PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland - Game Ball/Goat

Moose
01-02-2017, 12:42 PM
I couldn't watch the game, but from what I've read about it sounded like pathetic play by us. I'm not a big fan in sitting starter's a whole game, I feel they should keep the timing and rhythm going into the playoffs. Maybe start backup 1st, 2nd and 3rd then let starters come in 4th to finish it up. But I personally like keeping the rhythm going and play starter's. Look how N.E. did business. With that said, sounded as though Landry was his terrible self....so what say you all about who the 'stars' and 'fools' were.

fansince'76
01-02-2017, 12:46 PM
NE still had something to play for. :coffee:

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 12:48 PM
The OL played minus Pouncey. Most of the defensive starters played also.

Offense was the same as it's been for weeks. Start out with Haley's jumbo sets, start slow, and then trailing bring in the wides and send the sloth's to the bench and then the QB/offense plays better.

Moose
01-02-2017, 01:00 PM
NE still had something to play for. :coffee:

True, I forgot about the home field advantage being there.

Craic
01-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Gameballs

I'd have to give one to Landry here. He actually played a pretty good game and had some very nice throws. If it were Ben, he wouldn't get one because I'd expect more out of him. But from a career backup QB? Yep. I'll give him one.

D.Will. He didn't do anything fancy, but you could tell that after the first few carries, he started hitting his stride again and was ready for football.

Backup receivers. They all had a very nice game.

HM Most of the secondary had a few good plays here and there, enough to get mentioned. Shazier as well. One thing that really stuck out to me, however, was the absolute hustle of Burns and Davis on a play where the RB busted through, then, 20 or more yards down the field, cut back all the way across the field, only for Burns and Davis both to chase him down. The RB's cut actually put Davis out of position. He had to stop and reverse course all the way back across field. I was just very impressed that they seemed like the only two that never gave up on the play.

Goats

Everyone in a uniform that saw time on the field. At one point or another, they played bad.

- - - Updated - - -

The OL played minus Pouncey. Most of the defensive starters played also.

Offense was the same as it's been for weeks. Start out with Haley's jumbo sets, start slow, and then trailing bring in the wides and send the sloth's to the bench and then the QB/offense plays better.

Wait . . . you mean . . .

Play run-first and wear out the defense, then put the ball over their heads when their tired, slowing down the pass rush? Really is a shame how that's been working well for, oh, the last 40 years it's been tried.

teegre
01-02-2017, 01:57 PM
GAME BALL:
Ben Roethlisberger

GOAT:
Todd Haley

Rinse.
Repeat.
:jerkit:

Iron Steeler
01-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Haha teegre

- - - Updated - - -

Goats. Our secondary looked like crap taking wide angles for tackle afriad to hit the running back.

Heroes. Back up WRs ... Ayers looks good. There must be reason they pulled him up from practice squad , the Steelers wanted to ensure he remained a steeler.

Other heroes: the browns

st33lersguy
01-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Balls: Landry, the receivers that played, DWil

Goats: The o-line had 4 starters yet still allowed a lot of pressure.

tube517
01-02-2017, 02:45 PM
GAME BALL:
Ben Roethlisberger

GOAT:
Todd Haley
Rosey Nix
Any 2nd or 3rd TE

Rinse.
Repeat.

Fixed and crashed

- - - Updated - - -

Game ball: Landry, 4.75 Ayers (Kool) and the Gang (Cobi and Eli), DHB for running down the INT return and for earning his jumping for the ball pay, DeAngelo.

Goat: Defense/Weak tackling, the O-line.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 02:46 PM
You notice Nix had I believe one snap in the second half.

DW had more room to run, and Jones played solid.

Not a coincidence.

pczach
01-02-2017, 03:31 PM
GAME BALL:
Ben Roethlisberger

GOAT:
Todd Haley

Rinse.
Repeat.

Hey....Wait a minute!

Ben Roethlisberger didn't even play in this game!

:rofl2:

ALLD
01-02-2017, 03:51 PM
GB: Landry Jones by default.

Goats: Fans of Cleveland.

86WARD
01-02-2017, 06:39 PM
Game Balls - D. Will - If not for his 16 points, they would've lost the game. Nix - his blocking was stellar! Landry Jones - was solid. Also give Shazier and Jarvis Jones balls.

Goats - None.

GBMelBlount
01-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Balls: Landry, the receivers that played, DWil

Goats: The o-line had 4 starters yet still allowed a lot of pressure.

I agree and was surprised to see that.

However I wonder if part of it is Landry's lack of pocket presence as compared to Ben.

tube517
01-02-2017, 07:28 PM

However I wonder if part of it is Landry's lack of pocket presence as compared to Ben.

Landry tends to trip over his own feet or is it because Rosey Nix shouldn't be on the field or did he run into 3 TE's? :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
01-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Landry tends to trip over his own feet or is it because Rosey Nix shouldn't be on the field or did he run into 3 TE's? :chuckle:

:applaudit:

teegre
01-02-2017, 08:27 PM

I've done some math.

12% Finney not being as good as Pouncey

16% Finney not communicating with the OGs

35% defenders able to go all-out when blitzing, because they're not worried about Jones scrambling

37% defenders able to go all-out when blitzing, because they're not worried about Jones hitting his hot read

The bell ringer
01-02-2017, 08:36 PM
I've done some math.

35% defenders able to go all-out when blitzing, because they're not worried about Jones scrambling

37% defenders able to go all-out when blitzing, because they're not worried about Jones hitting his hot read

Offensive Lines are like a Chain, only as strong as it's weakest link. And the Center is the most important of a O-Line. Also, I think a lot of the others were just not as juiced about having to play in a meaningless game. Not until maybe the 4th quarter when they saw we still had a chance. Then I noticed better play. I wouldn't worry too much going forward.

teegre
01-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Offensive Lines are like a Chain, only as strong as it's weakest link. And the Center is the most important of a O-Line. Also, I think a lot of the others were just not as juiced about having to play in a meaningless game. Not until maybe the 4th quarter when they saw we still had a chance. Then I noticed better play. I wouldn't worry too much going forward.

Spot on.

GBMelBlount
01-02-2017, 08:47 PM
I've done some math.

Sure, but how big a part do you think Jones & Finney were?