungs down the ladder who wont cost me an arm and a leg, that I didn't have to use a premium pick on. We won a Super Bowl with Max Starks starting at left tackle. We won a Super Bowl with Marvel Smith (who was slightly above average) as our LT too. Villenueva's play has graded out fine this year. He's developed into an above average starter. Not spectacular, yes he'll make an occasional mistake. But he's a grinder he gets off the mat and does the job play after play.

One last things answer me this. In 2007, the year Joe Thomas was drafted, the Steelers drafted Lawrence Timmons. No one would argue career wise Thomas has been a far superior player than Timmons. Thomas obviously being a first ballot HOF'er and Timmons just being a very good player for a long run. But to the question, in the terms of wins and losses how many more games would Joe Thomas have given us had he been our first round pick that year as opposed to Timmons? Keep in mind salary cap hit etc...

Bottom line to me having the best left tackle in football is a luxary best left to someone else.

zulater
01-03-2017, 09:30 AM
Ben unfortunately has Staley's sweat pants after all the time he's missed in this "safer offense".

Your posts bring Mike Tomlin's nickname for Mike Wallace to mind. One trick pony. :coffee:

I travel a lot with my job. Pretty much around the league offensive coordinators are despised by their fans after a loss or disappointing season. Just part of the job. The truth is all offenses are remarkably similar in concept. When the play doesn't work it's a bad call. When it works all credit to the player. I get that the offense seems to function better when Ben is given the reigns. But at the same token if that's all you did then it probably isn't going to work over the long haul. I think an offense has to be diverse. I think the biggest problems with this offense has been injuries. For example Ben got dinged up against the Dolphins and couldn't perform to standards. Same thing with the game in Baltimore, but truthfully they probably went overboard trying to protect Ben and should have scrapped the conservative game plan long before they did. But if you read the post game quotes it seems pretty obvious that Tomlin was the one demanding that the game plan stay conservative until it was too late.

You also seem to dismiss the Buffalo game. The 6 minute drive that ended the Bengals game etc... In other words you spin everything to your narrative and drown out anything that doesn't conform to your overview. By marginalizing relevant facts that don't fit your narrative you in fact render your opinions as partisan blather that's not to be taken seriously.

We can tell you''re not clueless. But by allowing yourself to be consumed with your personal angst against Todd Haley you've become a nuisance poster who when we see your name pop up in a thread it brings out a collective groan among the majority of us. I don't get why you allow yourself to be boxed in to being this guy when it's clear you have more to offer? :noidea:

#CRASHFormation
01-03-2017, 10:22 AM
You talk as if the Steelers were 24-24 in the last three years....This is not the case.The Steelers have 32-16 since 2014.

And in 2014 they scored 20 points or less on offense in 9 of 17 games. More than half.

It if wasn't for 12 TD passes in two weeks Haley's fired IMO.

This system sucks on the road. Facts don't lie.

Like I said, I guess we'll see. If Todd Haley's the genius everyone says he is I guess we have no issues.

But at the same token if that's all you did then it probably isn't going to work over the long haul. I think an offense has to be diverse.

And we aren't. Haley's only way to be "diverse" is to put offensive tackles at tight end or run a stupid trick play.

polamalubeast
01-03-2017, 10:24 AM
And in 2014 they scored 20 points or less on offense in 9 of 17 games. More than half.

It if wasn't for 12 TD passes in two weeks Haley's fired IMO.

This system sucks on the road. Facts don't lie.

Like I said, I guess we'll see. If Todd Haley's the genius everyone says he is I guess we have no issues. [/COLOR]

Haley is not a Genius,but he is not bad.

43Hitman
01-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Your posts bring Mike Tomlin's nickname for Mike Wallace to mind. One trick pony. :coffee:

I travel a lot with my job. Pretty much around the league offensive coordinators are despised by their fans after a loss or disappointing season. Just part of the job. The truth is all offenses are remarkably similar in concept. When the play doesn't work it's a bad call. When it works all credit to the player. I get that the offense seems to function better when Ben is given the reigns. But at the same token if that's all you did then it probably isn't going to work over the long haul. I think an offense has to be diverse. I think the biggest problems with this offense has been injuries. For example Ben got dinged up against the Dolphins and couldn't perform to standards. Same thing with the game in Baltimore, but truthfully they probably went overboard trying to protect Ben and should have scrapped the conservative game plan long before they did. But if you read the post game quotes it seems pretty obvious that Tomlin was the one demanding that the game plan stay conservative until it was too late.

You also seem to dismiss the Buffalo game. The 6 minute drive that ended the Bengals game etc... In other words you spin everything to your narrative and drown out anything that doesn't conform to your overview. By marginalizing relevant facts that don't fit your narrative you in fact render your opinions as partisan blather that's not to be taken seriously.

We can tell you''re not clueless. But by allowing yourself to be consumed with your personal angst against Todd Haley you've become a nuisance poster who when we see your name pop up in a thread it brings out a collective groan among the majority of us. I don't get why you allow yourself to be boxed in to being this guy when it's clear you have more to offer? :noidea: Very well said Zu. I hope you and your family had a nice Christmas and New Year's. My wife got me an Authentic LeVeon Bell Color Rush jersey. Yes I'm spoiled..lol

teegre
01-03-2017, 02:16 PM
We can tell you''re not clueless. But by allowing yourself to be consumed with your personal angst against Todd Haley you've become a nuisance poster who when we see your name pop up in a thread it brings out a collective groan among the majority of us.

Bingo!!!

I have stated elsewhere that: Gopher = Terrell Owens

As in: there is obviously "talent" there, but holy crap!!! the collateral damage that one has to endure makes it not worth while.