PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happens this Sunday with Jarvis Jones...don't be fooled!!

The bell ringer
12-27-2016, 10:29 PM
Jarvis Jones, who I suspect will get a LOT of on the field play this Sunday, will be going up against a Cleveland team that has given up a WHOPPING 62 sacks this year. So, it's possible that after this game...Jones MIGHT end up being our leading Sacker...:lol:

But please don't take the bait. It will be pure Fool's Gold. But, Imagine IF Jones gets unfettered attempts to rush the Browns QB...and he doesn't do anything...That won't exactly help him get a job next season. But man...62 sacks given up...No wonder James Harrison wants to play Sunday.

tube517
12-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Chickfila and Moats will likely start unless they get 10 guys to hold Deebo down from trying to start.

Jarvis will probably get ST and mop up duty.

The bell ringer
12-27-2016, 10:44 PM
Chickfila and Moats will likely start unless they get 10 guys to hold Deebo down from trying to start.

Jarvis will probably get ST and mop up duty.

A team is only as good as it's back-ups. Chickillo is hurt still...he won't play even if he could. And Moats, maybe he plays a little. But trust me, ones will get a lot of snaps on defense.

fansince'76
12-27-2016, 10:54 PM
Dong sacks a-plenty! :lol:

The bell ringer
12-27-2016, 11:05 PM
Dong sacks a-plenty! :lol:

Why do some fans hate on Jason Gildon so much. I mean he wasn't a bad player. And a lot of his sacks were not just coverage sacks. I mean c'mon fans...show a little love for Ole Jason. :love2:

teegre
12-27-2016, 11:41 PM
I hope that Jarvis has 4 sacks in each of the next five games.

But, he'll want to be re-signed.

Okay. Heck, if it gets us another Lombardi, I'd be willing to waste $5 million by re-signing him for another year (just in case he turns the corner... which he won't).

86WARD
12-28-2016, 07:51 AM

Okay. Heck, if it gets us another Lombardi, I'd be willing to waste $5 million by re-signing him for another year (just in case he turns the corner... which he won't).

Sign and trade!!

Born2Steel
12-28-2016, 10:49 AM

My ONLY problem with this is it means 2 other guys are injured and not playing.

Count Steeler
12-28-2016, 10:53 AM

I like to dream as much as you, but Jones getting 4 sacks total in the next 5 games would cause my head to asplode. 4 per game will just translate me to euphoria.

The bell ringer
12-28-2016, 11:01 AM
I like to dream as much as you, but Jones getting 4 sacks total in the next 5 games would cause my head to asplode. 4 per game will just translate me to euphoria.

Count Steeler....2 seconds after Jarvis Jones gets his 3rd sack in the 1st quarter against Cleveland..........

https://media3.giphy.com/media/Am1nhjxVA0fEQ/200.gif#17

teegre
12-28-2016, 11:34 AM
My ONLY problem with this is it means 2 other guys are injured and not playing.

Ah... true.

Hmmm... aha!!! Jarvis gets those four sacks per game while only playing eight snaps per game. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Sign and trade!!

Heck... I'd even go for "sign & cut". :chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

How about somewhere in between: 4 sacks in the SuperBowl. :wink02:

SteelerFanInStl
12-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Count Steeler....2 seconds after Jarvis Jones gets his 3rd sack in the 1st quarter against Cleveland..........

If Jarvis is going up against Joe Thomas, he won't sniff any sacks in that game. AFAIK, Thomas isn't injured and will be playing.