PDA

View Full Version : Billboard material ???

The bell ringer
12-28-2016, 10:13 AM
This was a tweet I saw from Mark Kaboly this morning.....

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly (https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly) 30m30 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/814133221881446401) Roethlisberger said if he doesn't play he will start looking ahead to the Dolphins, as well he should. Heck with the Chiefs, I suppose.

2 replies 4 retweets 14 likes

So is Ben saying that because he feels..Heck, Home or no Home field advantage...the Fins AIN'T beating the Patriots, there for I am preparing to play Miami! Could the Dolphins maybe feel Ben is disrespecting them ? Well me, I don't think so. I just think Ben is playing the Odds. Odds that even IF Miami should some how beat New England...the odds are still rather high that KC wins against San Diego. But still...was it smart for Ben to say that when nothing is yet finalized ?

teegre
12-28-2016, 10:19 AM
Kaloby is a shit-stirrer.

There's a 91% chance that the Steelers play the Dolphins. Ergo, BB will (and should) give his attention to them.

The bell ringer
12-28-2016, 10:29 AM
Kaloby is a shit-stirrer.

There's a 91% chance that the Steelers play the Dolphins. Ergo, BB will (and should) give his attention to them.

All due respect, Kaboly did not stir up anything...I did :-) The tweet did not refer to any sort of Billboard material or disrespect. I did cause of my past experience, a team that is a considered underdog will always try to find something...some statement or whatever to try and motivate that team a little extra.

And even though I do agree that Miami is likely our opponent, and maybe the Steelers should stir their preparedness towards them...you cannot guarantee anything in this league. But regardless whether it is the right thing to do by preparing to play Miami. It still might not be the smartest move to announce it publicly.

fansince'76
12-28-2016, 10:33 AM
The Chiefs aren't losing to San Diego, especially with the 2 seed still up for grabs. And the Oakland/Denver game starts at the exact same time.

I also liked Ben's demeanor after the Ravens game - when everyone else was celebrating he had an "all business" look on his face. He's hungry.

Born2Steel
12-28-2016, 10:40 AM
At least he didn't say he was heading to Vegas.

Rotorhead
12-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Why would this go on a billboard? Or did you mean bulletin board? Cause there is a pretty big (pun intended) difference.

The bell ringer
12-28-2016, 10:57 AM
Why would this go on a billboard? Or did you mean bulletin board? Cause there is a pretty big (pun intended) difference.

Good point. My bad. I should have titled it Bulletin Board...Thanks for correcting me.

GoSlash27
12-28-2016, 11:02 AM
Imply someone meant something he didn't in order to motivate the gullible? Gee, I've never seen that tactic used before /sarcasm

- - - Updated - - -

*edit* just saw the video and Kaboly IS a shit- stirrer.

Ben actually said "Miami or whoever".
http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Ben-on-Landry-the-Browns-and-Playoffs/3e56e7b8-9b50-4581-a985-8ffdae904a03
0:10

The bell ringer
12-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Imply someone meant something he didn't in order to motivate the gullible? Gee, I've never seen that tactic used before /sarcasm

- - - Updated - - -

*edit* just saw the video and Kaboly IS a shit- stirrer.

Ben actually said "Miami or whoever".

I didn't see a Video..I just saw the tweet. But good research sir. That would be a lot different.

pczach
12-28-2016, 11:15 AM
The thing is, you only prepare for one team at a time. What Ben said is true because Miami is the most likely opponent. He will also look at other teams that are possible opponents to prepare, but it makes sense to start preparing for the team he is most likely to face. When they find out for certain which team they will be facing in the first round, all energy will go into that opponent.

This is nothing. If Miami wants to make something of that......oh well.

The bell ringer
12-28-2016, 11:20 AM
The thing is, you only prepare for one team at a time. What Ben said is true because Miami is the most likely opponent. He will also look at other teams that are possible opponents to prepare, but it makes sense to start preparing for the team he is most likely to face. When they find out for certain which team they will be facing in the first round, all energy will go into that opponent.

This is nothing. If Miami wants to make something of that......oh well.

You know what...I don't care. Not only in this day and age is it so easy to immediately get game tape on ANY team..easier then say 35 years ago. And I MIGHT wanna see Ben and the team prepare more for a team that we have not personally played this season. But that does not apply here. We have seen and played BOTH Miami and KC. And that right there is a huge edge in preparing for a team you have not played. So I say...bring em all on BABY!!!

teegre
12-28-2016, 11:28 AM
A few thoughts...

1) Kaloby is a known shit-stirrer. (Not that you aren't as well, bell ringer. :lol: ) Kaloby intentionally left off the "or whomever" portion of BB's quote.

2) On the topic of "or whomever", it makes sense for BB to spend 91% of his time preparing for the Dolphins, and only 9% preparing for "whomever".

3) Assuming that both of the possible Wild Card opponents (Chiefs, Dolphins) win this Sunday... that would mean that the Steelers would play the Dolphins. BB isn't saying that the Dolphins will lose, but rather that both the Chiefs and Dolphins will win.

polamalubeast
12-29-2016, 08:50 AM
The Chiefs aren't losing to San Diego, especially with the 2 seed still up for grabs. And the Oakland/Denver game starts at the exact same time.

I also liked Ben's demeanor after the Ravens game - when everyone else was celebrating he had an "all business" look on his face. He's hungry.

This

The bell ringer
12-29-2016, 08:59 AM
This

Yeah keep thinking that. That's exactly what Seattle thought last weekend. They had the #2 seed and Bye all but secured. All they had to do was win AT HOME against a Crummy Arizona team...then win the last game against the MIGHTY 49ers! And yet...what happened to them ? In this league there is only ONE certainty....there are NO Guarantees.

Born2Steel
12-29-2016, 09:36 AM
Is this thread really THAT thought provoking? No, it's not 'billboard' nor 'bulletin board' material. Nobody reads Kaboly except Steelers fans. And most of those that read it, scoff at it.

The bell ringer
12-29-2016, 03:18 PM
Now THIS might Qualify as " Bulletin Board " material. BTW....I LOVE the way Ryan worded his explanation. Great job Ryan.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/29/shazier-steelers-treat-bengals-like-little-brothers-that-get-on-our-nerves/