PDA

View Full Version : Lets say we all knew that the Steelers were going to win the Super Bowl....

The bell ringer
12-28-2016, 10:26 PM
...And you could magically take a PAST Steeler player ( Alive or Dead )...and give him a roster spot, and get him a Championship Ring....who would you select ?

I mean you have players like Greg Lloyd...L.Lipps, M.Hodge...many many others,
But for me, my choice would be so easy. If I could magically bring a past Steeler player to get a Ring it would be " David Little " David Little embodied everything that being a Steeler player meant. He worked his BUTT off each game. He had great Character and was a leader..both on the field and off it. And it was truly tragic the way he died. He gave it everything...but we just couldn't field enough Offensive talent around him.

So anyways fans, that is my choice. Just a little fun topic to pass the time til Sunday. :applaudit:

tube517
12-28-2016, 10:32 PM
Dermontti Dawson. Put him at Center and move Pouncey to LG or even vice versa. Either can play Guard.

The bell ringer
12-28-2016, 10:35 PM
Dermontti Dawson. Put him at Center and move Pouncey to LG or even vice versa. Either can play Guard.

Great choice but, I didn't mean comeback at their prime per se and play. I meant more in a ceremonial way. A roster spot in order to get a Ring. But that was a good steelers player that never won anything.

steelreserve
12-28-2016, 10:41 PM
Terry Bradshaw so he could have 5 championships and there would be an automatic STFU built in to any conversation about Tom Brady being the best ever.

The bell ringer
12-28-2016, 10:45 PM
Terry Bradshaw so he could have 5 championships and there would be an automatic STFU built in to any conversation about Tom Brady being the best ever.

Please stay on point. This was meant for players who did not het a ring...and besides...Brady is far and away better then Terry Bradshaw.

Butch
12-28-2016, 10:48 PM
Please stay on point. This was meant for players who did not het a ring...and besides...Brady is far and away better then Terry Bradshaw.

The hell he is, all Terry's rings are legit, shady cheated to get where he's at

The bell ringer
12-28-2016, 10:54 PM
The hell he is, all Terry's rings are legit, shady cheated to get where he's at

New England definitely illegally taped playoff teams practices, and that was wrong. But that is not on Tom. And Deflate Gate was a joke...it did nothing for them. Terry played during a time when there was NO Gree agency. All those players couldn't leave. Brady has completed passes to over 100 + different WR's in his career. Not to mention all the other positional players...Super Bowls or none..Brady is vastly better.

Now enough...give a LEGIT answer....or stay the hell out!!!

steelreserve
12-29-2016, 03:34 AM

Nobody ever said anything about limiting it to players who had never won a Super Bowl, so it was entirely on point. And while we're at it, you're making yourself look like exactly the kind of Brady ballwasher who that STFU backstop would be for.

I don't even care who actually is the better QB; as long as there was something that could diminish Brady's accomplishments by comparison, that's an A+ for me, so that's still who I'd pick.

Butch
12-29-2016, 04:23 AM
Love him or hate him, Terry never cheated. Your golden boy may not have done the cheating, but he knew about it, benefitted from it and will be forever tainted * with it.

ALLD
12-29-2016, 08:21 AM
Rod Woodson

86WARD
12-29-2016, 08:39 AM
Easily Woodson. It would make the defense that much better and give a second explosive return man.

The bell ringer
12-29-2016, 08:43 AM
You guys are totally NOT getting this thread. The player you add will...1...never have won a Super Bowl Ring before...and 2...would NOT be playing. So how anyone cannot understand this is beyond me.

43Hitman
12-29-2016, 08:46 AM
Yancey Thigpen, he was a good wr that was stuck with O'Donnell and Korky

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are totally NOT getting this thread. The player you add will...1...never have won a Super Bowl Ring before...and 2...would NOT be playing. So how anyone cannot understand this is beyond me.Because you didn't stipulate that when you started this thread. Stop being an asshole. I'm getting real tired of your holier than thou attitude.

86WARD
12-29-2016, 08:46 AM
You guys are totally NOT getting this thread. The player you add will...1...never have won a Super Bowl Ring before...and 2...would NOT be playing. So how anyone cannot understand this is beyond me.

You didn't post those "rules" in the original post. Lol. Woodson never won a ring in Pittsburgh so I'd take him Steelers Era. Before he won a ring in Baltimore...lol.

The bell ringer
12-29-2016, 08:49 AM
Yancey Thigpen, he was a good wr that was stuck with O'Donnell and Korky

- - - Updated - - -

Because you didn't stipulate that when you started this thread. Stop being an asshole. I'm getting real tired of your holier than thou attitude.

I never liked Yancy. He was never a pressure player. He played in the Super Bowl against Dallas...and he was totally the Invisible man...he did nothing. Was constantly hurt, and had a bad attitude. But hey...at least you understood the thread and picked someone who had not won a Ring.

Thanks.

fansince'76
12-29-2016, 09:11 AM
Mike Merriweather. One of the few bright spots on the team between 1982-87, and the only decent player they got out of the 1982 draft.

The bell ringer
12-29-2016, 09:29 AM
Mike Merriweather. One of the few bright spots on the team between 1982-87, and the only decent player they got out of the 1982 draft.

You sir seem like a Old school Steelers fan..( Like me )...and although you may be right about Merriweather being our only halfway decent player drafted that season...he was NOT our only rookie that draft who we got. Your post reminded me of another former Steeler who I greatly liked and admired. In the end...he was probebly considered a better player then Merriweather. And in that 1982 draft...his name was NOT called in the 12 rounds of the draft. But we signed him, and brought him to camp. And in his 10 seasons with the Steelers...9 really cause he was hurt one season...he compiled a nice total of 59 sacks for us. And played steller Run Defense. A great UNDERRATED guy..." Keith Willis "

Born2Steel
12-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Bubby Brister. Unless he won with another team. In which case I should be banned for bringing him up.

st33lersguy
12-29-2016, 10:48 AM
Bubby Brister. Unless he won with another team. In which case I should be banned for bringing him up.

He won as a backup to John Elway on the Broncos teams...BANNED :chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

I would cut Jarvis Jones to make room for Greg Lloyd. He and Harrison together would be awesome

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Mike Merriweather. One of the few bright spots on the team between 1982-87, and the only decent player they got out of the 1982 draft. Thought of him right away and shame we let him go in free agency when he was still awesome and in his prime. That said Probably vote for Hodge or Greg Lloyd though.

12-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Bubby Brister. Unless he won with another team. In which case I should be banned for bringing him up. My Physical Therapist years ago use to work for the Steelers and knew Brister. He said he was such as ass and use to try to pick chics up at the bars by showing them his pay stubs. Apparently He was garbage on and of the field.

The bell ringer
12-29-2016, 05:07 PM
Thought of him right away and shame we let him go in free agency when he was still awesome and in his prime. That said Probably vote for Hodge or Greg Lloyd though.

I'm sorry but what player are you thinking of ?...Cause it sure as hell is not Mike Merriweather. We let him go cause his last 2 years after his great 15 sack season, he was terrible. He was a Me-first player who didn't even try to stop the run on most plays. Only wanted to try and tabulate sacks, and after he left for Minnesota...he was a Bust. Never did anything there, and the fans there hated him. Okay he has that one good season for us, and a way below average season after that one. Other then that...he was nothing.

12-29-2016, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry but what player are you thinking of ?...Cause it sure as hell is not Mike Merriweather. We let him go cause his last 2 years after his great 15 sack season, he was terrible. He was a Me-first player who didn't even try to stop the run on most plays. Only wanted to try and tabulate sacks, and after he left for Minnesota...he was a Bust. Never did anything there, and the fans there hated him. Okay he has that one good season for us, and a way below average season after that one. Other then that...he was nothing.
Your right and must have confused him with Floyd Mayweather. (http://floydmayweather.com/)

- - - Updated - - -

Was thinking of the one LB in the 80's we let go and just over money and went to Tampa and was still very good.

- - - Updated - - -

Back on your Topic after thinking more I go with Hodge over Greg.

The bell ringer
12-29-2016, 05:34 PM
Your right and must have confused him with Floyd Mayweather. (http://floydmayweather.com/)

- - - Updated - - -

Was thinking of the one LB in the 80's we let go and just over money and went to Tampa and was still very good.

- - - Updated - - -

Back on your Topic after thinking more I go with Hodge over Greg.

Considering back then, I was a constant participant at training camp, and have MET Merriweather several times...No, I am right. And he did not sign in Tampa...it was as I said...Minnesota...and he DID fall off considerably, and was not worth what he was paid. Steelers nade the right call letting him go.

fansince'76
12-29-2016, 05:45 PM

Hardy Nickerson? He left for Tampa in the early '90s, though, and I was also pissed that we let him walk.

steelcityboyz
12-29-2016, 05:52 PM
Hardy Nickerson

12-29-2016, 06:15 PM
Yep guys and thanks and was Hardy and remembered shortly after my last post.

12-29-2016, 06:23 PM
Considering back then, I was a constant participant at training camp, and have MET Merriweather several times...No, I am right. And he did not sign in Tampa...it was as I said...Minnesota...and he DID fall off considerably, and was not worth what he was paid. Steelers nade the right call letting him go. Yep you are right and confused him for Hardy.

The bell ringer
12-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Yep you are right and confused him for Hardy.

Okay..I figured....you're too smart to mistake those two. Met Hardy a few times...not a bad guy, real intense. :-)

12-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Okay..I figured....you're too smart to mistake those two. Met Hardy a few times...not a bad guy, real intense. :-) Cool and mostly met all the 70's team accept for Bradshaw and few Steelers from the 90's.

#CRASHFormation
12-29-2016, 09:09 PM
Hardy Nickerson? He left for Tampa in the early '90s, though, and I was also pissed that we let him walk.

"His (Nickerson's) wife wears the pants in that family"

-Dan Rooney

I would go with Dawson, class on and off the field.