PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs: Wild Card round: Sat or Sun???

teegre
12-27-2016, 10:08 PM
I know that they won't officially announce whether the first game will be on Saturday, Jan 7th or Sunday, January 8th...

But, if you have any insight, I'd like to know ASAP.

Last season, both AFC Wild Card games were on Saturday. Does anyone have word on if that format will be the same???... or, maybe it will be reversed (both AFC games on Sunday)???

The bell ringer
12-27-2016, 10:09 PM
I'm sure Goodell will screw us with only a 6 day layoff. :-) I think it will be Saturday though.

teegre
12-27-2016, 10:14 PM
I'm sure Goodell will screw us with only a 6 day layoff.

:lol: So true

(Actually, if we rest our starters against Cleveland, that scenario would give us 8 days off before we play Oakland.)

The bell ringer
12-27-2016, 10:17 PM

(Actually, if we rest our starters against Cleveland, that scenario would give us 8 days off before we play Oakland.)

You mean Miami right ?

pczach
12-27-2016, 10:20 PM
You mean Miami right ?

He means once we beat Miami! :tongue1:

st33lersguy
12-27-2016, 11:22 PM
I think they will give Green Bay and or Detroit Sunday games. If they go 1 NFC game Sunday I suspect they will run afc Saturday 4:30 Sunday 1:00, in that instance I think Pittsburgh gets 4:30 instead of one due to higher popularity. If both NFC games are Sunday then steelers will likely get Saturday prime time slot for the third year in a row

teegre
12-27-2016, 11:40 PM
You mean Miami right ?

Im referring to the 8 days after we play Miami (assuming that we play the WC round on Saturday).

Jan 1: rest starters against Cleveland
That would be only 6 days off, but your starters have already rested... which is like 13 days off.

Jan 7: against Miami
You'd get 7 or 8 days off... hopefully 8 days, because that extra day would be helpful for traveling 3,000 miles west.

Jan 15: travel to Oakland

The bell ringer
12-27-2016, 11:44 PM
Jan 7: against Miami
You'd get 7 or 8 days off... hopefully 8 days, because that extra day would be helpful for traveling 3,000 miles west.

Jan 15: travel to Oakland[/QUOTE]

Dude, this is Roger Goodell we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if he had us play Miami on Sunday at night, then IF we win, and have to travel 3,000 miles to play a rested Oakland team...I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell made it a THURSDAY night playoff game at Oakland ( Giving us 3 days off ) :lol:

teegre
12-27-2016, 11:45 PM
Dude, this is Roger Goodell we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if he had us play Miami on Sunday at night, then IF we win, and have to travel 3,000 miles to play a rested Oakland team...I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell made it a THURSDAY night playoff game at Oakland ( Giving us 3 days off ) :lol: