PDA

View Full Version : Weddle!!!

StillCurtains
12-26-2016, 03:55 PM
I know that the regular season is coming to a close, but during the offseason Weddle was down to 2 teams that he was chosing to sign with and that was the Ravens and Steelers.

I'm not sure what his stipulations were whether if it was what was best for his family, money, a chance to win a Superbowl, or all of the above but I did have some slight animosity towards him all season for chosing the Ravens. I can't blame him too much if it was for family reasons or even the money though at this point in his career.

I do believe though that a chance to win a Superbowl would have to be part of it as his career is winding down. With all that said, I had great satisfaction in not only knocking out the Ravens, but also smearing it in his face as he could have been advancing with the Steelers.

This is not to say that I'm not satisfied with Sean Davis's progress because I am, but having Weddle be on the outside looking in with the team he chose is quite satisfying especially with the fact that he was one of the 3 players that couldn't stop AB on the game winning TD!

I'm not saying the Steelers are going to win the Superbowl, but if they can get just a bit healthier in the next 2 weeks I don't count us out.

Great win yesterday and Go Steelers!

Shoes
12-26-2016, 10:49 PM
If I recall correctly the Steelers never made him an offer. I'm actually happy he went to the ravens now, its given Davis some great experience and he's improving with each passing game.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/03/14/steelers-didnt-put-in-a-formal-offer-for-safety-eric-weddle/

Psycho Ward 86
12-27-2016, 12:32 AM
i still would have liked Weddle. I think we still would have gone safety early in the draft given that Mitchell is always dinged up and almost 30. And Weddle is already kind of old.

It is nice to rub it in his face that we stonewalled him though