PDA

View Full Version : Wildcard Round: Miami Dolphins Round 2

Edman
01-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Miami's hot streak started with them beating the Steelers in Miami.

Jay Ajayi ripped the D apart for his first 200+ yard game.

Time for a little redemption and to end the Wildcard game jinx. The Steelers have never won a Wildcard Game at home under Tomlin.

polamalubeast
01-01-2017, 03:39 PM
I hope the steelers will stop the run this time!

The bell ringer
01-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Miami's hot streak started with them beating the Steelers in Miami.

Jay Ajayi ripped the D apart for his first 200+ yard game.

Time for a little redemption and to end the Wildcard game jinx. The Steelers have never won a Wildcard Game at home under Tomlin.

Yeah with all our D-Line hurt he did.Not before that. He didn't do squat til Matthews and Tuitt...who is our LEGIT Defensive MVP went out.

Steelers 38
The Fish 10

BOOK IT DANO!!

polamalubeast
01-01-2017, 03:45 PM
STOP THE RUN!!!!

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2017, 04:15 PM
banged up Tuitt and Mathews. Hargrave might not even be back for this one after having his 2nd concussion on the season. I certainly wouldnt expect him back in a week after that. We could very well end up giving Jay Ajayi an encore. Im worried about this game after seeing how shitty we are against the run with our banged up Dline. And we just played the most Mike Tomlin-esque game against inferior competition...at home. How in the hell do we expect to play well on the road against most likely the chiefs if we survive round 1? Lets hope the killer B's finally have great performances at the same time

polamalubeast
01-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Hargrave was back in the game against the Browns....

plenewken
01-01-2017, 04:23 PM
I hope the steelers will stop the run this time!

Yep. I know the game today was meaningless although losing to the Browns would have been really embarrassing, but based on what I saw against Cleveland, our run D better bring its A game against the Dolphins.

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Hargrave was back in the game against the Browns....

after being in concussion protocol?

#CRASHFormation
01-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Yup. He went back in. Foolish.

polamalubeast
01-01-2017, 04:26 PM

yes

- - - Updated - - -

tube517
01-01-2017, 04:27 PM

Yes he came back in for a play. Tomlin did not say anything about Hargrave in the postgame presser.

Guess we will have to wait on Tuesday to find out more details.

43Hitman
01-01-2017, 04:28 PM
They said he passed the test in the locker room. Heard Hillgrove say it myself.

st33lersguy
01-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Depths long the d-line is a concern

SteelerFanInStl
01-01-2017, 04:43 PM

That's good news then.

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2017, 04:46 PM

thats a relief. i feel a lot better about the dolphins game now

polamalubeast
01-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Stephon Tuitt could be back too.

- - - Updated - - -

The bell ringer
01-01-2017, 05:01 PM

- - - Updated - - -

That is fantastic news...thanks for sharing. Boy we really need him too.

The bell ringer
01-01-2017, 06:59 PM
This is Hilarious. Legarrette Blount calls Ndamukong Suh a dirty player ?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-new-england-rb-legarrette-blount-calls-ndamukong-suh-a-dirty-player-20170101-story.html

Funny for a guy who did THIS to call out anyone for being a dirty player.

https://media.giphy.com/media/jzxFr2IYFnCJG/giphy.gif
(http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-new-england-rb-legarrette-blount-calls-ndamukong-suh-a-dirty-player-20170101-story.html)

quistors
01-01-2017, 07:05 PM

- - - Updated - - -

He will be back sat out this week for precautionary reasons. Ricardo more than likely sat out game for precautionary reasons as well once the ankle flared up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

st33lersguy
01-01-2017, 07:25 PM
The biggest issue is the health of D-linemen. Reports on Tuitt are a great sign so far. Would also hope Matthews can play for depth issues

I hope for the Steelers to win and break the trend of poor performances by the AFC 3 seeds in recent years. Since the 3 seeded Chargers made it to the AFC Championship game in 2007, the AFC 3 seeds have won a combined 2 playoff games, both of those playoff wins occurred against the Bungles

The bell ringer
01-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Be honest fans...is there even a little concern next week that Suh will try to hurt one of our key players ? ( I mean accidentally...cause Suh ALWAYS does it by accident )...maybe accidentally trip himself on Ben ? or try a Three stooges fingers to the eye of Bell ?

quistors
01-01-2017, 07:31 PM
Be honest fans...is there even a little concern next week that Suh will try to hurt one of our key players ? ( I mean accidentally...cause Suh ALWAYS does it by accident )...maybe accidentally trip himself on Ben ? or try a Three stooges fingers to the eye of Bell ?

No not really

Born2Steel
01-01-2017, 07:46 PM
"The Steelers have never won a Wildcard Game at home under Tomlin."

We've never tried it with a 5'9" LB from a midwest school where the HC's wife was both pious and had webbed toes, plus Tomlin is changing his breakfast from an everything bagel to a denver omelette with hot sauce.

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2017, 10:46 PM

he did clearly throw a kick at one of Ben's knees in the 1st go around tour. Theres absolutely a concern that Suh will try to hurt one of our key players

fansince'76
01-01-2017, 10:50 PM

Not nearly as much as there would be if we had to face Birth Defect and Company again. Thank God we don't have to see those cheapshotting POSes again next week...

86WARD
01-01-2017, 10:50 PM
So the Detroit/Seattle game will be Saturday Night according to Al Michaels.

Steelers looking at a 1:05 game on Sunday.

st33lersguy
01-01-2017, 10:59 PM
It's a 1:05 game. 1st 1-1:05 playoff game since Indy in 05-06

The bell ringer
01-01-2017, 11:03 PM
Glad to see we get the full 7 days to prepare.

fansince'76
01-01-2017, 11:22 PM
This is Hilarious. Legarrette Blount calls Ndamukong Suh a dirty player ?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-new-england-rb-legarrette-blount-calls-ndamukong-suh-a-dirty-player-20170101-story.html

Funny for a guy who did THIS to call out anyone for being a dirty player.

https://media.giphy.com/media/jzxFr2IYFnCJG/giphy.gif
(http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-new-england-rb-legarrette-blount-calls-ndamukong-suh-a-dirty-player-20170101-story.html)

Consider the source - Sucker Punch is an ass...

#CRASHFormation
01-01-2017, 11:39 PM
And yet we signed that POS and didn't sign Sproles.

The bell ringer
01-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Interesting stat...since 1990...26 years..only ONE # 3 Seed has went, and won the Super Bowl. 4. # 4 seeds have won the Super Bowl in that time, but only 1 # 3 seed. Can't say that is a great sign of Karma for us. But het..trends are made to be broken right.

Psycho Ward 86
01-01-2017, 11:59 PM
Interesting stat...since 1990...26 years..only ONE # 3 Seed has went, and won the Super Bowl. 4. # 4 seeds have won the Super Bowl in that time, but only 1 # 3 seed. Can't say that is a great sign of Karma for us. But het..trends are made to be broken right.

in 2005 we were the 1st #6 seed to win it all. time to rewrite history.

on a sidenote, i just realized the dolphins will be missing both of their starting safeties, which includes the very talented Reshad Jones. This is the PERFECT game to test the deep middle with Sammie Coates and get him involved again. And for gods sake Haley, use him for a little more than a 9 route, jesus. if Coates isnt at least half as good as he was for the 1st half of the season, i really dont think we get that far

Mojouw
01-02-2017, 12:04 AM

on a sidenote, i just realized the dolphins will be missing both of their starting safeties, which includes the very talented Reshad Jones. This is the PERFECT game to test the deep middle with Sammie Coates and get him involved again. And for gods sake Haley, use him for a little more than a 9 route, jesus. if Coates isnt at least half as good as he was for the 1st half of the season, i really dont think we get that far

If Green is healthy he might just be able to exploit the safeties as well.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 12:05 AM
You mean you're allowed to throw deep over the middle?

polamalubeast
01-02-2017, 07:24 AM
The dolphins are 30th against the run and they allowed 4.8 yards per run.The last time against them, Bell had 53 yards on only 10 run, but the steelers gave up the run because the dolphins scored points in each drive on offense.

Hopefully this time the steelers defense will not be embarrassed another time against this team since Bell needs to be a big factor in this game.

Edman
01-02-2017, 08:08 AM
Interesting stat...since 1990...26 years..only ONE # 3 Seed has went, and won the Super Bowl.

In case you're wondering who that is. It was the 2006-07 Colts that did it.

A crappy road to go in the playoffs for sure. If the Steelers beat Miami, they have to go to Kansas City, while New England is facing the likely possibility of facing Tom Savage or Mike McCloin/Conner Cook in the Divisional Round. Yeah.

Two of New England's biggest threats in the AFC Postseason will beat up on each other before the Championship game. Good stuff.

polamalubeast
01-02-2017, 08:16 AM
Fortunately we not play against the Ravens this time.

It's always hard to play against the ravens and the ravens have often been the 6th seed under John Harbaugh.

Moose
01-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Get N.E. game plan for Miami.....they held Ajayi to 16 carries for 59 yrds.

Iron Steeler
01-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Just win and stay healthy... stay away from suh

SteelerFanInStl
01-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Get N.E. game plan for Miami.....they held Ajayi to 16 carries for 59 yrds.

The game plan is to jump out to an early lead, which then forces Miami to throw the ball in order to catch up. NE got 2 quick TDs and then added 2 FGs for a 20-0 lead. NE did do a good job of plugging up the middle though to limit the yardage that Ajayi was getting. We need to plug the middle and do a better job of tackling. Our tackling in that first game was atrocious.

Our offense needs to score TDs early. If we do that, we can control the game.

fansince'76
01-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Fortunately we not play against the Ravens this time.

Or those cheapshotting POSes from Cincy. I blame the injuries from cheap shots for the loss in Denver in the divisional round more than anything else.

polamalubeast
01-02-2017, 09:42 AM
The game plan is to jump out to an early lead, which then forces Miami to throw the ball in order to catch up. NE got 2 quick TDs and then added 2 FGs for a 20-0 lead. NE did do a good job of plugging up the middle though to limit the yardage that Ajayi was getting. We need to plug the middle and do a better job of tackling. Our tackling in that first game was atrocious.

I agree

In our last three games, the Steelers trailed by at least 10 points at one point of the game, the Steelers won his 3 games and I like the fact that the steelers don't quit, but we must stop having a big deficit, since the steelers will not always win this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Or those cheapshotting POSes from Cincy. I blame the injuries from cheap shots for the loss in Denver in the divisional round more than anything else.

agree

st33lersguy
01-02-2017, 10:26 AM
They need to jump out to a big lead like Baltimore and New England did. Miami will be more difficult to beat if they are kept in the game. They have won 8 games by a single possession this year.

quistors
01-02-2017, 10:35 AM
Ajayi has been dealing with injuries the past couple weeks. He was questionable going into this week and had to go for x-rays after yesterday's game for all that's worth

The bell ringer
01-02-2017, 10:59 AM

Jones has been out since our first game with Miami, so it's not like they have to find someone for him. They actually have been playing better without him. So him not playing is no biggie.

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2017, 11:55 AM
Jones has been out since our first game with Miami, so it's not like they have to find someone for him. They actually have been playing better without him. So him not playing is no biggie.

arent you the same guy that doesnt think Justin Houston is a threat? Reshad Jones is one of the top safeties in the league

The bell ringer
01-02-2017, 12:06 PM
arent you the same guy that doesnt think Justin Houston is a threat? Reshad Jones is one of the top safeties in the league

He might be, but he has not been a loss for them since he got hurt late in that first game. I mean Miami has not only won more without him, but their overall stats without him have improved as well. I don't rant, I am just telling the truth. Same for Houston...when has his not playing hurt them this year ?

In the games he has played he has not been much of a factor. And the Chiefs have a better record without him then with him. That is not Hyperbole....that is just a fact.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 12:11 PM
I agree

In our last three games, the Steelers trailed by at least 10 points at one point of the game, the Steelers won his 3 games and I like the fact that the steelers don't quit, but we must stop having a big deficit, since the steelers will not always win this way.

This is one of the biggest differences with Haley here that NO ONE mentions:

Opening drive TD's in the Ben Era:

Arians (Five years): 22

Whiz (Three years): 14

Haley (Five years): 12

For Haley to have two extra years, and still trail Whiz by two, in a league that now features rules to help the offense even more is embarrassing.

That stat above was always a big factor in the Ben Era prior to 2012. But Haley treats most 1st quarters like a preseason game.

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2017, 12:13 PM
He might be, but he has not been a loss for them since he got hurt late in that first game. I mean Miami has not only won more without him, but their overall stats without him have improved as well. I don't rant, I am just telling the truth. Same for Houston...when has his not playing hurt them this year ?

In the games he has played he has not been much of a factor. And the Chiefs have a better record without him then with him. That is not Hyperbole....that is just a fact.

Lets apply that logic to us:

"Cam Heyward might be, but he has not been a loss for us since he got hurt earlier in the season. I mean Pittsburgh not only won more without him, but their overall stats without him have improved as well. I don’t rant, I am just telling the truth. Same for Heyward, when has he not been playing hurt for them this year?"

Tell me that doesnt push the upper limits of stupid.

st33lersguy
01-02-2017, 12:35 PM

"Cam Heyward might be, but he has not been a loss for us since he got hurt earlier in the season. I mean Pittsburgh not only won more without him, but their overall stats without him have improved as well. I don’t rant, I am just telling the truth. Same for Heyward, when has he not been playing hurt for them this year?"

Last year they had a better record without Le'Veon Bell

Mojouw
01-02-2017, 12:36 PM
This is one of the biggest differences with Haley here that NO ONE mentions:

Opening drive TD's in the Ben Era:

Arians (Five years): 22

Whiz (Three years): 14

Haley (Five years): 12

For Haley to have two extra years, and still trail Whiz by two, in a league that now features rules to help the offense even more is embarrassing.

That stat above was always a big factor in the Ben Era prior to 2012. But Haley treats most 1st quarters like a preseason game.

Do the same thing for scoring drives later in the game. Wonder who comes out on top then? I'm not sure I always like it, but Haley seems to dink around in the first 1-3 drives calling plays and using formations that he often uses to set-up a big play later in the game.

We can't just argue about things in a vacuum, it is part of a whole package. I don't really want to bang the table for Haley being an amazing offensive mind, but he isn't exactly chopped liver either. He seems to get a ton of crap around here, but you read a broad selection of NFL commentary and most outsiders seem to really like him. Of course Arians is regarded as one of the better offensive minds in the league.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember all those games they won without Polamalu? That guy was such a drag on the roster!

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 12:40 PM
Do the same thing for scoring drives later in the game. Wonder who comes out on top then?

Depends what your criteria is? Do you value Ben's 165 yard two TD passes 4th quarter in slop time against the Saints MORE, than Whiz and Arians taking the air out of the ball with a lead?

Opening drive is the same for everyone in the proper context.

GoSlash27
01-02-2017, 12:43 PM
I am honestly worried about this game if Ajayi is in. He's a very tough runner to contain. I honestly think the only way to stop him is to keep him off the field.
OTOH, we were pretty banged up on D back in week 6. That probably made him look better than he really is. Or at least I hope...

Method28
01-02-2017, 12:48 PM
You guys think it matters much if Tannehill or Moore starts?
Tannehill "has been seen walking without a limp around the practice facilities "

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Moose
01-02-2017, 12:57 PM

I agree, but scoring and getting an early lead is the problem. And then they go conservative when they do get any kind of lead. And tackling is a killer with this team for some reason. Why can't this team beat someone 30-0 just once ? Playing 1-14 Browns at OUR house shouldn't even have been a contest.

Mojouw
01-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Depends what your criteria is? Do you value Ben's 165 yard two TD passes 4th quarter in slop time against the Saints MORE, than Whiz and Arians taking the air out of the ball with a lead?

Opening drive is the same for everyone in the proper context.

[/COLOR]

What about second quarter and third quarter scoring? What about TD % on ALL drives (we can exclude garbage time)? If we are going to do comparative stats to advance the theory that Haley deserves to ridden out of town on a rail, we can't just pick the ones that support the idea and ignore the ones that may not.

Screwing around here -https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct?date=2017-01-07

And it seems like Haley's offenses rank higher in TD % than Arians' did. I think that people forget that was another frustration with ARians. It was getting Ben hit AND not scoring points - particularly in the red zone.

Again, has Haley totally corrected that? No, but is he better in a relative sense? Seems to be.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 01:04 PM
I agree, but scoring and getting an early lead is the problem. And then they go conservative when they do get any kind of lead. And tackling is a killer with this team for some reason. Why can't this team beat someone 30-0 just once ? Playing 1-14 Browns at OUR house shouldn't even have been a contest.

Because they don't play that way. That's why I laugh at the 30 PPG nonsense. Haley wastes too many plays and drives with his trickster bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

They scored plenty. The one year it was really bad was 2008 when Ben was hurt and he had the worst three game run of his career after a hot start.

Like I posted earlier, Arians in 2009 was 12th in scoring and 7th in yards and he was almost fired.

In 2016 we are 12th in scoring and 7th in yards and Haley's supposedly great?

Why?

Because he's from Pittsburgh. If any other OC pulled the same shit Haley has since he's been here they'd be fired long ago.

The bell ringer
01-02-2017, 01:09 PM

That is not true. Heyward got hurt in the 2nd quarter against Baltimore in the first game, he did not comeback, and the Ravens ran after that much better then when he was in there. Then in the next week Heyward tried to play against Dallas, and he left after the 2nd or 3rd series, and after that is when Zeke went off on us. He has not played since. But with him, we were 5-1, and gave up 68 yards a game rushing, and a 3.4 YPC average. Since he has left we have allowed over 4. YPC. I'd say that pretty much proves my point on his value to us. Jones on the other hand, although good, at least THIS season, after he has left has NOT hurt Miami defensively. I mean check the numbers, as well as the results.

Mojouw
01-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Because they don't play that way. That's why I laugh at the 30 PPG nonsense. Haley wastes too many plays and drives with his trickster bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

They scored plenty. The one year it was really bad was 2008 when Ben was hurt and he had the worst three game run of his career after a hot start.

Like I posted earlier, Arians in 2009 was 12th in scoring and 7th in yards and he was almost fired.

In 2016 we are 12th in scoring and 7th in yards and Haley's supposedly great?

Why?

Because he's from Pittsburgh. If any other OC pulled the same shit Haley has since he's been here they'd be fired long ago.

2009 Arians offense scored TDs on 48.21% of their red zone drives good for 22nd in the league.

2016 Haley's offense scored TDs on 59.18% of their red zone drives good for 12th in the league.

I was actually starting to consider that your points were interesting and then you broke out the yinzer tinfoil hat brigade stuff as your trump card. I'm out...

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2017, 01:24 PM
That is not true. Heyward got hurt in the 2nd quarter against Baltimore in the first game, he did not comeback, and the Ravens ran after that much better then when he was in there. Then in the next week Heyward tried to play against Dallas, and he left after the 2nd or 3rd series, and after that is when Zeke went off on us. He has not played since. But with him, we were 5-1, and gave up 68 yards a game rushing, and a 3.4 YPC average. Since he has left we have allowed over 4. YPC. I'd say that pretty much proves my point on his value to us. Jones on the other hand, although good, at least THIS season, after he has left has NOT hurt Miami defensively. I mean check the numbers, as well as the results.

reread what you're replying to

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 01:24 PM
2009 Arians offense scored TDs on 48.21% of their red zone drives good for 22nd in the league.

2016 Haley's offense scored TDs on 59.18% of their red zone drives good for 12th in the league.

I was actually starting to consider that your points were interesting and then you broke out the yinzer tinfoil hat brigade stuff as your trump card. I'm out...

Tell me I'm wrong? Off the field he's a mess. And they haven't won enough with him on the field.

Here's his chance. If they get to the AFC title game? He can stay.

Anything less? Time's up. You can't get to one AFC title game in 5 years? Bye.

Mojouw
01-02-2017, 01:29 PM
I could care less what Haley or anyone else does off the field. I have plenty of role models and friends in my life. Don't need these folks to do anything but perform on Sundays.

As to the rest, it all depends on where you want to lay the blame? If I'm understanding things correctly, your position would be that because of Haley the Steelers have failed to advance to the AFC championship game multiple times in the last 5 years.

I think that there is plenty of blame to go around and that I am not certain that Haley deserves to be scapegoated.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 01:33 PM
I could care less what Haley or anyone else does off the field. I have plenty of role models and friends in my life. Don't need these folks to do anything but perform on Sundays.

As to the rest, it all depends on where you want to lay the blame? If I'm understanding things correctly, your position would be that because of Haley the Steelers have failed to advance to the AFC championship game multiple times in the last 5 years.

I think that there is plenty of blame to go around and that I am not certain that Haley deserves to be scapegoated.

His offense has scored UNDER 20 in EVERY PLAYOFF GAME he's ran it since 2009 in two cities.

Ben started EVERY GAME, in 2013 and 2014.......but Haley's offense, scored 20 points or less on offense, in 17 of those 33 games.

20 points or less on offense in 12 of our last 21 road games.

20 points or less on offense, in 8 of 11 games against the Ravens since 2012.

By all means, why SHOULD he stay?

Mojouw
01-02-2017, 01:40 PM
His offense has scored UNDER 20 in EVERY PLAYOFF GAME he's ran it since 2009 in two cities.

Ben started EVERY GAME, in 2013 and 2014.......but Haley's offense, scored 20 points or less on offense, in 17 of those 33 games.

20 points or less on offense in 12 of our last 21 road games.

20 points or less on offense, in 8 of 11 games against the Ravens since 2012.

By all means, why SHOULD he stay?

Hey look, the same #'s that you use in every thread. I know why you have reached your opinion. I am not trying to talk you out of your dislike of Haley. I myself am not certain how I feel about him. What I am trying to say is that he is far from the only reason the Steelers struggle.

Didn't this board have a whole thread for like 3 days about how it was all the defense's fault?

This whole thing started because of a statement that a multi-TE set is the Steelers base offensive set. I honestly don't think it is. They use it repeatedly, but so does every NFL team. I believe that the 3 WR formation is the best description of their base offensive scheme.

The whole what do we all feel about Haley thing was never the discussion I was trying to have. If Miami comes into Pittsburgh and the Steelers score like 4 points, I'm sure someone is going to get fired.

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 02:33 PM
What I am trying to say is that he is far from the only reason the Steelers struggle.

HE runs the offense. HE sets the personnel on the field. No one else.

The whole what do we all feel about Haley thing was never the discussion I was trying to have. If Miami comes into Pittsburgh and the Steelers score like 4 points, I'm sure someone is going to get fired.

It won't be Todd Haley. So it wouldn't matter who it is anyway.

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Tell me I'm wrong? Off the field he's a mess. And they haven't won enough with him on the field.

Here's his chance. If they get to the AFC title game? He can stay.

Anything less? Time's up. You can't get to one AFC title game in 5 years? Bye.

how do you know? are you the guy that haley was talking about when he had his office at kansas city bugged :lol:

teegre
01-02-2017, 08:35 PM
Speaking of the upcoming Wild Card game against the Miami Dolphins...

Who'd win in a cage match: The Meddling Lawyer ...or... Charles Johnson?

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 08:39 PM
Charles Johnson would. He EARNED everything he got and came from a tough background.

pczach
01-02-2017, 09:43 PM
Speaking of the upcoming Wild Card game against the Miami Dolphins...

Who'd win in a cage match: The Meddling Lawyer ...or... Charles Johnson?

That's right up there with a Garo Yepremian/Roy Gerela vs The Grammatica brothers in a Tag Team Match.

BigBen2004
01-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Lol.

NFL Total Access just said, "Don't kid yourselves Steelers fans. This Dolphins team is built to break you."

Must be great having to make a case for every team. Wonder what they'll say about the Texans ��

#CRASHFormation
01-02-2017, 09:56 PM
The Dolphins do on defense have the front four that usually gives Haley's offense trouble.

They have to slant, they have to chip DE's, and most important, they can't waste fucking plays with Roosevelt Nix, Chris Hubbard, and David Johnson on the field.

You want two TE's? Play James and Green/Grimble. Those guys at least have skill.

BigBen2004
01-02-2017, 09:59 PM
The Dolphins do on defense have the front four that usually gives Haley's offense trouble.

They have to slant, they have to chip DE's, and most important, they can't waste fucking plays with Roosevelt Nix, Chris Hubbard, and David Johnson on the field.

You want two TE's? Play James and Green/Grimble. Those guys at least have skill.

Its the playoffs, and I know you can't look past anyone. But, Pittsburgh is leaps and bounds better than Miami. The offensive line can win the game on its own.

teegre
01-02-2017, 10:14 PM
That's right up there with a Garo Yepremian/Roy Gerela vs The Grammatica brothers in a Tag Team Match.

"... and Ray Finkle jumps off of the top rope!!!"

Rotorhead
01-03-2017, 10:36 AM
I think we will see a different game this time around. Ajayi won't put up 200 yds this time, in fact I think we will hold him under 100 yds. Tuitt, JH, Shazier and Timmons will shut him down this time. They will make the QB beat us. Our offense will play much better as well, first off we are at home and secondly we are almost 100%. I am not looking past this game for sure, but I think we will turn in a much better performance. On a side note, I just read on BSPN that Dupree led the NFL in sacks since his return, let that sink in for a bit.

tube517
01-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Hargrave is NOT in concussion protocol according to Tomlin in today's presser

polamalubeast
01-03-2017, 11:25 AM

The bell ringer
01-03-2017, 11:31 AM
I think we will see a different game this time around. Ajayi won't put up 200 yds this time, in fact I think we will hold him under 100 yds. Tuitt, JH, Shazier and Timmons will shut him down this time. They will make the QB beat us. Our offense will play much better as well, first off we are at home and secondly we are almost 100%. I am not looking past this game for sure, but I think we will turn in a much better performance. On a side note, I just read on BSPN that Dupree led the NFL in sacks since his return, let that sink in for a bit.

That is not true. I don't know who said that. Bud has been back technically for 8 games now. But his first one back he hardly played at all. But still in his last 7 games, he has 5 sacks...Hell I KN OW Arizona's " Golden " has more then that. But still his overall presence has been huge for the amount of pressure that the TEAM has been able to apply. But he does not have the most Sacks since his return.

polamalubeast
01-03-2017, 11:32 AM
That is not true. I don't know who said that. Bud has been back technically for 8 games now. But his first one back he hardly played at all. But still in his last 7 games, he has 5 sacks...Hell I KN OW Arizona's " Golden " has more then that. But still his overall presence has been huge for the amount of pressure that the TEAM has been able to apply. But he does not have the most Sacks since his return.

Maybe he meant that the steelers have the most sacks in the nfl since his return?

tube517
01-03-2017, 11:38 AM

What happened to Vince?

Mojouw
01-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Splinters from the bench?

GBMelBlount
01-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Sounds like we may have all of our starters for Miami except Heyward.

So it will likely come down to play calling and which Ben shows up imo.

The bell ringer
01-03-2017, 01:24 PM
I know some teams writers can be shall we say biased. But you all have GOT to go to " Omar Kelly's " twitter page...read what he is saying about us. I mean some of it is just laughable.

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Iron Steeler
01-03-2017, 01:25 PM
As long as we dont throw that haley play with 3 tightends and one wr (not ab) and one rb (not leveon bell) on sunday i think we will be fine.

That was the most obvois garbage play i have seen us rin all season.

#CRASHFormation
01-03-2017, 01:26 PM
He runs that formation a lot.

Funny, didn't run it once in the second half Sunday.

And Landry Jones played well.

Todd Haley is the ONLY thing that stops his own offense.

The bell ringer
01-03-2017, 01:28 PM
As long as we dont throw that haley play with 3 tightends and one wr (not ab) and one rb (not leveon bell) on sunday i think we will be fine.

That was the most obvois garbage play i have seen us rin all season.

Actually the TE is where we need to attack Miami. They have been dreadful covering the other teams TE all season. And with their recent Injuries to their Safeties...It's exactly an area we need to attack.

#CRASHFormation
01-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Chris Hubbard though?

Use Green or Grimble with James if they want two TE's.

Leave #74 and #82 on the bench.

steel striker
01-03-2017, 02:13 PM
To me the steelers just need to stop the run and, take control of this game early. They should win this one 31-13.

teegre
01-03-2017, 02:22 PM

Since Dupree returned and Harrison was given the starting role, this defense has been much better.

But, but, but, "Last time..."

Last time... no Tuitt.
Last time... a hobbled BB (couldn't step into throws).

I think that having those two players healthy might make a "small" difference.

Iron Steeler
01-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Actually the TE is where we need to attack Miami. They have been dreadful covering the other teams TE all season. And with their recent Injuries to their Safeties...It's exactly an area we need to attack.

Not knocking the formation. Knocking one particular play in the ravens game. First play in the 3rd quarter.

Ladariud green
Xavier grimble
Jessie James

Will be needee for added protection as well... this dolphins defense of front is ridiculous

#CRASHFormation
01-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Green didn't play against the Ravens.

It was actually Nix and David Johnson running pass patterns on pick #1.

Rotorhead
01-03-2017, 03:03 PM
I think our OL can handle the Fins DL just fine.

zulater
01-03-2017, 03:08 PM
If you watch that Dolphin game a big part of the problem was Jarvis Jones couldn't set the edge. Now 92 is starting that wont be an issue.(didn't play against the Browns either) The yards wont be easy to come by with Harrison on duty..

Mojouw
01-03-2017, 03:30 PM
If you watch that Dolphin game a big part of the problem was Jarvis Jones couldn't set the edge. Now 92 is starting that wont be an issue.(didn't play against the Browns either) The yards wont be easy to come by with Harrison on duty..

Very good point. A few DBs lost contain and didn't run fill well either - that is largely cleaned up last few weeks. I hate to say it, because I really like the guy, but from what I remember Hargrave got worked that game. And so did Matthews.

I would really like to see Big Dan get some play in this game. When he remembers his technique, he is an immovable object.

Skinart82
01-03-2017, 03:49 PM
I thought Big Dan was going to snap RG3 in half when he sacked him and jumped on top of him.

The bell ringer
01-03-2017, 03:58 PM
Come Sunday.....

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpXtSbuab0g8C7tC9Sd8RKIScAnKlTa Yq_894ngzoHjR-CykEd

https://pics.onsizzle.com/lions-thatsa-nice-legyouigotthere-inuulludea-oname-nfl-memes-if-someone-6345.png.....A PUNK!!!

quistors
01-03-2017, 04:26 PM
If you have twitter go look at omar kelly tweets hot garbage

polamalubeast
01-03-2017, 04:48 PM

Le'veon Bell will be very motivated if he sees that!

tube517
01-03-2017, 04:51 PM

Who in the blue hell is Omar Kelly?

polamalubeast
01-03-2017, 04:59 PM

fansince'76
01-03-2017, 05:20 PM

As a Dolphins beat writer, WTF does this chump know about "playoff football?" Congrats on your first postseason appearance in EIGHT years. :coffee:

polamalubeast
01-03-2017, 05:23 PM

As a Dolphins beat writer, WTF does this chump know about "playoff football?" Congrats on your first postseason appearance in EIGHT years. :coffee:

and second since 2002!

quistors
01-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Maybe he meant that the steelers have the most sacks in the nfl since his return?

What he meant is Dupree had the most sacks in the month of December and that's a fact

quistors
01-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Chris Hubbard though?

Use Green or Grimble with James if they want two TE's.

Leave #74 and #82 on the bench.

He used them to block 99.99 percent of the time because Jesse can't block a toddler. He mixed and matches personal as good as anyone

#CRASHFormation
01-03-2017, 05:55 PM
If you say so.....LOL

Iron Steeler
01-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Defend the run. And run all over em. Control the clock

Special teams no more penalties.
Offense no more penalties on 3rd down
Defense no more penalties on 3rd down

Aka drive killers.

The bell ringer
01-03-2017, 06:36 PM
What he meant is Dupree had the most sacks in the month of December and that's a fact

No...it is not.

polamalubeast
01-03-2017, 06:40 PM

quistors
01-03-2017, 06:49 PM
No...it is not.

My bad AFC linebackers

The bell ringer
01-03-2017, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=quistors;573780]My bad AFC linebackers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Like I said, his own personal sack numbers are not the point. What is is that before he came back, Steelers were dead last in both team Sacks, and pass pressure on the opposing QB's,,,since his return, we are the league leaders in team sacks, and 3rd in pressures on the QB. I just want him at his natural position, ready to go with a healthy D-line. If we make it's e it that far to New England...I just want us to go ALL OUT on Brady. Even if we lose, better we lose like that then just sitting back on defense and rushing only 3-4 defenders. Cause Brady always destroys that type of defense.

Mojouw
01-03-2017, 07:09 PM
To be fair, Brady basically destroys any defense that doesn' t plant him on his ass less than 2.5 seconds after the snap. That's about how quick he gets the ball out.

So since Von Miller and Khalil Mack are not coming off the edge for the Steelers anytime soon - I would be leery of simply unleashing the hounds on every snap and calling it a day.

That being said, you can't sit back and just let the Pats work their plan either. You have to disrupt the flow of what they want to do. In the first match-up this season, the Steelers actually did this pretty well except for a few times that they got "Gronked". Without Gronk, the Pats are a bit easier to play against. You just don't let up any YAC and your kinda good to go as none of their other big name skill guys really threaten you down the field. It will be interesting to see if a combination of Mitchell/Hogan/Floyd can provide that deep threat this playoff run. Without it, teams like the Steelers who are fast sideline to sideline on defense and flow to the ball well should be able to limit that short passing game that Brady, Edelman, Amendola, etc just eat teams up with.

None of this really matters at this point because I am still not confident that they will have the bodies upfront to stop the 'Phins from just manhandling them again.

Shoes
01-03-2017, 07:18 PM
To be fair, Brady basically destroys any defense that doesn' t plant him on his ass less than 2.5 seconds after the snap. That's about how quick he gets the ball out.

So since Von Miller and Khalil Mack are not coming off the edge for the Steelers anytime soon - I would be leery of simply unleashing the hounds on every snap and calling it a day.

That being said, you can't sit back and just let the Pats work their plan either. You have to disrupt the flow of what they want to do. In the first match-up this season, the Steelers actually did this pretty well except for a few times that they got "Gronked". Without Gronk, the Pats are a bit easier to play against. You just don't let up any YAC and your kinda good to go as none of their other big name skill guys really threaten you down the field. It will be interesting to see if a combination of Mitchell/Hogan/Floyd can provide that deep threat this playoff run. Without it, teams like the Steelers who are fast sideline to sideline on defense and flow to the ball well should be able to limit that short passing game that Brady, Edelman, Amendola, etc just eat teams up with.

None of this really matters at this point because I am still not confident that they will have the bodies upfront to stop the 'Phins from just manhandling them again.

I don't think Shazier played in the last game against the pats. I think they can get pressure on Brady if Tuitt plays, Davis has also been effective when blitzing. I feel they have a good chance if they get that far.

polamalubeast
01-03-2017, 07:23 PM
It's a bad idea to talk about the next possible opponent, since we have to beat the Dolphins before....

The bell ringer
01-03-2017, 07:31 PM
I don't think Shazier played in the last game against the pats. I think they can get pressure on Brady if Tuitt plays, Davis has also been effective when blitzing. I feel they have a good chance if they get that far.

Yes he did. But he did miss the Miami game...as well as the two before it ( Jets and KC game )

Shoes
01-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Yes he did. But he did miss the Miami game...as well as the two before it ( Jets and KC game )

Thanks for the info.

The bell ringer
01-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the info.

Yeah he was back for the Pats game...but anyone could still see he was still not himself. His speed & quickness were not near what they are now.

The bell ringer
01-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Ben asked about Ndamukong Suh...easy response....make fun of the Bengals :lol::lol::lol: Ben also asks Steelers fans to STFU!! ( Please _)

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/01/03/ben-roethlisberger-ndamukong-suh-steelers-dolphins-nfl-playoff-schedule/stories/201701030132

BigBen2004
01-04-2017, 03:02 AM
Minimize Suh and Wake's impact, and you win the game. Their secondary is banged up. Kiko Alonso is banged up. They have a backup QB with no playoff experience starting, on the road. Tuitt and Shazier will make Week 6 an aberration.

No game is a guarantee. But, Pittsburgh is the far superior team AND they are motivated. That loss in week 6 was a blessing in disguise.

I see a complete defensive performance taking place on Sunday.

tube517
01-04-2017, 11:25 AM
http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/01/steelers_te_grimble_ribs.html

If Green and X-man can't play, it's up to the Outlaw and DJ. No more 3 TE's.... :whoo::yay3::stirthepot::chuckle:

polamalubeast
01-04-2017, 02:51 PM

86WARD
01-04-2017, 02:53 PM

Shazier played but his snaps were very limited.

polamalubeast
01-04-2017, 02:54 PM
Why Omar Kelly Shouldn’t Compare Jay Ajayi’s 2016 Rushing Stats To Le’Veon Bell’s

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/01/omar-kelly-shouldnt-compare-jay-ajayis-2016-rushing-stats-leveon-bells/

The bell ringer
01-04-2017, 02:57 PM
So happy that Green, Tuitt and Coates all practiced today with no limitations at all. I actually thought they might hold Tuitt and Coates out an extra day or two, and have them go at it Friday. The fact that they did not means they are ready to go.

tube517
01-04-2017, 03:33 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/injuryreport/article-1/AFC-Wild-Card-Injury-Report-Dolphins/b74f9fc5-333e-4e23-9fde-1bc8616d1297

Injury Report

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
LB Anthony Chickillo (Ankle)
S Robert Golden (Ankle)
DE Ricardo Mathews (Ankle)
RB DeAngelo Williams (Not Injury Related)
LB Vince Williams (Shoulder)

FULL PARTICIPATION
WR Sammie Coates (Hamstring)
CB Justin Gilbert (Shoulder)
TE Ladarius Green (Concussion)
TE Xavier Grimble (Ribs)
DE Stephon Tuitt (Knee)

Rotorhead
01-04-2017, 05:30 PM
Is it Sunday yet?

ALLD
01-04-2017, 06:28 PM
This game should be over at halftime. Scrub substitutions should begin at the start of the 4th as long as we are not in scoring position.

Psycho Ward 86
01-04-2017, 06:42 PM
meanwhile, the dolphins didnt even have their top cornerback Byron Maxwell practice due to a bum ankle today. Antonio Brown is going to take notes on that and rip on a sharp cut like he did with Vontae Davis. The dolphins are already down their 2 starting safeties from the previous matchup. Now their backup safety Bacarri Rambo is failing to practice as well. Mike Pouncey was around for the previous matchup. He's on IR now.

Artie Burns was a shitty tackler back then. Now he's much improved. Sean Davis only played special teams last time. Not anymore. James Harrison was on a snap count with Jarvis Jones and now he's the starter. Bud Dupree and Ladarius Green didnt even play.

This teams NEEDS to put a beatdown on the dolphins. All the chess pieces are in place

teegre
01-04-2017, 08:49 PM
meanwhile, the dolphins didnt even have their top cornerback Byron Maxwell practice due to a bum ankle today. Antonio Brown is going to take notes on that and rip on a sharp cut like he did with Vontae Davis. The dolphins are already down their 2 starting safeties from the previous matchup. Now their backup safety Bacarri Rambo is failing to practice as well. Mike Pouncey was around for the previous matchup. He's on IR now.

Artie Burns was a shitty tackler back then. Now he's much improved. Sean Davis only played special teams last time. Not anymore. James Harrison was on a snap count with Jarvis Jones and now he's the starter. Bud Dupree and Ladarius Green didnt even play.

This teams NEEDS to put a beatdown on the dolphins. All the chess pieces are in place

...and, both BB & Tuitt were injured.

The bell ringer
01-04-2017, 08:56 PM
...and, both BB & Tuitt were injured.

Ben played through it though. But....Matthews got hurt early and did not play further, as did Hargrave. And Marcus Gilbert & Timmons did not suit up.

Psycho Ward 86
01-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Ben played through it though. But....Matthews got hurt early and did not play further, as did Hargrave. And Marcus Gilbert & Timmons did not suit up.

holy shit. really puts into perspective how hamstrung we were for that game.

we have no excuses to not put up a beatdown

teegre
01-04-2017, 09:43 PM

BB couldn't step into any throws. It was like watching Landry Jones.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-04-2017, 10:10 PM
BB couldn't step into any throws. It was like watching Landry Jones. Nothing worse then that is accept Michael Vick at a Dog Show or QB the Steelers.

The bell ringer
01-04-2017, 10:10 PM
BB couldn't step into any throws. It was like watching Landry Jones.

That may be true. But it was still stupid for Yomlin to allow him to continue. I mean Ben COULD have very well injured that knee worse. Especially with Ndamukong Suh on the field. Remember in the 4th quarter...Suh did a clear jump and kick to Ben's knee. And of course there was NO penalty on Suh...or a league fine.

The bell ringer
01-04-2017, 10:18 PM
This per Omar Kelly.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1YEWa9UkAA4Nl6.jpg

Do you believe this ? I KNOW there better be some posters here in the Burgh who will make an appearance there on Saturday night. Maybe someone can put some " E-coli " into their Chicken wings. :-)

Mojouw
01-04-2017, 10:47 PM
I don't think this will be a blowout for the Steelers. The Dolphins are a good football team that has overcome more than their share of adversity.

I'll be happy with a win of any kind but am honestly expecting a close hard fought game. Decided by a FG late.

The bell ringer
01-04-2017, 10:52 PM
Dolphin WR " Jarvis Landry " & Odell Beckham tied for the most receptions in their first 3 seasons....288 total.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/04/beckham-landry-have-most-catches-in-first-3-seasons-in-nfl-history/

Not bad for a guy who did this the year he was drafted in round 2 ( Please take note of his combine time )

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119383&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR

teegre
01-04-2017, 10:57 PM
That may be true. But it was still stupid for Yomlin to allow him to continue. I mean Ben COULD have very well injured that knee worse. Especially with Ndamukong Suh on the field. Remember in the 4th quarter...Suh did a clear jump and kick to Ben's knee. And of course there was NO penalty on Suh...or a league fine.

As far as I recall, the injury wouldn't have gotten worse by playing. Painful... but, not worsened by playing.

But, Yes, he should have sat.

Better yet...
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/the-assassination-of-leveon-bell-by-the-coward-todd-haley/

The bell ringer
01-04-2017, 11:06 PM
As far as I recall, the injury wouldn't have gotten worse by playing. Painful... but, not worsened by playing.

Better yet...
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/the-assassination-of-leveon-bell-by-the-coward-todd-haley/

Yes it could get worse by playing cause it restricted his mobility, which means he could not avoid
sacks. And what does that have to do with letting a injured and limited Ben continue with Suh on the field, who clearly took an Intentional kick at Ben's knee ?

teegre
01-04-2017, 11:15 PM
[Yes it could get worse by playing cause it restricted his mobility, which means he could not avoid
sacks. And what does that have to do with letting a injured and limited Ben continue with Suh on the field, who clearly took an Intentional kick at Ben's knee ?

Like I said:

And... back to my original point: BB could not step into his throws (ergo, he'll play much better this time around).

The bell ringer
01-04-2017, 11:34 PM
Ndamukong Suh responds to Legarrette Blount's comments about him being a Dirty Player.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article124559954.html

Read the opening sentence...Blount took Shots...Ndamukong Suh takes the HIGH ROAD!! Yeah right Suh...just like the HIGH ROAD your leg took to Ben's knee!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A9Up8IdK0s

The bell ringer
01-05-2017, 02:35 PM
Miami writers predictions for the Dolphin/Steelers game.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-staff-predictions-miami-dolphins-at-pittsburgh-steelers-20170105-htmlstory.html

86WARD
01-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Omar Kelly is a dope. He's drinking heavy doses of the Dolphins Kool-Aid...lol. Homer.

SteelMember
01-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Miami writers predictions for the Dolphin/Steelers game.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-staff-predictions-miami-dolphins-at-pittsburgh-steelers-20170105-htmlstory.html

Everyone but Omar picked us, and he only gave a +1 advantage... now I think we're in trouble.

polamalubeast
01-05-2017, 03:07 PM
If the Steelers have 0 or 1 turnover they will win, unless the dolphins still have more than 200 yards rushing.

86WARD
01-05-2017, 03:12 PM
The games not a gimme by any means and I could easily see Pittsburgh lose. However, Kelly has just been over the top biased about how the Dolphins match up so well against the Steelers and how well they did in the first meeting. Neither team is the same since then.

AtlantaDan
01-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Update from Thursday's practice on injuries

Tight end Ladarius Green was a full participant in practice again Thursday, and all signs point toward him being available Sunday. Green will speak with reporters Friday for the first time since he sustained a concussion against the Bengals Dec. 18.

Defensive end Stephon Tuitt (knee), receiver Sammie Coates (hamstring) and tight end Xavier Grimble (ribs) also were full participants for the second day in a row. Safety Robert Golden (ankle) and defensive end Johnny Maxey (ankle) were limited Thursday.

Linebacker Anthony Chickillo (ankle), defensive end Ricardo Mathews (ankle) and linebacker Vince Williams (shoulder) did not practice.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/05/pittsburgh-steelers-miami-dolphins-afc-wild-card-nfl-playoffs-injuries-ryan-tannehill-mike-pouncey/stories/201701050179

Iron Steeler
01-05-2017, 05:16 PM
This per Omar Kelly.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1YEWa9UkAA4Nl6.jpg

Do you believe this ? I KNOW there better be some posters here in the Burgh who will make an appearance there on Saturday night. Maybe someone can put some " E-coli " into their Chicken wings. :-)

Just bring the cheerleaders... Thanks ;-)

polamalubeast
01-05-2017, 05:22 PM
I hope that Omar Kelly will enjoy the playoffs game Sunday since it could be the only playoffs game of this decade for the dolphins.

Miami will not have an easy schedule every year.

GBMelBlount
01-05-2017, 06:48 PM
Update from Thursday's practice on injuries

...and tight end Xavier Grimble (ribs) also were full participants for the second day in a row..

Must have been a small crack. :wink02:

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think this will be a blowout for the Steelers.

The Dolphins are a good football team that has overcome more than their share of adversity.

I'll be happy with a win of any kind but am honestly expecting a close hard fought game. Decided by a FG late.

If Ben comes out up tempo, no huddle, 3 wides and throws the ball down field to open it up for Bell and underneath passes I think we could put up a lot of points.

Do I think this will happen?

Probably not.

- - - Updated - - -

Dolphin WR " Jarvis Landry " & Odell Beckham tied for the most receptions in their first 3 seasons....288 total.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/04/beckham-landry-have-most-catches-in-first-3-seasons-in-nfl-history/

Not bad for a guy who did this the year he was drafted in round 2 ( Please take note of his combine time )

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119383&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR

Yikes.

Almost as slow as Jerry Rice.

AtlantaDan
01-05-2017, 07:43 PM
If Ben comes out up tempo, no huddle, 3 wides and throws the ball down field to open it up for Bell and underneath passes I think we could put up a lot of points.

Do I think this will happen?

Probably not.

If the Steelers are moving the ball too well Haley can unleash the always successful WR reverse

Iron Steeler
01-05-2017, 08:59 PM
If the Steelers are moving the ball too well Haley can unleash the always successful WR reverse

Omg please dont. Lol always a -15 yard gain.

86WARD
01-05-2017, 09:00 PM
Omg please dont. Lol always a -15 yard gain.

Come on...DHB!!!!

Iron Steeler
01-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Come on...DHB!!!!

I am excited to get DHB. He is a very underrated player.

The bell ringer
01-05-2017, 10:37 PM
That's one way to toughen them up Tomlin :-)

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/01/steelers_tomlin_cold_practice.html

The bell ringer
01-05-2017, 10:42 PM
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly (https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly) Ladarius Green's new nickname (from me) is Patches O'Houlihan. Been quite good at dodging, ducking, dipping, diving and dodging media lately

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJYGAWM_VAqjbT9VbwAD4_ym6u1inQl 969ZhG56PwjEljhI7__dw

#CRASHFormation
01-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly (https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly) Ladarius Green's new nickname (from me) is Patches O'Houlihan. Been quite good at dodging, ducking, dipping, diving and dodging media lately

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJYGAWM_VAqjbT9VbwAD4_ym6u1inQl 969ZhG56PwjEljhI7__dw

Because they told him to keep quiet.

Now the way Kaboly works? He'll dog Green any chance he gets.

The bell ringer
01-05-2017, 11:03 PM
Because they told him to keep quiet.

Now the way Kaboly works? He'll dog Green any chance he gets.

Crash...you don't wear IRONY very well. Try leaving that to us big boys. Kaboly was just being funny and sarcastic.

#CRASHFormation
01-05-2017, 11:07 PM
You'll see. He gets pissed when players don't respond to his requests.

26bellpit
01-06-2017, 12:41 AM
That Haley WR reverse only worked with Marty, Coates and DHB, aka tall guys who are lightning quick, I remember watching it in the Dallas game and getting sick.

BigBen2004
01-06-2017, 03:09 AM
As this game draws closer, I get the feeling it's going to be a blowout.

Had we lost week 6, I'd be semi-worried of a trap game. But, we didn't, so I'm not. These guys are fired up and hungry to redeem themselves.

Take this into account: Sean Davis, Artie Burns, Bud Dupree, Ryan Shazier and James Harrison did not start week 6. They've been some of the biggest contributors to this defensive turnaround.

teegre
01-06-2017, 06:29 AM
Take this into account: Sean Davis, Artie Burns, Bud Dupree, Ryan Shazier and James Harrison did not start week 6. They've been some of the biggest contributors to this defensive turnaround.

Bingo!!! Plus, BB was hobbled.

I'm not overlooking the Dolphins; they beat us fair & square. But, along those same lines, I do indeed feel that a lot of talking heads are overlooking how much better the Steelers defense is now. Oh... and that a healthy BB might make a difference.

Iron Steeler
01-06-2017, 07:11 AM
I do recall Miami got embarassed on Thursday night football the week beforw they faces us. They came into that game on a mission we came in sleep walking.

Not this time

Born2Steel
01-06-2017, 08:03 AM
The concern with Miami is not are they better than us. They have a very good OL, and used it last time to run up 200+ yards. My worry is that they use that this time to play control the clock and field position football. Our offense never gets any rhythm and we lose a 14-10/17-14 type game. If this becomes a shootout game I love our chances to blow them off the field. But take a team from 3-4 offensive possessions per quarter, to 2 possessions per quarter, it becomes harder for the offense to keep patient and stay within the game plan.

polamalubeast
01-06-2017, 08:08 AM
The concern with Miami is not are they better than us. They have a very good OL, and used it last time to run up 200+ yards. My worry is that they use that this time to play control the clock and field position football. Our offense never gets any rhythm and we lose a 14-10/17-14 type game. If this becomes a shootout game I love our chances to blow them off the field. But take a team from 3-4 offensive possessions per quarter, to 2 possessions per quarter, it becomes harder for the offense to keep patient and stay within the game plan.

Yeah, I hope the coaching staff will not handcuffed our offense.This is the worst thing to do.

TOP don't wins the games, points do, but it's important that the dolphins have not the ball for 37 minutes like the last time.

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 08:12 AM

Miami's O-Line is not that good. Their rushing numbers are extremely skewed. They played Buffalo twice, and what they did against us was so bogus considering we had only 2 Defensive players on our entire team over 250lbs that game in the 2nd half....which by the way is when Ajayi did almost all his damage.

polamalubeast
01-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Miami's O-Line is not that good. Their rushing numbers are extremely skewed. They played Buffalo twice, and what they did against us was so bogus considering we had only 2 Defensive players on our entire team over 250lbs that game in the 2nd half....which by the way is when Ajayi did almost all his damage.

Yeah, their rushing numbers are inflated because of 3 games (2 against Buffalo and the other against us)

We must be ready for their passing game too, I don't want the steelers to be too focused to stop the run.

teegre
01-06-2017, 09:13 AM
The concern with Miami is not are they better than us. They have a very good OL, and used it last time to run up 200+ yards. My worry is that they use that this time to play control the clock and field position football. Our offense never gets any rhythm and we lose a 14-10/17-14 (tel:14-10/17-14) type game. If this becomes a shootout game I love our chances to blow them off the field. But take a team from 3-4 offensive possessions per quarter, to 2 possessions per quarter, it becomes harder for the offense to keep patient and stay within the game plan.

It reminds me of a fight (in high school) between a wrestler and a basketball player. As long as they stood standing, the basketball player had the reach advantage. But, as soon as the wrestler got his hands on his opponent, the fight drastically changed.

In a shootout, the Steelers win 99/100.

In a grind it out slug-fest, it's about 50/50.

tube517
01-06-2017, 12:10 PM

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 12:53 PM

That's strange considering they announced yesterday that he has passed all the concussion protocols. All except the last one which is passing a Neutral Physical exam.

86WARD
01-06-2017, 01:11 PM

he may not have passed the contact portion of the concussion protocol. He can practice for days, weeks or months but if he can't pass the contact portion, he's not allowed to play.

Shoes
01-06-2017, 01:12 PM
He's been reading Cortez Allens notes

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 01:14 PM
he may not have passed the contact portion of the concussion protocol. He can practice for days, weeks or months but if he can't pass the contact portion, he's not allowed to play.

He passed all the protocols...Steelers announced this yesterday. Only thing that could have happened is either he failed the Independent exam today...or Green bumped his head in the kitchen bending over for a rag or something. :-)

Shoes
01-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Draft a TE

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 01:28 PM
My guess would be symptoms increased after the week of practice. It happens.

polamalubeast
01-06-2017, 03:15 PM

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 03:29 PM
I expect Bell to touch the ball at least 35 times Sunday. Not all runs, but at least that much. Miami's secondary...just like our D-line in the first game is shredded. No excuse for our offense not going right through them.

polamalubeast
01-06-2017, 04:03 PM

86WARD
01-06-2017, 06:41 PM
He passed all the protocols...Steelers announced this yesterday. Only thing that could have happened is either he failed the Independent exam today...or Green bumped his head in the kitchen bending over for a rag or something. :-)

WRONG!!! He didn't respond well to the contact portion. It's the last part of the protocol. He passed everything else until the contact practice yesterday and that's what kept him in protocol because he didn't react the way they wanted. He was doing well but was never out of it.

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 06:43 PM
WRONG!!! He didn't respond well to the contact portion. It's the last part of the protocol. He passed everything else until the contact practice yesterday and that's what kept him in protocol because he didn't react the way they wanted.

Show me a link that says that. Cause I saw one where he had passed every protocol except for the Independent physical from a neurologist.

Iron Steeler
01-06-2017, 06:53 PM
So are we 2 TEs down with Green and Grimble?

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 07:02 PM
So are we 2 TEs down with Green and Grimble?

Grimble is not injured in any way.

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Grimble has cracked ribs but he's playing.

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Grimble has cracked ribs but he's playing.

They are not an issue. Otherwise he would have been listed on the report...he wasn't. Therefor they are not a problem or a restriction in any way.

86WARD
01-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Show me a link that says that. Cause I saw one where he had passed every protocol except for the Independent physical from a neurologist.

You can google it and you can listen to the reports on NFLRadio. He was never out of the protocol. Whatever link you read was false. Grimble has cracked ribs and his status was questionable all week due to the injury. His status depends on how he does in practice and whether or not he is limited in anyway. If he plays, he will probably be wearing extra padding. Again, google it and you will see it. It's not rocket science.

#CRASHFormation
01-06-2017, 07:33 PM
Ray Fittipaldo @rayfitt1
(https://twitter.com/rayfitt1)30 Dec 2016 (https://twitter.com/rayfitt1/status/814907007488688128)

Green listed as a DNP today, but we were told he could talk to reporters. That's usually code for being out of the concussion protocol.

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 07:34 PM
You can google it and you can listen to the reports on NFLRadio. He was never out of the protocol. Whatever link you read was false. Grimble has cracked ribs and his status was questionable all week due to the injury. His status depends on how he does in practice and whether or not he is limited in anyway. If he plays, he will probably be wearing extra padding. Again, google it and you will see it. It's not rocket science.

Grimble wasn't on the Injury report. If he was even a little injured, but could play, he would be on it, but listed as PROBABLE. As for Green....read where it says Green has practiced all week, and all he needs to do was to pass that physical.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18419791/pittsburgh-steelers-te-ladarius-green-concussion-protocol-questionable-playoff-game-vs-miami-dolphins

salamander
01-06-2017, 09:04 PM
All I ask is that the Steelers don't overlook the injury-ridden Dolphins and get over confident.

The bell ringer
01-06-2017, 09:11 PM
All I ask is that the Steelers don't overlook the injury-ridden Dolphins and get over confident.

If they do, or if they have countless stupid penalties again...like they have had all season...then that falls directly on Tomlin. And it was also add further validity to the comments by Bradshaw, and Cowherd.

86WARD
01-06-2017, 09:29 PM
Grimble wasn't on the Injury report. If he was even a little injured, but could play, he would be on it, but listed as PROBABLE. As for Green....read where it says Green has practiced all week, and all he needs to do was to pass that physical.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18419791/pittsburgh-steelers-te-ladarius-green-concussion-protocol-questionable-playoff-game-vs-miami-dolphins

So you say he's got no injured ribs? WRONG!!!! Clueless.

Iron Steeler
01-07-2017, 10:13 AM
We need green now. Dolphins struggle against opposing TEs.

Praying that he makes it

01-07-2017, 10:26 AM
We need green now. Dolphins struggle against opposing TEs.

Praying that he makes it Tomlin needs to name him MPFR. Money Pit For Real.

Iron Steeler
01-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Tomlin needs to name him MPFR. Money Pit For Real.

Yup if there is anytime to buck up and prove your worth. Now is the time. But I dont know how the concusaion protocol works at this stage of the assessment.

- - - Updated - - -

Green plays finesse. He needs to play tougher, definately can tell he is cautious out there. Although kudos to him in the bengals game to take the hit hold on to the ball and seal the 3rd down conversion to put us in position to win the game.

We should look for a TE in the draft still

01-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Yup if there is anytime to buck up and prove your worth. Now is the time. But I dont know how the concusaion protocol works at this stage of the assessment. Don't either but most are cleared with in the fallowing week unlike him. Apparently he has serious issues with it like the rumors. Wouldn't be surprised if he don't play a down in the playoffs and retires after.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep TE is probably a need now.

Mojouw
01-07-2017, 11:35 AM
LOL people think Green has a choice about his status in the protocol.

This isn't a can't make the club from the tub thing.

43Hitman
01-07-2017, 11:37 AM
We will probably let Jesse James develop for another year and see what happens, he has improved in size and ability since his rookie year. Green is under contract so we'll at least keep him another year before even considering cutting him, which I doubt the Steelers would do anyways (see Duece Staley). Then after next season if we're still in need of quality/consistency at the position we'll go in search of a draftee or free agent, in my opinion.

pczach
01-07-2017, 11:51 AM

Correct.

Toughness has nothing to do with concussion protocol. If he is having problems with getting back on the field, it has nothing to do with his desire to do so.

Stuff like this is out of everyone's control, especially Green's. If he heals and passes the protocol....great. If he doesn't, he can't play. Safety is the most important thing.

I hope he clears and can stay healthy and away from any more concussions. This definitely seems to be an issue with him, and it could affect his career if this continues.

01-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Correct.

Toughness has nothing to do with concussion protocol. If he is having problems with getting back on the field, it has nothing to do with his desire to do so.

Stuff like this is out of everyone's control, especially Green's. If he heals and passes the protocol....great. If he doesn't, he can't play. Safety is the most important thing.

I hope he clears and can stay healthy and away from any more concussions. This definitely seems to be an issue with him, and it could affect his career if this continues. Point being the rumors must be true about him in the past because 90% usually past the protocol the next week. He is still having issues after three weeks. That is the point we are making.

Craic
01-07-2017, 12:05 PM

Correct.

I hope he clears and can stay healthy and away from any more concussions. This definitely seems to be an issue with him, and it could affect his career if this continues.

Not to mention the headaches he was having earlier in the year probably having to do something with the issue as well. I'd well imagine that if he had problems with migraines, for instance, a concussion could bring that back with a vengeance.

Shoes
01-07-2017, 12:08 PM
Correct.

I think it is an issue and it will affect his career. He seems to be involved in the testing longer than most, not good for his long term health. We need to draft or pick up a good TE in the off season/draft.

Born2Steel
01-07-2017, 12:46 PM
[/B]
I think it is an issue and it will affect his career. He seems to be involved in the testing longer than most, not good for his long term health. We need to draft or pick up a good TE in the off season/draft.

Agreed.

SteelMayhem72
01-07-2017, 12:54 PM
i agree with the earlier comment...green is done and will retire after the season

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Psycho Ward 86
01-07-2017, 02:34 PM
WOW. Some people are a special kind of stupid. Your ability to endure your brain crashing inside your skull is NOT a very intelligent measure of someone's toughness. I think everybody else above has kind of said everything else that needs to be said. And Green for his credit has caught the ball in the face of some menacing hits this season. Green is not a damn finesse player. I remember Collins with a hit on Green in the giants game that should have just ended him and Green casually shrugged it off and kept running. That isnt a new play for him. He did that from time to time in San Diego as well. You just dont see it as much with him as you do with a Heath Miller type because Green is in the open field more with his speed

Iron Steeler
01-08-2017, 07:08 AM
WOW. Some people are a special kind of stupid. Your ability to endure your brain crashing inside your skull is NOT a very intelligent measure of someone's toughness. I think everybody else above has kind of said everything else that needs to be said. And Green for his credit has caught the ball in the face of some menacing hits this season. Green is not a damn finesse player. I remember Collins with a hit on Green in the giants game that should have just ended him and Green casually shrugged it off and kept running. That isnt a new play for him. He did that from time to time in San Diego as well. You just dont see it as much with him as you do with a Heath Miller type because Green is in the open field more with his speed

I dont see as much with him because he is not on thr field.

Still stand by my statement . Physicality is not what comes to mind when I watch Green play. And in my opinion he looks cautious out there like a guy with a concuss

He is more of a Greg Olsen rather then a Gronk.

Maybe toughness is the wrong word. But I do wish he played more physical and with a little mean streak. He is one of our bigger playmakers.

And in my opinion he looks cautious out there like a guy with a concussion history.

I will ne more then welcome to eat crow if he shows up in the post season and scored 10 tds

pczach
01-08-2017, 07:23 AM
[/B]

It's a shame. You may be right.

I don't know what the team will do, but what they decide to do in the draft will probably tell us about how much concern there is that he will be able to continue to play and stay healthy.

ALLD
01-08-2017, 07:30 AM
If Green keeps getting concussed from big hits he needs to retire. Just like once great boxers who took too many hits, then go down with nornal punches after developing a glass jaw.

GBMelBlount
01-08-2017, 07:32 AM
How much of the $20 million contract with Green was guaranteed?

Will we take a beating on the cap if we cut him?

I think a good TE may be the final piece to Bens offensive machine.

However, I am just not sure THAT guy is in the upcoming draft or worth the pick.

TE seems a little thin this year.

So unless someone emerges from our current group I think it may be worth dipping into FA again.

Count Steeler
01-08-2017, 07:40 AM
Ladarius Green signed a 4 year, $20,000,000 contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers, including a $4,750,000 signing bonus, $4,750,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $5,000,000. In 2016, Green will earn a base salary of $1,250,000 and a signing bonus of $4,750,000. Green has a cap hit of $2,437,500 while his dead money value is $6,000,000.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/ladarius-green-9926/

Born2Steel
01-08-2017, 07:42 AM
How much of the $20 million contract with Green was guaranteed?

Will we take a beating on the cap if we cut him?

I think a good TE may be the final piece to Bens offensive machine.

However, I am just not sure THAT guy is in the upcoming draft or worth the pick.

TE seems a little thin this year.

So unless someone emerges from our current group I think it may be worth dipping into FA again.

Agree. TE does look like a thin position in this draft. The only 2 I find worth taking early will be playing Monday night in the college championship. Both are listed as good blockers and good pass catchers. After those two, not much that doesn't need work to be an NFL TE. There are a lot of proven vets in UFA this offseason also. May be better to get one there.

#CRASHFormation
01-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Steelers Inactives

No. 18 - QB Zach Mettenbergerhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/zach-mettenberger/0aaebdf3-aa5e-4e69-86c7-6a89063582d0/)
No. 21 - S Robert Goldenhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/robert-golden/80b22c56-f6cd-4f6e-a383-406ade654331/)
No. 24 - CB Justin Gilberthttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/justin-gilbert/ac54e4a2-f6a3-4784-9924-2b64c9ef3ac5/)
No. 56 - LB Anthony Chickillohttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/anthony-chickillo/7da2456b-1f69-4602-9b96-b9137ac43280/)
No. 69 - T Brian Mihalikhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/brian-mihalik/bbb50ae5-3aef-4e37-aae1-744bf5d197ae/)
No. 89 - TE Ladarius Greenhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/ladarius-green/287addd6-a836-4815-8e86-adb9a4192cf8/)
No. 90 - DE Ricardo Mathewshttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/ricardo-mathews/bce9b8e0-7fea-408f-8de7-3eab37532c09/)

tube517
01-12-2017, 02:04 PM
http://www.thescore.com/news/1206588

Report: Dupree fined $18K for hit on Dolphins' Moore

86WARD
01-13-2017, 08:35 AM
That's such bullshit imo. How is Dupree supposed to avoid that? Just let Moore complete the pass and throw for a TD?

SteelerFanInStl
01-13-2017, 09:48 AM
That's such bullshit imo. How is Dupree supposed to avoid that? Just let Moore complete the pass and throw for a TD?

You're not allowed to play football any more. QBs will indeed wear dresses soon.

I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play! - Jack Lambert

teegre
01-13-2017, 12:18 PM
Matt Moore dropped down a few inches, right before the hit (slide???). At that point, Dupree was already tackling him.

What is a defender supposed to do these days!?!

tube517
01-13-2017, 03:07 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/01/steelers-wr-eli-rogers-fined-24309-blindside-hit-dolphins-game/

While Rogers was reportedly fined $24,309 for his blindside hit, he obviously won’t have to pay all of that being as it is more than 25% of what he earned for playing in the Wild Card game.

SteelerFanInStl
01-13-2017, 05:17 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/01/steelers-wr-eli-rogers-fined-24309-blindside-hit-dolphins-game/

Same block as Floyd but Floyd was celebrated for the block and Eli was flagged and fined. SMH.